A clogged kitchen sink can be caused by a number of things, including grease, coffee grounds, and random objects. This article provides the most common reasons a kitchen sink and pipes get stopped up—and steps you can take to remedy the situation.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Spotsylvania, VA
There are 56 highly-rated local plumbers.
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Spotsylvania
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.HIVEX far exceeded by my wife’s and my expectations! We received other estimates from other contractors which were either way out of line price wise or with a completion date of sometime in 2022. The estimates were provided in March 2020. Listed below are some of the areas that gave us confidence in HIVEX prior to, during and after construction. • HIVEX took my family’s design, made suggestions, provided drawings, then made final adjustments to design prior to the start of construction. Obtained building permits. • Professionalism and courtesy of all HIVEX office staff and workers. • Each week communicated the work to be performed for that week and answered all questions in a timely manner. • Installed additional outlets and switches at no additional cost, as they stated. • Electrical, plumbing, drywall, and finishing trim are perfect! Again, exceeded our expectations. • Added shelving, as requested during construction. • After final payment was made, HIVEX returned to install appliances we purchased and trimmed doors to adjust for flooring we had installed. HIVEX was again true to their word, returning on the date we requested and performing all work we requested to our satisfaction. Finally, this entire project was completed in approximately 10 weeks. HIVEX originally estimate being 8 to 12 weeks. NOTE: My wife made sure all kitchen cabinets, vanities, appliances, and bathroom fixtures were available when HIVEX requested as not to impact HIVEX’s schedule. 5 stars is not good enough read less
- Expert Handyman & RemodelingI highly recommend them! I’ve used this company over a number of years for various repairs, both at our rental live-in properties. Every job is done professionally, thoroughly, and at extremely good prices. They are knowledgeable and, best of all, can make a plan when things don’t go as planned. They just completed a wonderful facelift to our entrance hall, kitchen and an exceptional bathroom renovation! It is picture perfect and we couldn't be happier read less
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.from start to finish,Hivex was spot on. this was our first project of this size,so we were nervous and excited. Bob was so laid back,that at times he scared me. He always came through, no matter what my wife and my concerns were. We can't say enough about the entire staff and contractors, they were there for us. my wife and I are in our 60s,so to see her cry and say never in her life has she had a kitchen this size and a home this beautiful,made me choke up. words can not describe the way we feel. so I will just say thanks to Bob and the rest of Hivex.P.S. I promised you all a Pig roast this summer and I also keep my word! Jim and Lind read less
- Farrell Plumbing and Heating IncThey responded to an emergency call and changed their schedule to get to us right away. They arranged for other contractors to move part of our porch and got us a temporary fix. They finished the work the next day and were prompt and professional. One of the best experiences I have ever had with a contractor (if not the best). I would recommend them without reservation read less
- F.H. Furr Plumbing Heating AC & ElectricalIt went well. They showed up on time and did a good job. Overall however, FH Furr is much too expensive for my budget. We will seek other vendors for similar tasks in the future.
- John Weaver General Contractor/CarpentryEverything went exceptionally well. Several of my neighbors have seen the work he has done in my home and hired John as well and were very pleased. I will continue to use John in the future for all my carpentry, electrical, plumbing and contracting needs.
- Michael & Son Svc IncRon hung the light and was very pleasant, efficient and professional Roberto, Glen, Angel and Luis replaced three HVAC units which took over a two day time period. They were efficient, friendly, hardworking and never seemed to stop for a break at all! They were very careful of everything in the house, especially the new hardwood floors. I could not have asked for a better, more professional crew. How to use the system was explained in detail before they left. I would definitely recommend that crew to anyone!! Next Brian M. came in to handle some electrical work and again, very professional, helpful, I would look forward to him working on the next electrical project to move cable wiring read less
- F.H. Furr Plumbing Heating AC & ElectricalJoe explained that the unit just needed a routine maintenance procedure which he demonstrated. The disposal now works again. Joe spent extra time patiently explaining to us useful procedures for efficient use of the disposal. This all took place during the warranty period for the unit so there was no cost read less
- Shawn plumbing serviceThere were issues like a portion of pipe under the sink that needed fixed as well as re-doing some of the valving that was leaking water. The guys also didn't have part with them and had to go out and purchase what they needed to do the job correctly. They also had some issue with reverse osmosis system due to the complicated set up. However they figured it out and the job was done in about 4 hours. They were very professional and cleaned up. Even helped put things back under the kitchen sink that had to be removed so that they could install the RO system and do the other plumbing work read less
- '58 FoundationsIt was a great experience all the way round. They came in, they took the measurements of what needed to be done and took care of it right away. I got the guarantee; everything has been great. They were in when they said they were going to be, they cleaned up after and they did a great job.
