Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Richmond, KY
There are 20 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Richmond
- Fresh Coat of LexingtonWe got quotes from several companies and decided to go with fresh coat. They were reasonably priced, punctual, and so nice to work with. We had Donna, CW, and Jeff as our painters for the week, and they really went above and beyond. There was so much wallpaper to remove, but they really dug in and got it done. We are so happy with our new hallway, den, and kitchen walls! Plus it’s always a bonus to work with friendly people read less
- Fresh Coat of LexingtonMr. Williams was very responsive to our needs. He gave us an excellent price and was was very willing to work with us on any changes that we made. The paint crew was excellent. They were on time and made sure the work are was cleaned up prior to them leaving each day. They were very professional and took their job seriously. They took pride in what they were doing. Fresh Coat painted our kitchen cabinets and anyone that sees them think that we had new cabinets installed. We also had Fresh Coat paint our great room our family room as well as outside areas and we could not be more pleased read less
- Pennington RenovationsThe work was done extremely well. The workers were very careful and skilled. They cleaned up the work area. We are very happy with the results.
- Fresh Coat of LexingtonTerry provided a very detailed proposal that made it easy to prioritize various aspects of the job. He was very professional -- always on time and responsive to inquiries. The weather did not cooperate with us for much of the summer, and as a result the project was delayed a few weeks, but that was certainly not under Fresh Coat's control. Terry kept me posted about the number of jobs in the queue before me, so I never felt "forgotten." The work itself was well done. Terry provided great service when we encountered a problem with storm windows that were previously taken down for repair work. The problem was that after the repairs, the storms no longer fit! Terry and the crew found a cost-effective way to deal with this problem, even though it took them a couple of extra days to complete the job. I will definitely turn to Fresh Coat for another painting job that is on the not-too-distant horizon read less
- Fresh Coat of LexingtonI can't say enough good things about this company. I am very particular and I think they did a fantastic job on my house. I have never hire a contractor that exceeded my expectations. They used the best materials, were prompt, got the job done fast, had extremely courteous workers, did quality work, and were very reasonable in cost. They even brought in our trash cans from the street and helped bring groceries in for my wife! I highly recommend them read less
- Fresh Coat of LexingtonEverything went well. Lots of glazing required on the windows. Several spots of rotted wood replaced SEAMLESSLY! All work done in a reasonable timeframe.
- Fresh Coat of LexingtonWe were in a pretty bad condition last fall. Our wooden home wasn't properly painted a few years ago and it was pealing terribly and exposing damaged boards and rotten sills. We called Terry and he soon made a visit to our home. He was polite and professional as he assessed the work needed on our house. Quickly after this visit, he sent an estimate with other documentation showing his liability insurance, workers comp, etc. We thought the estimate was fair and picked his company. His estimate was the middle priced between three companies. When the painting began, his crew was good and worked most days the weather allowed to complete the job. They worked weekends, including a UK football game. I think they had other painting jobs and they tried their best to finish everything before winter. They finished our place in about ten days and did an especially awesome job on repairs. Billy, one of the carpenters, did great work replacing old window sills. Overall, the paint job looks superb and has survived an usually nasty winter with no problems. If you would have seen the home before, you would appreciate the work they did. It's a classic before and after scenario. One thing I like about Terry is that he stuck by his original estimate, even though more work and materials were needed to complete the job. Older homes present unique challenges and I don't think Terry will nickel and dime you on every detail of work. He left our home and lawn clean, and gave us a couple gallons of paint for future touch ups. The only aggravation I had was getting the crew to start. From time we committed to Fresh Coat and the job starting, I think might have been a month and winter was quickly approaching. To be fair, I think they were pretty busy with other jobs, so just plan accordingly. In summary, I would highly recommend Fresh Coat, Terry, and his crew read less
- Fresh Coat of LexingtonThe employees of Fresh Coat were professional, wore business logo shirts and were very neat around my property. They had to repair several areas that were rotting on my porch and stair railings and did an excellent job with that as well. They arrived the first day to pressure wash and remove rotting wood and then began the painting process. Rain slowed them down but they took advantage of every opportunity to get the job completed as quickly as possible. They were very pleasant to have around read less
- General Contractors, LLCJosh and Justin were an amazing team to work with. They are extremely professional and polite. They showed up every day on time, worked all day, and cleaned up after themselves. They allowed us time to ask questions and involve us in the process. They made what could be a very stressful situation a relaxed enjoyable one. We will definitely be using them in the future for our rental property read less
- General Contractors, LLCFantastic! Josh always showed up early and he was always there when he said he would be. He's extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of construction and he pays great attention to detail. We're extremely pleased with his work and we definitely use him again!
