Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Salem, OR
There are 34 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Salem
- Apex Paint and Remodel LLCI am beyond pleased with the work provided by this company! My 4100 sq ft house and 72' x 48' two story barn were in need of a paint job and some repairs. From the onset, communication with the owner, Evan, and their estimator, Brady, was clear and concise. Evan worked diligently in getting the paint I wanted despite there being a shortage of quality paint this year. The primary work crew consisted of the lead, Richard, and Eric with other members rotating. These guys did an absolutely awesome paint job! They were meticulous and detailed oriented; they arrived on time and left the job site spotless every day. Toward the end of the project, I made a list of items to be corrected. I shouldn't have bothered because without even looking at my list, Richard had noted and corrected each item (as well as items I had overlooked). Eric must have goat DNA as he was perched on 40' ladders and still able to do an amazing job. I was extremely pleased with the wood repairs performed by Justin. Everybody with whom I came into contact had a positive attitude throughout the project. What a refreshing feeling to know they liked their job and the company. It makes all the difference in the kind of work they produce. Does it sound like I would recommend this company? In a heartbeat!! This is a quality company that provided a top-notched product. I am thrilled with the entire job provided by Apex and would use them again read less
- Michael Angelo ExteriorsFantastic…I would highly recommend Michael Angelos Exteriors. Michael was very reasonable and his crew was easy to work with. These guys are very good and very fast!
- Apex Paint and Remodel LLCApex did an outstanding job on our guest bathroom remodel. Evan, Jeremy, and Jason are so awesome to work with. They care about everything and really are detail oriented. We had them remove the old tub/shower insert and put in a new one. They removed a soffit, installed shiplap, new trim, painted the cabinetry and walls. Beautiful result. Highly recommend Apex read less
- John Dom & RichThings went extremely well and we were very pleased with the quality of the worked performed. John, Dom and Rich was very flexible and accommodating. The renovation took a little longer than planned even taking into account the unexpected issues we encountered and the various changes we requested.
- Top Dog Construction LLCExtremely well. Bruce came out and gave an estimate. Kevin directed the work and kept us in the loop all the time. They arrived when they said they would, did excellent work, cleaned up the work spaces, were not noisy. Will definitely call on them again, and highly recommend.
- Lo's Contracting, Inc.Timely despite COVID 19 just beginning to interfere with everything. Oversaw renovations but really needed no supervision and all changes were readily available and efficient.
- Jackson ConstructionIt was spectacular!!! Dorson is a true professional and a delight to work with that can suggest alternatives and resolve problems and is willing to modify. He was great at laying out the detail and cost up front and clear on changes. He was on task and available and has a great team of sub-contractors. The job went smooth (a lot better than I expected) and I was informed along the way. I did a significant ($$$$$) remodel to modify a house for ADA and comfort: modified 3 baths for wheelchairs with a roll in shower/drop down seat, ada height sinks, widened all doorways, installed tile (heated in baths) and hardwood throughout house, significantly increased kitchen island with adjustable height breakfast bar (work height to seating height) and modified a lot of cabinetry with full height pull out pantries, pull up door over pull out work surfaces and soft close hinges and drawer pulls). Modified air circulation by upgrading to quiet dual speed fans in baths/laundry (always on low and increase when someone enters) that really improves the air quality through the house and added a high volume hood over the gas cooktop requiring make-up air vents. We added ornamental iron framed privacy screens in the back yard. Extensive electrical: adding recessed lighting and fans, modifying all lighting to LED, modifying to "smart" controls, heated floors, heated toto bidet toilet seats, splitting existing circuits and adding circuits and emergency access for generator on vital circuits. New plumbing and electrical fixtures throughout. Even redirecting the dryer vent. A big job with lots of hurdles, a little learning for us both and changes along the way. It was an awesome job that I am very pleased with. I would certainly hire Dorson again!!! read less
