Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Lincoln, NE
There are 7 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Lincoln
- ISW Custom BuildersI was extremely impressed, first of all, with how personable Brian is. He’s up front about costs and answers any and all questions right away. His employees are also skilled and happy to answer questions as projects are completed. Finally, the craftsmanship and level of efficiency in completing the project were both very commendable. I would highly recommend Brian and his crew
- HOME PRIDE CONTRACTORS INCGreat job. Nick was very professional and made us feel at ease. The job was done in a timely manner. We appreciated that Nick stayed in constant communication with us throughout the process.
- Dodd ConstructionEverything went great. Steven stayed in contact with me, letting me know of any scheduling changes due to the weather. His crews showed up on time, did a great job, and cleaned up after themselves. My wife and I couldn't wait for it to rain, as the old roof had been leaking for quite some time. Steven even did a great job with the rear porch modification that I requested, Thanks
- Willet Construction IncIt has gone fairly well so far. Rick has been out to the house (outside of town) 3 times in gathering details for the renovation. I was somewhat disappointed that he felt I should get an architect involved due to the age of the house (113 years old) and the time he would have needed to do drawings for the work to be done in order to secure the required permits. That turned out to be a good decision, as there were isses in the roof and floor joist existing construction that were successfully addressed at Building and Safety by the architect. The second disappointment has been in scheduling the work. I understand that it is a busy time, and that is good for his business. But having first contacted Rick in June and being told at that time they were scheduling in August, I had hoped for a start in October after getting the drawings from my architect. It turns out they are looking at the first or second week of November, and that could be a problem due to family issues requiring a trip to Florida in November. The work was started in November and the weather was cooperative. Opening up the northwest corner of the house was a little scary that time of year, but work went quickly and Jeremy Carpenter (I know ... Carpenter the carpenter) was extremely cognizant of the possible problems and took all precautions. He and his apprentice, Kevin, were very careful to try and keep things square and plumb when connecting to this 114-year old house. It took about 2 weeks to accomplish this part of the project, but for family reasons, the renovation of the second floor was postponed until spring. They successfully sealed up the unfinished deck above our living room and it was free of leaks during the rest of the winter during several snows and a couple heavy rains. So we began the next phase in April (rainy season?), I had removed all plaster, lathe and tongue and groove flooring from the second floor. As the superstructure of the old hip roof and knee walls was taken away, it became apparent the it had provided some support for the floor and that without that support, the floor would need to be stiffened up - basically rebuilt with doubled up 2x6s. That was a pretty major additional expense, but as I said, you never know what will pop up when you start fooling with these ancient houses. The floor was reinforced and they started opening up the roof to recieve a new ridge beam and 2x6s replacing the 2x4s of the hip roof. Gaping holes in the roof are a little scary in the month of showers, but Jeremy and Kevin were careful to make sure every thing was buttoned up with heavy plastic when they left for the day. This part of the project took about a month and when Willet was done, I had an entire new roof applied by White Castle Roofing. As with any old house, this is a Work In Progress, but I fully intend to have Willet help me with it whenever I deem it necessary
- Service CallHe is a very nice and friendly worker, and I trust his work and judgement to get the job done correct the first time.
- Service CallTonight Dan finished installing an exterior post lamp. The post was put in several days ago and the concrete was setting. He called and then came to the house - worked quickly and made sure the lamp part was straight and secure. Earlier in the week my garbage disposal sounded sick and the sink was backing up. I called and he came that evening to check it. The bearings were bad so he got a new one and installed it that night. He has worked enough for me so he knows what type of quality I want and I trust him to pick things, such as a garbage disposal, out. He gave me advice on using the disposal so that it would last. If what you want done is not an emergency then you may have to work with him on when he will be able to do a project, but he is honest and has a lot of experience with a wide variety of things that houses need maintained, fixed, or improved
- Titus ConstructionExcellent experience. Titus is reliable, straight forward, and very talented. He came to my house and gave me a quote the first day I phoned him. He gave me a choice of having him start right away or waiting until he completed his next project. He came each day, weather permitting. The garage looks great and was reasonably priced. I will definitely use him again
- Titus ConstructionIt was a quick job. It only took him a day! He pulled the garage up straight and replaced rotted wood as well as putting up wood walls inside to help make it sturdy. Solid work and fast!
- Rutt's Service & RepairBill is extremely conscientious, very honest and will tell you if he doesn't feel comfortable doing a job, or if he thinks someone else could do a better job (in areas other than plumbing). He has the code to my garage and I trust him to come to my house and do whatever is needed, even if I am not home. I have been extremely satisfied with any work he has done
- Russell Remodeling LLCBryan from Russell Remodeling is awesome. He is honest and a good guy. I like him a lot. I like his attention to details. He broke everything down as far as the quote goes.
Contractors in Lincoln
- Business Description:4 employee. rarely uses subs. charges an hourly rate. no travel charges. Extra charge for after hours service applies.Recent Review:This company and technician were professional, accommodating, and punctual within a 2 hour window. The estimated time and cost for installation was on target and reasonable. I will use this company in the future for handyman services without hesitationDoug P.
