Durham Plumbing Services

Founded 2008 • With Angi since February 2013

2508 East Club Blvd

Durham, NC 27704

Durham Plumber available for all your plumbing needs. Plumbing in Durham but serving all surrounding areas. Plumbing Durham and surrounding area Residential and Commercial Businesses. Plumbing Contractor Available for any Durham Plumbing need.

02/16/2019

Robert J.

Excellent work. Responsive. Dependable. Went the extra mile.

Description of Work
outdoor spigot installation and repair; tolilet repair

04/22/2017

Shawn M.

I am beyond thankful for Michael and his partner at Durham Plumbing Services!! They replaced and hauled away our 17 year old water heater!! The new water heater is working BEAUTIFULLY!! The price was good, work done within a few days (we didn't have an emergency requiring immediate attention), arrived at the time scheduled, and they were friendly and respectful. We will absolutely contact Michael again with future plumbing needs!!

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

Category water heater repair

03/17/2016

PHIL P.

They were efficient and helpful, explained what and why they were doing, and had advice on how to proceed. As new residents in North Carolina we feel fortunate to find a professional service that appreciates our business.

Description of Work
Replubmbed a drain so water softener drains into the trap instead of the garage utility sink, as Culligan had done upon initial installation (they suggested this on a previous visit, when they unclogged a beeswax filled drain). They checked plumbing under the house for leaks or other issues, then checked the drainage to the septic and found the septic was not functioning properly.

Category plumbing, water softeners, water delivery, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

12/30/2015

VICTOR L.

I called Michael Clough of Durham Plumbing Services on Monday December 28 with non-emergency request for repair or replacement of leaking faucet. He gave a window of 8:00 Am to 10:am on Wednesday December 30. At around 8:15 on the appointed day I got a call from Kevin who told me he would arrive shortly. He and his assistant arrived in about 20 minutes. Kevin explained the various options of repair or replacement, and I opted for repair, which was done competently and well. The whole thing took less than an hour, I paid by credit card, received an email receipt immediately. I asked advice about replacing a lavatory faucet, and was advised of the specs of the faucet I would need, I will go to Lowes and buy a faucet and will call Durham Plumbing Services to install after the new year. I was very pleased with the timely and professional service.

Description of Work
Repaired leaking tub/shower faucet, gave advice on replacing lavatory faucet.

11/10/2015

Joan O.

Prompt, courteous and efficient. In and out in a few hours! Their pricing of $1,350 was very fair, other quotes were for $1,850 -2,200. Thank you Durham Plumbing-I made a wise choice.

07/22/2015

Kerstin S.

7/8 No response from this company to my AL message or to the phone number I left after 2 weeks. 8/14 UPDATE Got a referral from a friend and I called to make an appointment, not realizing this was the same company who had not responded to my online message through AL. Michael came out as promised within 2 days of my phone call. Was accompanied by an assistant. Talked about options. Gave me a price. Asked questions and gave clear answers to my questions. He was extremely nice and professional and I hope to have this work done by him within the month after some special order components have arrived. Will update again. I suspect the snag that led to my previous review about lack of response may be a shortcoming with the AL message system and not with this particular service provider. I suggest calling directly to avoid that possibility.

Description of Work
7/8 Did not respond to a request for an estimate sent along with contact info in a message on Angie's List website. 8/14 UPDATE Called Michael after being referred by a friend -- not realizing he was the same guy who had not responded here -- he came out to look at my remodel job within 2 days and gave me a quote.

07/21/2015

Crystal U.

