Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in North Monmouth, ME
There are 8 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in North Monmouth
- Dirigo Property Services LLCDid all of what was required and the work orders were canceled on last day. Being ignored about payment
- JCabido RemodelingThey gave me a fair price and did the work as promised. There were a few hiccups along the way as would be expected, but they were very fair about those and stood behind their work as promised to correct any issues. This is about all you can ask for, in my opinion, it is inevitable that hiccups occur on any big job. The important thing is how the company handles them. In this case, they resolved all issues. We sold the house and my understanding is that a problem came up with the new owners and that J. Cabido went back and fixed the problem at their cost. I would use them again
- Upright Building ServicesUpright Building Services did all work as quoted, on-time, and in a thoroughly professional manner. I intend to use their services again in the future and would recommend the same to others.
- Upright Building ServicesThis is, by far, the best experience I've ever had with a contractor. I was more than satisfied with Fred's professionalism and outlook. It is strange to write a review (particularly about a small contractor) that includes the contractor's spirituality but, the most impressive part of my experience with Fred was that he is very open about his Christian beliefs and how that guides his life....and he walks the walk; he saw that we had work that needed to be done right a away and he did it...at no cost to us. I can't wait to get him back here to do the real job. He quoted me a labor price that was very reasonable and I have absolutely no doubt that I will be as fully as satisfied with the final result as I was with what happen today. This guy is a keeper
- New Leaf ConstructionOur experience with New Leaf Construction in December led us back to hiring them again for a few additional projects we wanted completed outside this spring. The remodel of our firm over the winter was very successful and it was a pleasure to work with their crew. Their professionalism showed throughout the entirety of the project, from the quality of their work, sensitivity to our timeline, accommodating the needs of our business with as little interruption as possible, cleanliness of their work area, attention to detail, and staying on budget. I highly recommend New Leaf Construction
- New Leaf ConstructionIan and his crew were very good and did everything they said they would do quickly and professionally. The project came in on budget and time. They worked around the schedule at the church which was very important to us. The job site was kept clean and there was not interference with the activities of the church. We were very happy with the work and would definitely hire them again for any new projects
- Michael SchelbleA wonderful person who knows what he is doing. I couldn't be more pleased with the finished product and he even persuaded me to do some things I wouldn't have otherwise done (ie. a built in desk!)
- LEFT HAND BUILDERS LTDI've had other work done by Kent. He does a very good job, is honest and fair about what he is going to charge. He is very good at paying attention to detail. I called him and he came over within a day or so to give me an estimate. I was in no rush to get the work done. We scheduled a time for him to come do the job. He came over and got everything done within a few days. I would highly recommend him
- Nadeau PaintingI needed new windows and a new front porch. Every window was the old style pulley system. They installed 36 new windows, painted my roof, and installed a new front porch.
- Mcgrath CarpentryHe did a very good job. Worked very fast and keep everyone else working steady. His prices were very reasonable. Most people wanted to do a package deal and these were very expensive. Conrad let us pay for the materials ourselves and pay him for his labor. It is a beautiful addition! Everyone who comes to the house loves it. We would have never been able to do this with out Conrad
Contractors in North Monmouth
- Business Description:Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plansRecent Review:David’s team performed high-quality work on time and on budget. I highly recommend them!Nathan D.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:MacArthur's LLC is locally owned and operated out of the Benton, Maine area. We provide a wide range of services including the following; Siding, framing, drywall, painting, flooring and much more! No job is too small we do it all. We have over 20 years of experience in the Home Remodeling and Construction business. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional remodeling experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting va..Recent Review:Contract was signed on 09/05/2021. Work was to commence no later than 09/15/2021. Contractor stated he would be putting a work trailer on job site 09/06/2021 of which was not done, once again said the work trailer would be put on job site 09/08/2021 which was not done. Contacted contractor on 09/13/2021 to discuss bathroom renovation and contractor stated his children were exposed to COVID and PCR test to be done with results coming back in two days which would be 09/15/2021, On not one of these instances did contractor contact me to let me know he was not bringing over work trailer or could not start job on 09/15/2021 instead all contact was initiated by myself. Prior to signing this contract it was made very clear to at least keep us informed. On 09/16/2021 contacted contractor to see what status of COVID test and contractor stated the PCR test came back negative. We agreed to wait over the weekend and work would start 8 AM on Monday the 20th of September, I contacted contractor via test message at 6.46 am morning of Sept. 20, since his contract states he starts work at 7 am to see what time to expect him. Did not receive a response and once again contacted contractor at 12.50 pm to find out status and explained one more time to contact us if not going to come to our home to start the job. Also my son witnessed this telephone conversation with contractor stating he would be coming instead 8 am on Tuesday the 21st of September. At 8.17 am on Tuesday the 21st I tried calling contractor and then sent a text message, stating at this point that he was unreliable and therefore would like my $6500 returned. Please realize on not one occasion did contractor do