If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in Sandusky, OH
There are 4 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in Sandusky
- MASONRY CONSTRUCTION COTom and his team did an excellent job in completing concrete and masonry work for the footers, crawl space, garage floor, and driveway of this major home addition. Tom was quick to quote the work and get the job started. The entire team was very professional, and did an excellent job of excavating and backfilling in a confined space – keeping their equipment within the property boundaries. The entire project was completed on time and within budget. I highly recommend Masonry Construction Co
- McFadden ConcreteThey did a beautiful rough stone edge and did a stained color for the concrete. It was gorgeous. They were professional, courteous and the job turned out beautiful. In terms of concrete, the "finish" was so prefect and smooth - exactly what my husband and I wanted. We didn't know about sealer types and the sealer they suggested was perfect. It was a nice sheen but it's not slippery. I think we expected it to be nice but not "wow" nice. We took a chance because we hadn't read any Angie's reviews or anything and we are glad we did. The main guy, Josh, really worked to give us what we wanted. The pricing was really, really good as well
- J & J CONCRETE & CONSTRUCTIONJeff Carson performed all work in accordance with agreed upon price and within specifications. Mr. Carson was responsive and timely with all of my questions and he performed his work in a neat and professional manner. Jeff cleaned up after himself and did not clutter up or damage any part of the landscape surrounding the worksite. I chose Mr Carson because of the high quality work he performed when he poured a new garage floor for me as a subcontractor on a bigger construction project. I would recommend Mr. Carson for any concrete, block, and brick work tou may have
- A&N Excavating And Construction CoI would recommend them. The thing that I was most impressed with was that they were willing to work with my designs and concepts.
- 3 Brothers ConcreteI was recently ripped of by Joe Westgate of 3 Brothers Concrete LLC and I am currently trying to recover approximately $21,500 of the $43,150 that I paid him for work that he did not complete. I hired Joe Westgate owner of 3 Brothers Concrete LLC in Painesville, Ohio to help build my dream house by installing my basement and garage footers, all the block for my basement and garage, brick work on the house, build my fireplace, pour my concrete basement, garage, front porch and sidewalk, stamped patio, driveway, and pole barn for a total price of $63,000 and I have a contract to prove it. Joe asked for three draws of $21,000 and said the draws would come after the work started, in the middle of the job, and when the job was completed. I met him at the property on Wednesday september 19th and officially contracted him to do the job. Then he asked me for his first draw of $21,000 to buy the materials which wasn't part of the agreement and I hesitated but I was so excited to build my dream home that I paid him. We discussed the time frame and he was to start on Thursday September 27th and be done with the basement footers, the block work, and basement concrete floor was to be poured by Friday October 12th so my framers could start the following Monday. Joe did start the job on Thursday if you want to call it that. When I showed up Joe and his wife were there standing around complaing about working on a muddy jobsite and said he couldn't work like that so he was going to have stone poured the next day and his guys would be there to finish forming footers. I came back the next afternoon and the footers still weren't formed. I came back a few days later to find two of his workers there sort of working while they had there 2 and 3 year old kids playing in the wet and muddy basement that had stone, steel rebar, and lumber laying everywhere while it was sprinkling rain and 45 degrees outside. I called Joe to complain about this and he assured that it wouldn't happen again and that he personally would be on the job everyday until it was finished to make sure it was done right and on schedule. It only got worse from here. Joe's so called crew which consisted of himself, his wife who has no construction experience, and a laborer with some experience poured the footers wrong and had to repair them twice. Once because they didn't have continous footers for the patio and garage. The second time because my footers that are 20and quot; wide were so far off that my 12and quot; block wouldn't fit on it. Which ended up pushing the schedule back and they didn't start laying the basement block until Fiday October 12th which was when the work was supposed to be completed. Also they dug a huge ramp into my basement with a bobcat to carry the block in which I now have to fix because Joe didn't want to pay to have it boom lifted into the basement. Then when I was talking to Joe he told me that he needed another draw of $21,000 to cover materials plus an extra $1,150 because the basement needed more stone then expected. I asked Joe about our agreement that the second draw was to come after a majority of the work was completed and at that time only one wall was up. Joe told me that either I paid him or he was pulling his guys off the job. At this point I was scared and needed the job done as soon as possible because Joe was so far behind that I just paid him. I showed up on Sunday October 14th to do some work and found the block layers there tearing down the back wall. I asked them why and they said because it was off by 8'' so they had to fix it which pushed the deadline back. I stopped out to my property on Wednesday October 