- Business Description:We build for you! We have experience in building decks, residential remodelling, and general contracting. We also build garages, outbuildings from pole barns to timber frame structures. Our focus is on efficient quality. We want the work to be completed timely however without compromising the quality of our workRecent Review:I was extremely impressed, first of all, with how personable Brian is. He’s up front about costs and answers any and all questions right away. His employees are also skilled and happy to answer questions as projects are completed. Finally, the craftsmanship and level of efficiency in completing the project were both very commendable. I would highly recommend Brian and his crewLee D.
- Business Description:Hammer & Nail provides finish carpentry and remodeling services in Lincoln, NE. We strive to build with integrity and deliver a consistent experience for the clients who trust us with their spaces. We are known for our quality craftsmanship and customer experience, and we take pride in the construction process. hirehammerandnail.com | (402) 413-637Recent Review:Our dog had torn several holes in a sliding screen door. Danny replaced the screen and it looks absolutely brand new! He was quick, competent and pleasant to work with. I would recommend his handyman services.Bev P.
- Business Description:At Home Pride Contractors we strive to exceed our customer’s perception of what quality workmanship is all about. Our success is a result of paying attention to detail and performing at a high level for a fair price. We are a family owned and operated business with years of experience in the home improvement industry with specializations in roofing, siding, windows and gutters. Home Pride has built our reputation around the highest quality of professional service, products and craftsmanship. ..Recent Review:Spoke with Hunter and am looking forward to being in touch with him soon to do my roof!!!Madison L.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:At Dodd Construction we are a locally owned and operated company in Lincoln since 1998. We work on your home as if it were working on our own and provide quality craftsmanship at an affordable competitive prices. We specialize in exterior and interior construction work. We are also very flexible with scheduling. Call us today for your free estimate we look forward to helping youRecent Review:Everything went great. Steven stayed in contact with me, letting me know of any scheduling changes due to the weather. His crews showed up on time, did a great job, and cleaned up after themselves. My wife and I couldn't wait for it to rain, as the old roof had been leaking for quite some time. Steven even did a great job with the rear porch modification that I requested, ThanksBrian K.
- Business Description:As an Angie's List "Super Service Award winner" for 12 straight years in a row, Trinity Exteriors, Inc. is an exceptional restoration contractor specializing in roofing, siding, windows and gutters. Licensed with offices in Minnesota - we are proud to have developed a large following of satisfied customers who rely on us to help them, their families and friends with all their exterior renovation needs. We attribute our success and growth over the years to three guiding principles; service, qu..Recent Review:Amazing. Ted and his team and fast responsive and friendly. They really know their stuff and always shoot it straight. I'd hire them again and again.Joshua Z.
- Business Description:Willet Construction’s passion is to remodel your home with a custom design that fits your needs and desires. There is no project too big or small for us to create a “top-quality impression”. Our goal is to satisfy customers with top-quality craftsmanship and using top-quality materials and subcontractors to make your construction project an enjoyable experience. We strive to develop and preserve long-term relationships with our clients and to be recognized as one of the premier Remodeling Con..Recent Review:Not good. I believe our concrete slopes toward our house as opposed to away from our house and Willnow Concrete is unwilling to stand behind their work.Mark K.
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Weeping Water
general contractors in Lincoln
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- C & J Construction862 5th st
- Carpentry & Home Repair4001 S St
- Champion Construction720 1st Ave # B
Nebraska City, Nebraska
- Combs Contracting5214 North 9th Circle
- Complete Builders2201 S 10th St. Apt 103
- Construction Finishes LLC173 Harwood Ct #200
- Crouse Construction & Management4525 Elk Ridge Rd
- CT Home Improvement7737 S 28th St
- CT Home Improvements7737 S 28th St
- Cutting Edge Design and Construction8630 Lexington Avenue #315
- C & J Construction
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Hammer & NailP.O. Box 4771
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handyman Remodeling22615 Fairview Rd
- Hcs works inc.4910 Adams st.
- Hoffman Weber Construction Inc.15125 Industrial Rd
- HOME PRIDE CONTRACTORS INC8801 F St
- Hammer & Nail
- ISW Custom Builders15600 S 76th St
- ISW Custom Builders
- K-WEST CONSTRUCTION6701 PLATTE AVE
- K-WEST CONSTRUCTION
- NLN Construction7250 Silverthorn Dr.
- NLN Construction
- Schon Construction600 W 2nd St
- Service Call17880 Knotting Hill Dr
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- SHURWAY RESIDENTIAL REPAIRS5560 Colby Street
- Skyline Construction Services716 Beaverlake blvd
- SOUTHEAST SEAMLESS GUTTER & Home Improvements, Inc4145 E RD
- STAMLER CUSTOM CONSTRUCTION2804 S 11TH ST
- Starcraft Custom BuildersPO Box 80265
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- StraightLine Constructions740 S 30th St
- Schon Construction
- Willet Construction Inc5143 S. 48th Suite B
- Willet Construction Inc