Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Salem, OR
There are 11 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Salem
- A AFFORDABLE SEPTIC SERVICE LLCWe sold our home and a septic inspection was needed. A Affordable did both the inspection and some minor follow up service that was needed. In both cases they actually arrived earlier than scheduled (having called for permission each time), and their service was first rate. After the repairs we discovered that their probing into the ground had punctured one of our underground sprinkler pipes, which they promptly fixed. Their communications are excellent. I highly recommend this service read less
- SPEEDY SEPTICWhen the crew understood how concerned I was about the entire condition of the septic system, they took the time to explain to me every detail of what needed to be done, what they were doing at the time, and how the system would work with the pump when the project was completed. Every crew member was professional, courteous and skilled at what looked to me to be a complicated (and icky) job. I received multiple phone calls to ensure I knew when they were coming and what was to be done. There were no surprises for me, and I can flush with confidence thanks to them knowing that my brand new tank and pump are installed 100% correctly. (It easily passed county inspection.) This was an excellent experience, and I would hire them again in a heartbeat read less
- CARL'S SEPTIC TANK CLEANINGTodd and crew did a great job. Came right out the same day that I called, pumped the tank and we were done.
- AFFORDABLE SEPTIC SYSTEMSIt went really well. They were very good about explaining what they were doing and why. they performed everything we asked them to do. called to let me know that they were running late due to farm equipment on the roads from Lebanon - we live in Corvallis. It was a great experience. I will hire them again when I need anything done read less
- AFFORDABLE SEPTIC SYSTEMSAwesome response time, actually got the repair date moved up, very professional on the troubleshooting and repair of drainfield lines. I also loved that they didn't just jump to replace for a much higher cost.
- Ace Septic Service and Chemical ToiletsExcellent Same day service, prompt, professional, personable employee, comparable price, actually less than I paid 5 years ago,
- GROSS SEPTIC & DRAINIt was a very good experience. They were on time and the work was timely and professional. I would definitely use them again!!
- AFFORDABLE SEPTIC SYSTEMSI would hire these people any time! The response time was terrific, they were careful, clean and professional. Thank you Angie's List for the reference!
- A & B Septic ServiceInitially, our lines appeared to be clogged. Starting with the easiest solution first, we called in the evening for a septic pump. They scheduled a time the very next day, and about a 1/2 hour out, the driver called to say he was coming. The driver pumped the tank and spent significant time checking to see why the toilets weren't flushing after the pumping. He directed my excavation and helped to discover a broken pipe. He called his office and explained specifically what was going on, and what they needed. He also helped identify what I could do with my backhoe to save money. He navigated our driveway with a very big truck - one of the only ones to do so without ripping it up. The next day, they juggled the schedule to send out technicians so that I wouldn't miss a late afternoon business meeting. They instructed me in the excavation of the remaining pipe in question and quickly repaired it. I know for a fact that one of the technicians had an important event to attend to, but instead, they didn't skip this last appointment even though they were running later than they'd expected. They did call to say so. I was very impressed, to say the least. We've used this company for years as they initially saved us about $2100 when Rescue Rooter was attempting to hold us for ransom. I would unequivocally say that they do what is in the customer's best interest - a rarity these days read less
- CARL'S SEPTIC TANK CLEANINGWe called Todd yesterday and he set an appointment for 10 AM this morning. At 9:05 AM we heard his truck and went out to greet him. We showed him where the septic tank was and he quickly uncovered the cleanout port (5 minutes). He opened the tank and set up to pump it to his truck. After pumping the tank he closed up the tank and replaced the sod that had been dug up. All told he was at our home less than an hour. Todd was friendly, courteous, and very professional. I highly recommend Carl's Septic Tank Cleaning service read less
Septic Tank Companies in Salem
- Business Description:Outback Excavating is a family-owned, full-service Excavating company based in Canby, Oregon. The Schmidt family has owned and operated the company since 2005 with George Schmidt and worked primarily out of Central Oregon. With George’s retirement, his son Chris stepped in to take over the reins and hasn’t looked back since, although George still helps out with projects as he can. Between the two Schmidts, there is over 50 years of excavating experience on the Outback Excavating team. From j.. read lessRecent Review:Very knowledgeable, and very willing to share his knowledge. He did a lot for me without charging.Larry C.
- Business Description:Are you in need of sewer repair? Do you have standing water in your crawlspace, a soggy yard, wet basement, broken or clogged roof drains or driveway puddles? Do you need a new dry well, french drain or just some grading? Check out our website to see how we can help you or just give us a call. We can set up an appointment for a free estimate to give you a professional evaluation of your drainage needs. Drainage Masters will give you an effective plan of action, quality work and competitive pr.. read lessRecent Review:Our basement flooded in January 2021. Drainage Master was one of 3 estimates we obtained. Seth inspected the situation and suggested and exterior drainage system The our two estimates we for interior systems with a sump pump. The other two companies would not provide an estimate for and exterior system. Also the estimate did not include the cost to repair damage the installation of an interior system would do to a finished basement. The crew was great the foreman answered all of our questions the job was done on time and in budget. I would highly recommend them read lessGeorge W.
