You probably haven’t spent much time thinking about bleach or refrigerated food while getting ready to move, but neither should get packed in your moving truck. Learn about this and other tips for what not to pack when you move.
Get matched with top moving companies in Bloomington, IN
There are 29 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Bloomington
- A Better Way Moving & Storage IncExcellent! This company is the best. They were efficient, polite, professional, inexpensive, and on time. Highly recommended. The crew was awesome.
- Soft Touch Moving & StorageI have trusted Soft Touch Moving to help with 2 moves and could not be happier with the service I recieved! Monica is awesome, very professional and personable, and her crew is nice and does the job quickly and with care. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to move.
- Soft Touch Moving & Storage CoTheir team showed up on time and were very careful with my cherished crystal tiger collection. All of the boxes made it to there designated rooms unharmed. Definitely will use them again if needed!
- Soft Touch Moving & Storage CoThe move went very smoothly from beginning to end. I had some trouble packing some of my lamp, and the Soft Touch team jumped in and took care of that for me, no questions asked. Move was completed in time, the movers were courteous and Items were well cared for. I would highly recommend Soft Touch Moving
- Soft Touch Moving & Storage CoIt went very well. No problems. All items were moved on time and as promised. The office and moving staff were all very polite and attentive to our needs.
- Leaders Moving & Storage Co of IndianapolisA wonderful moving experience. Never thought I'd say that about a move, but that's just the truth. I was so concerned about all the potential horrors associated with movers, but it was just the opposite with them. First off, Archie and Will B were amazing. Those two guys alone handled my move from a 4 bedroom ranch to a 2-bedroom two-story. They were extremely professional - called ahead in route; arrived on time; friendly yet businesslike - not overly chatty; and were respectful of my privacy (didn't parade my things out the front door); worked steadily together throughout the day; treated my valuables better than I would; and most importantly, they were patient and worked around me while I was still packing! I should also mention that setting up the move also went smoothly: Over the phone, I referred the gentleman (can't recall his name) to the realtor.com pictures of my home; and we used that to move quickly through the inventory. That made it very quick and easy. He was then able to give me a quote, based on inventory and not time (which was a huge relief). He sent me the detailed quote and on day of, when Archie did the walk through, that number didn't magically change ( I actually asked them to do some packing of things I had previously planned to do myself, and that was seamlessly added). Overall, great experience. I'm thankful I went with them instead of another company I had considered on Angie's List with a high number of reviews. No question who I'm using on my next move. :
- Leaders Moving & Storage Co of IndianapolisI dealt with Grace when I originally called. As she spoke with me I did a walking inventory of what I would be moving. She was patient and informative. She emailed me a list of everything and exactly what the cost would be to move it. I was able to call back and update what I would be moving, which changed the charges accordingly. It was all very well handled. It was rainy on the day they moved me, and it was obvious that they were experienced movers. Tyler and Jordan put runners down and were careful to keep my items and floors safe and clean. They even helped reassemble my furniture. Nothing was damaged in the move. They did excellent work
- Emerys Movers LLCInitially, I set everything up with the owner, Daphne and she was very helpful. Two men were sent with an appropriately sized truck for my move. They were both polite, professional and did an overall great job! I haven't unpacked everything yet but as far as I can tell, nothing has been damaged, despite it being a 2 hour drive between locations. I would definitely use Emerys again
- Sherman Moving & Storage Company IncI can't say enough positive things about Sherman Moving and Storage! Our family needed two trucks to move from our home to both a temporary residence as well as moving the majority of our items an hour-and a half away to their long-term storage. The three movers showed up during the agreed time and worked NON-STOP for 5 hours to complete the move. Our items were treated with care and the movers were extremely considerate and helpful as we made this transition to the Indianapolis area. Pricing was extremely competitive and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company for your next move. Thank you, Sherman
- Sherman Moving & Storage Company IncI went well, they were on time and the crew worked quickly and efficiently and took good care of our belongings
Movers in Bloomington
- Business Description:Indiana's premier mover since 1932. The Sherman family has been owned and operated Sherman Moving & Storage for almost 4 generations in the Indianapolis area. Why is Sherman Moving the best mover in Indianapolis? Because we take great pride in providing top notch moving services. We work on over 1000 Indianapolis moving jobs every year. We do not use temporary help or part time people. All of our employees are full time workers. All employees are must pass a criminal background check. All emp..