Michael never ended up working for us, so I cannot attest to the quality of his workmanship. I spoke with Michael regarding several repairs that I wanted done to our plumbing. We had received an inspection report for the house we had just moved into. At first Michael only wanted to look at the report and generate an estimate. I told him I would prefer he actually come to the house and see the issues first hand. He agreed and we set a date and time of 7/14 from 9am-11am. On the day of, Michael never showed or called. At 11:15 I called and left a message, and my husband left a second message. We conveyed our hopes that all was well with him, but that I had taken half a day of unpaid time off to meet him. Michael called back 30 minutes later saying that he had thrown out his back and had not wanted to call me at 5am to let me know. He indicated that he had gone back to sleep and was just waking up. I did tell him I was sorry to hear of his injury, although I would have appreciated him setting an alarm or something in order to notify me so that I would not have missed work. Michael seemed to understand this and said that he would "compensate" me for my lost money and that he would come out to the house at any time to provide the estimate. We agreed that he would come to the house on 7/16 between 5:30pm and 8pm. I was very specific about his needing to arrive before 8pm as we have a baby who goes to sleep at 8. He said that he was "making a note" about our baby and the time and that he would see me on the 16th. Michael never showed up on the 16th. At 8:15pm I called him. He answered and said that he was finishing up a job in Hope Valley and would be at my place afterwards. I told him to just go home. He immediately said okay. I was admittedly off-put by this response as he offered no apology. I told him that I was upset as this was the second time he had not notified me of a delay and I reminded him that he had promised to arrive at my house before 8pm. He proceeded to to tell me that I had never given him an end time to the time frame and that he did not know about the baby's bedtime. I reminded him that he had "made a note" about my request and said it would not be a problem. Michael insisted he did not know and offered no further apology or even a desire to do a job that others have estimated at over $2K. I wish Michael luck, and do hope his back is healing, but I will not be referring him to any friends, as he does not seem the least bit interested in new clientele.

Description of Work
Micheal was enlisted to provide an estimate on several plumbing issues in our house.

05/01/2015

Jill U.

I am delighted with my experience with Michael Clough and Durham Plumbing Services. I began calling plumbers yesterday morning in a bit of a panic after finding water leaking from my 15-year-old water heater onto the floor of my outdoor utility closet. I called several plumbing services and spoke with their receptionists, all who were courteous but unable to assist me. Michael answered his own phone right away and was immediately able to 1) calmly and respectfully triage my situation (as a single woman managing my own home, I have found that some service persons address me with condescension) and 2) based on the information he gathered, reassure me that my home would not be damaged before he could get there - and explained precisely why he thought so. This small moment of kindness and compassion for my situation meant the world to me at that moment. He told me he would immediately set about finding a replacement heater, and called me back within 15 minutes to let me know he'd secured the replacement, to discuss pricing and payment options (he explained the pricing structure and encouraged me to call around to other plumbers to be certain I felt confident he was giving me the best price) and to let me know when he could be available to install it. Michael arrived with his pleasant and hard-working team of two within the time frame he indicated. The team stayed with the job for the full 2.5 hours it took to install - through a raging thunderstorm - to get the work done with care and precision. All was done with unflagging courtesy and good humor, despite the weather and the challenge of the task at hand. I cannot recommend Michael highly enough and am looking forward to having him back to perform other plumbing tasks on my list. Michael will certainly be getting a social media shout-out from this happy homeowner!

Description of Work
Replaced leaking hot water heater.

01/31/2015

Tim W.

After getting estimates from several different companies I used Durham Plumbing Services. They were cheaper than their competitors but the quality of their service was excellent. When I called them to get the estimate I was in the process of leaving a message when Michael called me back. He was able to get a tech, Kevin. to my house within 90 minutes. The work was professionally done to my satisfaction. He even gave me some info on other ways to save some money. I will use them again in the future for sure.

Description of Work
Fixed a shower that wasn't always hot.

06/11/2014

Robert C.

went excellent, great service

Description of Work
repair bathtub drain in slab

06/04/2014

Oak R.

Michael at Durham Plumbing Services saved the day. The previous plumber had botched the job then proceeded to cancel the contract leaving us without a shower, kitchen sink and no dishwasher installed. Michael came out the same day we called, gave us an estimate for the work and came back the next day on time and even stayed late to get the job done. The final price was a tiny bit more than the initial quote due to me not having the dishwasher install kit already purchased, but he only charged us extra for the kit. After a week there are no leaks, no issues with anything and we really appreciate a job well done. Thanks!

