Top Notch Mowing and Landscapes

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2011

250 N Gettys Creek Rd

Bloomington, IN 47408

Top Notch Mowing & Landscapes is a premiere landscape service provider in Bloomington. We specialize in landscape renovation and maintenance. We strive to use environmentally friendly materials and techniques to enhance your property. We offer everything from spring and fall cleanups to complete renovations including patios and new planting beds. Ask us how a raised bed garden can bring your family closer!...

11/13/2018

Veronika T.

See above. Nor did lawn grass improve from seeding that they did in fall.

Description of Work
Lots of yard work and sealing up our patio--they proposed a method of doing so that would keep weeds from coming back. It did not work, despite more than $1000 spent on their services.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

07/18/2018

Amy B.

For reasons not related to the company, we did not pursue the work, but the company provided a detailed estimate immediately and was extremely professional in their communication with us. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Landscape cleanup

03/31/2018

Jason W.

Hired these guys because they had a special on AL. They showed up on time, were friendly, and did a good job of what I asked them to do. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Fall Yard Clean Up

Category lawn service, leaf removal

03/19/2018

Cybil C.

Great! They worked with me on waiting till spring to tell where I wanted flowers moved to. The 2 fellows arrived on time and completed what I wanted done to my satisfaction. And they cleaned up all the disposed of yard waste.

Description of Work
Flowers moved and small amount of bush stump removal.

01/29/2018

Karen A.

Excellent job. Friendly and courteous. My yard looks great!

Description of Work
Weeding and muching

Category lawn service, mulch

01/24/2018

Monty M.

They were excellent and they did a great job. They were on time and professional. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They did fall clean up for my home including removing leaves.

01/10/2018

Linda S.

just fine -- most plants proved deer resistant were but alas the deer here are hungry

Description of Work
pulled out all my hostas (deer food), replanted supposedly deer resistant plants,

12/25/2017

Rick M.

We requested a proposal for landscaping ideas in a number of areas. They were very responsive and provided a number of good ideas. We were pleased with how our service received.

Description of Work
Landscape estimate

11/30/2017

Michael K.

This company does a bang-up job . They are very professional, courteous and hard working landscapers.

Description of Work
Leaf cleanup and landscape dressing as well as some bush pruning

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

11/02/2017

Teresa L.

These guys went above and beyond. It look great when they were finished!

Description of Work
Clean up plant beds, plant annuals and laid mulch

10/23/2017

Rosann S.

Top Notch Mowing was responsive to my queries and reasonable in their pricing. The young man/men doing the job were careful and responsible. I would happily recommend Top Notch and would use them again when I can.

Description of Work
I asked about a number of services. Decided to choose the most critical to me at the time. Had weed treatment & mulch delivered / applied by "Taylor" $192. Also asked about aeration and grass seed application but decided to wait since needed more mulch than originally thought for front of home landscaping.

Category mulch

09/19/2017

SHARON S.

I guess 30 miles and 48 minutes of travel time for them is too much to ask (and I would have paid a trip charge). Evidently, they have plenty of business already, and didn't need mine.

Description of Work
I would like to first get an estimate for some overgrowth issues. First, part of my driveway has become a low tunnel, with overhead branches, and some growth along the sides that need to be removed. Second, I would like to have the overgrowth removed on both sides of my driveway entrance (for safety). Third, there are 2 dead pines (about 6-8" dia.) that need to come down, before they fall. And fourth, I have an overgrown area (about 10'x10' and 5' high) that needs to be removed. Update to company response: "Yes - it WAS "called for". I DID give you a "A" rating on Responsiveness, which gave you a "C" rating. I could have left worse. Considering SEVERAL other Bloomington area businesses have been to my home for other services, it's obviously not "too far" for them. For you to flatly refuse my business, without even asking if I would pay a trip or mileage charge, shows to me that you don't need my business. **Maybe you should list that 15 mile maximum service area on your website AND on Angie's list**. Next time someone is interested in your services, that info won't waste anyone's time.

Category lawn service, tree service

To all reading this, we work in Bloomington and Nashville and do not travel more than 15 miles outside of Bloomington.

09/11/2017

Claudia W.

Perfect. The regular worker was more professional and efficient. The two younger workers missed some items, but we took care of them ourselves.

Description of Work
Landscape clean up.

08/16/2017

Michael S.

Kyle and his crew did excellent work. It was all done as proposed, with even a little extra thrown in, for the price estimated. Great communication and good work all around. I'll definitely be calling them again as more jobs come up.

Description of Work
We needed an old retaining wall made of railroad ties removed and replaced with a block wall, plus some minor grading and covering the area with river rock and paving stones.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

08/08/2017

James C.

Adolpo and Dalyn were cool guys, and made quick work of a super difficult weed infestation. They also reshaped everything and it looks awesome now.

Description of Work
I had about a million weeds in my flower bed, the guys took care of everything. They stayed a lot of the day, and were very responsive when I asked them to do things. I bought a big deal for $126, and the rest of the cost was all the new mulch. I have used these guys for 3 projects now, and will always call them as long as I am in Bloomington.