- Business Description:Family owned Moving and Storage business that has received the Angie's List Super Service Award the last 18 years in a row! We only service the state of Indiana and are located in the downtown Indianapolis area
- Business Description:PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE! Flat Rate Movers offers Professional and Affordable Local and Long Distance moving services. No hidden fees, no gimmicks. Just moving! We offer flat-rate pricing- give us a call today to discuss your options. We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction, and will work with you to ensure your expectations are being met. We offer an All-Inclusive In-State Move Special for only $3,530-no limits on time or mileage! We also offer Housecleaning services inclu..Recent Review:Excellent customer service. I was able to relax and let them do all the work. They really help me have an enjoyable moving experience. I highly recommend Flatrate Movers and would definitely use them again!Kim L.
- Business Description:Soft Touch Moving is a full-service moving company for residential and commercial clients moving both locally and long distance. Whether you’re relocating your business, moving across town, or going across the country — we are here to help! No job is too big or too small for our professional moving crews. We provide free estimates as well as offer a full line of packing supplies and boxes.
- Business Description:Kentuckiana Moving & Storage is a professional Local & Long Distance Moving moving company. Providing highly skilled & trained professional movers for an affordable price. Just sit back and relax, our movers got this! With over 600+ 5-Star reviews on all affiliated websites, we have the right to call ourselves the #1 movers in southern indiana with a top 5 RANKING IN THE LOUISVILLE AREA. What is provided with our full-Service moving company is a fully Equipped 26' box truck. If you need two, ..Recent Review:It went very well. Ray and Jeremy did an excellent job. It was late in the day and they had already completed a full move previously. They very efficiently unloaded everything for us in the same amount of time three guys had loaded the truck in California. Jonathan was very accommodating in working with us, especially considering an uncertain schedule for the truck to be delivered (separate company), and with rain coming in. Great work and much appreciatedTheresa B.
- Business Description:Delivery Service Moving Services and Courier ServiceRecent Review:They got everything done. I had no complaints or arguments. Non of the furniture has been damaged. They went out of their way for me. I called them last second and they responded very quickly. They handled the business and they got it done. I feel that I can judge what is good service and what is bad. Overall they were professional. They guys can handle the weight of the furniture. Their mannerisms and verbal language were goodKareem H.
- Business Description:LOWEST COMPETITIVE RATES! We have the best competitive rates around. We can answer all of your pricing questions & concerns. LET THE EXPERTS HELP YOU WITH YOUR NEXT MOVE! Homes, Offices and Large item moving, we've done it all. For over 37 years we have been your trusted moving company. With two Midwest locations in Granger, Indiana and Indianapolis, IndianaRecent Review:Excellent!! I can’t say enough good things about these men. They worked under terrible heat and humidity, never stopping. I was amazed at how quickly they loaded my two storage units. I would hire them again I’m a heartbeat! Thank you all for your getting me moved.Pamela H.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
Deals in Bloomington for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
Find moving companies in
moving companies in Bloomington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Better Way Moving & Storage IncPO Box 601
Clear Creek, Indiana
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- AMBASSADORS MOVING & SHIPPING12325 Acadamy Rd.
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A Better Way Moving & Storage Inc
- B-Town Maintenance and Renovation1420 S Walnut
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- BeeMoved3045 N Pennsylvania St
- Begleys Billiards10853 E 52nd St
- Bellhops263 Varsity Lane
- Best Twins Movers Bloomington427 E Allen St
- Big Boy's Moving LLCP.O.Box 1174
- Biggs Moving LLCPO Box 1111
- BRITTS PROFESSIONAL PACKING & MOVING6481 WINONA DR
- Budget Truck Rental LLC912 S Walnut St
- B-Town Maintenance and Renovation
- Guyer The Mover Inc1050 Industrial Pkwy
- Guyer The Mover Inc
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Master Movers LLC2130 Winter Ave
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Mike's Moving Labor Services3033 Keyes Ct
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Movers On Hand6855 HAMILTON MIDDLETOWN RD
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Moving You Forward, LLC1607 South 11 1/2 St
Terre Haute, Indiana
- My Movers Inc8070 Castleton Rd
- Mansion Movers
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC
- Rusch Tutoring115 E 16th St
- Rusch Tutoring
- TNT Furniture Movers1411 S Hawthorne Ave
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- TNT Furniture Movers
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics