Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in North Monmouth, ME
There are 9 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in North Monmouth
- Dirigo Property Services LLCDid all of what was required and the work orders were canceled on last day. Being ignored about payment
- JCabido RemodelingThey gave me a fair price and did the work as promised. There were a few hiccups along the way as would be expected, but they were very fair about those and stood behind their work as promised to correct any issues. This is about all you can ask for, in my opinion, it is inevitable that hiccups occur on any big job. The important thing is how the company handles them. In this case, they resolved all issues. We sold the house and my understanding is that a problem came up with the new owners and that J. Cabido went back and fixed the problem at their cost. I would use them again
- Upright Building ServicesUpright Building Services did all work as quoted, on-time, and in a thoroughly professional manner. I intend to use their services again in the future and would recommend the same to others.
- Upright Building ServicesThis is, by far, the best experience I've ever had with a contractor. I was more than satisfied with Fred's professionalism and outlook. It is strange to write a review (particularly about a small contractor) that includes the contractor's spirituality but, the most impressive part of my experience with Fred was that he is very open about his Christian beliefs and how that guides his life....and he walks the walk; he saw that we had work that needed to be done right a away and he did it...at no cost to us. I can't wait to get him back here to do the real job. He quoted me a labor price that was very reasonable and I have absolutely no doubt that I will be as fully as satisfied with the final result as I was with what happen today. This guy is a keeper
- New Leaf ConstructionOur experience with New Leaf Construction in December led us back to hiring them again for a few additional projects we wanted completed outside this spring. The remodel of our firm over the winter was very successful and it was a pleasure to work with their crew. Their professionalism showed throughout the entirety of the project, from the quality of their work, sensitivity to our timeline, accommodating the needs of our business with as little interruption as possible, cleanliness of their work area, attention to detail, and staying on budget. I highly recommend New Leaf Construction
- New Leaf ConstructionIan and his crew were very good and did everything they said they would do quickly and professionally. The project came in on budget and time. They worked around the schedule at the church which was very important to us. The job site was kept clean and there was not interference with the activities of the church. We were very happy with the work and would definitely hire them again for any new projects
- Mcgrath CarpentryWe had a 22' X 24' deck on the back of our house on the 2nd/3rd floor. We decided to close it in and make a workout/sports room. However, to match the decor of our house we added a 2nd floor to the addition. Once Conrad started we realized we would still want a small (6 feet) deck outside the work out room. Conrad then designed a cantilver deck with a roof to protect us from the rain. This was quite the job! The top of the roof was 44 feet high and the men climbed and built some tall scaffolding, rented a huge lift and we never had any doubt that Conrad was not 100% sure he could do the job. They started the job when the said they would. Worked in the rain and on the weekends when things had to get done. Our payment was split into 3 payments. The guys were always respectful but also had a sense of humor. My husband and I are extremely satisfied with this high quality addition that we get to finish ourselves for a summer project. The work that Conrad did was excellent and we would not have any problems contacting him in the future for other jobs
- New Leaf ConstructionThe work was estimated and the contractor's crew arrived within the agreed time and did an excellent job. The price was reasonable and the workmanship was excellent. When our next house repair becomes necessary, we again will seek to engage the services of New Leaf Construction.
- New Leaf ConstructionOutstanding workmanship. Always careful to ensure we understood next steps and agreed with each part of the project. Worked around our schedule as required. Always careful to ensure cleanup. Will not consider any other contractor in the area.
- Mcgrath CarpentryDuring our most recent winter, our master bedroom sustained damage from an ice dam. The water backup created drooping patches in our ceiling as well as damage to the plaster wall. Based on work we have had done in other rooms we were certain that the walls were uninsulated so we decided to have Conrad come in and replace the damaged areas and also remodel our existing closet which allowed us to add some much needed insulation to the drafty room. We contacted Conrad to act as contractor for the job. In my dealings with Conrad, he always made it a point to return my phone calls promptly and patiently answered any questions that I had. Personally, I've been in more situations then I care to admit with contractors, plumbers, electricians, etc, where they lack the basic courtesy to return your calls. So, when you can find one who actually returns your calls you know there is a good chance you found the right one! The first day and part of the second involved demolishing the plaster walls which is not a task I envy in the slightest. We have hardwood floors and Conrad made extra care to protect them during the process by bringing in wood boards to seperate the wall residue from the floor so that none of the plaster would scratch the floors (at the time we had no idea plaster was so damaging). The remaining time was spent on Conrad and his crew insulating and drywalling the exposed areas and adding some new trim pieces to the baseboard. That same week one of Conrad's subcontractors came out and did a great job mudding and taping the new walls. The finished product looked great and required minimal sanding. Now, construction aside, my wife was, of course, only concerned about two things. The dust and the well being of our two cats. Conrad and crew did a great job cleaning up the floor afterwards (we expected we'd just have to do all of cleaning when they left) which was greatly appreciated. Also, we kept our cats locked in the basement during the ordeal and they always made sure to let the cats out of their prison before they left each day (although it's hard to tell if they appreciated the gesture...they are cats, afterall)
Contractors in North Monmouth
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:My goal to meet the needs of my clients by offering affordable rates with great quality work . I have over 15 years of experience as a carpenter I have done many projects as framing a house from start to finish, porches, window install, flooring ,and many more renovations all these I offer and many more . We deliver high quality work and Will will give customers great satisfaction.Recent Review:Very well. John is knowledgeable and does great work.Ron R.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plansRecent Review:David’s team performed high-quality work on time and on budget. I highly recommend them!Nathan D.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in home remodeling (standard to custom), we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! From remodels and home additions, to dekcs and garages, and everything in between, give us a call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:It was excellent. They did a wonderful job, they followed up with the work, I was very happy, I would recommend them and I would hire them again in the future.bONNIE L.
