Ram Jack Foundation Solutions

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2006

4.4

4122 Bennett Memorial Rd Ste 101

Durham, NC 27705

Ram Jack uses state-of-the-art technology to repair damaged foundations, concrete slabs, coastal homes built on pilings and basement walls. We hold patents on many of the products and processes used to deliver the most reliable systems on the market today. Only the highest quality components are

06/03/2021

Jamie D.

Sales person showed up and immediately said it was a moisture issue under my house. Sold me a dehumidifier and said he would add a Jack in the problem area while taking care of the liner under my house. The dehumidifier does nothing but raise my electric bill. Installation crew was great. Problem is still persisting a year later or close to it. Sales person and installation team came back and said they would add a pier under the house in another problem area in the adjacent living Room. Contacted sales person a few times and contacted office and they are understaffed and claim they can't get to me. I work in the service industry and I understand They are under staffed but as far as I'm concerned I am a customer and have been for close to a year I should have priority. I feel as if I've been forgotten my house continues to sink and the cracks getting bigger and the walls getting worse I hate to leave this review because the installation team was great and the sales person seemed honest but I'm at the end of my rope.

Description of Work
His kitchen wall was leaning and ceiling was cracking

10/04/2017

OLUMIDE O.

Great service provided by Chuck and Ram Jack.

Description of Work
Foundation repair work.

09/01/2017

Annette D.

It was great. It was a little pricey, but ok.

Description of Work
I had some beams installed under house crawlspace.

02/22/2017

John B.

the charged 55,000.00 and i still have the same problems

Description of Work
replace all the floor rafters and jacked the house

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

10/24/2016

William M.

After negotiating a schedule, the RamJack team started promptly and finished in three days. Their brickmason finished the job within a day. RamJack's quote included up to 20 feet of depth for each pier. The project required about 26 feet. To hedge against this, we scaled back the project from 11 piers to 9 piers. Other companies that we considered quoted a higher price and did not include brick masonry.

Description of Work
RamJack installed 9 helical piers to correct foundation problems that an engineering report found. As part of the project they arranged for a brick mason to fill cracks in our exterior brick.

Category masonry, foundation repair

10/12/2016

Candy D.

we were NEVER contacted by company. I do not make repeat attempts to contact a company, if the company does not follow thru on my initial request I move on.

Description of Work
needed quote

Category concrete repair

08/02/2016

Michael F.

I selected Ram Jack based on Angie's List reviews, the work they did for a neighbor, and the initial quote. I did a lot of research on their steel piers, and hired an independent structural engineer for an initial consultation. Ram Jack was happy to do the work based on the engineer's findings. The work crews showed up as scheduled, worked extremely hard, and did an outstanding job!!! My experience with the person who did the initial bid was very good. Communication was excellent!!! The work crews were efficient, cleaned up the area, and even provided us pictures of the work they did. Overall, a very positive experience. I would use them again in heartbeat!

Description of Work
Ram Jack replaced a rotted foundation band and part of the central girder. They also installed two floating girders to provide additional structural support for sagging floors, as well as nine piers.

07/24/2016

carrie F.

The gentleman was very honest and explained my house was fine structuraly and gave me a few ideas to try regarding concerns I had with sloping. Really appreciate professionalism and honesty.

Description of Work
I thought I needed my home ram jacked.

10/06/2015

Kenneth H.

Overall, I was highly satisfied with the job. I had gotten an estimate two years ago but hadn't done the work yet. They came out when promised, and I was amazed that they simply honored the two year old estimate. The crew that came out was on time and did the work and cleanup in a very professional manner. They had to go an extra 27 feet with each of the pilings, so the job was more costly than the estimate, but that was expected and the additional charges were warranted and clearly explained in the original estimate. The only problems with the job were in communication at the beginning to get scheduled for the work, and at the end of the job to get the final inspection from the county. Minor issues on leaving messages at the wrong phone number or not leaving messages about paperwork. The communications issues don't detract from the overall competent job.

Description of Work
Installed two piers to stabilize foundation of chimney.

07/28/2015

Alex F.

+1 for business integrity here. We called them out when the tile guys noticed a bit of a slope. After an interior inspection and walk-around, he told us that although he'd love to sell us some foundation work, the home really doesn't appear to need any, and that the slope is likely just due to seasonal movement and second-floor settling. "The house looks great for this neighborhood -- I'd leave it the way it is." Setting up the appointment was very easy, and the response time was quick and professional. The appointment was set less than one week out. He called the day prior to ask if it would be okay to shift our appointment back a couple of hours, and I had no problem with that. When he arrived shortly ahead of schedule, the door was ajar (due to tile workers) and the doorbell wasn't working, so he called my home number from the porch to say that he was here. He removed his boots at the door (possibly noticing that I wasn't wearing shoes in the home). He was courteous, professional, and took time to explain many of the settling and seasonal movement symptoms we were seeing. We were kind of expecting a big expense on the horizon, but we ended up paying nothing. We think that's pretty cool.

Description of Work
Foundation inspection.

06/07/2015

Mary C K.

We did not use Ram Jack. It is really important to hire an independent professional structural engineer before calling or agreeing to any foundation repair work. Your house may not need foundation repair.

Description of Work
Ram Jack gave a description of work to be done to address cracking and or settling. The contract indicated that the fee for a structural engineer was $300 and was included in the proposed price. However, the company rep. who came to the house was not a structural engineer. There was no discussion of a structural engineer coming to the house to make a site visit.

Category foundation repair

We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the breakdown in communication on our process. Our account representatives are the first to come to your home to perform a full evaluation of the property which includes a drawing of the home, taking pictures, and laser level reports when needed of the affected areas. From that information a structural engineer will form a design of repair and a proposal is given to the customer. Specifically in Chapel Hill once the proposal is accepted by the customer, the engineer will do a site visit to triple check all aspects of the home in person as well as be on site when the work is being completed. You are only charged the $300 engineering fee if you choose to keep the engineering report but not contract Ram Jack to perform the work.

05/21/2015

Vicki M.

They quoted us on everything that we wanted done and they were reasonably priced. They continue to support the project.

Description of Work
I used Ram Jack Foundation Solutions for foundation repair.

01/29/2015

ESTHER D.

They used helical piers to stabilize foundation settlement on the left corner of my garage. When they came back to see if there were any changes, they had these markers where they put the piers so that they can come back with the lasers to see if there have been any changes. They know their stuff.

Description of Work
They did foundation repair.

Category concrete repair, structural engineer, foundation repair

10/17/2014

Betty H.

Everything was fine. They did a great job. They completed the work in a very timely fashion.

Description of Work
They did some foundation work.

09/28/2014

Sally C.

The work was not performed to our satisfaction. The work crews were unsupervised and unprofessional (playing loud music, sleeping in their trucks, sitting around on our lawn chairs, hooking up a microwave to our exterior outlets and cooking food in our backyard, etc.). This could have been overlooked if the work was performed correctly and completely. Changes to the work were made by the field crew without our consent and without consultation with the Professional Engineer that designed the work plan. The company did not complete the work required in our contract and a field representative only acknowledged this when confronted with survey results showing the poor results. The company did not correct the work and wanted their warranty to cover the repairs if we paid the full contract amount. The company refused to credit our contract for the work not performed and harassed us for full payment. After 6 weeks they finally provided us with a revised invoice that only partially credited us for the work not performed. The communications between the Account Manager, Office Manager and Owner have been conflicting with different excuses and explanations for the poor work. The company would not accept a reasonable settlement of our dispute and will not provide a warranty for their work. The Office Manager continued to harass us for payment and refused to let us talk to the Owner. Instead, the Owner only writes rude and threatening emails. We have subsequently taken additional measures at our time and expense to survey, excavate, and photograph the work performed by Ram Jack to prove their work was not completed properly.

Description of Work
The company installed helical piers and leveling brackets to fix foundation settlement problems on our house.

