Radon mitigation costs an average of $1,000.
Get matched with top radon inspectors in North Monmouth, ME
There are 4 highly-rated local radon inspectors.
Recent Radon Mitigation Reviews in North Monmouth
- Main Choice InspectionsThe price was a little expensive, but it was worth every penny. I chose the package with additional add on’s, because I wanted a comprehensive report. Tom was very thorough, professional, and knowledgeable. They saved me a ton of money by finding an issue with the septic system, that wasn’t easy to find. Tom was there for close to 4 hours and went over every aspect of the home with me in a walk through. I would highly recommend Main Choice and will definitely use them again in the future. Bill the owner was a very pleasant guy as well, and wasn’t afraid to roll his sleeves up and get dirty. Couldn’t have been happier with their services read less
- Campbell Property InspectionsJeff and team provided a very clear and detailed report. There were many helpful photos to go along with the text. I would definitely use Campbell Inspections again. And will recommend to anyone I meet looking for an inspector. They turned around a lot of information in the final report in a timely manner read less
- Mainely WaterI could not be happier! Chuck was professional and extremely knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and was willing to back up his work. The service was on time, he was respectful of my time and my home. Several other companies tried to sell me systems costing twice. The system he put in is quiet, low maintenance, and has lowered the level of radon in my water significantly below the levels he promised. The Radon is below detectable levels now. I would highly recommend this company read less
- Campbell Property InspectionsJeff is always very thorough. We have used him now for at least five different properties and we keep coming back. The reports are fantastic.
- Campbell Property InspectionsI am very pleased with the home inspection service. In respect to the pending purchase, it did not go so well for the seller because of the problems that were found. The inspection covered many important issues of concern in an objective and professional manner. I am thankful Jeff was able to schedule the appointment promptly; and even more impressed with the timeliness of the report read less
- Radon Done Right, LLCGood work and professional service, but the price is very high for the amount of materials and the installation time. There needs to be some competition in this installation service.
- Campbell Property InspectionsIt went very well. Jeff was great about explaining what he was doing and what he was looking for, he answered the questions I had, and provided insight on some of the different options we had for approaching the issues he found. I found the report he provided to be incredibly thorough and helpful. HIGHLY recommended read less
- Affordable HomeI nearly skipped the home inspection even with our limited time to investigate the house because previous home inspections I've purchased did not seem like a good value. Very grateful our realtor spoke so highly of Dan because he was able to give us a very precise indication of the condition of the house. The report we received for the home inspection cost $350, which is a little less than I have paid in the past for reports I have literally burned as kindling. In Dan's case he went through the house and left a thorough, but extremely readable report on the condition of the wiring, heating, plumbing, flooring and subflooring, insulation, attached decks etc., complete with informative photos and even thermal imaging to help decode the more convoluted systems. He came back at no charge to access parts of the house that were not accessible the first time, and offered to come back again to inspect any pre-sale repairs that might be made! This report paid for itself many times over because of how well it reflected the house's true condition, but beyond the purchase price we are able to use it on a weekly basis to address the most pressing problems first (mainly exterior ones before winter hits) and then turn to interior ones as the beautiful weather grows colder. I was very happy to get this in PDF form with many color illustrations showing exactly what needs to be done. We also benefited tremendously from Dan's recommendations in septic inspection and repair, which was my greatest point of nervousness about the purchase. In the future if I was selling a house that had not been recently inspected, I would give serious thought to hiring Affordable Home to inspect the house before I even put it on the market, so I would not be surprised with serious defects at the point of sale and so I would know what repairs to focus on. That is a big change from my previous feelings about home inspections. We have had really fine luck with professionals so far in Maine and Affordable Home provided us with a great experience read less
- Maine Radon Pro LLCThe install went very well and Clyde was responsive in communications. Although he wasn't able to complete the job in one day (a Friday) he made arrangements around my schedule to come back on the next day (Saturday) to do some work on the exhaust pipe outside the house when I wasn't available and then came back the day after that (Sunday) to finish the work in the basement when I was available. The job is neat and professional and I highly recommend read less
- Radon Done Right, LLCHe came to our house. Explained everything to us that he was going to do. He explained the materials and how the job would go. I was very pleased and happy with his work. No mess left afterwards. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this type of work. Very pleased with the price. Very polite and professional read less
Radon Testing Companies in North Monmouth
- Business Description:$100 off to Angie's List members not to be combined with any other offer. Winner of the Angie's List Super Service Award every year since 2015. At Main Choice Inspections it's our mission to make your home inspection a highlight of the home purchase. Bill Heath is the Owner and Certified Master Inspector who stands behind every inspection with the MCI guarantee, if you are not completely satisfied with the inspection he will pay for another inspector to inspect your home. (see website for det.. read lessRecent Review:Great! Everyone ( except me) was on time. Very professional, very thorough. Would recommend to anyone.Chris P.
- Business Description:Chuck The Water Guy, owner of Mainely Water LLC, has more than 36 years of experience in water softening Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters, Rinnai Direct Vent Wall Furnaces. We specialize in helping residential and small commercial customers with all of these products. We are a local Maine small business… family owned. We carry a large inventory to meet your needs. And we have the experience and expertise to make a proper assessment of your needs and properly service or install your choice of sys.. read lessRecent Review:Chuck got the appropriate model in advance and installed it. It is working flawlessly. Several local techs--supposedly trained in Rinnai products--had serviced the heater and not seen a very obvious flaw, a missing external drain hose, leading to the premature rusting and death of the heater. He fitted the work into his busy schedule even though I told him that speed was unnecessary. He was concerned that I have hot water since I had just had major surgery and couldn't drive to shower at the YMCA for several weeks. He returned right away when, a few days later, a mouse invaded the vent. He uses communication technology: it took seconds to pay via Quicken (though it would be nice to have all the details, e.g., parts, labor, discounts, on one document for a visit). The Mainely Water website has a lot of info on systems, problems, and solutions in very clear language; and it's so convenient that I can text him when I'm free instead of, say, having to wait for an 8 AM business opening (when I'll be working and unable to call). Maine winters are long and cold, and it's reassuring to have a competent, considerate pro read lessSusan M.