07/12/2017

Nancy H.

Kyle is very dependable. I've used his services for years for regular mowing and annual weeding and mulching of my beds. I wrote a gardening book so I'm kind of fanatical. Two years ago he planted about six trees which are doing well.

Description of Work
Mulching of extensive flower beds, drainage work, and planting several trees

04/12/2017

TIEN-YIN S.

Their estimating service was a little over my budget, that's why I didn't use them. The cost of that was that they removed all my flowers, plants and everything. They would have put new stuff in there. They are pretty good and are pretty straightforward. They do, like, a plan view and some photos so it is not bad. Overall it was good. Their response was really quick. When I get enough budget I am just going to hire them.

Description of Work
I asked them to estimate my front porch landscaping design plans.

12/22/2016

Michael A.

The cost was whatever I paid for online. They are excellent. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Top Notch Mowing and Landscapes did work for us in November. They did just yard clean up and trim bushes mostly.

11/12/2016

Teresa L.

Arrived on time, very helpful and courteous. They cleaned up and hauled away all debris. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Weeding, digging up plants and prepping plant beds for winter. They also moved a very heavy fountain for me.

11/04/2016

Jeffrey L.

The two man crew arrived and did a wonderful job. Very pleasant and professional. They asked wanted I needed done which was trimming and weeding. This is the third time I have used Top Notch and I have been very satisfied each time. When we need landscaping work, we call Top Notch

Description of Work
Purchased 4 hours of services.using an Angie's List special deal.

10/22/2016

Douglas E.

Excellent , no issues, on time and within budget.

Description of Work
Top Notch graded and reseeded out lawn after the yard was torn up due to sunroom addition. i would estimate the front , side and back yard requiring repair was 1200 square feet. Project was completed as scheduled and we had grass within 10 days, after one month it looks great. Thanks to Kyle and his crew. This is the second time we have used Top Notch and my wife and I plan to use their landscaping services again next year.

06/15/2016

Kelly E.

On May 18, I purchased a landscaping plan from Top Notch through an Angie's List deal and also emailed Top Notch to ask for a quote on mowing. On the 19th, I was scheduled for a visit on the 23rd to discuss. In an email on that day, I requested to go ahead and get on the mowing schedule because I was "pretty desperate." I was told that Top Notch would get me on the schedule. I had a visit from Kyle Records on the 23rd and received a quote for various work via email on the 25th. I emailed back within 30 minutes with questions. I did not receive a response to my questions, and so I emailed again on the 27th and again noted that I was "DESPERATE" to get the lawn mowed. In response I received another copy of the quote, no answers to my questions, AND yet another promise to get me on the mowing schedule. Four days later, in May 31st, I received a response to my questions. I responded that afternoon, again asking when I would be schedule for mowing. On June 13th, having never received the courtesy of a response and 25 days after I originally asked to be placed on Top Notch's schedule for lawn mowing, I requested a refund of the landscaping plan fee (which I also never received). The only positive in this experience is that I received the refund promptly.

Description of Work
NOTHING.

03/18/2016

Douglas E.

Good landscape plan, reviewed with us in detail, very professional in planting and cleanup, finished product meets all our expectations. Plan to use Top Notch in the future

Description of Work
Removed old bushes and scrubs, refurbish plot, planted new landscaping.

01/14/2016

RON G.

Top Notch Mowing installed a split-rail fence at the front of the property. It was approx. 130 feet of fence. Each post was concreted in place. Turned out nice. See picture.

Description of Work
Install split-rail fence in front of property.

12/07/2015

RON G.

Kyle and his crew did a great job preparing the old retaining wall (that had fallen down over many years) for a new stone retaining wall. This involved digging out old stones, a couple tree stumps, and digging tons of dirt in an area where no machinery could get into... so all work was done by hand with shovels, axes, and so forth. The crew did a nice job of preparing the area for the new stone retaining wall.

Description of Work
Did prep work (digging, stump removal, and other retaining wall prep work) in preparation for a new brown county stone retaining wall project.

Lair LawnCare

We provide lawn maintenance whether it be mowing, weed eating, mulching or whatever you feel your lawn needs. We are a new company, but we have over eight years experience and we are also backed by the Better Business Bureau. Feel free to give us a call to get your FREE estimate.

Luke Heckman & Sons A-Z Tree Service

Over 20 years of experience, here at Luke Heckman & Sons A-Z Tree Service, we pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We strongly believe in giving our absolute best in all of our projects no matter how big or small. We are experts in our trade and will always keep you educated on your particular task or project. We look forward to earning your business!

Brick + Ember Outfitters

Brick + Ember Outfitters (formerly Chimney & Masonry Outfitters) has been building equity, restoring beauty, and growing peace of mind throughout Indianapolis since 2011.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal

Spring & Fall Cleanups, Mulch & Decorative Stone, Natural Stone & Paver Patios, Retaining Walls, Raised Bed Gardens, & Water Features, Ponds & Pondless Elements, Maintenance Services, Pruning, Shearing, Deadheading, & Mulching