Category foundation repair

On December 27, 2013 Mr and Mrs [removed name]contracted Ram Jack to perform foundation repair on their home in the amount of 16,000.00. We were unable to actually perform the repair until July 19, 2014, due to the [Removed name] scheduling conflicts. Mr. [Removed name]has contended that Ram Jack did not complete his installation. There were items that he opted not to have done and crossed off his contract. The remaining items on his contract were completed. He believes that one pier was not installed. That pier was installed but it was moved further down the garage wall to better support that area. The original design of repair had the pier being installed on the corner of the garage, but due to the way the garage foundation was constructed with the foundation of the house, that was not possible, and could have caused damage to their home. We also inadvertently installed an additional helical pier on the rear of the chimney which they had declined to pay to have installed. We did not attempt to charge them for this pier. There was one item on the contract that we were unable to fully complete, that was to bury the downspouts and to discharge them to the rear of the property. We were able to bury the downspouts, but due to the lay of the property we were not able to discharge it as we had intended. We deducted the whole amount listed on the contract for this repair from their balance, even though part of it was completed. The invoice provided to Mr. and Mrs. [Removed name]is correct, fair and confirmed by our installation logs. One of the primary issues we have had on this project is a lack of communication. The [removed name]’s are practically impossible to reach by phone and will eventually reply to an email. This is evident in the fact it took us 7 months from the time we received the contract until we could get a confirmed installation date with them. During the repairs we were to install supports to the flooring system as well. These were installed but in order to properly adjust them we have to have access to the inside of the home. We made multiple attempts to reach them to gain access but it took a week to be able to do that, because we could not reach them. This project should have taken about 3-4 days to complete, as it happened it took almost 3 weeks because they did not make themselves available for their repair. I believe this whole issue could have been avoided if they had been available on the planned installation dates. Everything was exposed for them to view and approve but they would not come out and inspect it. We have made many attempts to reach them both to understand what the issues were and see what we could do to address them. Mr. [Removed name] calls these attempts harassing, but I consider them following up. If a client has a concern we would like to be able to address them, but we cannot do so unless they will communicate those issues to us. On 7/31/14 Mr. [Removed name]asked for some specific items to be sent to him and at that time he would make payment for $4,000.00 of his remaining balance. These items were a revised invoice, a copy of the inspection approval from the city, the installation log, and the final Engineer’s letter stating that the repairs were done correctly. All of these items were provided to Mr. [Removed name]and he still refused to honor his contractual agreement with Ram Jack. He also requested his warranty, which we did not provide. Our warranty states that it is not valid until your project is paid in full. Mr. [Removed name]has not done so and will not be provided with that until that time. He was given a sample copy with his original contract for review. He has some concerns about the fact that we were not able to get 100% recovery on the areas we addressed. I have referred Mr. [Removed name]to the statement in his contract “Ram Jack uses the finest methods and materials in the industry to repair foundations. However, the ability to completely level or close cracks varies from site to site”. This means that we will do everything we can but we do not guarantee complete recovery. Our first goal is to stabilize the structure preventing any future settlement and the second is to get maximum practical recovery, meaning as much recovery as we can get without damaging the property. This is an industry standard. On 8/26/14 we sent Mr and Mrs [Removed name]another email to find out what we could do to assure them that the work had been done correctly. Mr. [Removed name]advised me not to contact Mrs. Couture and to deal with him directly. We attempted to reach Mr. [Removed name]and he called me back later that day. We went over all of his concerns and we told him that we thought the best way to make him feel comfortable with the installation was for us to come back and dig down to expose all of the work that we did on his home. He agreed that we were probably right and he would contact us back via email, by 5:30 that day. I (general manager) committed to him that when we came out to do this, that I would be there to review the findings with him. I did not hear back from him until 9/4/14. His response was that he knew it wasn’t done right and we didn’t need to come dig it up. At that point we started negotiating on a reduced price so that we could get this project closed out and try to satisfy Mr. [Removed name]in some way. We offered to settle for half the remaining balance which would have been $3,400.00 (keep in mind on 7/31/14 he advised he would make payment of $4,000.00 to us, as he felt that was what was owed for what he felt was completed). Mr. [Removed name]’s follow up email indicated he thought he would not have his warranty if we only accepted the 3400.00. I replied and verified that he would still have complete coverage of his warranty if he would accept this offer and make payment immediately. On 9/12/14 he then responded with a “final offer” of $2,000.00. We did not accept this offer. We maintain that accepting the 3400.00 and providing him with his warranty is more than fair and we will not accept anything lower. We feel at this time there is nothing further we can do to prove to Mr. [Removed name]that we have fulfilled our contractual obligations and have no further intent of negotiating with Mr. [Removed name]. Until his account balance is taken care of there is no warranty provided by Ram Jack on the installation we completed. I had hoped we would be able to settle this matter amicably, and feel confident that Ram Jack has made every attempt to do so.

08/07/2014

Susan M.

They're a very well-known name in the business. The only reason I didn't select them is that the other company was better priced. I felt like I would get comparable service from them. I really didn't have any problem in general with Ram Jack. It's more of a cost decision. The salesguy was perfectly fine. He's probably not as knowledgeable as the other guy. They had a higher initial price than what I had gotten from another company. The bid was in-line. The other company initially came in about $1000 less. They had estimates somewhere in the $5500 range.