- Gentry Family Construction LLCVery well, the side door and attic pull down I purchased were beyond my ability to install. The side door was originally 32 inches and I bought a 36 inch so framing had to be altered. The attic rafter and one truss had to be reframed and considerable skill was needed to fit it. Their bid included providing a new attic window to illuminate the storage floor area I was adding and locating it. They did an exceptional job. The next door neighbor saw it and asked for a bid. The front garage door horizontal framing member was soft and in removing it as the original bid contempated rot was found into the OSB sheathing above and the edge of the glue lam beam needed to be repaired. The original contract noted extra rot discovered in a repair would be solved at extra cost. I readlly agreed and when the unforeseen rot was exposed they provided a great cost effective repair at very reasonable additional bid including new siding and the missing Z flashing and vapor barrier missing in the original construction of the home that led to this problem. I have asked for a bid to extend the eave to help shield the new side garage door. I found them on Craig's List and their expertise and family friendly service and very fair prices was really proven. I remodeled a house thirty years ago and am semi retired. I was also a career claim adjuster and manager, and have that experience with construction bids. I am also on my condo association board of directors and see a lot of water damage problems and repair bids. I give Gentry Family Construction LLC my highest recommendation read less
- SFW Construction LLCLevi and his team were professional and communicated well about the status of the project. They ended up spending 32 hrs to repair the leak, but didn't stop when they initially couldn't find the source of the water. They double checked with me along the way to make sure the job was completed how I wanted it. They also were ok with me hiring an outside painter to come finish the job. After my initial purchase from Angie's list I was contacted very shortly after by SFW and told that there would be a 7 wk lead time (not a problem). At 9 wk past this exchange, I emailed the office, after hearing nothing, and they let me know that it would still be a couple of weeks. Timing was not a problem on my end, but the lack of update was slightly annoying considering I needed to arrange my schedule to let the team into my home. Additionally, there was no notification that a trailer full of tools would be dropped off in front of my home the day before the work started. Again, this wasn't an issue, I was just surprised to see the trailer when I arrived home from work. In some cases, that may cause issues for customers. In general, the work performed was of high quality and very professional read less
- Jackson ConstructionDorson responded immediately to our call and met twice with me at the property, with our insurance adjuster. He provided detailed bid pricing, and created drawings for the repair work the very next day. His quick response and ability to work with and explain the scope of the job to the insurance adjuster made the approval process easy. Dorson has applied for the necessary building permit and plans to start the repair as soon as the permit is received and weather cooperates. I will provide an update once the work is done read less
Contractors in Salem
- Business Description:With more than 15 years of industry experience, Apex Paint and Remodel is a shining example of where exceptional customer service meets quality craftsmanship. Our team of skilled tradesman understand that we are not just entering a job site, but rather, your home or business. As guests in your space, we respect this by being clean, courteous, and as unobtrusive as possible throughout your painting, staining, or remodeling project. Your satisfaction is our mission read lessRecent Review:I am beyond pleased with the work provided by this company! My 4100 sq ft house and 72' x 48' two story barn were in need of a paint job and some repairs. From the onset, communication with the owner, Evan, and their estimator, Brady, was clear and concise. Evan worked diligently in getting the paint I wanted despite there being a shortage of quality paint this year. The primary work crew consisted of the lead, Richard, and Eric with other members rotating. These guys did an absolutely awesome paint job! They were meticulous and detailed oriented; they arrived on time and left the job site spotless every day. Toward the end of the project, I made a list of items to be corrected. I shouldn't have bothered because without even looking at my list, Richard had noted and corrected each item (as well as items I had overlooked). Eric must have goat DNA as he was perched on 40' ladders and still able to do an amazing job. I was extremely pleased with the wood repairs performed by Justin. Everybody with whom I came into contact had a positive attitude throughout the project. What a refreshing feeling to know they liked their job and the company. It makes all the difference in the kind of work they produce. Does it sound like I would recommend this company? In a heartbeat!! This is a quality company that provided a top-notched product. I am thrilled with the entire job provided by Apex and would use them again read lessBel F.
