Gonzalez Painters & Contractors INC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2006

Gonzalez Painters & Contractors, Inc. (GPC) is a full-service on Roof Replacement/Repairs, Interior/Exterior Residential/Commercial painting company serving the Greater Triangle Area since 2000. We are committed to providing quality work at a fair price. We believe in doing quality work that meets or exceeds your expectations at a fair price. We believe in being on-time and on-schedule. We believe that the cornerstone to a good working relationship is good communication – therefore, every job has a dedicated Project Manager to ensure the quality of the work, to answer any questions you may have, and to keep you apprised of the schedule. We believe in taking care of our workers health and safety. And we believe that a good reputation is built one happy customer at a time. Award wining. Please visit our website at fgpainting.com...

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+18 more images

house painting (447)interior painting (256)pressure washing (127)roofing (68)drywall (67)deck cleaning (57)general contractors (40)gutter repair (38)siding companies (36)decks & porches (29)wallpaper removal (24)closet design (4)

09/15/2022

Learnetta S.

Communication was great from beginning to the end Workers were nice and arrived promptly Issues and concerns were addressed and handled promptly

Description of Work
Exterior painting:

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2022

09/08/2022

Jean H.

I am extremely pleased with the work. I especially liked that they took the kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts to their shop to paint. The only painting done in my home was the cabinet frames. Even with sanding, priming and two coats of paint, they finished in a day. Other than having a new paint color, there was no evidence they were here - left the space immaculate!

Description of Work
Painted kitchen cabinets.

Work Completed On 09/08/2022

08/26/2022

Nancy W.

I replaced the siding and trim on my home, and Gonzalez Painters & Contractors did an outstanding job. I have received a ton of compliments on the work they did and how my house looks. Everyone I came into contact with from the company was helpful and extremely nice.

Description of Work
Siding and trim replacement, painting

Category gutter repair, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/17/2022

08/24/2022

Daniel M.

They were very professional. They were very respectful of our belongings and to take great care in protecting all the floors and furniture during the painting process. They assisted in moving furniture to accomplish the task. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They painted the interior walls, ceilings, doors and molding in the entire house. 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, living room, kitchen, family room and loft.

Work Completed On 08/24/2022

08/16/2022

Sally B.

Thank you, Jeffry, for the outstanding job you and your crew did painting the exterior of our modern house which involved re-coating cedar siding as well as painting both steel and wood trim. I was "sold" when I saw the detailed and extensive prep work you did before picking up a paint brush or roller! We have very high standards, and you met them! You, personally, were attentive, patient, responsive, and beyond professional, and your crew, likewise. It was a pleasure working with you from our initial meeting through the punch list and final walk through! You have our highest regards and recommendation!

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/15/2022

08/15/2022

Beth M.

We were very pleased with the quality of the work and the responsiveness of the team. They always arrived in a timely manner and ensured that the work exceeded our expectations. We would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Exterior house and deck painting.

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 08/14/2022

08/06/2022

Gerald B.

We just had Gonzalez Painters & Contractors paint some rooms and ceilings in our home. The sales rep (Fernando) was so understanding of what we wanted and provided a very timely, and reasonable, estimate. Even though this was a small (day and a half) job a project manager (Edil) was assigned and proved very helpful in color selection. The crew was so polite and careful. The owner even stopped by to make sure all was going well. We couldn't be happier with the final job, and will definitely use Gonzalez in the future.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 08/01/2022

07/28/2022

Ken D.

They did a wonderful job painting the exterior of my house and staining the deck. They were on time every day and did exactly what they said they would do in a timely fashion. I was very impressed with their professionalism and attention to all the details of the job. It's obvious they take a lot of pride in their work. I would hire them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting and Deck Staining

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/28/2022

Review for Gonzalez Painters & Contractors INC - 4301 Bennett Memorial Rd, Durham, NC - 39815650

07/24/2022

Gavin P.

They were amazing. No detail was missed. They worked long days and got the job done on time. And they have top notch quality. I’d hire them for every paint job I have.

Description of Work
Exterior paint

Category house painters

Work Completed On 07/23/2022

07/22/2022

Ron A.

We were extremely happy with the Gonzalez team. They were friendly, professional and very good painters. We will use them in the future for our painting needs.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

07/12/2022

Nancy C.

The Gonzalez Painters’ crew did an excellent job painting nine rooms in my home. They arrived promptly, worked all day and completed the project in 3 days. Their work was meticulous including cleaning up after the job was finished. They were very accommodating to my requests during the project. I highly recommend the company for their professionalism, their attention to detail and the quality of their work at a very reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 07/12/2022

07/09/2022

Steve S.

