Armstrong Plumbing

Founded 1964 • With Angi since April 2006

Your Full Service Plumbing Contractor. Armstrong Plumbing has been servicing the Sacramento area for over 50 years offering commercial and residential services. From technical services to consulting; we do it all! Armstrong Plumbing is proud to be one of the few remaining non-commissioned plumbing

plumbers (634)drain cleaning (113)water heaters (63)sewer cleaning (25)appliance repair (16)home remodeling (12)gas leak repair (7)irrigation system (7)drain pipe installation (6)water softeners (4)well & water pump repair (3)house painting (2)

02/16/2021

thomas P.

They were responsive and professional with the the estimate process.

Description of Work
Need to replace piping from propane tank to house (about 40 ft) also need to replace the old fittings to connect to house. then once new line installed, check heater isn't leaking (just replaced a part) we live in country and have one of those large propane tanks for our gas.

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

01/28/2021

Blair L.

We had a sudden spike in water usage two weekends ago. It was clearly from the water pipe attached to the sprinkler system manifold. I attempted to repair it myself, but the fix didn't take. I called Armstrong based on their reviews on this site. We set up an appointment for the morning (8-12) on the 26th; there was no rush for the fix as we wouldn't need to use the sprinklers for a while and shutting off the water to the sprinkler system stopped the flow. I received a text message on the 25th confirming my appointment for 8am-12pm on the 26th. At 11:55 on the 26th, I called for a status check on the technician. They had me on their schedule for the afternoon. It was confirmed that the text message I was sent confirmed the earlier time frame. They had no explanation for the error. Still not a major issue, but now my entire day was shot. The technician arrived within the time frame. He assessed the issue. It required a simply re-cementing of the fittings, but he wasn't sure it would work (outside temperatures, the PVC pipe itself, etc). He also didn't have the zip ties he wanted that would help secure the pipes while the cement was curing; I didn't have any, either, but I did come with an alternative that he found acceptable. He completed the work, and basically said that we'll have to see if it worked. The good news is that we have some time before I have to turn the water on again which will give the cement time to set. He did offer a quote for replacement of the entire sprinkler manifold as a permanent solution. Although I recognize there are variables in repairs and that it may truly need additional work, I was underwhelmed by the service received.

Description of Work
Repair of broken water pipe

Category appliance repair, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

01/05/2021

Michael S.

Great. I needed to have the fitting on the gas line that comes out of the wall updated to be used with a new range and oven. It's an older home and the existing gas line fitting would not work with the new range. The work was completed quickly and correctly -- and that was terrific. And yet, that wasn't the whole value play for me. This range was being installed on December 23 and that's when the problem was found. Facing a Christmas with no range and oven was a real possibility and yet, not surprisingly, it was very difficult to find someone who could address this quickly. The fix was known to be easy yet availability was the problem. And, in fact, I had struck out after calling a half dozen firms on Angie's list trying to find someone who could do this. When I called Armstrong it was the same story: It would be several days before they could get someone out to address the issue. Yet, when I explained the impact of that, the woman from Armstrong services was extremely sensitive to the situation and reworked her tech schedule of get someone in to get it done that day -- within a couple of hours of my request. It's not an exaggeration to say that she saved Christmas. After this experience, I would highly recommend Armstrong.

Description of Work
Replace/update fixture for gas range connection

Category gas leak repair

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

07/22/2020

Christina M.

Excellent. Very professional and helpful. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Plumbing for rentals and my home

Work Completed On 07/22/2018

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to continue to serve you, for all your plumbing needs!

07/01/2020

Teresiv V.

It smoothly and efficiently. We were so pleased, we called him back to fix the leaking garage sink. There again, excellent job.

Description of Work
Plumbing- Clog or Backup in Bathroom Tub and Toilet

Category appliance repair, plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

We appreciate your business and hope to continue to assist you with all your future plumbing needs!

03/22/2020

Michael S.

Excellent. Everything was connected quickly and works great.

Description of Work
Install new sink hardware and inlet valves.

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

Thank you for your feedback!

12/06/2019

Sue S.

Our water softener started leaking on a Friday afternoon -- understandably one of the worst possible times for getting help! I had to call Angie's list to get names of plumbers who supposedly had 24/7 and weekend appointments as I wasn't getting anywhere just calling companies listed from their website. I give them a C rating because on the positive side they did pick up the phone and I actually talked to a real person. (The mailbox of one company I called was full, several others I called I was only able to leave a voice message.) The negatives come in because 1) they actually are NOT 24/7, 2) they don't have a plumber available on Sundays and 3) I was quoted a fee of $165 for the first 1/2 hour, and then $82.50 per 1/2 hour after that. That is a pretty exorbitant fee!

Description of Work
Urgent repair on leaking water softener

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

Dear Mrs. [Member Name Removed], We aplogize for your experience as we used to be open on Sunday's. We appreciate your feedback and hope to better serve you in the future. Please let us know if you would to discuss your experience in further detail. Best Regards, Kelsey Vance Project Coordinator Armstrong Plumbing 916-250-0051

08/21/2019

glenn G.

Excellent, they gave us great advice to pinpoint what had to be done and how to save money. We got an estimate and will wait on the work.

Description of Work
Various plumbing tasks

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

Let us know if you need any future plumbing assitance or decide to have the work done. Thank you for your feedback!