Contractors in Richmond
- Business Description:Specializing in small to medium sized remodeling and repair projects. Additional DBA - LAMBA INC. Award winning.Recent Review:Daniel did a great job! He completed a job for me before & I asked for him specifically again!Gail S.
- Business Description:For over 12 years, our lead Contractor, Josh Jackson, has been providing top of the line residential construction services to homeowners on everything from a single window replacement, to designing and building a structure from the ground up. He comes highly-reccomended for building new homes, additions, single room remodels and entire home renovations. He has been lead foreman for two well known companies in the state of Ohio, where he also owned and operated his own woodworking business. He.. read lessRecent Review:Excellent, best technicians and repair work.Charles W.
- Business Description:Servicing Louisville, Lexington, Frankfort, Southern Indiana, & Indianapolis. Additional phone numbers - (317) 550-1540, (502) 969-9635, (859) 278-2591, (800) 964-PEST. Providing quality residential and commercial pest control since 1972. OPC has grown into one of the largest 100 pest control control companies in the U.S. Additional DBA - OPC Pest Control, Okolona Pest Control Inc read lessRecent Review:Awesome! As a matter of fact I wrote in the reviews on the services that were performed and I would use Terminix again. Please read the reviews. Thank you.Linda C.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Martin Saunders owner of All-Pro of Kentucky has been serving Lexington and surrounding areas with Kitchen & Bathroom remodeling services as well as a complete handyman services since 1990. We have very strong relationships with subcontractors if needed. Our General Contractors license is for both Residential and Commercial work. Our service charge start at $35.00 (local) with a 75.00/ per hour per craftsman, min for small jobs. Jobs over $1000.00 will be estimated. Materials are charged a.. read lessRecent Review:We are extremely pleased with our recent remodeling. Martin and his team (Dan and Tim) were super nice to work with, very patient, responsive, courteous and accommodating, plus they made very helpful professional suggestions on the design, color, and materials. They remodeled our kitchen (cabinets, lighting fixtures, wall painting) and 2 bathrooms. The quality of their painting, tiling, cabinetwork, structural work, and craftsmanship in general, was outstanding. They were obviously motivated to do the best job possible. I recommend them very highly read lessYing R.
- Business Description:General Contractor | eBlu HVAC | Roofing | Kitchen Cabinets | & More 100% Financing available in minutes up to $100,000.00 for HVAC replacement or repair, roof replacement, kitchen remodels, bath remodels, and more! Call us today to find out more. (859) 475-6601 BluRock LLC is a full service general contacting company. From bringing you roofing services at well below the local market, to our outstanding customer service based philosophy, find out why BluRock LLC is becoming the go-to compan.. read lessRecent Review:Communication was not good. I had to make a lot of calls. Didn't show up and didn't call. Left a big mess and destroyed the yard.Andrea W.
- Business Description:We are a third generation General contractor family run business. We cover all homeowner needs, business needs and we are now offering excavating as well and are fully insured. You won't be disappointed when you give us a call for your home or business improvements. Thank you read lessRecent Review:Went great, Mr.Curran’s was very professional and got the job done in a timely manner, I was very pleased with his services and would highly recommend him.Raymond j.
- Business Description:Pennington Renovations strives to provide professional and honest service to our customers. We are honored to have had the opportunity in serving the Central Kentucky area for over 25 years. Founder and owner, Mark Pennington, a 4th generation builder, has been in the construction industry for over 35 years. Our company specializes in historic home preservation, foundation repair, complete home and barn renovation, as well as home remodeling and custom carpentry. Our employees (skilled carpen.. read lessRecent Review:The work was done extremely well. The workers were very careful and skilled. They cleaned up the work area. We are very happy with the results.Dennis H.
- Business Description:Dixon Designs and Construction is a Design/Build company. The traditional approach to construction involves a designer on one side and a contractor on the other. In the Design/Build approach, there is only one point of contact in the construction process. In this approach, you and Dixon Designs and Construction act as a team in determining the requirements and specifications of any new project. This approach is timelier, less costly, and more enjoyable to everyone involved. *10% MILITARY DIS.. read lessRecent Review:Greg really set himself apart from other contractors in my book because he really listened, he came out and listened as I explained what it was that I wanted and then delivered exactly that. He finished everything in a very timely manner which was great. He explained everything along the way which made the whole thing a very pleasant experience. I would definitely use Dixon Designs again and would recommend to anyone read lessKristen C.
