Hydronic baseboard heaters use water to distribute radiant heat. This makes them more energy-efficient and cost-effective than conventional electric types. Learn more about hydronic baseboard heaters and the pros and cons of their operation.
Get matched with top rated HVAC companies in North Monmouth, ME
There are 10 highly-rated local hvac contractors.
Recent HVAC Companies Reviews in North Monmouth
- JV Heat Pump ServicesJosh is an excellent HVAC contractor, and person! He went above and beyond to help us get exactly the systems, timing, placement, and pricing we desired. From our very first contact, Josh was very detailed and thorough. His work was neat and tidy and looked great. The systems are all working wonderfully. We were so glad to have had the chance to work with him and we would recommend him 100
- York Heating ServicesJoel and John did a fantastic job! They finished the job quickly, were very professional and friendly, and answered all our questions along the way. And our new basement base board is working great! We 100% recommend their services!
- JV Heat Pump ServicesEverything worked perfectly! All the installation was neatly done. It was all installed within the time frame quoted. He was very knowledgeable on the proper size heat pump that we needed and the best locations for them. He also was very good explaining how to operate them to obtain the most efficiency. We highly recommend his service
- York Heating ServicesVery well. I am very impressed with the work and professional attitude of York Heating Services. I will always reach out to York Heating for my boiler repair and service. My York makes it a point to educate me as well. He will fix the problem and explain to me what caused the problem. I will not hesitate to refer York Heating to all my neighbors. I would rate them a ten on a one to ten scale. Sincerely, Sean Bennett Pownal, Main
- SilaDuring an August heat wave, we finally decided we'd waited long enough (4 years) to upgrade an inadequate window a/c in our finished attic space, used as my spouse's home office. But we weren't sure what the best solution was: Did we need a bigger window a/c? A sunshade over the a/c? A through-the-wall a/c? A better attic ventilation system? We needed advice. I contacted several Heating and A/C contractors listed on Angie's List. One was a bit rude, suggesting that they couldn't help me unless I knew exactly what I wanted. Another couldn't help us until next spring. Finally, I contacted Unique Indoor Comfort, who were able to schedule a visit within just a couple of days. The salesperson arrived punctually, and understood immediately from the shoes piled in the front foyer that ours was a shoeless house. He obliged by removing his shoes without comment. After measuring the attic space, and discussing our needs, he recommended a 17,000 BTU Mitsubishi "Mr Slim" split ductless A/C unit, which they could install by the end of the following week, for $4,500. He did not suggest any other options for us. For example, he didn't know how effective window film (a popular and cheap way to reduce heat loss in winter and solar gain in summer) would be. He didn't propose any other brands. He left us with a written estimate and a slick Mitsubishi brochure, and we agreed to think it over. He also recommended an electrician to do the wiring part of the installation. I contacted him, and he came over promptly to give his estimate ($700) for the electrical work. Meanwhile, I did the requisite research into ductless a/c units in general, and the "Mr Slim" in particular, and concluded that this could be a good solution for us. Based on my past experience with electricians, the electrical estimate seemed reasonable, too. On installation day (the following week, as promised), the crew arrived on time. With everyone present (I, spouse, salesman, installers, electrician), we chose the best location for the interior and exterior parts of the system. Once I saw how compact the whole system was, I asked about putting one of these systems in my own home office, too. The sales guy gave me an estimate for the second unit (9,000BTU: $3500, installed). He said they could install it right then and there. Electrician asked for another $500. We discussed it for a few minutes, and said "Yes". By the end of the day, both units were installed. One was fully operational; the second required a return visit from the electrician, as he hadn't been expecting to install 2 units on such short notice. The installers left the house spotlessly clean. We are very pleased with the results. These "split ductless" units are astonishingly quiet (you easily can hold a phone conversation sitting right next to the interior unit). The process -- from first phone call through installation to final payment -- went quickly and smoothly
- Coastal Mechanical ServicesBrian and Todd did a great job installing my new propane furnace. They finished the job on time and within their quote, were professional and courteous in all their dealings with me and excellent communicators.
