The differences between light-filtering and room-darkening window treatments are subtle but important. We’re sharing their pros and cons, how they complement your home and help you save on energy costs.
Get matched with top window treatment in Bloomington, IN
There are 8 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Bloomington
- Abda Inc Custom Window FashionsJerry was very friendly, very helpful and very patient with us, which was a good thing because we had unusual windows and it took us a while to figure out the best option for our windows. Jerry guided us through the selection process and even came back for the install since we were not a straight forward install. The shutters look AMAZING! We love them. Thanks Jerry
- DISCOUNT BLINDS & VERTICALSIt took him a while to return my call and he came to gave me an estimate. I used this company before for shutters in my house. When he came, he did some measurements and gave me several different prices and options. The price depends on the size of the windows. I like that he has worked in this industry for a long time and because of that he knows what he is doing. He gave us several suggestions and options. He was a nice guy
- Nicely Dunn Handyman Service IncIt was an odd situation because I'm getting used ones so they have to be adjusted to fit. I ended up getting someone else to do it for $175. It was two guys and they seemed thorough but the price was too high. It was really a one guy job. They seem efficient but the price was a little off the wall.I would use them if the price was reasonable
- BUDGET BLINDS OF BLOOMINGTONI've had an issue with one of the blinds. One of the blinds was incorrect. He said he'd get back to me in three weeks but it went on for three months and he wasn't returning my calls. He apologized profusely but didn't really have any excuse. He's a nice guy.
Window Treatment Services in Bloomington
- Business Description:Our goal at JD Hostetter & Associates is to treat every customer honestly, fairly and respectfully. We treat you and your home the way we would want our home and family to be treated with an efficient, low pressure experience. This means that we are available when you need us — whether that be by phone, text, or email. No one makes the right decision under pressure. That’s why we take our time to help you understand the process so you can make a decision at ease. We give you options that fit ..Recent Review:We needed new siding on the second story of our house and we needed new gutters. Tom came out and explained everything to us. I was super impressed that he did not try to oversell his product, unlike the other company that gave us an estimate. He told us what we needed, and more importantly, what we didn't need. We bought James Hardie siding and I am very happy with the product and the installation. The price was better than the other estimates, mostly because the other companies tried to sell us things we didn't need. Tom, our representative, was very knowledgeable and easy to work with, I highly recommend him and JD HostetterKim S.
- Business Description:2011 through 2019 Super Service Award Winner in Roofing, Gutter Repair/Replacement and Remodeling General and Siding. DC Roofing & Exteriors is a full service construction company and one stop shop. There is no job too small. For personable, detailed and professional service DC Roofing & Exteriors will take care of your project with pride in its workmanship. All work is guaranteed with the best warranties on products. With certifications through training and experience, there is no job too s..Recent Review:Called for some work to be done on the roof and got me more than I could’ve thought. They found unexpected roof damage i.e wind damage and hail damage. They came and took my roof off within an hour and replaced some of the osb took out my old chimneys and had the new roof on and cleaned up around the house by 1-1:30 and whole project done within roughly 4.5 hours. They sent pictures of the entire project in the start of every phase to keep me posted so I knew how far they were the entire time! They fought for me and worked with me to get me what I needed. Highly recommend for any exterior project. They will be doing my gutters and replacing some of my old siding and looking forward to them coming back!Michael N.
- Business Description:Formed February 24th of 2012, SYNC Technology Integration is a fully insured and 50% veteran-owned company with 40+ years of combined professional installation and sales experience. We are currently a company of 4, but are growing rapidly! The majority of our projects involve an on-site and in-depth consultation in which we'll discuss your needs and wants at your home or business while giving you some additional ideas that you may not have thought aboutRecent Review:Gary was very responsive in setting up an appointment for a quote. He seemed very knowledgeable. Unfortunately since the visit for a quote he is AWOL. No quote and no response to a follow up email or phone call. I’d understand it if he’s not interested in the job or hasn’t had time to get around to sending a quote yet (over a week). Lack of any kind of follow up is unprofessionalMELISSA J.