Description of Work
Installed kitchen sink, redid all the plumbing under the kitchen sink, installed the dishwasher, fixed a previous plumber's hack job on the shower faucet.

05/25/2014

sandra P.

Came on time. Worked very fast No problems.

Description of Work
Put in new kitchen faucet

05/03/2014

Scott L.

Took a bit to diagnose the heater leak, which meant cutting some holes in interior drywall to check for leaks around related pipes. Once diagnosed, the heater went in fairly quickly.

Description of Work
Diagnosed a leaking water heater, and then replaced the heater.

05/02/2014

Paul J.

It was very satisfactory as I recall. I'm fairly mutual. I don't have anything really negative to report but it was just a pretty routine transaction.

Description of Work
I used the services of Durham Plumbing Services. They replaced our toilet.

01/14/2014

MATTHEW C.

We called for service yesterday and got an appointment today. Kevin and Mark came by to do the work. They were very professional and kept me informed of what they were doing and finding. They fixed the problem and cleaned up after they did their work. I've used other local plumbers and these guys were way better than the others.

Description of Work
Garage ceiling had a leak. Washer drain was not properly sealed, causing water to leak through the drain pan into the ceiling.

12/17/2013

Robert S.

We had an unexpected problem with a shower hot water faucet that we couldn't close. A call to Michael resulted in him coming in less than an hour and quickly making the repair, plus fixing some other issues and advising us on a drain line that will need some work. The work was quick and professional, he provided us with the information that we needed, the cost for the service was very reasonable, and we will definitely use him for the drain in the near future.

Description of Work
repaired shower faucets, cleaned lavatory drain, evaluated other plumbing issues

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

12/15/2013

Thomas H.

Everything about my interactions with DPS and the services they provided were five stars. They went above and beyond what I expected. Quality all the way.

12/09/2013

Sara C.

Great. It's always a little scary (pricewise) when you have to have the plumber come on a weekend!

Description of Work
Kitchen sink/disposer stopped up -- after dinner on a Saturday night! Called Michael who said he could come that evening or the next day Sunday. Sunday was fine with us. Fixed it quickly and didn't charge us as much as we had thought he would. He is a very nice person to deal with and we will use him and his company again.

10/20/2013

Deborah N.

It was great. They told me everything they were doing. They did the job for the estimate they gave me and were here for quite a long time. They had to crawl under the entire house to get to the job and were professional every step of the way.

Description of Work
they repaired the kitchen faucet low water pressure problem and replaced the old cast iron pipes under the kitchen sink and floor with new plumbing

10/14/2013

Phyllis A.

I always try to get referrals from friends and neighbors. I actually got Mike's name from a friend but always use Angie as back-up. I was pleased to see that he was also represented here as well. We are very pleased at his responsiveness. We didn't have an emergency but appreciated the fact that he came the same day that we called. GREAT service and customer focused attitude. We will definitely recommend him to others and use him in the future.

Description of Work
Helped with water pressure in kitchen faucet, leaky toilet, master tub.

09/17/2013

Barbara H.

Michael turned out to be a very honest and trustworthy gentleman. He doesn't "up-sell" by recommending or doing unecessary repairs and replacements but instead suggests how to save money even if it means waiting awhile to replace something down the road, etc. He doesn't use the cheaper brand replacement parts that break down in a short time to generate business. He seems to care about building and maintaining an honerable reputation. He gave me a discount as a first time customer. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken fill valve and adjusted it to be more water-saving. Plus he adjusted the handle on another and checked a third.

09/17/2013

Vivian W.