Description of Work
I got a bid from Ram Jack Foundation Solutions. It was to put in steel pier.

Category concrete repair, mudjacking, foundation repair

07/10/2014

Glenda or Arthur W.

They were prompt and they were wonderful. He recommended someone who could do the job. I felt comfortable with him and we felt that he was very honest.

Description of Work
Ram Jack Foundation Solutions came out. They could not do what we wanted.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Thank you,

06/03/2014

WANDA H.

We decided the cost was too high so no work was done.

Description of Work
He provided a VERY thorough quote and explaination of work that an engineer suggested be done per the pictures and report provided him.

Thank you for your review. The Ram Jack Team

05/12/2014

James P.

RamJack provided a third party referral. The third party was engaged for the work.

Description of Work
I requested a quote for a bowed floor and received it quickly. Analysis revealed that my work was better done by a third party provider due to the nature of the problem. RamJack's integrity is appreciated.

Category foundation repair

[member name removed], We appreciate you contacting Ram Jack. We will be here if you ever need future assistance. Thank you, Ram Jack Team

10/11/2013

Lauree S.

Everything went very well. IT went very smooth. they got the work done when they said they would. It cost exactly what the estimate said it would be.

Description of Work
They fixed some cracks and foundation issues in our home due to the clay soil underneath.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the review, we thoroughly enjoyed working for you.

10/09/2013

sam B.

The RJ crew arrived at the designated time on the scheduled day. John, the crew leader, was very courteous and understood that they were supposed to install the first helical and then check with me before proceeding. The work progressed smoothly and in a few hours when the first helical had been installed I received a call from Mr. Sykes who told me that the first drill depth was less than 20 ft... so I opted for two additional helicals. When all three helicals had been installed an RJ production manager, Chris, arrived to coordinate/supervise the re-leveling. At about the same time an RJ sales manager, Chuck, also arrived. The re-leveling seemed to go smoothly; although it was a little difficult to follow the interaction between Chuck and the construction crew while also listening to Chuck. When I went into the crawl space to inspect the new helicals following the re-leveling, I discovered that the crew was beginning to lay the plastic sheeting without first removing any material on the crawlspace surface that could possibly puncture the plastic. When I told Chris and Chuck that I had previously discussed preparation of the crawlspace surface with Brad Sykes they immediately had the crew remove several buckets-full of debris and a few larger pieces of concrete or mortar before completing the installation of the plastic. RJ removed all construction debris from the property. No shrubs or bushes were damaged during the work. RJ performed the agreed upon work at the agreed upon price on the agreed upon schedule. In hind sight, I don?t really know how much of my interior cracking was due to foundation settling/moisture issues, or whether the RJ work was a good investment to avoid additional cracking in the future, but after approximately 6 months I have experienced no additional cracking.