We contracted with Gonzalez Painters to paint about 3/4 of our 4,000 square foot house. Our family room has 20’ high ceilings which presented a challenge. had good recommendations on Angi’s list and our neighbor was pleased with their work. We were mostly satisfied with their work. Pro’s: Their prices was significantly lower than the other bids for the project. The estimation process was very good. They send an estimator who arrived on time, was friendly and did a thorough job on the estimate. It was sent through an electronic tool for acceptance or modification. We later added an extra room which was no problem adding to the estimate. We clarified the work and then accepted. We were satisfied with the quality of the paint job. Lines between different paint were straight without bleed (ceiling and walls, accents to base coat, trim and base coat). The painters were fast and neat. There was little damage to our wood floors. They were helpful in removing fixtures from the wall and then re-installing them. Extra nice was reinstalling a 100+lbs mirror on the staircase until they got it exactly right. There was a broken top had light in the bathroom that broke when reinstalling it and they replaced both the light and the matching top hat light as well. There was no problem asking them to come back to address things we discovered that were missed and they spent a half day addressing these things. Con’s: The extra room add on was more expensive than I expected and we were charged slightly more than the estimated price for additional colors even though it was specified in the estimate. My only real negative was that the trim on our atrium windows 20’ by 17’ in the rear and a very large atrium window in the front were not painted. It was difficult to tell because the color was the same. This left me wondering what else might have been missed. When pointed out, there was no problem in getting them to come back and paint them.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

07/06/2022

Tommy W.

Would 10/10 hire again. Professional, well done.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category closet systems, drywall, plastering, wallpaper removal, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/06/2022

07/04/2022

Leslie D.

We first used Gonzalez Painters & Contractors in 2012 to paint the exterior of our home, which included some carpentry work for repairs. It was a great experience, so we had them come back in June 2022 for the same. They power washed our home; replaced rotted wood in a number of places both big and small, then scraped, primed, and painted the home. They also replaced our gutters. They were terrific. Extremely prompt in all communications, provided regular updates in person as well as text and email. Pleasant and professional, and quality work. They were great!

Description of Work
Exterior painting, carpentry for exterior repairs, new gutter installation

Category contractors, gutter repair, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/23/2022

07/03/2022

Velma C.

Great work! Purchased a house and only had three days to find a painter before my furniture arrived. They were prompt with an estimate, assigning a project manager and started painting the next day. The paint quality was excellent as well as the customer service. I strongly recommend their work!

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

06/22/2022

Travis B.

10/10 experience with Gonzalez. Edward, Victor, and team repainted our entire interior - every wall, ceiling, door, trim. They were super thorough and meticulous and professional throughout. Would not hesitate to use the same crew for any work in the future.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 06/18/2022

06/14/2022

Wendy D.

Gonzalez Painters did an amazing job painting the walls and trim in our new house before we moved in. We would definitely recommend them and will use them again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

06/10/2022

John B.

I am very happy with the job Gonzalez Painters did on my house. I can tell that this team has painted a lot of houses together. The entire process from pressure washing to the final clean up was done in a highly professional manner. I discovered two additional repairs that were needed so I contacted Esteban who was my contact throughout the work. He quickly came back with very reasonable estimates and the additional work was done without delaying the job. I liked that they used a higher grade of paint than others used in their estimates and really appreciated the helpful suggestions on the best way to repair rotten door frames and trim near the ground. They also used better and more expensive vinyl molding for their repairs. All in all, I would recommend this company without any reservations.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of a large house

Category house cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 06/10/2022

06/03/2022

Robert C.

Fantastic, 5th time I have used them. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roofing , gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/03/2022

05/18/2022

Jeanel N.

Professional job and willing to listen to owners input on painting needs. Quick response, good communication and getting back with estimate timely. Workers showed up on time and were very helpful to complete painting to the owner's expectations. Will use again when I have additional painting needs.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

05/10/2022

Richard C.

Just a wonderful experience from initial project review (very thorough and clear proposal) to preparation for the project to execution. Project mgt contact was excellent - very organized and excellent/timely communication. Work crew was friendly and delivered high quality work...and no mess left behind. Overall excellent experience and highly recommended moving forward!

Description of Work
Exterior porch, boardwalk, and pier painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

05/04/2022

Larry H.

This is the third time that I have hired Gonzales Painters -- one time for exterior painting and two times for interior painting. This time was for interior painting. Their whole process is geared toward satisfying the customer. The estimator was extremely thorough and the painters excellent. The painters arrived on time each day (painting took five days) and the lead painter made sure that the work went smoothly. All furniture and the flooring were completely covered with plastic sheeting and cleaned up daily. After the work was completed, a supervisor did a walk through with me to make sure I was satisfied. I would certainly use Gonzales Painters for any painting in the future.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 04/29/2022