- Weltman Plumbing Heating & AirThey provide good service. They are usually prompt, they come on time, friendly and explain everything that they are doing.
- All Seasons Heating & AirGreat! The job was fairly extensive and required 2 different visits to solve the problem completely, though they didn't charge me for any of the extra "detective" work. They were pleasant and professional at all times, and the pricing was competitive! I would highly recommend them to others.
- Stone HeatingWas in a jam last winter when the furnace went. Responded can fixed everything quickly for a reasonable price. Will be doing my yearly maintenance from now on.
- Mid-Coast Energy Systems IncWaiting on a quote but there call back person was very nice helpful and a joy to speak with understood my other issues with other companies and had compassion for what I've been throw with out her companies! They maybe out of my area of service but I'd highly recommend them just on call and confidence if the caller (Robert) thank you! Hope to have you guys as my full time heating and plumming
Top Rated HVAC Companies in North Monmouth
- Business Description:Specializes in servicing oil heat appliances such as a furnace or boiler. Can perform service related repairs, replace worn out or broken parts and do preventative maintenance like tune ups or annual cleanings. Licensed Journeyman and Insured.Recent Review:Joel and John did a fantastic job! They finished the job quickly, were very professional and friendly, and answered all our questions along the way. And our new basement base board is working great! We 100% recommend their servicesEric C.
- Business Description:Maine Solar Solutions designs and installs solar electric systems for residential and commercial customers throughout southern Maine. We offer a consultative approach to help you achieve lower utility costs and energy independenceRecent Review:Just excellent! Thorough assessment of our site, really personable/knowledgable crews, and great communication throughout the entire process.Dan T.
- Business Description:Electrical Contracltor, Master Electrican, fully insured.Recent Review:Great after talking to Mr Collins he suggested it was a GFI outlet issue. I didn't think there were any in the basement of my 100 yo house. He said he's come out after work. After we hung up I started checking and sure enough the whole string of outlets is on a several GFIs. I never noticed they were GFIs because they are all beige instead of red/black like the others. This call saved me a lot time and money. I've waited 4 weeks for an appt from another company. Guess from now on I'll now be using Collins ElectricTracey A.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:25 yrs. experience helping people of Maine with their residential and commercial electrical projectsRecent Review:WC Omlor was professional, on schedule and on budget while providing quality work.Allen S.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space & Foundation Repair experts since 1991. Free estimates & inspections.Recent Review:To start, this was our situation: our basement has three "rooms", one of which is predominantly a crawl space area. In this section, there is a lot of ledge in the basement, and a LOT of water worked its way into our basement with every rainstorm. On top of this, the crawl space section was closest to the stairwell, so the mildewy smell kind of permeated throughout the house. TC Hafford was extremely easy to work with. Our initial estimate was fast, easy, and informative. They will actually send you detailed brochures and outlines of how they're going to waterproof your space. From there, it became obvious that the customer service and workers really cared about the quality of their work, and in making sure we were happy every step of the way. The service was fantastic, and we always felt "in the loop". The job took slightly longer than expected (it was not an easy job), but the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. What we ultimately had done was this: the team encapsulated our entire crawlspace with the CleanSpace and Waterguard system, then installed a single sump pump to replace the two we already had. To do this, they needed to install Waterguard drainage piping with crushed rock throughtout the basement (which was later cemented over again so it's unobtrusive). Then they covered the ledge and unfinished parts of the basement with CleanSpace with Waterguard underneath, which keeps the moisture separate from the rest of the basement and allows the piping to carry any water down to the sump pump. They then installed a drainage system that led away from the house (again, as unobtrusive and well-done as possible). Given our experience as a whole, we plan to call TC Hafford in the future with any needs, and would definitely recommend themSean H.