At about 3pm on Saturday, I received a call from the family at a rental property indicating that both toilets in the house were backed up and unable to flush and drain. There was urgency in finding a plumber who could come out on a Saturday evening to find out and fix the problem, because leaving the family without a toilet to use for more than a few hours would have been a major inconvenience to them. Michael of Durham Plumbing Service answered the phone on my first call and indicated that someone would be able to come out to take a look. He indicated that the cost would be $200, but that this cost could be deducted from the final cost of the repair. Because he said he would be able to have someone come out within 30 minutes, I decided to choose Durham Plumbing Service over another company that was going to take longer to come out. I went to the rental property early in order to meet the plumber and decided to take a look at the problem myself. The tenants had turned the water off to the toilet because the toilets had overflowed earlier. To make a long story short, a combination of serious plunging and various tests, it appeared that the toilets could flush and were usable. I then called Michael back. He was very helpful on the phone, offering his thoughts on what could or could not have been the cause of the original problem. And even though he had already sent one of the plumbers, who was already en route and almost there, to meet me at the house, he was ok with calling off the service and telling the plumber that I no longer needed the service. So whereas Michael could have very well charged me the $200 for coming out, he did not. He informed me about pricing for coming out during the weekday if any future problems arose. I truly appreciated his responsiveness and professionalism. I can't vouch right now for the quality of their work, or the ultimate pricing compared to other companies, but I can say that I do plan on calling Durham Plumbing Service in the future if other plumbing issues arise.

Description of Work
Michael, at Durham Plumbing Service, was one of the few plumbing companies that I could reach over the weekend. Out of He answered on my first call attempt and explained pricing to come on out to take a look at a plumbing emergency that I had and was able to arrange for someone to come out to evaluate the problem within 30 minutes.

06/17/2013

Dabney H.

I originally called because I had bought a new washer and dryer and the delivery people didn't want to leave them because I did not have the correct hook-up in place. After calling another plumber who never showed for the appointment, I emailed Durham Plumbing and received a response almost immediately. We were able to schedule a time for him to come and look at the situation in my basement. He came and said that the hook-up was up to code and the delivery people should have left the washer and dryer. He did suggest some possible changes in the pipes, in order to make the washer work more effectively, but he stressed that this was not necessary and did not have to be done. He offered to come back and hook it up after they returned with the new appliances. I authorized the changes that he had suggested and he returned after the washer had arrived. However, when he realized that I now had a pedestal for the new washer, he said that the changes didn't need to happen at all. He hooked up the washer, and didn't charge me anything. ... I very much appreciated his knowledge, professionalism, and punctuality. He ALWAYS came exactly when he said that he would. I was impressed and will certainly call this company in the future.

Description of Work
Durham Plumbing Services hooked up my new washer.

06/01/2013

JIM N.

Great job! I called them mid-day and explained my problem and that I had out-of-town guests coming in that evening. They came that same afternoon, quickly repaired the problem, cleaned up and departed....just as the guests drove in from Florida! Simply outstanding service; I will DEFINITELY make them my preferred plumbing service. Just to place an exclamation mark on their service; their service staff was busy and the owner came and did the repair himself! Wow!

Description of Work
Repaired leaking faucet in kitchen

05/13/2013

Nancy L.

Durham Plumbing Company was prompt, efficient, professional, friendly, communicative, conscientious, and competent. Their price was fair, and they gave a discount to us as Angie's List members. They spent the time necessary to complete the job we had discussed with them, even though it extended to 7 Pm, and also solved a related problem with a turn-off valve connected with the street water supply that they discovered, all in the same day. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We selected Durham Plumbing Services for their high rating on Angie's List and their location. We had two plumbing problems. My office had lost hot water, and we had problems with a toilet running at home and wanted to replace two toilets with a different model. Michael and his crew made an appointment promptly and came on time. They determined that my office water heater was leaking, found a new one, and installed it later in the same day, working until 7 pm to get it done. At home that same day, not only did they replace the two toilets we had identified, they also found that part of our issue was a problem with the water turn-off valve to the street and replaced that. Their attention to detail and to finding what was really going on, quickly and efficiently, was much appreciated.