Description of Work
A few relatively minor cracks had developed in the interior sheet-rock walls of my 25 year old, 2-story town home. I called RamJack (RJ) on referral from a previous customer who had hired them to deal with similar issues. The RJ customer service representative was courteous and we made an appointment for a sales representative, Brad Sykes, to look at my issues a few days later. Mr. Sykes arrived for the appointment on time. He looked at and photographed the cracks, and marked the locations on a schematic drawing of the floor plan of the house. He also examined and photographed the three original concrete block foundation piers, foundation walls, and crawlspace surface, and marked the locations of the piers on the drawing. Mr. Sykes said that he would need to have an RJ engineer examine the photos and drawing before the company would give me an official opinion on the cause of my cracks or propose a solution but he thought the cracking was probably due to settling of the three original concrete block piers over time, possibly compounded by fluctuations in the moisture content of the soil. Mr. Sykes presented sales literature on two types of remediation services that RJ might propose to address settling and crawlspace moisture. To address settling they could propose two options: (1) replace the existing piers with steel helical (corkscrew) piers equipped with adjustable re-leveling brackets or (2) remove the top row of blocks from the existing piers and insert stand-alone adjustable re-leveling brackets. In both options the house would be re-leveled using the brackets. The first option would come with a Life of Structure Warranty while the second would come with only a 1-year no-cost readjustment period. To address moisture they could propose either: (1) complete “encapsulation” of the crawlspace with a two-layer moisture barrier and drainage system or (2) installation of a simple plastic-sheeting moisture barrier. Two days later I received a proposal containing prices for the two re-leveling and two moisture barrier options. I had a misgiving about the re-leveling part of the proposal because it did not contain a fixed or maximum price for the option where RJ would replace the three piers with steel helicals. Instead of a fixed or maximum price, the proposal stated a base price per pier ($1,100) with an adder of $25/ft for each ft of helical material used in excess of 20 ft per pier. In contrast, the proposal stated a fixed price per pier ($800) for the option where they would install the adjustable re-leveling brackets on top of the existing piers. Mr. Sykes and I discussed the pricing issue and he agreed to send me a revised proposal where RJ would install one helical pier at the base price (with the $25/ft adder for each ft of material in excess of 20 ft) and once the drill depth of the first pier was known I could then opt for them to install either 2 more helicals or 2 of the less expensive brackets on the remaining two piers. I accepted the revised proposal. I decided on the $500 plastic-sheeting rather than the far more expensive (~$3,700) encapsulation and drainage system. RJ required a 50% down payment upon acceptance of the proposal and the remainder upon completion of the work. The work was scheduled within a few days following RJ’s receipt of the down payment. I did not obtain a quote from any other company for cost or quality comparison.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the thorough review. This truly helps future customers see and understand our process. Glad to see all went well and that your concerns were addressed in a timely manner. Thank you for your business, it was a pleasure to work for you.

10/07/2013

Helen R.

Once I called for an evaluation, Ram Jack responded promptly with a thank you email confirming the appointment and what to expect. I received the emailed quote in four days, on August 19th, which I feel was a reasonable response time.

Description of Work
Provided a quote

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the feedback. It was our pleasure to work with you.

09/30/2013

Teresa W.

They never came out to see what work needed to be done.

Description of Work
He called on the morning he was suppose to come and look at my stairs and said he didn't think he could help me and gave me the name of a cement repair co to call and have him look at my stairs. I called him said he would be out the next day to look at them he did not show. I called him left a message and he never called me back.

Category foundation repair

Due to the description of the problem our foundation consultant assessed that our repair method would be more than necessary and far more expensive than the alternative method. Calling the morning of the scheduled appointment is unacceptable and he should have given the homeowner more notice. We apologize for his inconsiderate delay in communicating with the homeowner. He did however, recommend a reputable sub contractor for the homeowner to contact. Had the homeowner contacted us to make us aware that she could not reach the recommended sub-contractor, we would have gladly reached out to him for her or recommended another company.

07/22/2013

Glenn P.

Installation was slightly delayed due the weather but once started it was completed in two days with installation of 11 piers.

Description of Work
Installed helical piers across back side of house

Category foundation repair

[member name removed], we appreciate your business and the positive feedback. Glad the rain slowed down so we could complete the work!

06/18/2013

Susan U.

There was apparently some confusion as to the scheduling of the service. We had requested that the work be scheduled so that it would be completed by 3:00 - when we could come home early from work, inspect the repairs, sign off on them, and pay them. We really didn't want to listen to all the banging while the repairs were being done. Instead, the workers showed up at 3:00 to begin work. They were efficient, professional, and competent. The supervisor visited repeatedly during the repairs, and they were completed in around 2 hours. They removed the accumulated junk from under the house and hauled it away. The cracks in the house did indeed close up - dramatically. The floor squeaking also lessened quite noticeably. The final bill did not exceed the estimate. Overall, we were quite impressed with the repairs, and would recommend them to anyone needing foundation repairs. They did not try to prey on our obvious anxiety about the cracks and suggest unneeded repair procedures. Our only quibble was with the scheduling snafu - these are noisy repairs.

Description of Work
We had noticed cracks widening along the wall/ceiling joints in several rooms. Ram Jack had previously performed foundation repairs at our house, so we called them again. They performed a thorough inspection and recommended adding a support piling under the house, reinforcing the existing support pilings, and then covering the crawl space with a moisture barrier to lessen ground shifting under the house. They provided a detailed estimate and description of the procedure, and assured us that this would close the cracks. We agreed to the quoted price.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for the review and the kind words about the work ethic of our team. Our crews work very hard and they are always excited when customer's notice and comment on a job well done. Yes, the installation process can be loud, and we apologize for the mix up on scheduling. Enjoy your quiet floors and thank you for your business!