- Business Description:Hard Times Carpentry will work fast, focused and efficiently FOR YOU! With 20+ years experience working as a Master level Carpenter, building construction, renovation, repair, and remodeling, we can personally guarantee, the job YOU NEED done, will be DONE RIGHT! I started my business, Hard Times Carpentry, with a focus on delivering true quality work at a fair price. Why pay a general contractor to hire a subcontracted carpenter to do the work you need done, when you can skip the middle.. read lessRecent Review:Everything went smooth. Joe had everything under control, knew just what needed to be done, and did a fantastic job!Cris M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Paint Lick
- Clay City
- Crab Orchard
- Mount Vernon
- Mount Sterling
- North Middletown
general contractors in Richmond
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A-1 Roofing & Home Improvement570 Wilderness Rd
- All Seasons Drywall LLC833 Carneal Rd.
- All-Pro of Kentucky6079 Lexington Rd
- Anderson & Rodgers Construction170 Prosperous Pl
- Anderson Custom Construction & Restoration3495 Steele Road
- ASC Construction LLC102 N colonial heights dr
- Atlas Window & Siding Co of Lexington511 E New Circle Rd
- A-1 Roofing & Home Improvement
- BACK CONSTRUCTION965 Contract St
- BARNETT'S HOME IMPROVEMENT1710 BLUE LICKS RD
- Bill's Remodeling3842 Northampton Dr
- Blakeman Contracting and Services5031 Appalachian Ct.
- Bluegrass Home Repair Services LLC1555 E New Circle Rd Ste 142
- BluRock LLC395 Lisle Industrial Ave
- Bob Vance contractor2268 Tate's creek road
- Budget Friendly Contracting LLC3516 Branchwood Place
- BACK CONSTRUCTION
- C & J Home Improvements848 Malabu Dr
- C Ross Builder LLC1422 Beaumont Rd
- CABINET CONCEPTS2170 COMMERCIAL DR
- Carroll Floor Covering126 Lexington St
- CDE Restoration, Inc.602 West Broadway
- Central Kentucky finishers509 Williams rd.
- CGW Properties LLCPO Box 1717
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Lexington163 Old Todds Rd Suite 125
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Louisville4203 Bunton Ct
- Chris Henkel Carpentry327 McDowell Rd
- Cost Cutters Residential Remodeling & Commercial Services, Inc.2012 Deauville Drive
- Craftsmen Contractors1200 N Limestone
- Crawford Tree Experts15837 US-27
- Crosby Contracting, LLCPO Box 911121
- Currans Contracting143 Cross Creek Dr
- Custom Cabinetry by Smith1297 Ford Hampton Rd
- Custom Home Services803 Larry Ct
- CUTTING EDGE LANDSCAPES, INC1056 Baker Ln
- C & J Home Improvements
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handyman Connection - Lexington368 Longview Plz Ste 1
- Handyman solutions800 scotts ferry e.
- Harrison Services219 Big Run Road
- HBA Construction & Remodeling4821 Clifford Cir
- Heavenly Homes Inc313 Pelican Lane
- Helton Roofing280 Russell Cave Rd
- Henderlight Construction228 Colchester Dr.
- Home Sweet Home Repair, LLC1628 Red House Road
- HOME TECH HOME IMPROVEMENTS928 BRAVINGTON WAY
- HomeWorks of Kentucky LLC4528 Langley Cir
- House Services Llc4544 Larkhill Ln
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- J & T Home Improvement100 Mary Bourne Dr.
- J Bones Painting LLC526 Grantchester St
- J C Design & Construction585 Sheridan Dr
- J&J Painting238 codell dr
- J&R Construction Co.14 Savannas Way
- J&S Contractors Llc
Silver Spring, Maryland
- J. Donley, Carpentry and Remodeling3480 Greentree Rd.
- J4 Construction LLCPO Box 1372
- Jason Hardy778 Janet st.
- JDB CONTRACTING866 Danville Loop 1 Rd
- JDW HOME WORK LLC3565 Cornwall Dr
- JOHNS SERVICES1703 Charleston Ct
- JT Power Contracting481 Potomac Dr
- J & T Home Improvement
- Nuday Inc.P.O. Box 121
- Nuday Inc.
- OPC ServicesPO Box 19201
- OPC Services
- Quality Built Pergolas749 Commerce Parkway West Dr
- Quality Built Pergolas
- Sam Templin ConstructionPO Box 1691
MOUNT STERLING, Kentucky
- Schrader Custom Builders LLC271 Bates Rd
- Sean's Remodleing1039 Gregory Ln
- Service Drywall460 South Main
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Shed-I-Master Sheds6504 Wiehe Rd.
- Sam Templin Construction