07/29/2019

Ian R.

Armstrong Plumbing did a great job. They were professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Removal of gas line, water lines, and drain from side of house (modifications made by previous homeowner(s)).

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

Done right every time! - Armstrong Plumbing Core Value.

07/19/2019

Brad P.

Workmen were prompt & professional. They had on hand all the necessary parts and promptly repaired the toilet. The supply valve was faulty and would not shut off the water, so that was replaced as well. Good thing, otherwise if we later had a leaking toilet it would have required the shut off of the entire house to stop the water flow.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

Glad we could help [Member Name Removed]!

06/11/2019

leilani H.

From the estimate to completing the work, very professional! Peter arrived promptly and provided a reasonable estimate including copper piping. Office communication and scheduling was courteous and quick. The work was professionally completed and I now have a hose bib instead of dragging a 100’ hose to water the landscaping. I’m very pleased.

Description of Work
Add a hose bib outside.

03/29/2019

Tom B.

Armstrong Plumbing called shortly after I completed the Angie's List survey and scheduled an appointment for a few days later. Great job. George K was very professional, showed up on time, and did the job as expected. In addition, he shimmed the toilet so it wouldn't rock, then sealed the toilet to the tile. I'm very happy with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Repair a toilet seal and reseat the toilet

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

Pleased to hear you are satisfied with the work we provided!

01/21/2019

Mary T.

Excellent. I have used them in the past and they are always excellent. I was staying at our neighbor's house when this happened. They told me to contact the city to unclog the line to the street, which is free. They could have done this as well, but were willing to offer the advice and it worked.

Description of Work
Unclogged sewer line which had backed up into the house.

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]!

12/28/2018

Stephen W.

It went very well. They did the plumbing work with professional skill. We were very glad to have them do the work. The only reason for the B rating was the delay caused when the plumber, Bruce, had his apprentice do the under-the-house work. It was a learning experience for the apprentice, so it took a couple of hours longer, but in the end the result was excellent.

Description of Work
Replacing the shower fixtures

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

[Member Name Removed], We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the work recently provided and want to thank you for your feedback. We wish to continue to serve you and your home in this busy time of year. Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with and have a great day! Best Regards, Kelsey Vance Armstrong Plumbing

11/25/2018

Mary P.

Alex and Ramon were fantastic!! They arrived on time, extremely polite and professional, and worked together as a great team. I was very impressed with the Armstrong experience from A to Z.

Description of Work
The bathtub fixtures were original 1940’s and the valves were on final legs. Peter did a great assessment and quote, very concise and understandable, including what Armstrong would do (all piping and valve work) and that I would choose and acquire the actual fixtures.

Work Completed On 11/17/2018

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to continue to provide service for you in the furture. Have a wonderful evening! Kelsey Vance, Armstrong Plumbing

04/11/2018

Amy M.

Great! They were able to come out in a couple hours from when I called. Service was prompt and we'll done. We hired them again to replace our toilet plumbing when that fell out of the wall.

Description of Work
Pipes for under sink replaced

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

04/09/2018

William F.

Awesome. These guys are the best! To Armstrong look up who did my job and reward them. They are great in an industry where many are questionable.

Description of Work
Reroute piping tubes

Work Completed On 02/06/2018

[Member Name Removed], We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing Armstrong Plumbing!

04/02/2018

Christine R.

Our water heater started acting up. When the Armstrong technician came out, he provided recommendations for replacement or rebuild. We were not charged for the estimate visit. We were given two estimates for the repair of our water heater. One for rebuild and one for replace. This allowed us to make a informed decision based on our budget. The technicians were very professional. Required permits were obtained by Armstrong and the is neat, professional, and meets codes. Issues with my existing older condo were explained to me in clearly. I would recommend them again.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Category appliance repair, plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 03/06/2018

[Member Name Removed], We are pleased to hear about your experience with Armstrong Plumbing. Please don't hesitate to call if you have any future plumbing needs!

01/18/2018

Jeff W.

Evan came out and determined that there was a clog at the cleanout, as well as a damaged cleanout. He cleared the blockage and changed out the cleanout in no time at all. Evan was great and I really appreciated his knowledge and expertise!

Description of Work
Our washing machine was backing up into our nearby toilet.

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are so glad we could take care of your cleanout. If you have any future plumbing needs please give us a call. Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful evening!

01/18/2018

Paul C.

The old water heater was removed from the basement and a new one installed in a few hours. This was done smoothly. The city inspector wanted a couple of pipes to be clamped down for additional security. This was done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
40-gallon gas water heater was replaced with a new one.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/27/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are pleased to hear your water heater instal went smoothly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to further assist you. Thank you for your feedback. Kelsey Vance Armstrong Plumbing (916) 367-4763

12/02/2017

Morgan N.

The work was done quickly and the workers were very courteous. We were very happy with their work.

Description of Work
Shower plumbing was replaced and modified to accommodate tiled shower.

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

12/01/2017

F B.

Efficiently, pleasantly and professionally! Even though I hadn’t anticipated the toilet and outside faucet repairs, Kenny Burley took them on and did a fantastic job!

Description of Work
I had a leaking sink that necessitated the call. I also had a running toilet and leaking outside faucet that I realized needed fixing as well.

Work Completed On 12/01/2017