as he stated from bringing job trailer to work site to showing up to work on 3 occasions. It is realized COVID became a concern but then again he could have let me know this via telephone call or text message, then on two more occasions he did not come to job site as stated and did not bother to call or text. Also contractor stated he would contact Hammond Lumber in Belgrade with whom we were arranging the tile to be installed to give room dimensions of which was never done along with not contacting Lepage and Eaton of whom is making the granite top for vanity which was being supplied by contractor, this was never done also. One more concern is contractor stated he had COVID for two weeks and never left his home. As you can see from above information he was active during these two weeks and in fact stated his children were exposed weekend of the September 11 and 12. Which would mean he would not have left his home from time of exposure being September 12 when children returned home to September 26. So this explanation of not leaving home for two weeks is inconsistent with basically everything he had stated and one more reason we do not believe he is reliable. Also being 65 years old with a Mother In Law 72 years old living with us along with a 90 year old Mother regularly visiting taking into account the inconsistent information provided by contractor we also could be exposed to COVID of which the 3 of us can not afford to risk and one more reason to not use this contractor. We feel it is quit evident that this contractor in not reliable and did not on one occasion do as he said he would, this is the main bathroom in our home and if he was to start this job and not complete in timely fashion we would be without a bathroom, do to this we felt necessary to not use this contractor and ask for our deposit back. All we ask is to have the $6500 returned which as he stated during signing of contract on September 5 was required to buy materials to start the job. Since no materials were purchased for this job by contractor this money should be readily available to returnMark N.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:We are a construction company that serves the mid-coast Maine area. We have a large range of what we are able to do. Our attention to detail is what sets us apart. We have some subcontractors that we use in order to make jobs move faster and save our clients money. We are a very honest company and stick to our word. We have a crew large enough to handle projects or size but not so large we can not help smaller projects. We bill according to the project and require a deposit of materials plus ..Recent Review:It went incredible. He came in and did an estimate. What I had in my mind, he did it better. I have dogs and he totally understood that I love my dogs. He was great at telling me what I would and wouldn't need because of my dog. He fixed some things that the last person did wrong. He gave me all the information and let me make the decisions. He got here early and finished on time. We already have another project in the works. He is a very honest manEllen C.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in home remodeling (standard to custom), we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! From remodels and home additions, to dekcs and garages, and everything in between, give us a call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:It was excellent. They did a wonderful job, they followed up with the work, I was very happy, I would recommend them and I would hire them again in the future.bONNIE L.
- Business Description:2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Super Service Award Winner • 30+ Years Experience • Artisan Craftsmanship • Tile floors, custom built showers, back splashes, tub surrounds and more. Owner Present on ALL Job Sites • Fully Insured • Free EstimateRecent Review:Lloyd and Brad were great - could not be more pleased. They were timely, neat, organized and focused, and the end result was perfect. They even threw in some added wit and fun commentary which made the inconvenience of not having access to the kitchen very tolerable. I would most definitely hire them again and highly recommend their servicesKim F.
- Business Description:OWNER OPERATED. USES SUBS FOR PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL & CONCRETE. CHARGES AN HOURLY RATE OF $30 (12/18/08) OR COST IS DETERMINED BY JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL. ESTIMATES AVAILABLE AFTER HOURS BY APPOINTMENTRecent Review:Tim stayed in touch, showed up on time, and was pleasant to deal with. Technically this was a job for an experienced carpenter and he performed well.Nancy M.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou..Recent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend themGrant M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
general contractors in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- B&B Construction564 Hussey Hill Road
- Backdraft Custom Builds1371 Main St
- Backshore Home Improvement520 Gray Rd.
- Bay Cove Builders44 Fairway E
Sayville, New York
- Bear's home improvement39 brookview dr
- Bill's Home Repair Co.865 pinnacle rd
- black bear industrial inc16 Andover Rd
- Bragg Builders16 Harris Rd
- B&B Construction
- D D Dyer Contracting279 Dover rd
- DAN GILMORE & CO.P.O Box 4006
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Daniels Renovations31 Middle Road
- Dill Builders36 lane road
New Sharon, Maine
- Dions Construction @ Masonry199 togus road
- Don Dickel Wood FloorsPO Box 118 128 Main St
- done right construction2 sunrise cir
- DOUG MERRILL & SON BUILDER INC211 OLD BATH RD
- D D Dyer Contracting
- L&B Services375 Sturtevant Hill Rd
- L.F. GRASS CUSTOM TILE INSTALLATIONS19 HEMON COBB RD.
- Legacy Construction22 W School St
- LEGACY HOME IMPROVEMENTS INCPO Box 177
South China, Maine
- Longo Builders NHPO Box 1015
Center Ossipee, New Hampshire
- LORRAINE CONSTRUCTION270 WEST ST
- L&B Services
- Maineline Builders
- Mainely Kitchens and Baths26 York St
- McCarthy Point Builders38 Kenneth Ln
- Michael Wales & Daughter Construction480 New Portland Hill Road
New Portland, Maine
- Mid-Maine Handyman Pro186 Martin Stream Road
- Mike Smith bldg&remodeling incp.o.box 234
West Paris, Maine
- Maineline Builders
- Quality Landscaping48 Lothridge Ln
- Quality Landscaping
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Smith's Handyman Services3 County Rd
- Stillmans Woodworking126 mudgett rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Vincent & CoPO Box 236
- Vincent & Co