- Business Description:We are a small family owned company with a total of 10 employees. We are always striving to provide the best possible services while also keeping our standards very high. Ccb#185859Recent Review:My roof looks amazing. Im definately recommending these guys. Cravenho is fair and they did a amazing job.Mary C.
- Business Description:Josh has been providing quality craftmanship and exceptional customer service for over 20 years. He listens to his customers wants and needs to create a space that is how they envisioned. Give him a call today for your free estimate read lessRecent Review:It went perfect. He is very professional and is an excellent worker.Dan K.
- Business Description:Kaufman Homes is your one-stop shop for everything from changing a hard to reach light bulb to designing and building a large custom home. We pride ourselves in uncompromised quality, realistic budgets, business integrity, and building lasting customer relationships, no matter the size of job or type of work. Kaufman Homes is located in Salem, Oregon but does work in many outlying communities as far reaching as the coast, Bend, and Vancouver, Washington. We are a general contracting firm but.. read lessRecent Review:We just sold our home - 11 years old, and the Inspector had a difficult time finding any issues. A few minor ones were found and Kaufman Maintenance took care of them ASAP in a very professional manner. They are a professional team and cost-effective in caring for any needed repairs! They are extremely cordial to work with - a great team to have in your home and keeping it tip top!! Gordon and Shari Kell read lessGordon K.
- Business Description:Hello, Eric Baer here. I am the owner of Eric's Quality Building. I look at the jobs, price the work and run my own crew. I hire 4-5 employees and we try to keep our customers happy. We don't want to do just one project for you, we would like to be back again and meet your building needs for future projects also. We accept check and credit cards. (credit card purchases subject to a processing fee read lessRecent Review:I got a number of bids for this job. I chose Eric because he was very responsive and willing to work with us. His communication was excellent. He and his crew worked efficiently to remove old fence and get the yard closed in again. I have a big yard with lots of new plants. They moved materials and equipment carefully without damaging my plants. We had an issue with some unsatisfactory pickets which he fixed willingly. The fence looks great. Gates are solid well-built. Thorough clean up too. Eric was very professional and helpful in this big project. I would hire him again and have already passed his name on to a number of friends. read lessDeborah B.
- Business Description:In business since 2011, we specialize in providing first rate service and flooring products at a great price. No fluff or extras. Call us for a showroom appointment to see how we can help you with your Flooring Needs. We do Carpet, Hardwood, Vinyl, and Tile. Let us make your home even more beautiful with new floors. DBA- Black Oak Construction & Surfaces Northwest LL read lessRecent Review:Vendor arrived at the appointed time, reviewed work involved, and set about to complete the task. Surrounding areas were covered and once cover removed, area vacuumed and wiped down. Pleasant demeanor but no nonsense. Would gladly hire again read lessLee B.
- Business Description:Gresham Roofing and Construction are a “full service” residential, commercial, & industrial roofing and remodeling company. We specialize in everything from new roof installation, roof restoration, roof maintenance, re-roofs, roof leaks, roof repairs, new roof construction, green roofing, flat roofs, composition roofs, and shake roofs , to complete home repair . Gresham Roofing and Construction are a fully licensed roofing contractor in both Oregon & Washington. We are currently servicing .. read lessRecent Review:Les and his crew were great to work with. Very thorough and had a great attention to detail. Also, they did a great job of clean up after, picking up all nails and rolling over everything with a magnet. As advertised, quality work, competitive price and easy to work with. Our roof wasn't easy either... 10/12 pitch over half the job read lessBart S.