17th and found that the back block wall window openings were not in the right locations. I called Joe to ask him about it and he said that he hadn't been on the jobsite the last 2 days but left specific instructions and his block layers messed up. Then I realized that not only were the windows in the wrong locations, but they were the wrong sizes and the custom windows that I ordered wouldn't fit into them. Joe said that he would have the problem corrected but it would set us behind on schedule again. So I had to reschedule my pulmbers, framers, excavators, and inspections. The block layers finally finished on Friday October 19th but I had some concerns with there workmanship and the way they did some of the block piers to support the patio and garage. Joe assured me that he would have it fixed. On Monday October 22nd I had a reputable basement waterproofing company show up to waterproof the basement, but upon inspection he said that he couldn't waterproof it without first repairing the poor workmanship that was performed by Joe Westgate of 3 Brothers Concrete LLC. The waterproofing company spent approximately 4 hours patching all of the bad mortar joints and holes in the mortar which Joe assured me was ok and ready for waterproofing. This ended up costing me an extra $300. Joe showed up a few hours later to start prepping the basement to pour the concrete and I explained about the waterproofing in which he said that the block was fine and he wasn't paying for it. He then said he was going to prep the floors and pour the basement concrete on Tuesday October 23rd. On Tuesday he sent me a text message at 6:15 am stating that he was moving the pour to Wednesday October 24th because it was supposed to rain on Tuesday. So on Wednesday he called me around 1:30 pm and said he didn't pour the concrete because my lumber company dropped my house package off in the driveway and he couldn't get cement trucks in. I immediately drove out there to see what the problem was and Joe was already gone. I discovered the lumber package was not in the driveway but actually in the front yard and there are two driveways on my property so he could use either one. I then looked into the basement and realized that the real problem was that the basment was only half prepped with plastic vapor barrier and wire mesh so he wasn't ready to pour. I called Joe very angry and discussed my concern with all of his excuses and the fact that I needed the basement poured immediately because there was a big rain storm coming in on Friday October 26th that was supposed to last 10 days. Joe Westgate once again assure me that he would have the prep work finished and the basement poured on Thursday October 25th 2012 no matter what. On Thursday around 1 pm I drove to my property and found Joe Westgate and his crew were no where in sight and there was no concrete in the basement, but he did finish prepping it for concrete. I immediately tried calling him but oddly got no answer. I caled him approximately 11 times, left several voicemails, and sent several text messages to him. Al I got was a text message that said and quot;will call soonand quot;. I tried calling him all night and texting him to find out was going on with no response from him. On Friday October 26th I went to the property at 7:30 am and noticed that sometime after I left the previoous night Joe came back and picked up all of his tools and left the jobsite vacant so I immediately panicked because at this point Joe Westgate had $43,150 of my money and only a third of the job was complete. I started calling Joe and texting him for almost an hour with no response. So I called the local sheriff and sent Joe a text that they were on there way. Joe then immediately called me back and said that he quit and wasn't doing anymore work for me. He then said something that struck me as odd. He said that the sheriff couldn't do anything and that I would have to take him to civil court to get my money back. I asked him why he didn't pour the concrete and didn't respond to any of my calls and his answer was and quot;I don't have to explain myself to youand quot;. I told him that I was going to call my attorneys so he then stated that he would work up an invoice and have it to me by the end of the day for labor and materials and send me a partial refund. I told him that I was going to post a review on Angie's List and on the Better Business Bureau about this and he said that he would sue me for slander even though it's true. To this day I still have not seen a refund, invoice, or heard from Joe Westgate or anyone from 3 Brothers Concrete. I went home and typed 3 Brothers Concrete LLC into the Bettter Business Bureau website and found two other complaints posted 10/8/2012 and 10/12/2012 against Joe for taking deposits and not performing the work or returning phone calls. He also gave the people several excuses for not returning there calls. Joe has thousands of excuses for everything. I then did some more research and found that Joe Westgate also previously had a company that he started in 2010 called Lay It Flat Concrete that went out of business in 2011 and then shortly after he started up under a different name 3 Brothers Concrete LLC. Which I had previously asked him how come I never met or seen his brothers on the jobsite and he said that it was just a name he made up that didn't mean anything. I then found out that after he told me that he had been in business for over 15 years it wasn't true. In fact it wasn't even possible considering he's 31, graduated high school in 1999 and then went to the military for four years or so he claims. (Probably another Lie). That puts him at getting out of the military in 2003 so at most he has 9 years experience, not 15 like he claims.
