Sometimes it’s better to start fresh with a new garage and that starts with tearing down the old one. Using this guide, you’ll learn how the cost to tear down a garage depends on a few key factors like square footage and safety precautions.
Get matched with top garage builders in Richmond, KY
There are 15 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Richmond
- S & T Remodeling and Repairs, LLCThis job was a fairly extensive and complicated one. Our attic was not originally built for the attic to be finished. We chose only contractors from Angie's List with the best reviews from whom to request bids, and S & T Remodeling (Shawn Courtney, owner) was, by far, the one who gave us the most confidence that he had a firm grasp on what the job would entail, and that he could do it well. in the process, he also discovered that our home was structurally unsound, and pointed out to us how our ceiling joists were already sagging from the weight of our roof. We are super grateful that he discovered this issue, and was able to repair it in a way that our home will never have this problem again. Shawn is a really, really good person. He is the ultimate professional, and very patient. We trusted him to manage our home while we were still living out of state. The work that he did was high-quality, and his pricing was quite a bit lower than the other contractors we received bids from. One of the big name contractors couldn't even give us a bid because they couldn't figure out how to make space for the stairs to be built! Shawn came back to our home a few times during the bidding process with his engineer to make sure his vision would work structurally, and that everything would be to code. He is very much one to see that all of his work meets code, and passes inspections. He saw us through to the very final detail of the job, and made sure we were happy before we made final payment to him. We feel very fortunate to have found S & T Remodeling through Angie's List. Because we were not from this area, and didn't know anyone who could give us a referral, we felt a little at risk. This was a very expensive (over $100,00) endeavor for us, which is a lot of money to us. We feel that we made the right choice in selecting this company, and have confidence in suggesting that anyone else who hires him would too. We highly recommend S & T Remodeling
- S & T Remodeling and Repairs, LLCI could not recommend these folks enough. They are incredibly responsive and easy to work with and their work is wonderful. They never upsold anything and were happy to accommodate some of my last minute changes. Their flexibility and professionalism had this project done months ahead of schedule. Beyond the work itself, Shawn and his team are wonderful people. From Shawn and Dave to the sub-contractors, everyone was incredibly kind and respectful. They are our go-to for any future projects, and we cannot say enough good things about them
- Distinctive Design RemodelingDid a very nice job on our garage. Project took a little longer than anticipated due to rain which caused some water issues. DDR was very concerned with the issue and installed a drain system near our house to prevent any water problems. Chad Tipton our Project Manager stayed on top of things and made sure the job was completed and done correctly. Great group to work with. I would recommend DDR for your next project
- Distinctive Design RemodelingDDR provided an outstanding product. Despite serious winter weather delays, they completed our garage project on time as promised. Our project manager, Chad, provided excellent communication and consultation throughout the building process and was constantly at our job site. All the specialty contractors were professional, providing quality work. Jesse provided us with excellent consultation and expertly and skillfully guided us through our project changes before construction began. We would surely contract with DDR again, great company to work with
- Distinctive Design RemodelingThe garage build was completed faster than expected. The Project Management by Chad and Chris was very good. They communicated each step of build and responded quickly to any questions or concerns I had. I also had really good experiences with Kevin who handled excuvation and concrete and Shannon their electrician. I would recommend Distinctive Design Remodeling for anyone's garage project
- Distinctive Design RemodelingSadly, our garage permit was denied. Kudos to "Distinctive Design Remodeling". They did a LOT of work and STILL gave a full refund. They measured, drew up plans, got all required utility approvals and even took pics of all the other houses in our neighborhood and fought City Hall on our behalf. I was already preliminarily impressed with their knowledge and attention to detail. Even though they never got to complete the job, I can highly recommend them as a reputable company
- Distinctive Design RemodelingWe had 3 estimates and went with Distinctive Design Remodeling. They did a wonderful job and I'm very happy with my new garage.
- Distinctive Design RemodelingConcrete was very good, took personal pride in his work. Structure went up well. Vinyl siding was excellent. Electrician was very professional in his work.
