Garage Door Specialists, Inc.

Founded 1976 • With Angi since October 2001

Charges by the hour. Ask about Angie’s List Discount. SERVICE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 8 AM to 3 PM ONLY. After hours and weekends NOT applicable. Complete showroom available for consumers. Showroom by appointment. Please call to schedule.

Before and After 1Before and After 2Garage Door Install

garage doors (453)door installation (33)professional organizers (3)

02/09/2022

Chad B.

Thanks for arriving early and same day. The quoted price is what I was charged. No complaints.

Description of Work
Spring replacement

Work Completed On 02/09/2022

Thanks so much for the review. We try hard & it is always great to be acknowledged for our efforts.

07/01/2021

John T.

We bought a new garage door package. Quiet, outside entry pad, battery backup, decorative panels with windows in top panel (more functional and safe when moving around in garage), insulated to the max with internet connectivity for remote opening and closing. The installers were professional and courteous. Great function, investment and curb appeal. Sales very helpful in navigating us through the choices. Company to do business with.

Description of Work
New Garage Door

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

Review for Garage Door Specialists, Inc. - 225 Larkin Drive, Wheeling, IL - 39390785

Thanks so much. We try to be helpful yet not pushy from the 1st contact, through the process & all the way to the final nut & bolt. Our goal is to offer an exemplary experience start to finish. I am very happy this worked out positively with your project. We appreciate your trust, your business and your kind review. Should you need any service down the road, we will strive to offer the same level of excellence to you once again. Sincere thanks for your support. Rob Greenberg Owner

02/15/2021

Enis A.

The technicians were prompt, courteous and professional. All work was completed as expected and I would use their service again.

Description of Work
Replace a broken garage door spring.

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

Wonderful! So glad to be of service when you needed us. We appreciate your feedback.

02/04/2021

Megan M.

They were very responsive, efficient and did great work. They gave me a very competitive price and were on the job shortly after I contacted them. The job was done quickly and they exceeded my expectations. Would definitely highly recommend them.

Description of Work
External Keypad

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Always great to wake up on a cold Winter morning, steaming cup of coffee in hand & see a review like this after my first sip! We try hard but as the old saying goes, you can’t please everyone. I am just glad that in Your Case we did hit our goal. Thanks so much for the kind words, your trust & your business. Should you ever need us again, we will be here to help. Best regards Rob Greenberg President

12/19/2020

Bob U.

Very well. Job was done in a professional matter.

Description of Work
Torsion springs replaced

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

Terrific! Always glad to be of service. We try very hard to achieve a positive & safe experience for our clients. Since Covid, it is a much harder task to achieve. Thanks for the review.

11/11/2020

Joyce S.

Very well. Professional, polite neat Definitely would use again

Description of Work
NEW GARAGE DOOR

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Wonderful. So glad to help with your new door. Should you ever need service, we are here to help. Thank you!

10/04/2020

Chris V.

They responded very quickly but had already contracted someone else. Very responsive.

Description of Work
Garage door track

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

We appreciate your review. Thanks

09/16/2020

Nadeem S.

Quick, easy install, and, great maintenance work.

Description of Work
keypad

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Fantastic. Thank you so much!

09/12/2020

Debra G.

Excellent! I highly recommend GDS, Bob. HONEST and knowledgable. Previously I had another company tell me everything had to be replaced for an outrageous amount of money. Bob came, knew exactly what the problem was completed service at 20% of the original estimate. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Description of Work
Door recently painted which caused sticking. Also both doors needed cleaning/grease and nut tightening.

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

Wonderful to read this. Thank you for your candor. Yes there are companies out there that will sell parts or products that are not needed. Our view is to be honest, be professional & always respect our clients & their property. Sounds basic, but this makes great sense to us & clearly to you as well. Thank you for the positive comments.

08/14/2020

Mike K.

Garage Door Specialist (GDS) did a great job from the initial phone call to the installation. Scott my installer did a great job replacing the springs, recommended coil replacement and explained everything he was doing. Have used GDS over the last 15 years for replacement of new garage door, new garage door opener and maintenance items such as spring and coil replacement. Always professional, timely, price competitive and customer service is outstanding. Thanks again!

Description of Work
Garage Door Spring and Roller Replacement

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

Wonderful. I spoke with you & set up the service. Scott is a great tech who always goes the extra mile to look at the entire system & often finds minor other items to address. This keeps your door & opener running smoother & more efficiently for years to come. Thanks for the review & thanks for your business! Rob

07/11/2020

Drew M.

Went great. Easy to work with. Answered all my questions. Install was smooth and they cleaned up better than they found it.

Description of Work
New 16x7 garage door

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

Great to read this first thing in the morning! Especially during these unprecedented times, we try & be extra careful & mindful for everyone’s safety & wellbeing. We take pride in making First Responders, elderly & disabled folks our priority right now. Everyone can use a helping hand, a kind word, a smile & especially a job well done. I am really glad this all worked out & you are pleased. At the same time, Thank You for the service you do for all of us every day as well! Best regards, Rob Greenberg President

07/07/2020

Karen S.

Very professional from start to finish. A pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Garage Door

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

Especially as the Pandemic was in full bloom, doing business on a personal level truly became a huge hurdle. Designing a beautiful Custom Door & having it built, installed & running beautifully had many challenges. Seeing the stunning door on your beautiful home made the effort all worth it!! Thank you for your trust & input in making this project a success. We truly appreciate the opportunity. Best regards, Rob

06/20/2020

Andrew H.