- 3 Brothers ConcreteWANTED!!! Any information as to the whereabouts or address of Joe Westgate so that I may press charges against him and have him put in jail where he belongs for being a corrupt and crooked business owner/partner and constantly stealing peoples money and not performing the work he was contracted to perform. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or information to his whereabouts or address. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- KUZMA CONCRETE & CONSTRUCTIONMr. Kuzma was quick (the next day) to give me an estimate for replacing my concrete driveway and sidewalk, this was in April 2012. We had a discussion at that time as to when he could begin the work, he would not commit to a day, week or month. I made numerous calls to him after accepting his estimate to do the work. He never returned my calls. He does not communicate with his customers. As of July 15, 2012 he still has not communicated with me. I have sent him a certified letter letting him know I do not want him to do the work. A positive note: I have seen his concrete work and his work is excellent
Concrete Repair Contractors in Sandusky
- Business Description:Disabled Veteran owned and operated Company. We offer full service foundation repair and can take care of anything from a leaking basement to a sinking foundation. Along with any excavating needs.Recent Review:Couldn’t have asked for a better company to work with! They were very thorough and clearly took pride in their work. Exceptionally efficient and very reasonable prices! Would 100% use them again and highly recommend without reservation.Katie M.
- Business Description:HP Seamless Gutters is located in Ashland Ohio . We run 5” & 6” gutters in approx 20-25 colors . All repairs have a $150 truck charge minimum plus labor and parts . Also we offer leaf guards , gutter repair and gutter cleaningRecent Review:Quoted a fair price - Showed up on time - Performed work as planned - Courteous and respectful. What else could one expect?Steve H.
- Business Description:Ohio Basement Systems, founded in 1999, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Ohio Basement Systems is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and Home Builders Association of Greater Cleveland. They devote years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect th..Recent Review:Fine Larry was very friendly was and explained every thing and Richard was very good too . Stayed to finishKay H.
- Business Description:Highly skilled craftsmen perform at the top of their field. We display attention to detail & we are very conscientious on every job. The owner stops by job sites regularly to maintain the quality you expect.Recent Review:They forgot about my first scheduled appointment and never called. I missed an entire day of work because the estimates are between 10 and 2 and they refuse to call on the way or give u a smaller window. 2nd appointment they were late I had to call again if it wasn't for a very sweet professional manager Lauralee I would have canceled especially since Brittany was so nasty about them forgetting me the 1st time. I will only schedule with Lauralee from now on im a realtor and have a ton of work and even more referrals so you would think they would give me star treatment but sadly only Lauralee doeEllen F.
- Business Description:C & C Masonry is a family owned business with over 15 years experience in concrete, masonry, and basement waterproofing and foundation repair. We provide you with the best solution for your needs and guarantee our work after the saleRecent Review:Terrible. I usually check online reviews for services I use but this outfit was referred to me by a friend of a friend. Sadly for me I didn't check until after I paid the down payment. I found nothing but 1 star reviews. For good reason. My project was a foundation for a 3 car garage. It took them two and a half months to do a 3-5 day job. (He was busy fishing and hunting) The concrete is wavy, not level, not square. The finish is supposed to be smooth. It is filled with swirl marks. I could go on and on. I questioned him about all of these things along the way and got nothing but excuses and lies. I've talked to other contractors and the reason bottom feeders like this are even in business is because the good ones are booked months in advance. Choose any company other then this one and you will be better offWayne S.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Buckeye Builders is a quality and safety driven company that strives to exceed our cliens expectations! Our company slogan ib BUILDING PIECE OF MIND and that exactly what we do!!
- Business Description:Additional email - email@example.com.
- Business Description:Handyman Services. One Call Does it All. Big Jobs and Small we do it all. Free Estimates, Fully Insured, Very Reliable..
Deals in Sandusky for Concrete Repair
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
Concrete is a durable building material, but it's tricky to lay. If you want to minimize unsightly lines that can worsen over time on your patio or driveway, here are five simple tips to prevent concrete cracks from forming.
Find concrete contractors in
- Bay View
- Lakeside Marblehead
- Port Clinton
- Berlin Heights
- Oak Harbor
- South Amherst
- Green Springs
- North Fairfield
concrete contractors in Sandusky
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A&N Excavating And Construction Co629 Taylor Ave
- A&N Excavating And Construction Co
- Lakeshore Excavating, LLCPO Box 46049
Middle Bass, Ohio
- Lakeshore Excavating, LLC
- Northcoast Handyman Service608 Oakland Ave
- Northcoast Handyman Service
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio
- Quality Decks LLC