- Distinctive Design RemodelingConstruction went very fast and efficiently. Porch and garage look fantastic and we are getting lots of compliments on the finished work.
- Anderson & Rodgers ConstructionProject manager was thorough, informative, and on-top of all subcontractors used. All change orders were fairly and economically negotiated. PM carefully listened to my wife's comments and followed through accordingly. He worked very well with the electrical and drywall contractors I contracted with separately. (I used these excellent subs previously on other projects at our Landsdowne property.) A/R was recommended by our architect and met all of the architect's specifications providing a results that exceeded expectations. All work was "on time" and to original quote plus fairly negotiated and economical minor change orders. Contract was simple and included all specifications understood at the time of signing. There were NO SURPRISES. Three contractors bid the project. A/R bid was in between high and low bids. Chose A/R based upon architect's recommendations, private recommendations, and rating on Angie's List. ALL A/R folks are VERY professional, straight talking, quality focused, and customer friendly. Donald Mills 2243 Bahama Road, Lexington, KY 40509 678-464-6676 PS: You are welcomed to have A/R walk you through the garage and attendant work. This is part of a major renovation of our new property
Garage Builders in Richmond
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:They completed their work as far as the construction of the house. The cost of the house was $83 per square foot. It took them 11 months and 15 days to complete the work which was during the covid pandemic. They also offered to pay for the invoice for the design plan to my house. The reason for the B rating is for the following reasons: I've got a couple of things that my house is still waiting to be fixed including plumbing to the shower and window shutters to be installed. The internet wire that runs to my living room is hidden as it is inside the insulation. We initially agreed on a price for a double sink vanity, but through confusion on their part, I got a single sink vanity. I did not want to make a bigger deal out of things so I settled with one of their remedies which was to add an extension to the vanity for an additional cost of just material. Initially when they poured the driveway, it was not poured correctly. I brought it to his attention and he asked me what I suggested he should do. I asked him if he could redo it and he laughed and said he can't do that. 3 weeks after I moved in to the house, the cracks that were already there got longer and another spot started to crumble. Only after he saw that, he then told me he would fix it. Magnus Home Builders accused my family saying that we sabotage the air conditioning system. They waited until I moved in to tell me they had changed the size of my laundry room. They reimbursed me with credit for my laundry washer.Daniel E.
- Business Description:Martin Saunders owner of All-Pro of Kentucky has been serving Lexington and surrounding areas with Kitchen & Bathroom remodeling services as well as a complete handyman services since 1990. We have very strong relationships with subcontractors if needed. Our General Contractors license is for both Residential and Commercial work. Our service charge start at $35.00 (local) with a 75.00/ per hour per craftsman, min for small jobs. Jobs over $1000.00 will be estimated. Materials are charged a..Recent Review:We are extremely pleased with our recent remodeling. Martin and his team (Dan and Tim) were super nice to work with, very patient, responsive, courteous and accommodating, plus they made very helpful professional suggestions on the design, color, and materials. They remodeled our kitchen (cabinets, lighting fixtures, wall painting) and 2 bathrooms. The quality of their painting, tiling, cabinetwork, structural work, and craftsmanship in general, was outstanding. They were obviously motivated to do the best job possible. I recommend them very highlyYing R.
- Business Description:Legacy fencing offer top quality fencing from privacy to chain link we also do 3 board and 4 board and invisible dog fencing. We also offer decking and car port and garage builds. Along with concrete work and metal fabricating Legacy fencing has been in business for over 12 years we offer top quality materials and service to our clients.Call or message us today for your free estimate. Let legacy take the do out of your honey do list todayRecent Review:Zach was great to work with. He considered my input and gave me exactly what I envisioned.Frank C.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Free estimates! Normally half down and remainder upon completion, some exceptions can be arranged depending on the situation. Cash, check, VISA, MC, Discover, AMEX accepted. $50.00 returned check fee, and 2.75% additional charge to all card forms of payment apply. Card payments can be taken on site via Intuit services. Same day repair service in most cases, unless parts must be ordered. New doors ordered normally take 2-4 weeks to be delivered, then installation upon arrival. Some doors and o..Recent Review:It went great. This vendor provided awesome professional service and worked to make the experience as painless as possible. They were quick and didn't inconvenience me in the least. Highly recommend and would use againadam h.