- Business Description:11 time Angie's List Super Service Award Winner. Vista Midwest Dealer of the Year. Online quotes are available. Call or e-mail to schedule a complimentary consultation. Cost is determined by the amount and type of product chosen for each installation. Owner involvement in every project. No auto tintingRecent Review:Love,love,love this company! From the beginning to the end of the project, very knowledgeable,great service,wonderful workmanship! Would definitely recommend them!Verla H.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:The BEE Window® design center located in Indianapolis showcases window, siding, door, roofing, sunroom and bathroom product lines. Bee has been turning dreary homes into dream homes throughout Indiana for over 25 years. Its quality products and services include window, siding, door and roof replacement, gutter replacement and leaf protection, room additions with Four Seasons Sunrooms, and bathroom remodeling. The company prides itself on building lasting relations with customers through a com..Recent Review:I'm in the process of getting estimates to replace all 34 windows in my home. I've done extensive online research regarding window materials, options and manufacturer ratings to help guide my selection of local companies dealing in the windows brands in which I'm interested. Bee window was listed on the Infinity by Marvin website as their only "partner" in the Indianapolis area. I then went to the Bee Window website to get additional information about the company. I should have realized when there was virtually no useful information about windows in general or about Infinity by Marvin windows specifically in the entire site coupled with the fact most links led to a page to asking for contact information that the company should be avoided. Unfortunately, I did provide my contact information on a Monday evening and then left for a four day business trip during which time they called no less than 3-4 times a day (always catching me in the middle of conference calls or meetings when I was unable to answer) without leaving a single voice message. While driving back to Indianapolis tonight, a Bee representative called again and I was finally able to take the call. The representative thanked me for signing up for their contest to which I responded I thought I signed up to get an estimate. The representative inquired about the details of what I was looking for (replacing all 34 windows in my house). She then asked if I had a spouse (which I confirmed) and wanted to schedule an appointment time during which both my spouse and I would available. I explained my father recently passed away and we were we were taking turns going to another city to get my father's house ready to sell as well as managing his business and employees short term until we had time to wind it down as well. The sales representative insisted my spouse and I both had to be present at the appointment and suggested we could schedule something a few weeks out to make that possible. My spouse and I agreed I would handle gathering estimates for this particular project which we would both then review to make a final decision. Quite frankly, I'm stunned by the unmitigated gall and arrogance of a company that thinks it's an acceptable business practice in the 21st century to tell potential customers how to run their lives as a condition for the "privilege" of getting an estimate. When I stated such a meeting was neither likely giving our current circumstances nor necessary from our standpoint, the representative told me she couldn't schedule an appointment without both of us present. So I muttered something about stupid business practices and hung up on her. I should probably be thankful Bee Window's insulting and antiquated business model saved me from wasting my time given their overinflated prices I've seen other reviews here mention. Still, it's mind boggling a company would turn down an opportunity to quote on a job worth tens of thousands of dollars because potential customers won't arrange their lives to conform to their demandsMichael J.
- Business Description:Elbert Construction is a general contractor specializing in residential roofing. We are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection. We are also members of the Better Business Bureau and you can check out our reviews on Angie’s List. We are located in Noblesville and serve the entire state of Indiana. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we pride ourselves on getting much of our business through referrals from our customers based on their satisfaction. We are big enough to serve y..Recent Review:Horrible experience. Botched job!! Day one after construction I asked someone to please come look at the job!! Steve blew me off until time to collect final payment. Then tried to tell me it was acceptable job. After two attempts to fix some of the issues. We felt defeated. Then Don Harr called , ask about how it went. He immediately came out to look, after looking the problem was reveled, First, the OSB board was installed wrong, which made everything not line up correctly. He also stated that he had recommended another installer to do our job, He admitting to the fact that Steve was too busy and changed what he had proposed for our job. At that point we threw our hand up ?? What were we to do tear it all off and start over ??? I was lead to believe that Steve was in charge, latter found out we should have called Don from day one. Don was the only truthful one if the bunch!! Even the Window and Gutter installer’s called Steve about the job after they saw the conditionMartha R.
- Business Description:Empire Today®, Makes Beautiful New Floors Easy. Call 877-733-9131for Carpet, Laminate, Hardwood, Vinyl, or Tile flooring. Empire is the easiest way to get the best value and a professional experience. Call 877-733-9131 to Schedule a FREE In-Home Estimate and samples will be brought right to your home. Get professional room measurements and an all-inclusive price estimate. We offer professional installation when you want it around your schedule. Empire’s convenient shop-at-home service and pr..Recent Review:It didn’t go all right they scratched up all the walls broke 3 sheets of dry wall and left there trash every where and left a note o. The stove and said call empire about the scratch’s on all my walls and the three sheets of dry wall ... been dealing with them for 5 years to get a refund or even some one to come out to look at the time .. called today and they said they gave a 325 dollar credit that I did not agree too ... and the lady said someone came out that what it says in the computer .. But no one came out ... been dealing with them for 5 years to get it right and they said I am a rude man lol ... paint and labor and dry wall not cheap but they say it is lol ... all I am asking for is they do the right thing and pay the 1000 to fix the problem.... do not use empire carpet at all ..... and I put down money and they did even take it off the loan either there season person stole that money I guess ...please go somewhere that wants your business ..... ChriRonald A.
- Business Description:SelectBlinds.com is the most reviewed, highest rated online window blinds and shades store and we have the 200,000+ reviews to prove it. We offer custom-made window treatments that are competitively priced along with free shipping and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Visit our website or contact us for more informationRecent Review:None of the people that were recommended responded.Nancy P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Foggy windows indicate a failed seal and moisture in between the panes of glass. Find out if you can fix your foggy windows or if you need to call a pro.
If your double-pane windows fog up or you notice a draft, your window seals may be failing. Here’s what you need to know to repair or replace your windows.
Find window treatment in
window treatment in Bloomington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- DC Roofing & Exteriors1785 Walnut Ln
- DC Roofing & Exteriors
- Elbert Construction Inc15400 Herriman Blvd
- Elbert Construction Inc
- Faerber's Bee Window Inc115 Shadowlawn Dr
- Faerber's Bee Window Inc
- HHS Maintenance and Construction5699 State Road 158
- HHS Maintenance and Construction
- JD Hostetter & Associates7651 W 88th St
- JD Hostetter & Associates
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC
- Palace of Glass2340 Powell St, Suite 108
- Palace of Glass
- The Flooring Gallery103 S Hurstbourne Pkwy
- The Flooring Gallery
- WINDO THERMPO Box 405
Hoosick Falls, New York
- WINDO THERM
- YOUR ART & DECOR5710 Ogeechee Rd 200-276
- YOUR ART & DECOR