- Business Description:2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Super Service Award Winner • 30+ Years Experience • Artisan Craftsmanship • Tile floors, custom built showers, back splashes, tub surrounds and more. Owner Present on ALL Job Sites • Fully Insured • Free EstimateRecent Review:Lloyd and Brad were great - could not be more pleased. They were timely, neat, organized and focused, and the end result was perfect. They even threw in some added wit and fun commentary which made the inconvenience of not having access to the kitchen very tolerable. I would most definitely hire them again and highly recommend their servicesKim F.
- Business Description:We are a construction company that serves the mid-coast Maine area. We have a large range of what we are able to do. Our attention to detail is what sets us apart. We have some subcontractors that we use in order to make jobs move faster and save our clients money. We are a very honest company and stick to our word. We have a crew large enough to handle projects or size but not so large we can not help smaller projects. We bill according to the project and require a deposit of materials plus ..Recent Review:It went incredible. He came in and did an estimate. What I had in my mind, he did it better. I have dogs and he totally understood that I love my dogs. He was great at telling me what I would and wouldn't need because of my dog. He fixed some things that the last person did wrong. He gave me all the information and let me make the decisions. He got here early and finished on time. We already have another project in the works. He is a very honest manEllen C.
- Business Description:OWNER OPERATED. USES SUBS FOR PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL & CONCRETE. CHARGES AN HOURLY RATE OF $30 (12/18/08) OR COST IS DETERMINED BY JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL. ESTIMATES AVAILABLE AFTER HOURS BY APPOINTMENTRecent Review:Tim stayed in touch, showed up on time, and was pleasant to deal with. Technically this was a job for an experienced carpenter and he performed well.Nancy M.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou..Recent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend themGrant M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
general contractors in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- B&B Construction564 Hussey Hill Road
- Backdraft Custom Builds1371 Main St
- Backshore Home Improvement520 Gray Rd.
- Bay Cove Builders44 Fairway E
Sayville, New York
- Bear's home improvement39 brookview dr
- Bill's Home Repair Co.865 pinnacle rd
- black bear industrial inc16 Andover Rd
- Bragg Builders16 Harris Rd
- B&B Construction
- D D Dyer Contracting279 Dover rd
- DAN GILMORE & CO.P.O Box 4006
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Daniels Renovations31 Middle Road
- Dill Builders36 lane road
New Sharon, Maine
- Dions Construction @ Masonry199 togus road
- Don Dickel Wood FloorsPO Box 118 128 Main St
- done right construction2 sunrise cir
- DOUG MERRILL & SON BUILDER INC211 OLD BATH RD
- D D Dyer Contracting
- L&B Services375 Sturtevant Hill Rd
- L.F. GRASS CUSTOM TILE INSTALLATIONS19 HEMON COBB RD.
- Legacy Construction22 W School St
- LEGACY HOME IMPROVEMENTS INCPO Box 177
South China, Maine
- Longo Builders NHPO Box 1015
Center Ossipee, New Hampshire
- LORRAINE CONSTRUCTION270 WEST ST
- L&B Services
- Maineline Builders
- Mainely Kitchens and Baths26 York St
- McCarthy Point Builders38 Kenneth Ln
- Michael Wales & Daughter Construction480 New Portland Hill Road
New Portland, Maine
- Mid-Maine Handyman Pro186 Martin Stream Road
- Mike Smith bldg&remodeling incp.o.box 234
West Paris, Maine
- Maineline Builders
- Quality Landscaping48 Lothridge Ln
- Quality Landscaping
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Smith's Handyman Services3 County Rd
- Stillmans Woodworking126 mudgett rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Vincent & CoPO Box 236
- Vincent & Co