Plumbers in Spotsylvania
- Business Description:Small company that all the work is completed by owner or supervised by ownerRecent Review:Pat Farrell and his crew came through for us once again. (They did a new full basement bathroom previously.) This time we had a hole in the copper pipe leading to the sewage line which led to replacing the deteriating cast iron line from the house to the septic tank, which led to the deteriating line from the septic tank to the distribution box (D-box), which led to the replacement of the crumbling D-box. Our house was built in 1963 and we assume the septic system is original to the house. Although, the work required 3 days to complete, with a weekend in between) they saw to it we could use the bathroom overnights, so we were inconvenienced very little. Pat and his crew worked very hard and professionally. They do very neat skilled work. They left our property cleaned up and re-seeded. And best of all the cost was very reasonable for such a big job. Whenever we need a plumber in the future it will Farrell Plumbing we call read lessTeresa J.
- Business Description:F.H. Furr is a family and veteran owned-and-operated company and has been serving the D.C. Metro area for over 35 years. We put our customers first and provide them with quality products from trained technicians. Whether you need plumbing, heating, cooling, or electrical repairs or replacements, call on F.H. Furr for "Absolutely The Best" service read lessRecent Review:Tim with FH Furr was awesome. Same day install completed.Emmett V.
- Business Description:We are a family business that is locally owned and operated. We are able to handle the smallest of jobs to the largest of jobs. Leaking faucets to main sewer and water line excavation. We are a small family owned business which allows us to send you a master plumber on every service call at a price much lower than the large plumbing companies. Top quality work at a fair price. We proudly service all of northern and central virginia including Fairfax, Springfield, Arlington, Loudoun county, Wo.. read lessRecent Review:Excellent. They are a great company and I highly recommend them. They are very professional, knowledgeable, honest and customer-oriented. Owen was fantastic - super diligent and attentive to detail. Explained everything as he worked on issues one by one. He pointed out an existing problem we had not noticed, as well as flagged some potential issues to watch down the road. He did not "up-sell" or overcharge. Prices were comparable with other companies, but we felt a lot more confident in the quality of work with this company read lessElena H.
- Business Description:Plumbing innovators of Fredericksburg, VA can handle all your plumbing, well / septic and water heaters needs anywhere throughout Northern Virginia. 25+ years on the job makes us one of the area’s most experienced plumbing and water systems contractors. From leaky pipes and backed up toilets to septic tank installation and water filtration and water heater service – not only do we have the specialized equipment, but well-stocked trucks that keep us on the job fixing your problem. Reliable, co.. read lessRecent Review:Best plumbing service I've ever had. Chad was outstanding, probably the most professional service pro I've ever dealt with. We had a water leak (from the upstairs bathroom into the kitchen celling below) the day after my wife gave birth...what a headache and stressor! But Chad did a great job....professional, informative, competent,....thanks Chad and Plumbing Innovators! You are our plumbers for life read lesssean m.
- Business Description:Marines Plumbing, a Veteran-Owned and Operated business, serves Northern Virginia, including Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, Stafford Counties and Richmond. We’re the “no haggle” plumber. We give you one fair price for the products and services we provide, and additional options when available. When we work with you, it includes one of our expert technicians coming out to your house to accurately assess your issues. If you decide to use us to fix your plumbing problems, then we get right to.. read lessRecent Review:Worst experience imaginable… Run while you have the chance. Due to age and expected life expectancy and recommendation of my condo association, I replaced my 17-year-old gas direct-vent hot water heater that never gave me a problem. Since the initial install on May 24th the heater has been inoperable 30% of the time due to one thing or another. Almost every other day the unit was off, and I must relight the pilot to get hot water. The first time the unit failed was less than a week after it was installed but, on a Sunday, and I was charged an emergency dispatch fee... actually had to provide a credit card number on the phone before they would come out! I was reimbursed weeks later but only after requesting and repeated follow ups. On the Sunday dispatch unit was off because air vent being cut too short and disconnected, so not enough air was getting to the unit, on subsequent trip the damper plate had to be installed to keep air from coming in from outside from blowing out pilot(not sure, this may be required depending on vent length). The issue kept occurring and they could not figure out what was happening, so they replaced the heater with another one...and it still occurred. They then said it could be gas, so I had the gas company come out to test and they found a small leak in the gas line near the heater, but I guess that is not something ordinarily checked. Everything else gas wise checked out. The issue was still occurring every couple of days. Finally, about a week ago steam was discovered coming up the drainpipe from a unit below me and was being directed into my heaters pan/gas controller and that could be contributing. Irony here is that each time I had to relight the pilot I had reported that the gas controller area/fire foam was soaked, and when they were onsite repairing the gas leak they saw firsthand the steam in the pan with the unit off, the tech was on his side lighting the pilot with the steam in his face and each instance said this was normal, just condensation… turns out not normal. They wanted a State Water heater representative/expert to look at the unit. The supposed representative (business card he left said RoT Marketing?) "examined" the unit and he indicated the install “looked ok”. That the issues all along (after the vent, damper, and gas were repaired) were all due to the steam coming up the drain… and here is the best part of all… the warranty on the unit was now void!! Still waiting on that official statement in a letter. Hope this helps read lessJamie M.