- Business Description:The patio pergola is the perfect way to turn your backyard into a great new living area. Providing shade, it’s great for backyard parties, hanging out with the family, just relaxing or even to create the perfect focal point for your garden area. The genuine patio pergola can be customized to fit your vision. Order your genuine patio pergola today! Additional Service Area- Indiana (other) market Ask for DetailsRecent Review:Quality Built Pergolas did a great job building and installing our pergola. It is beautiful! They were also quick to get back to me with questions and finished in timely manner.Shannon G.
- Business Description:We are here to help you with all your construction needs such as rough carpentry, concrete, excavation, property maintenance and more.Recent Review:Devon does a really great job! We couldn't believe how fast he got things done! Already planning our next job with Poe Construction!Mike R.
- Business Description:Serving central Kentucky since 2006, Anderson & Rodgers construction is built on the ideas of honesty and integrity. We pride ourselves on our professionalism with clients, contractors, and vendors. We stand by our word and our work, so you can be confident in knowing that you are receiving the best quality service and craftsmanship. Feel free to visit our website www.andersonandrodgers.com for a more in depth look at our services and photos of our completed projectsRecent Review:We did the powder room first and we liked them so much we had them do the full baths. Their estimate was detailed and accurate. Workerswere on time, very professional, and we did not hesitate to have them working in our home while we were not there. Their supervisor checked in frequently. We had no delays during the process and each remodel was finishd in the estimated timeJackie D.
- Business Description:We are a small construction company serving Estill, Lee, Powell & surrounding counties. We specialize in home & office renovations & repairs. We are a professional licensed and insured company, and here at Tipton's Creek Side LLC Construction & Repair we know & understand that our customers homes are one of their most valued possessions, and we value our customers, we care about & treat our customers like familyRecent Review:We had a very old oven/stove unit that finally gave up the ghost the week before Thanksgiving. Horrors. My husband bought a replacement on Craigs List. It was new, still in the box, but we were not 100% sure it would work in our space. Anthony and his co-worker determined that the new oven was four inches too short and "tight" on the sides. I thought "oh-oh". But without hesitation or hemming and hawing, they made it work. They took responsibility for the whole job all the way to completion. They had to replace the cable, cut the counter on both sides (!!!), and add lumber to elevate the oven. It looks beautiful and the appliance gets hot when I turn it on. Thumbs up. My husband was so happy he didn't have to mess with this. Let me add that they were very careful about my wood floors, and didn't bump any walls bringing the new oven in and taking the old oven outKaren Y.
- Business Description:Commercial / Residential Service and InstallationRecent Review:Scheduled him to come for an estimate. Didnt show up but was running late when I texted. Asked to come the next day. Showed up, reviewed what was needed, a date for the work was discussed and awaiting a quote. Quote never came even though several texts and an email were sent. Never heard from him again.....Donna M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
If you’ve ever wondered what precisely a pole barn is, you’re about to find out. Not many know the advantages and disadvantages to the cost, construction style, and flexibility of building one on your own or hiring a contractor for the job.
The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Find garage builders in
- Paint Lick
- Clay City
- Crab Orchard
- Mount Vernon
- Mount Sterling
- North Middletown
garage builders in Richmond
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1st Call Disaster ServicesPO Box 472
- 1st Call Disaster Services
- A-1 Roofing & Home Improvement570 Wilderness Rd
- A1 Construction1616 Thirlstane Ct
- ADAMS GENERAL CONTRACTOR & CONSTRUCTION
- Advanced Roofing & Construction Inc.306 Hunter Ln
- Advantage Services, LLCP.O. Box 445
- ALL AMERICAN CONSTRUCTION, LLC104 Hawthorne Ct
- All Seasons Drywall LLC833 Carneal Rd.
