Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic system services in El Dorado Hills, CA
There are 9 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in El Dorado Hills
- Zoom DrainJesse was extremely professional and very personable. Would definitely hire Zoom Drain again, and his customer service was exemplary!
- Zoom DrainThey came out within hours on a Friday stayed from 4:30pm until 9:30pm. Got the line cleared. Then came back on Saturday to repair the broken line. What I paid for Fridays work was deducted from total bill for Saturday. Total was very reasonable. I highly recommend working with this company. Especially over the bigger firms. Who way over charge!!!!!!
- Armstrong PlumbingThey came out and checked site, gave me a written estimate and did job after signing a contract. Arrived on time and completed installation on time. Now wait for results.
- Armstrong PlumbingI spent $700 on that work. The job went well. They always send the same person out. They have been here before. Even when we call the office, they know who we are.
- Boyd Plumbing, a Bonney CompanyJon was here when he said he would be and did a wonderful job. The pump works great and there is no more water being wasted. This is not the first time we have used Boyds and I am sure it will not be the last. They are very professional and prompt and I feel they are a very honest company and that is hard to find these days
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCThey were helpful and professional when they scheduled my appointment. They arrived on time and were courteous. They did an excellent job and answered my questions fully. I would definitely use them again.
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCThey arrived on time Tuesday afternoon and Eric started digging to find the septic tank - using their camera and a county permit plan that I had available. Eric and Gil found the septic tank and pumped it out. They worked late to get it done - had to come back the following morning to "typhoon" out the lines to the leach fields. When they returned, they used their camera to find what they thought was the Distribution Box - but which, in reality was a crushed pipe from the Septic Tank to the Distribution Box - it had been crushed by rocks and roots (never plant oleander near a septic tank!). They dug out the pipe, replaced it with a new one, found that the (very old) cover of the Distribution Box was rotted out redwood, so they got a new Distribution Box, replaced the old one, then flushed out to the leach field (which was thankfully fine). Dom (the owner) communicated with me frequently and clearly. The guys were polite, timely, and clean (considering what they were doing!). Not sure if price competitive, but work was of high quality... I would definitely recommend
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCA friendly guy came out to map the leach lines late on a Friday as scheduled... He spent time looking things over and ensuring I understood the septic system. Domco requested to reschedule the pumping of the septic. And then I requested a reschedule. Their office staff was friendly and understanding. A guy came out as scheduled and pumped out our entire system. Once again they took the time to be sure I understood how the system worked, which was appreciated as I had only recently moved into the house and had never before lived with a septic system. I would definitely refer them and use them again
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCWe had a leak under stamped concrete patio. They found it with their sound equipment, and pinpointed it within a couple of square feet. We had some laborers jackhammer that area and they found the leak. I highly recommend them. They replaced our septic tank and cleaned in the past.
- DOMCO PLUMBING INCVery happy with the service. Actually learned some things about septic tanks, etc. :) This is the first house that we've owned that had a septic tank and Gil was full of helpful information. He really knows his sh$%! ;) We will absolutely use Domco again and will recommend to friends and family. Thank you
Last update on June 28, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in El Dorado Hills, CA
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Granite Bay,
- Cameron Park,
- Shingle Springs,
- Pilot Hill,
- Fair Oaks,
- Citrus Heights,
- Gold River,
- Rancho Cordova,
- Diamond Springs,
- Garden Valley,
Septic Tank Contractors in El Dorado Hills, CA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Aaron PlumbingPo Box 2657
Vacaville, California 95696
- About PlumbingPO Box 163425
Sacramento, California 95816
- ADVANCED SEPTIC SVCP.O. Box 505
Citrus Heights, California 95611
- AMERICA'S PLUMBING CO4878 Pasadena Ave Ste 1
Sacramento, California 95841
- ANDERSON CO5946 BRADSHAW RD
Sacramento, California 95829
- APS Environmental6643 32nd St. Ste. 101
NORTH HIGHLANDS, California 95660
- Armour plumbing 12336 Rutherford Dr 12336 rutherford dr
Rancho Cucamonga, California 91739
- Armstrong Plumbing2551 Albatross Way
Sacramento, California 95815
- Aaron Plumbing
- East Sacramento Ent Plumbing Sewer & Drain1117 57 St
Sacramento, California 95819
- East Sacramento Ent Plumbing Sewer & Drain
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyPO Box 8127
Walnut Creek, California 94596
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- G & C Septic Tank Service12851 Stockton Blvd.
Galt, California 95632
- G & C Septic Tank Service
- Larry's Plumbing8304 Conover Dr
Citrus Heights, California 95610
- Larry's Plumbing
- Miracle Works Plumbing & DrainPO Box 232558
Sacramento, California 95823
- Miracle Works Plumbing & Drain
- VAN'S PAVING & GRADING5310 MERCHANT CIR
Placerville, California 95667
- VAN'S PAVING & GRADING
Septic tank companies that service El Dorado Hills
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.