- Business Description:We are a family owned plumbing business, we offer warranties on every job we do and specialize in water heater faucets well pumps any plumbing issuesRecent Review:I claimed a deal on the Angi website for a fixed rate for up to two hours of labor. After canceling on the original repair date, the plumber showed up and started repairing my leaky pipes. Halfway through the repairs, he mentioned additional labor costs. I pointed out that I had claimed the fixed-rate deal. He refused to honor it, and left without completing the repairs (though he didn't charge me for the partial repairs) read lessDaniel L.
- Business Description:Orbit Water Solutions has been in the business of water for over 70 years and will continue to be in business once the current Covid-19 virus situation is under control. We are practiced and trained to adhere to all CDC recommended protections. We are a family owned business; your home is our home. We are considered an essential business and we are ready to help you with your home water needs NOW. If you wish to wait, we highly recommend you call us and get on our schedule now for the nea.. read lessRecent Review:My experience with this company and the water solutions that they provided was phenomenal. Even though our home was quite a ways away from their normal service area, they were still able to send a team member, Zoe, out the next day to do a test of our well water. Zoe went through all of the different tests and thoroughly explained the results every step of the way. The next day they were able to send out a team to install the recommended water softening and filtration solutions. The guys that came out to do this work were quick, clean, and able to answer any of our questions. We could feel and taste the difference in our water immediately. We don't have to use as much soap for the dishes or for the shower as we used to thanks to all the hardness being filtered out. Our hair and skin feels much cleaner after a shower. The water not only tastes better, but we feel more at ease drinking it. My morning coffee tastes so much better and is much stronger than before (so now I can use less coffee). Ultimately, I highly recommend this company if you want to have a test done of your water quality are considering a water filtration system read lessDaniel S.
- Business Description:New name - same great service!! Formerly known as Yepez Services. Owner Operated, no subbing jobs out. No travel charges. No after hours charges.
- Business Description:As an essential service, Basement Detective is still inspecting and servicing customers. We are taking extra precautions to ensure everyone’s health and safety in serving our customers, including: ✓Cleaning our hands often with soap and/or using hand sanitizer. ✓Wearing gloves during our inspections. ✓Ensuring we are covering any cough or sneeze. ✓Keeping a safe distance from people. ✓Wiping down equipment that is used during our inspections. We are a full service waterproofing and r.. read less
- Business Description:Hagan's Remodeling in Warrenton, VA is a general contractor that offers quality home remodeling services. We guarantee that our basement projects will be finished in 3-4 weeks. Most decks completed with in 1 week. Re-roof your house in 2 days or less.We offer you a free estimate. My job is to make sure you are satisfied with the work completed and to help you in any way read lessRecent Review:I contacted Hagan on Angies list and was immediately prompted to call him to schedule an appointment since he does not reply to messages or schedule appointments through Angie’s List. Chris came to inspect the job and take measurements and was very friendly. However, that was the last I heard from him. I attempted to call him and I also sent an email, but did not receive any follow up. It’s very disrespectful and wasted two weeks of my time read lessNick G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
The toilet is one area of the house that everyone notices when it stops working. Using this guide, you’ll learn whether you should replace or repair your toilet, based on several key signs such as age, leaks, and frequent repairs.
PEX plumbing may leach contaminants into the tap water of your home, but more studies are needed to determine if PEX is safe for drinking water. Here’s what we know about PEX pipes and how they compare to other forms of household plumbing.
Find Plumbers in
- Locust Grove
- Ruther Glen
- Bowling Green
- Port Royal
- Brandy Station
Plumbers in Spotsylvania
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A&M Septic Service LLCPO Box 184
- A-Advanced Heating and Air Conditioning1349 Daniel Rd.
- A-Master Plumbing Services15483 Bird Call Court
- Absolute Construction 11222 Ascot Cir
- Advanced Environment Solutions, Inc8710 Lagrange St N/A
- Alexander and Sons Plumbing LLC12501 Sickles Ln
- American Home Contractors of VA, LLC14175 Sullyfield Cir Suite 600
- American Service & Installation Corp.15812 Mt. Everest
Silver Spring, Maryland
- Andrewz Homes & RenovationPO Box 1199
- Anthony's Hvac & Home Improvement5326 Satterfield Dr
- Any & Everything Plumbing1148 Kellogg Mill Road
- APMCO Home Improvements10031 Landrum Rd
- Apple Appliance Service389 Widewater Rd
- Aquia Stafford Area Plumbing Inc35 Potomac Creek Drive
- ARS / Rescue Rooter Manassas9070 Euclid Ave
- Ascending Dove Service & Repair LLC11447 Marsh Rd
- Atlantic Green LLC10825 Houser Dr Ste B
- Augusta Rock Plumbing Service95 Vance Rd
- A&M Septic Service LLC
- B4 & After Home Improvement11709 Inverarry Dr
- Barnette Services2642 Colvin Rd
- Basement Detective3310 Clayborne Ave
- Basic Plumbing23025 Lahore Rd.