- All-Pro of Kentucky6079 Lexington Rd
- American Maintenance & Contracting Solutions, LLC1102 Brandy Lane
- Anderson & Rodgers Construction170 Prosperous Pl
- Anderson Custom Construction & Restoration3495 Steele Road
- ASC Construction LLC102 N colonial heights dr
- A-1 Roofing & Home Improvement
- Barnes Construction217 Shiloh Crest Ct
- Big Moe's Tractor Work231 Creek Ridge Dr
- Bill's Remodeling3842 Northampton Dr
- Bluegrass Home Repair Services LLC1555 E New Circle Rd Ste 142
- Bob Vance contractor2268 Tate's creek road
- Brodys contracting
West Liberty, Kentucky
- Budget Friendly Contracting LLC3516 Branchwood Place
- Barnes Construction
- C & J Home Improvements848 Malabu Dr
- CDE Restoration, Inc.602 West Broadway
- Central Kentucky finishers509 Williams rd.
- Cost Cutters Residential Remodeling & Commercial Services, Inc.2012 Deauville Drive
- Craftsmen Contractors1200 N Limestone
- Crawford Tree Experts15837 US-27
- Custom Home Services803 Larry Ct
- CUTTING EDGE LANDSCAPES, INC1056 Baker Ln
- C & J Home Improvements
- D & M Contracting IncPO Box 1864
- Dalton Construction Management316 Twin Spires Trail
- DeArmond Construction and Remodeling, Inc108 Stirling Lane
- Distinctive Design Remodeling1050 ENTERPRISE DR STE 100
- Dream Remodelers475 Ron Clar Dr
- Dunn Ventures IncP.O. Box 22352
- D & M Contracting Inc
- Gamble Masonry521 Parsley dr
- Garcias Global Solutions Corp3825 Trade St
- GARDCO IMPROVEMENTS LLCP.O. Box 23776
- Green Space Contracting LLC256 Mockingbird Lane
- Ground Zero Storm Shelters4600 Independence Rd
- Gulley Remodeling & Home Improvement Inc.1170 Industry Road
- Gamble Masonry
- H and H General construction109 N Colonial Heights Dr
- HBA Construction & Remodeling4821 Clifford Cir
- Heavenly Homes Inc313 Pelican Lane
- Henderlight Construction228 Colchester Dr.
- HomeWorks of Kentucky LLC4528 Langley Cir
- House Calls332 Whitfield Dr
- H and H General construction
- J C Design & Construction585 Sheridan Dr
- J&R Construction Co.14 Savannas Way
- J. Donley, Carpentry and Remodeling3480 Greentree Rd.
- Jase133 Goodrich Ave
- Jason Hardy778 Janet st.
- JDB CONTRACTING866 Danville Loop 1 Rd
- J C Design & Construction
- Nuday Inc.P.O. Box 121
- Nuday Inc.
- Quality Built Pergolas749 Commerce Parkway West Dr
- Quality Built Pergolas
- Sawin General Contractor2925 Mt McKinley Way
- Schrader Custom Builders LLC271 Bates Rd
- Sean's Remodleing1039 Gregory Ln
- Sell Construction & Electrical Co. LLC.2639 Frankfort Rd
- Shed-I-Master Sheds6504 Wiehe Rd.
- Slate Creek Contracting Services1787 Peeled Oak Road
- Statham's Garage Door Service245 Breckenridge Lane
- Steve Head Home Building & Remodeling LLC2336 The Woods Ln
- Storage Sheds of Kentucky3003 Red House Rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Sawin General Contractor
- T & D Construction1872 barksdale dr
- T&M Construction2291 Bahama Rd
- Task Hound Home Improvement224 Autumn Ct
- THOMPSON SIDING940 CHARLIE NORRIS RD
- Tipton's Creek Side LLC Construction & Repair149 Crystal Creek Lane
- Tri States Painting & Construction1032 N. 12th St
- T & D Construction
- UBuildIt Lexington1031 Wellington Way Ste 110
- UBuildIt Lexington