- Business Description:*Proud Super Service Award Winner 2011 - 2019 With over 30 years experience in all phases of residential and small commercial construction, including design and architectural services. We are a small, high quality residential and small commercial remodeling and home improvement company based in Portland, Oregon. Our team consists of professionals representing the best in home remodeling, design, and renovation. We provide expertise in design, installation, plumbing, electrical, and planning .. read lessRecent Review:Paul and Mark spent a few months with us to make our master bath and kitchen remodels reality. Each room was its own project. We had a few setbacks due to materials availability and weather but nothing that would keep Paul and his crew from returning and finishing our projects. Paul Cottle runs an honest business, is a very trustworthy person, and only employs the most hardworking and honest tradespeople I have ever meant. We could relax and work with them working in the house and not be concerned. Paul took all of our concerns very seriously and made sure we were happy every step of the way. We were always told about issues they found and how they would be fixed and when we could expect the electrical and plumbing subs to come. Paul told us what decisions we would need to make at the beginning of the projects and when finishing materials were needed along the way. With the exception of paint, lighting, hardware, and woodwork, we sourced out the finishes, cabinetry, and fixtures ourselves with Mark and Paul's guidance. Per our request, Mark was able to save our existing kitchen solid surface countertops and sink. The worksite was kept very clean. Even though walls and celings came down, we never had much in the way of dust. If we determined we wanted additional changes or had other small jobs done in other areas of the house, Paul's charges for all of those "extras" were very reasonable and his crew very accommodating. The bathroom was completely finished before the kitchen was started which we really appreciated. Nothing was left half done nor incomplete. We looked forward to the subs coming to do the finish work because that meant we were almost done with each room! We entrusted our home with Paul's construction company and now our master bath is a beautiful space and we have the most wonderful kichen we thought we would ever have read lessAndrea K.
- Business Description:Top Dog Construction specializes in residential remodel. Whether you want to remodel your kitchen or bathroom, or you need a quote on windows, siding, painting, roofing, heating/air conditioning or anything residential we are here to do the job. We have a great reputation! We focus on doing quality work, keeping our customers in the loop throughout every project and keeping our prices in line with industry standards. We show up when we say we are going to show up and we leave our job sites c.. read lessRecent Review:Extremely well. Bruce came out and gave an estimate. Kevin directed the work and kept us in the loop all the time. They arrived when they said they would, did excellent work, cleaned up the work spaces, were not noisy. Will definitely call on them again, and highly recommend read lessMary L.
- Business Description:Neil Kelly is the largest design-build remodeler in the Pacific Northwest, offering remodeling, home improvement and solar energy services through our design centers in Bend, Eugene, Lake Oswego, Portland and Seattle. For 70 years, we’ve been building a reputation for designs, outstanding craftsmanship, uncommonly good service, and consistently satisfied clients. We are a pioneer in the design/build process in the Northwest and strive to incorporate green design and remodeling elements in all.. read lessRecent Review:Excellent. High quality, attention to detail.Timothy J. N.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Mount Angel
- Saint Paul
general contractors in Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Abarca Construction27426 SW Copper Creek Loop
- Adagio Construction3857 Helen Ave SE
- Affordable construction and remodeling LLC9984 mill creek rd
- All Services Construction535 E Main St
- All Wood RestorationPO Box 66
- Ambience Remodeling240 Judson St S
- An Ernest Handyman, LLC1573 Leewood Ave, NE
- Apex Paint and Remodel LLC2945 Eric Ct NW
- Archetype1540 SW 53rd St
- Artisan Exterior Construction1129 Dahlia St
- Abarca Construction
- B and W Builders LLC20 E Airport #207
- B&H Construction Contractors, LLC Stayton, OR1840 Pacific ct.