- Business Description:Smart Home Buyers Want to Know What They're Buying!! You're the kind of person that appreciates the value of knowledge. As a Maine Certified Home Inspector, I'm in the knowledge business. I provide Maine Home Inspection Services that quickly give you the knowledge you need to make a sound investment. In a few short hours, I will transfer everything I know about the property you're considering, into a concise and easy to understand report. With the knowledge I'll provide in your report, you'll.. read lessRecent Review:Jeff and team provided a very clear and detailed report. There were many helpful photos to go along with the text. I would definitely use Campbell Inspections again. And will recommend to anyone I meet looking for an inspector. They turned around a lot of information in the final report in a timely manner read lessAaron Y.
- Business Description:Has your home or business been damaged by a fire? Octagon Cleaning and Restoration is your Maine source for all of your fire damage recovery needs. We offer water extraction (water removal), fire and smoke restoration, water damage restoration, water damage cleanup, and fire smoke damage restoration, as well as carpet cleaning services and commercial carpet cleaning. Our services don't stop there! Are you in need of black mold removal or air duct cleaning? We have you covered! Our superior ai.. read lessRecent Review:Job started a day later than scheduled due to their equipment being down. Job was originally scheduled for 5-7 days. Job actually took 2 weeks and salesman called into the third week saying the job was done. We have never had mold remediation done before and was selling our house. The explanation of how the job would go was vague at best. This is not a process we are familiar with having never been through it before. In the estimate there was a blanket statement of “any construction materials removed will not be replaced” (once again we were never explained anything about this process in regards to things being removed). Upon the job being completed the buyer noticed there was no mention of insulation replacement. We were 2 days from closing and had to hire someone to replace the insulation. The handyman hired to replace the insulation noticed other items had been removed by octagon. We were not left a list of items removed from the residence. I was just told by Matt Brown that “that’s why I gave you a referral of a weatherization company” for 8300$ one would think you might get a verbal explanation of items needing replacement or at least an itemized list. Hope we don’t need to go through this again because as Octagon will not be contacted again read lessJim D.
- Business Description:We have been in business since 1994 we are license Mitigators for Water and Air Radon. Our goal is customer service and making our customers happy and satisfied with the equipment that we install. We also offer great financing for those who need it read lessRecent Review:A technician serviced the system by adding calcite and replacing batteries. After he left, water was very murky. I was told to purge the system by running the upstairs tub. It got better, but not before contaminating the water heater and rest of the plumbing. I tested the water hardness and it gave a very high reading. I called several times to have this addressed, but calls were not returned and when I did speak with someone, I was given excuses read lessStephen M.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR .. read lessRecent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Like most home inspectors I am a one-man operation. Please see my website for pre-inspection information and agreement(s). Payment is due after the site visit, the report will be done within 2 business days unless same day reporting is agreed in advance read less
- Business Description:We are a fully insured residential home inspection business offering our services for both buyers and sellers. we can also provide radon testing as part of services. Our inspector is a Certified Home Inspector with the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors and is a registered radon service provider with the State of Maine See my reviews on google, just search the company name Augusta Area Home Inspection; and, on HomeAdvisor under the company name read less
- Business Description:Cornerstone is a full service home inspection busines and we have been in business for 7 plus years. Jim Dickson has brought 20 years of building management, constrution oversight and environmental services into the home inspection industry. We do not take credit cards at this time, but do accept cash and checks. Payment is expected at the end of the on sight inspection. I enjoy having my clients with me during the inspection and I do my best to eduactae them on the house so they will be conf.. read less
- Business Description:Licensed Home Inspector #698 MA, #107 NH ASHI Certified Inspector #247162, Certified Level II Building Science Thermographer #31162, EDR Certified, Certified WDI Registry Inspector #90113. No Fee guarantee read lessRecent Review:Terry was absolutely perfect for the job. He was very thorough and explained everything to us in layman's terms. He was able to give us plenty of information about things to look for in old homes and had us follow him around during the inspection to point things out to us. By the time he left, we had all of the information we needed. Less than 48 hours later, we had a comprehensive inspection report sitting in our inbox. I would recommend him to anybody who is looking to know all there is to know about a house read lessKathryn S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful radon testing company articles
Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer. If your home’s levels test high, learn what to look for to make sure that radon mitigation is done correctly.
When building or remodeling, hire green architects, builders, remodeling companies and environmental inspectors to avoid buying toxic products for the home.
Find radon inspectors in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
radon inspectors in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Derby Inspections5 School Street
- Derby Inspections
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Home Radon Detection Co4 Simonton St
South Portland, Maine
- Home Radon Detection Co
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration353 Roosevelt Trail
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration
- Peak Performance Home and Building Inspections57 Windsor St
- Peak Performance Home and Building Inspections
- Radon Done Right, LLCPO Box 8295
- Radon Done Right, LLC
- Seacoast Inspections LLC263 Winnacunnet Road
Hampton, New Hampshire
- Seacoast Inspections LLC
- TP Environmental Consulting LLCPO Box 3845
- TP Environmental Consulting LLC