There are a lot of rumors and misguided assumptions muddying the waters of your plumbing system. Learn which plumbing myths you should send down the drain.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Sandusky, OH
There are 5 highly-rated local plumbers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Sandusky
- FAITH CONSTRUCTIONQuoted lower price than what was charged. Cheated on hours worked. OK as handyman, but not good for large projects. Slow work. Felt as though he was milking the job. Once the project was winding down Bruce moved to other work and left us to fend for ourselves. Too many things to complain about for this review….,
- Pompeii's Plumbing, Sewer & DrainThey came out on New Years Eve, and fixed everything. They went above and beyond. They did a great job.
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain ServicesOur usual plumber was busy, and the toilet was leaking all over the floor. My wife called Roto-Rooter of Norwalk. These guys beat me home from work! They were on site within an hour and already at work when I arrived. Not only did they locate the issue and stop the toilet from leaking, they clearly explained everything in real people terms. They even did not charge extra for such amazingly rush service! I was super impressed. Both Ben and Joe have been out to do work for us, and both were excellent
- Minnear and SimmonsFrom the very first interaction, Clint has been fantastic. He is a third generation owner of this company, and he really knows his stuff! We first had to call him out to figure out what another contractor had done wrong with our new SpacePak HVAC system when they tried to convert it to a heat pump and messed it up. Not only did he not charge us for that assessment visit, he brought the company rep along with him! Clint gave us a complete rundown of what was wrong, what had been botched, and when it would break. Clint was right almost to the day as to the date it croaked! When an unseen issue was discovered as a result of the geothermal installation causing a pipe to settle wrong and create a small bottleneck with the septic, Clint not only took full responsibility, he said he'd be out the following Monday to take care of it. That Monday? It was Christmas Eve that year. No complaint, no grumbles, just cheerfully fixing the issue for free. That's the kind of guy Clint is. The only "warning" I'd give is that because he IS so good, reliable, and honest, you cannot always get him the next day. He's a busy guy! But he is 100% worth the wait
- Desborough Construction IncI hired Desborough Construction to remodel my condominium. Cosmetic portions of the project: remove wallpaper, repair drywall, paint. Electrical: Install canister lighting and light fixtures. Flooring: Install hardwood flooring throughout condo Bathroom: Complete remodel. Replaced tile flooring, vanity, toilet. Removed tub/shower combo and replaced with walk in shower with beautiful tile detail. I was told the work would take 3 weeks and I was given an estimate. Both were accurate. John Desborough and his co-worker Nate were courteous and professional. They offered suggestions when I asked for them and when I chose a questionable paint color, they contacted me after painting a wall to be sure it was what I wanted. It wasn't what I thought it would be and their proactive questioning saved time and money. I highly recommend Desborough Construction to anyone looking for a quality contractor that takes pride in the work they perform. It was an excellent experience and I am extremely pleased with the results
- Leo F Brown Plumbing & HeatingHe is very prompt and very thorough. He is the man for the job. I love him and would not go to anybody else.
- LEWIS PLUMBING & HOME REPAIRHe was professional, kept me updated on what he was doing and cleaned up carefully when he was finished. After looking at the items that I had requested an estimate on, he was able to fix one while he was there, told me what part to buy for another one and gave a reasonable estimate on finishing up the third project -- and it was all covered under the service call one hour fee! I called at approximately 11:00 am, and the job was completed before 3:00 pm. Very pleased, and will definitely have them complete the project that he gave me the estimate for
- Multi Level Konstruction KompanyHaving the work done in Ohio, about three hours from the business, it was done when promised with excellent workmanship and materials. The design and vision for color and texture were exceptional.
- Johnson PlumbingIt was very good. I wouldn't use anybody else. The place is always clean when they leave. I've had no problems with them. I've been satisfied every time.
- Dan Wright Plumbing CoDan was prompt in responding and did an excellent job getting our Hot water heater problem resolved. He had to come back for a second time to resolve the problem, and ended up installing new kitchen faucet . Highly recommend him.