- Backyard Construction4676 Commercial St SE PMB #102
- Baillie Construction & Remodeling, LLC5 Berwick Ct
- BCH Construction Inc.PO Box 871
- Beaverstate construction Services LLC1760 Eider St SE
- BERTOLUCCI CONSTRUCTION2385 LIBERTY ST NE
- Best For Less Siding Inc347 Park Pl S
- Black Oak Construction, LLC5375 Commercial St SE
- Blakely Plumbing IncPO Box 7954
- Bridgewood Builder Inc5352 Tamara Ct. S
- B and W Builders LLC
- C&R Remodeling1160 Vista Ave SE
- Callaway Construction CompanyPO Box 3290
- Cascade Carpentry & Construction Inc2048 Park ave NE
- CBGC Construction llc.1500 2nd Ave SE
- Central Valley Construction Group, LLC132 Glynbrook St 100
- Chalker Home Services750 Queen Ave SE 1
- Classic Pro Contractors Inc.P.O. Box 22590
- Colorwave Painting Of Oregon LLC14290 Marjorie Ln Apt 1080
Oregon City, Oregon
- Cramer Construction L.L.C.P.o. Box 1806
- Cravenho Construction & Building1420 McDonald St NE
- Creative Contractors & Design LLC.15357 Union School Rd NE
- Crowsfoot Carpentry LLCPO Box 1751
- Cypress Homes1365 Overlook Ave NW
- C&R Remodeling
- Faville Custom ContractingP.O. Box 20891
- Fitzpatrick Painting IncPO Box 2376
- Flawless Remodeling And Construction275 Riviera Dr ne
- Fountain Construction409 high street
- Freestyle Construction
- Frontier Construction3535 Fairview Industrial Dr SE
- Faville Custom Contracting
- Gary Sprauer Construction Company38368 Scrabel Hill Road
- Gateway Homes & Remodeling7671 Howell Prairie Rd NE
- Gentry Family Construction LLC4273 Sylvia Ct SE
- Gold Trowel LLC615 Oak Ave
- Golden Rule Remodeling & Design Inc1120 Commercial Street SE #150
- GRANITE TRUST4293 Tiffany Pl NE
- Green Rising Construction, LLCPO Box 7276
- Gresham Roofing and Construction16921 Southeast Tristin Avenue
Happy Valley, Oregon
- Gary Sprauer Construction Company
- H Wallace ConstructionPO Box 1227
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Happy Construction LLC5205 9th Ct SE
- Harmony Contracting1348 NE Zachary St
- Helios Greenhouses2090 Commercial St. NE
- Hokland Home Builders & Remodeling235 Larkspur St
- HOMEMASTERS Portland SW7225 SW Bonita Rd
- HOMEWORK5096 COPPER CREEK LP NE
- Honey Do Services llcP.O Box 2642
- Hooley HomesPO Box 2514
- H Wallace Construction
- J PARMELE CONSTRUCTION32086 BIRDFOOT DR
- J&S Contractors Llc
Silver Spring, Maryland
- Jack of Trades, IncP.O. Box 95
- Jackson ConstructionPO Box 3912
- Jeff Hunter Construction2056 SE Jackson St
- John Dom & Rich 4803 Carriage Ct NE
- Josh Lowe's Dr Energy Saver3922 West 1st Ave
- Joshua Simonson General contractor 401 Nursery St
- J PARMELE CONSTRUCTION
- M & D CABINETS & MILLWORK2915 EVANSTON ST NE
- MACKIE CARPENTRY LLC1119 Smith Ave
- Maier Roofing Co Inc1120 Hill St SE
- MALONE CONSTRUCTION LLCPO BOX 18341
- Mangrum Construction37171 Oregon 226
- Mark Anthony Construction LLC335 Bradley Dr
- Master Woodworks IncP.O. Box 5759
- Mayday services 9655 SW North Dakota St
- Michael Angelo Exteriors581 Lancaster Dr SE # 322
- Mike Hemmer Construction1314 NW Jordan DR
- Mo's Maintenance LLC2923 NE Conser St
- Mount Angel Carpentry740 Alder St
Mount Angel, Oregon
- M & D CABINETS & MILLWORK
- On Point Wood Flooring955 Baxter rd se
- On Point Wood Flooring