- Business Description:Boasting over 20 years experience, our service professionals will take care of any environmental issue you are experiencing. We are available 24/7 so contact us now!Recent Review:They were very good. There price was in line with everybody else.Beverley B.
- Business Description:When you call Budget Rooter Plumbing Service you will talk to a live person 24 hours a day. We respect you and your property by having carpets to put down on the floor to stop damage, we clean up after ourselves like we weren't even there. You receive a free & quick plumbing inspection with every job. A more complete inspection upon request. When you call us, a license journeyman plumber will show up on time to do all the work from drain cleaning to a remodel. Additional contact name Angela D.. read lessRecent Review:Brad and Josh were great; they were on time, did the jobs, were professional and pleasant. I have always used this company and been very satisfied.ANNE R.
- Business Description:We're innovative, hard working and we get the job done right from the science to the site. From our administration team, to the project managers and field crews, our employees are highly skilled and thoroughly trained professionals. We specialize in air quality testing and mitigation (Radon), underground tank decommissioning, sewer inspection & repair, directional drilling, environmental site assessments and environmental restoration read lessRecent Review:I hired Environmental Works on the recommendation of a co-worker. Not only was it the least expensive of the three bids I received but it was also the only company that offered a lifetime guarantee on its work. The entire installation of a radon mitigation system in my home took less than six hours. The company guarantees that its radon mitigation system can keep radon levels below 2.7 pCi/L. A three-month radon monitoring test, completed ten months after the installation of my mitigation system, indicated radon levels at 1.4 pCi/L. I am very pleased with the work that was performed at my home read lessKen R.
- Business Description:Walton Excavating is a family owned excavation company specializing in Residential and small commercial excavation projects. We deliver quality excavation services from site prep and utilities to final grade, upholding the highest standards of professionalism in the industry. Our Family commits to practicing core values of honesty, fairness and exceptional workmanship throughout every part of each project. We aim to create lasting impressions by meeting each and every objective with excellence. read lessRecent Review:It really went excellent! Not only was the workmanship excellent both Jessie and Brian were courteous, kind and a pleasure to be around.Courtney H.
- Business Description:We are a residential and commercial environmental consulting and remediation company. Serving the greater Portland, OR, area for over 16 years, we have the experience and knowledge to handle just about anything. We offer a variety of services from mold assessment and remediation to radon testing and mitigation and tank services. We provide project oversight and technical review for projects big and small. This includes site analysis, mold assessment, and the remediation of toxins. We also off.. read lessRecent Review:All of the jobs went well, they are very communicative and responsive. The home owner was pleased with the work done.Kim A.
- Business Description:At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes.. read lessRecent Review:The plumbers (one in training) arrived on time, were knowledgeable about the job, used quality parts, and worked efficiently to complete the job in a timely manner. They were also very professional, courteous and friendly read lessMargaret B.
- Business Description:Plumbing problems don’t usually solve themselves, that’s why you need an experienced plumber right now. With 11 fully stocked service vans your issues get solved quickly. Just give us a call and you’ll have a plumber at your door right away. Our services include the following plus much more read lessRecent Review:Jeff Orick fixed our toilet very quickly. The work came in under the quoted amount.BOBBI C.
- Business Description:Lovett and its 60 employees have been making happy customers for 15 years servicing Oregon & Washington.Recent Review:Lovett was amazing. I had an active water leak coming from the the 2nd floor to the 1st, a plumbing emergency. They came within hours to help when no one else would. I had called many other places and was told they were booked weeks to a month out even for my emergency. Then I was referred to Lovett and they came the same day! I am so great full to them read lessNancy M.
Deals in Salem for Septic Tank
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- Mount Angel
- Saint Paul
septic tank services in Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & B Septic Service101 41st Ave SE
- A1 Plumbing, Inc1940 McGilchrist St SE
- Ace Septic Service and Chemical ToiletsPO Box 9177
- Advanced underground LLC19895 Summit Hwy
- AFFORDABLE SEPTIC SYSTEMS32948 BREWSTER RD
- Alpha Environmental Services Inc11080 SW Allen Blvd Ste 100
- American Rooter149 41st Ave
- Angel's Septic and repair
- A & B Septic Service
- Budget Rooter Plumbing Service2050 Vista Ave SE Ste 120
- Budget Rooter Plumbing Service
- Homers Excavation24809 Larson Rd
- Homers Excavation
- Jackson ConstructionPO Box 3912
- Jackson Construction
- LOVETT IncPO Box 86280
- LOVETT Inc
- New Line Construction6317 Nicklaus Loop N
- New Line Construction
- Plumb Line Construction & Maintenance3949 Dakota RD SE
- Plumb Line Construction & Maintenance
- RAY'S SEPTIC TANK SVC149 41ST AVE SE
- Rescue Rooter / Jack Howk Portland12430 SE Capps Rd
- Rick Robinson Trucking & Excavating30899 Peterson Rd
- RML Timber Services LLC
- Royal Flush Environmental Services Inc1574 Coburg Rd # 519
- RAY'S SEPTIC TANK SVC
- Stutzman Excavating2250 Three Lakes Rd SE
- Stutzman Excavating