Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Citrus Heights, CA
There are 11 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Citrus Heights
- Zoom DrainJesse was extremely professional and very personable. Would definitely hire Zoom Drain again, and his customer service was exemplary!
- Zoom DrainThey came out within hours on a Friday stayed from 4:30pm until 9:30pm. Got the line cleared. Then came back on Saturday to repair the broken line. What I paid for Fridays work was deducted from total bill for Saturday. Total was very reasonable. I highly recommend working with this company. Especially over the bigger firms. Who way over charge!!!!!!
- Armstrong PlumbingThey came out and checked site, gave me a written estimate and did job after signing a contract. Arrived on time and completed installation on time. Now wait for results.
- Armstrong PlumbingI spent $700 on that work. The job went well. They always send the same person out. They have been here before. Even when we call the office, they know who we are.
- Boyd Plumbing, a Bonney CompanyJon was here when he said he would be and did a wonderful job. The pump works great and there is no more water being wasted. This is not the first time we have used Boyds and I am sure it will not be the last. They are very professional and prompt and I feel they are a very honest company and that is hard to find these days
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCI have never felt compelled to write a review until now. Sewage ejection tank had overflowed into the backyard. Sump pump circuit breaker tripped. Domco sent Gil to clean tank so we could determine the condition of the sump pump. He arrived within 30min and after listening to my description of the problem got right to work. He took a little longer to clean the tank since he also removed several roots in the tank from a nearby tree and a large bush saving some samples in case the pump plumber needed them. He even cleaned up some dog waste around the area. Gil then called in a description of the pump which was still not working. Domco sent for pump tech Duane to evaluate the pump and to give an estimate - he arrived within 45 min of the call. Duane was briefed by Gil examined the pump and determined the 10yr old pump just finally failed. He quickly got an estimate and after my approval both Duane and Gil went right to work to replace the sump pump. Duane dived into the tank during the install completely cleaning it free of remaining roots inaccessible during the cleanout. He also did additional cleaning of the conduit to the electrical circuits which had gotten wet due to the previous float being improperly set and allowing seepage into the circuit boxes from underground. He did his final tests and from my first call to final paperwork it was less than 4hrs! While very few plumbing jobs are inexpensive, I really felt I got good value today between the prompt, courteous and PROFESSIONAL service and the Angie's coupon. I don't know if Gil and Duane are typical of the technicians at Domco, but I would definitely hire these guys again
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCWe had a leak under stamped concrete patio. They found it with their sound equipment, and pinpointed it within a couple of square feet. We had some laborers jackhammer that area and they found the leak. I highly recommend them. They replaced our septic tank and cleaned in the past.
- DOMCO PLUMBING INC.I was given a time and I wainted but the truck did not arrive. I called DOMCO and learned that there had been a mistake with scheduling. The person on the phone apologized for the delay and said another truck was being dispatched. The truck arrived a short time later. The service guy apologized again for the delay and pumped out the tank. The guy was very knowledgeable about septic systems and gave me some good advice about keeping the septic system operating effectively. I was very impressed with the guy's expertise and his customer service. When he gave me the bill, he told me his boss had told him to take $50.00 of the bill due to the scheduling mistake. I liked the service so much that I had my name put on a reminder list. DOMCO will call me in 5 years to service the septic tank. I would recommend DOMCO to anyone who needs a septic tank pumped
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCThe company quickly sent a specialist out to pump the septic tank and asess the source of the problem. It took some time to find the septic tank in our back yard so he inserted a TV camera through the access pipe at our house to locate it. He had to dig down 24 inches to uncover it. The specialist quickly pumped the tank despite the fact that it had not been pumped for at least 15 years. He also inspected the outflow part of the system to see whether there were further problems. After inspection of the tank and its outflow, he suspected that there were problems with the distribution system to the dry wells and/or with the dry wells themselves. He recommended they do a TV inspection of the distribution boxes and, if necessary, of the dry wells. However, before leaving, he discovered a significant inflow of water from a leaking toilet. We agreed that I should discuss the situation with the company owner, whom we spoke to the next day. After we explained the problem with the leaking toilet and volume of inflow, he said that he believed that excessive inflow was the source of our problem, not a clogged distribution system. He told us to wait two weeks to see whether the problem recurred. After two weeks, the water level in the septic tank was normal. So, no further work was necessary. It would have been very easy for the company to urge us to do the TV inspection of the distribution system, because some water flowed back into the septic tank when we emptied it and the water contained debris. However, because the owner diagnosed the problem correctly, we saved several hundred dollars and may have avoided having to replace one or more dry wells at the cost of thousands of dollars. I also used this company to repair the leaking toilet, which they did quickly and inexpensively.. As far as we are concerned, this company is responsive, competent and honest. I would use them again any time
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCGot the recommendation for Domco from Angie's List. We didn't have any septic problems, we had just bought the house, and the tank hadn't been emptied in 6 years. I called them at lunchtime, and they came out at 3 pm. Gil answered all my questions, checked out the health on the system, and emptied the tank. He did a real clean job, and kept me informed of what he was seeing and doing. He told me about the Angie's List discount, which helped out. I'd definitely recommend Domco
Last update on June 28, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Citrus Heights, CA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- Fair Oaks,
- North Highlands,
- Granite Bay,
- Gold River,
- Rancho Cordova,
- Rio Linda,
- El Dorado Hills,
- Pleasant Grove,
- Pilot Hill
Septic Tank Contractors in Citrus Heights, CA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Aaron PlumbingPo Box 2657
Vacaville, California 95696
- About PlumbingPO Box 163425
Sacramento, California 95816
- AMERICA'S PLUMBING CO4878 Pasadena Ave Ste 1
Sacramento, California 95841
- ANDERSON CO5946 BRADSHAW RD
Sacramento, California 95829
- APS Environmental6643 32nd St. Ste. 101
NORTH HIGHLANDS, California 95660
- Armour plumbing 12336 Rutherford Dr 12336 rutherford dr
Rancho Cucamonga, California 91739
- Armstrong Plumbing2551 Albatross Way
Sacramento, California 95815
- Aaron Plumbing
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyPO Box 8127
Walnut Creek, California 94596
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- G & C Septic Tank Service12851 Stockton Blvd.
Galt, California 95632
- G & C Septic Tank Service
- Miracle Works Plumbing & DrainPO Box 232558
Sacramento, California 95823
- Miracle Works Plumbing & Drain
- Roto-Rooter2551 Albatross Way
Sacramento, California 95815
- SNAPPY ROOTER6153 RUTLAND DR
Carmichael, California 95608
- SNAPPY ROOTER
- WADDELL'S PLUMBING & DRAIN841 ROOD AVE
Sacramento, California 95838
- WADDELL'S PLUMBING & DRAIN
Septic tank companies that service Citrus Heights
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.