Al's Upholstery

Founded 1992 • With Angi since April 2012

3900 Central Ave SW Ste A

Albuquerque, NM 87105

Al’s Upholstery was established in 1992 by Albuquerque natives and father-son team, Al and Adam Durante. What started out as a small and family-owned business, is now the most highly regarded upholstery shop in New Mexico. Al’s Upholstery has proudly serviced over 5,000 customers and continues to provide exceptional, custom and stunning creations. The technicians at Al’s Upholstery are highly skilled and confident that they can address the needs and visions of their clients....

11/03/2015

LOUISE M.

I paid for the coupon for upholstery and never heard from the company. I have sent numerous messages to Angies List without response. I would like my money back, but it looks like I will need to resort to legal action.

Description of Work
nothing

10/20/2015

Keith and Elizabeth D.

Great, helped pick just the Right color.

Description of Work
Re covered car seats

09/08/2015

Deborah P.

Considering fabric had to be ordered . fter I took a couple days to make selection after chair was picked up it all went very well. Chair completed sooner than expected.

Description of Work
Reupholstered very old chair (approx 80+ yrs old). Very helpfull assisting me to find specific fabric not usual for this part of the country. Made my search easier than had I would have had on my own. I've sent pictures of finished chair to family members and all are expressing how much they like. Would definately. Use this service again and recommend to family and friends.

08/21/2015

Deborah B.

I made today's appointment about 2 wks ago. I was on time & so was Al's. Adam was great in listening to my issues with my motorcycle seat. it needed to be trimmed to help me better place both feet flat on the ground when on my motorcycle Adam made some suggestions, had his guy take care of the seat. They did a great job. The result was what I needed, they completed it in the approx. time frame I was told when I scheduled the appointment. And the cost was very close to the estimate. Thanks everyone. I'll be back w/ a chair that needs a do over!

Description of Work
Shave some of the foam away from the overall structure of my motorcycle seat. add additional lumbar support to the motorcycle seat

08/05/2015

Martha S.

Dealing with Al's was a pleasure. They were professional, helpful, and friendly. The work they did is beautiful. They helped select fabric for the seat cushions to go with the pillow fabric I had chosen at an upholstery store. Since they work regularly with the upholstery store, I didn't even have to go back over there to buy the fabric. They finished the job quickly--less than 2 days! My wicker sofa is a special family heirloom, and it has never looked better.

Description of Work
Al's covered the seat cushions and throw pillows for an antique wicker sofa.

06/17/2015

James M.

We borrowed the fabric samples to take home and make our selection. We took the chair bottoms to Al's. They had them recovered the next day.

Description of Work
Recovered six dining room chair seat bottoms.

01/23/2015

Addie D.

After calling the fabric number to Adam, we agreed for pick up on Wednesday 21, two days following establishing our go ahead. I was called an hour before pick-up. Adam was on time, picked up the chair and told me he would call Friday to determine time to deliver the finished job. At about 2:45 the call came that delivery would be around 3 pm. The chair is beautiful and very well done. I already have a job for the shop in the near future. I sincerely hope they continue to do business for Angie's and for those of us in Albuquerque needing their experience. Based on fabric and labor I believe the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Visited the shop and then went to R&R Upholstery as suggested by Adam. to select fabric for a chair. I then called Adam, sales person, and gave him the fabric number.

10/28/2014

Kathryn K.

We have a microsuede couch, loveseat, and chair with zippered covers. The covers were still in good condition, but the foam was getting soft. We wanted the foam in all 12 pieces replaced. Adam showed us several types of foam and we chose the density that suited our needs. Another part of our request involved cutting out the foam from the chair while keeping the microsuede and making a zippered cover using the existing fabric. Adam was very knowledgeable and had no problem with our specific request. I say this specifically because I had called another upholstery shop before I called Al's and the unnamed shop flat out refused to do it. Al's Upholstery shop was friendly, organized, and professional. I noticed they do all kinds of upholstery - auto, medical, home - anything you want. They also have a huge selection of fabric, leather, and everything in between. We were in disbelief when he told us it would be ready by the next day - and it was. Our living room set is like brand new again and extremely comfortable. We are so grateful to find honest, hardworking folks who really care about customers and produce a quality final product.

Description of Work
They replaced foam in our couch, loveseat, and chair.

09/17/2014

Daniel O.

Went very great, material looked great, quality of job was great, staff are friendly, and the got the job done in less than a week!

Description of Work
Reupholstered front and back seats on my 1992 Ford Bronco.

07/31/2014

Cary C.

I called them up and said "Do you repair leather?" and they said "Yes". So I got there but they said they don't do that repair, they'll replace it. What I was hoping for like $20 touched up. They were thinking $300 for a new seat base. They did not do the work. They never quoted. They just said they will not repair, they want to replace it. I said then I don't want to quote.

Description of Work
We needed some leather repair on our car seat.

Category upholstery

Sorry for the inconvenience, we try hard to please any needs in terms of upholstery.

Upholstering - Boat & Auto