Last update on August 16, 2022
Plumbers in Sandusky
Deals in Sandusky for Plumbing
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
From checking permit requirements to positioning the wastewater drainfield, use this checklist as a complete guide to your septic installation.
Chlorine can pose a handful of problems to your health and your home’s appliances. Keep reading to learn what you can do about chlorine in your tap water.
Find Plumbers in
- Bay View,
- Lakeside Marblehead,
- Port Clinton,
- Berlin Heights,
- Oak Harbor,
- South Amherst,
- Green Springs,
- North Fairfield,
Plumbers in Sandusky
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Buckeye Builders & Contractors LLC2019 St Rte 99
Monroeville, Ohio 44847
- Buckeye Builders & Contractors LLC
- C.C. Real Estate Services82 Ridgeview Circle
Milan, Ohio 44846
- C.C. Real Estate Services
- Economy Drain Cleaning3420 Liberty Ave
Vermilion, Ohio 44089
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Ex Amish Construction LLC4017 Center Rd
Conneaut, Ohio 44030
- Economy Drain Cleaning
- FIRELANDS MECHANICAL HTG & AC5100 EAST HARBOR RD
Port Clinton, Ohio 43452
- FIRELANDS MECHANICAL HTG & AC
- Gasser Builders Inc2215 Eastern Rd
Rittman, Ohio 44270
- Gasser Builders Inc
- Jim's Plumbing & Heating Inc8962 County Road 34
Green Springs, Ohio 44836
- Jim's Plumbing & Heating Inc
- Ohio Basement Systems7950 Bavaria Rd
Twinsburg, Ohio 44087
- Ohio Basement Systems
- The Basement Guys1633 Thornwood Dr
Heath, Ohio 43056
- The Basement Guys
Plumbers that service Sandusky
How much does a plumber cost?
Answer: The cost of a plumber ranges from $175 to $480, with a national average of $330. However, the price will vary depending on job complexity, timing, location, supplies and materials, permits, and level of expertise. These costs typically include toilet repairs, faucet installations, and leaky pipes. In addition to the service call, you may also need to budget for haul-away and trip fees often required during more complicated jobs. Ask your local plumbing contractor about these fees before hiring them.
How much does a plumber charge to replace a toilet?
Answer: On average, you can expect to pay your local plumbing contractor between $125 and $230 to replace an old toilet, with most residential homeowners paying around $150 to $180 for professional installation. You’ll need to consider materials and labor when calculating a final price. Not all toilets are equal. Depending on the brand you choose and the features you want, a new toilet might run you anywhere from $100 to $1,300. Add in the price of labor and installation, and your total project can jump up to $200 and $1,500.
How much does a plumber cost to fix a toilet?
Answer: According to our service providers, it costs roughly $75 to $200 on average to have your toilet repaired. However, this price will vary depending on the complexity of the job and the materials needed for the fix. Repairs can be messy and less-than-pleasant to address, but having a functioning toilet is most definitely necessary. If you’re experiencing problems with your toilet, contact a local, reputable plumbing contractor right away, as avoiding repairs can lead to bigger—and more expensive—issues over time.
Is liquid plumber safe for septic systems?
Answer: Good news! Liquid-Plumr® is safe for septic systems. Most drain cleaners disrupt the pH in your septic tank, which prevents the good bacteria from breaking down septic waste. The chemical make-up in Liquid-Plumr® works with the bacteria to break down waste quickly without harming your septic system. Still, it’s best to confirm with your local plumbing provider if Liquid-Plumr® is the right solution for your system.
How much is it for a plumber to unclog a toilet?
Answer: Even the most well-maintained toilets experience clogs. It’ll cost you an average of $200 to $700 to unclog your toilet. Severe clogs will require a more comprehensive repair method, so check with your local plumbing contractor to determine the best approach for unclogging your toilet.
Is Liquid-Plumr®, or any other liquid drain cleaner, safe for septic systems?
Answer: Yes and no. Liquid-Plumr® and other drain cleaners are most effective when used sparingly (one to three times a year). Repeated use of liquid plumber on drains could deteriorate your pipes and cause more damage. If your pipes clog frequently, put down the liquid plumber and call your local plumbing contractor immediately.