- Business Description:Chuck The Water Guy, owner of Mainely Water LLC, has more than 36 years of experience in water softening Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters, Rinnai Direct Vent Wall Furnaces. We specialize in helping residential and small commercial customers with all of these products. We are a local Maine small business… family owned. We carry a large inventory to meet your needs. And we have the experience and expertise to make a proper assessment of your needs and properly service or install your choice of sys..Recent Review:Chuck got the appropriate model in advance and installed it. It is working flawlessly. Several local techs--supposedly trained in Rinnai products--had serviced the heater and not seen a very obvious flaw, a missing external drain hose, leading to the premature rusting and death of the heater. He fitted the work into his busy schedule even though I told him that speed was unnecessary. He was concerned that I have hot water since I had just had major surgery and couldn't drive to shower at the YMCA for several weeks. He returned right away when, a few days later, a mouse invaded the vent. He uses communication technology: it took seconds to pay via Quicken (though it would be nice to have all the details, e.g., parts, labor, discounts, on one document for a visit). The Mainely Water website has a lot of info on systems, problems, and solutions in very clear language; and it's so convenient that I can text him when I'm free instead of, say, having to wait for an 8 AM business opening (when I'll be working and unable to call). Maine winters are long and cold, and it's reassuring to have a competent, considerate proSusan M.
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Thank you so much for all your support with our properties. You are good to your word and provide excellent customer service. You always manage to have someone professional and courteous answer our calls live. We are very satisfied with you and 100% recommendedWalter L.
- Business Description:Since 1999, we've helped millions of people save money and fix their broken appliances quickly by providing quality parts and free repair help. 365 days to return any part. Amazingly fast shipping. It's better with the Pros!™ Avoid costly service calls - visit us at http://www.appliancepartspros.coRecent Review:Worked great. Good price, fast shipping. Fit like a charm.Alan T.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful HVAC contractor articles
Is your furnace on its last legs or should it last many more years? Here’s how long a furnace should last, plus get tips on how to extend its life.
Air ducts help circulate hot or cool air around your home. We’ll cover exactly what air ducts are and why they matter, along with how often you should clean and service them to keep them in tip-top shape.
HVAC Contractors in North Monmouth, ME
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Advanced Spray Foam227 Neck Rd
- AFC - Augusta Fuel Co.4 Northern Ave
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- All Set Automotive and Detailing135 Augusta Road
- American Home SystemsP.O. Box 281
- Apex Radiators209 Main Street
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- Ashes to Ashes Pellet Stove Care146 madawaska rd
- ASK Mechanical22 Hidden Creek
- Advanced Spray Foam
- Fabian Oil20 Oak St
- Fabian Oil
- Insource Renewables287 Somerset Ave
- Insource Renewables
- Maine Heat Pumps & Services
- Maine Solar Solutions, llc491 US ROUTE 1
- Mainely WaterPO Box 21
- Maritime Energy - Rockland234 Park St
- Marrone Electrical Service35 Canal St Ste D
- Mid-Coast Energy Systems IncPO Box 1118
- MidMaine Mechanical LLC11 S. Road
- Mitchells Heating and CoolingPO Box 364
- Maine Heat Pumps & Services
- Paul's Plumbing & HeatingPo Box 358 / 241 Rt. 3
South China, Maine
- Pearl Contractors118 Moosehead Trail Suite #2
- Pine Ridge Heating & Plumbing Inc.474 Lower Rd
- Plumb CrazyP O Box 306
West Enfield, Maine
- Pop's Plumbing And Heating747 Winthrop Center Rd
- Premier Heating Services 16 Growling Bear Dr
- Paul's Plumbing & Heating
- Saco Heat Pumps, LLC.
- Second Nature (Formerly FilterEasy)333 Fayetteville St
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Steve's Appliance Service & Sales Inc6 Pond Rd
- Stroho4801 Woodway
- Sundog Solar222 E Main St
- Saco Heat Pumps, LLC.
- W C OMLOR ELECTRIC78 ROUNDSTONE DR
- Warmzone12637 S 265 W Suite 100
- Weatherization Experts214 Pond Rd
- Webber Energy, a division of Dead River Company700 Main St
- WholeHouseFanGuy.com33175 Temecula Parkway 434
- Winthrop Fuel Company, Inc.111 Route 133
- W C OMLOR ELECTRIC
- York Heating Services45 Libby Rd
- York Heating Services