- Bathroom Plumbing Bowling Green VA104 MILFORD ST
Bowling Green, Virginia
- Bedrock Construction LLC22432 Germanna Hwy.
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing9767 Rider Road
- Best Water VA, LLC10701 Stoner Dr 11
- Better Bollards BBiP O Box 2341
- Blue Isle Granite & Tile9430 Contractors Court Unit C
- blue ridge mtn. plumbing9031 Fox Run Dr
- Brent Construction & Renovations14235 Fisher Ave
- Brian W Alexander Home Maintenance and Repair47 W 18th St
Front Royal, Virginia
- Burkett home improvements12255 Robin Rd
- Burns PlumbingPO Box 743
- B4 & After Home Improvement
- C&P Plumbing Inc31 Utah Pl Ste 101
- C-CON Inc7646 Fullerton Rd D
- C.B.S. Enterprises LLC904 Princess Anne St Ste C-6
- Chamberlin-Washington Inc.6482 Sligo Mill Rd
Takoma Park, Maryland
- Clark's Lumber and Millwork7422 Commerce Way
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- Cody Malone Services110 Cranes Corner Rd
- Cogar Plumbing13755 Sullivan Rd
- Collins Home & Landscaping Services13500 Kennedy St
- CSI Home and Commercial Services3715 Lafayette Blvd
- Culligan of Maryland441 Defense Hwy Ste J
- Culligan of Northern Virginia45095 Old Ox Rd Ste 100
- C&P Plumbing Inc
- D & J Handyman Services35 Perth Drive
- Dannex Construction600 Interstate Business Park Ste B
- Dark Horse Plumbing Services11283 Holland Ct
- David Light Jr Inc7217 Grand Brooks Road
- Davis Plumbing & Heating Inc245 Butler Rd
- Dicapa Construction and Remodeling1600 Tysons Blvd 8th Floor
Mc Lean, Virginia
- Dickersons Home Improvement llc12908 Grenade Ln
- Different Strokes Property/Estate Maintenance138 Wellington Lakes Dr
- Dzinbild14980 Davis Rd
Church Road, Virginia
- D & J Handyman Services
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- EPC Elmore's Plumbing Co LLC1629 Log Cabin Rd
- Executive Improvements142 Stefaniga Rd
- Extreme Construction and Landscape188 Lambert Dr
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Garnett Refrigeration9821 Courthouse Rd
- Gene Gentry, LLC3625 Elm Farm Rd Unit 13
- GENE'S PLUMBING SERVICE INC140 LORA DR STE 101
- GPR Handyman Service2908 Jasmine St.
- Gutter Helmet of Virginia by MR.FIX-IT10189 Maple Leaf Ct
- Garnett Refrigeration
- Handy Works679 Holly Crest Dr
- Handyman Quick Service and Repair2723 Manorhaven Ct
- Hardy Boys Plumbing223 W Culpeper St
- Harris Brothers Plumbing501 General Dr
- Harrison Handyman5700 Riverside Pl
- Haynes Plumbing LLC101 Shenandoah Ln
- Heritage Contracting Services11903 Bowman Dr # 101
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co. 6324 Old Plank Rd
- HomeBrite Renovations4020 Derbyshire Ln
- Honey-Do Handyman Services819 Forbes St
- Handy Works
- Innovative Services LLC13416 Vista Forest Dr
- Innovative Services LLC
- J & T Construction Llc705 Catalpa Ct
- J Carpet Cleaning and Repair7726 Kennedy Rd
- J.M. Bolling & Associates, LLC9522 Robert E Lee Drive
- Jenkins Restorations109 Juliad Ct Ste 105
- Jerry's Plumbing and Heating
- JES Foundation Repair8122 BETHLEHEM RD
- Jimenez Painting6299 Cooper Ave
- John Weaver General Contractor/Carpentry508 Holden Ln
- Johnny Werks1651 Mallory Rd
- J & T Construction Llc
- kage sitework llc2020 lafayette blvd suite b-2
- Keep Evolving LLC.30 Clover Hill Dr
- KELLY CONSTRUCTION13116 ELk Run Road
- Kevin Fisher10720 Cedar Post Ln
- Kitchen Saver10315 South Dolfield Road
Owings Mills, Maryland
- Kitchens For You, Inc.310 Garrisonville Road Suite 102
- kage sitework llc