The experience with Steve was great. My wife and I were looking for new garage doors to replace existing wooden doors that were in rough shape as well as to put in new openers. Once we picked a style Steve came out to the house to help us determine the right color and window option we wanted. This took a bit of back and forth while my wife and I debated the color and specific windows but Steve was very understanding and helpful through this process. The installation process went well. During the installation Steve notice that 2 of the 12 windows that were in the doors had some minor scratches between the glass (manufacturing defect) and proactively said he would order replacements and come out and they would replace them once the replacement windows arrived. I appreciated that he paid attention to this detail. The issue was very minor, relatively hard to even see and only cosmetic but I appreciated that they took it upon themselves to address the issue before I even knew about it. When they did replace the glass I asked if I could keep the ones with the minor scratches in case we ever broke one rather than having to pay for a new one and they let me do so. The doors and openers are great and we are thrilled with the look of them. In the 2 years since we had them installed we have issues 2 different times with seals in the windows breaking and moisture getting between the glass. In both cases when I contacted GDS they took care of me, no questions asked. All I had to so is send some pictures in and they ordered replacement windows and then came out and replaced them at no charge as the doors are under warranty. Due to the doors opening and closing broken seals can happen on multi pane garage door windows and this is in no way reflects on GDS and the service they provide. I would definitely recommend GDS to others and if/when I need work done on my garage doors in the future I will be calling them.

Description of Work
Replace 3 single car garage doors and openers

Work Completed On 09/14/2019

What a thorough & thoughtful review. I remember the job & spoke to you a few times even during the COVID pandemic. As careful as manufacturers & installers can be, once in a great while....things happen. The key to keeping clients happy & thrilled with us is being proactive & doing exactly what you have described. Sometimes, a company’s true worth is measured on how they act when problems or issues occur. It is easy to look great before an installation. However how you treat clients After The Sale can really make you stand out in the crowd! We want clients to know we truly have their backs before, during & after the sale is completed. Thanks for the kind words & candid feedback. It truly means the world to us. Be safe & stay healthy. Whenever you need us down the road, you have my word we will treat you equally as well? Best regards, Rob Greenberg President

04/02/2020

Mike B.

Fantastic work. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Rob the owner was very up front and honest about how they were handling scheduling due to COVID-19 and how they were prioritizing jobs for the elderly first, etc. Really loved that. Rob also spent a good 15 minutes on the phone with me explaining my options for my openers and door rollers and making sure I understood what I was buying, how much it would cost me, everything. Would absolutely work with again in the future.

Description of Work
Garage door opener replacement and installation, garage door roller replacement

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

We are in a very tough time Globally & certainly Locally right now. Although it is hard to say NO to clients, our hearts are with the First Responders, medical, fire, police, disabled & elderly or ill who are stuck & can't get their cars out of the garage for essentials they need. I think we all need to pay special attention to these folks & help however we can. That said, we were happy to help you with your project & that it worked out so well. Stay healthy & safe & you too will be doing your part to keep this horrific virus in check as much as we possibly can! God bless us all. Thanks for the review & comments. They are very much appreciated.

03/31/2020

SANDRA & CARL S.

They did a good job and they even helped me fix an issue (of my own making) for free. I highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They put in a garage door opener.

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

We really appreciate the kind words. All of us work hard to get things done right the First Time. It is great to hear that is appreciated. Regards, Rob Greenberg

01/28/2020

John C.

Discovered the problem on Monday. Asked for quote on same day. Got a quick response from Pam. Repair completed by Tuesday morning. Work done within an hour and paid the quoted price. overall pleasant experience. Plan on working with GDS again to replace garage door.

Description of Work
garage rear hanger mount repair

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

Wonderful to see you are happy. Thank you for the nice comments. The guys did tell me that the door really does need to be replaced. They were also quite concerned about the electric opener. for safety reasons it must be set up per manufacturers directions. That is important for your safety & to not destroy your garage door as well. Thank you again................

01/13/2020

Tony M.

Called GPS in the morning due to a broken spring. They came out the same day and fixed the problem with no issues. Good company and nice people. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Replaced spring and general door maintenance

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate being recognized for good service. I will share with the team!

12/13/2019

Jonathan M.

Fabulous! I called in the morning and they were out by about 2pm. Our garage door has never been so quiet and smooth. Rob explained everything to me in easy to understand terms. He was efficient and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
new springs, wheels and overall tuneup

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

What a nice way to start my day! Reading this review first thing in the morning was like starting the day with a ray of sunshine. We strive to offer fast, prompt efficient, professional service to all our clients. When one takes the time to acknowledge our effort, it makes all of us feel great. Thanks for the lovely review & your trust. Tell your neighbors to ask for us any time they need a referral for garage door repairs or installations as well. Have a great weekend & thanks again!

12/06/2019

Aaron S.

Very quick service and very friendly. Work was done well and garage door is sounding and looking a lot better!

Description of Work
Garage Door Maintenance

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

Thank you sir. Your door had gone too long without service so the work done made a big difference. We strongly recommend that you try to have annual service to help keep 5he door running smoothly & trouble free. Thanks again! Rob

12/06/2019

Kay H.

Met all expectations. Affordable Garage Door Solutions completed everything they said they would and helped me program the controls

Description of Work
Garage door opener replaced

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

11/20/2019

WILLIAM G.

Very well. I was happy with the work and it was inexpensive.

Description of Work
Broken Springs Replaced, serviced 3 garage door and openers

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

Thank you for the feedback. We really do appreciate it when folks take the time to say....Job well done! Rob

10/10/2019

Joel S.

Excellent job. On time. Efficient. Very helpful. The improvement was obvious immediately.

Description of Work
Replace rollers and hinges, straighten track

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

How nice. Thank you for the feedback, the trust & for your business. Should you need us again, we will be here to help. Rob

07/10/2019

Steven G.

The emergency service by Scott was prompt, professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Fixed broken garage door