Michael Angelo Exteriors

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2014

4.2

581 Lancaster Dr SE # 322

Salem, OR 97317

We are still servicing our clients and taking extra precautions to handle your needs during these unprecedented times. Welcome to Michael Angelo Remodeling & Painting, (CCB#121571), we offer reliable, expedient and quality work. Your home’s exterior is what sets you apart from your neighbors. Let us help you achieve outstanding curb appeal by siding and/or painting your home. We are a proud member of the James Hardie Preferred Contractor Alliance! We off 0% Financing! Free estimates! Estimates includes labor, materials and removal/hauling away existing siding. Visit us at http://www.michaelangeloremodelingandpainting.com We are a proud Preferred Contractor with the James Hardie Alliance Program! Check out our profile! https://contractors.jameshardie.com/rml-or-michael-angelo-exteriors...

10/03/2022

Melissa B.

There were a lot of communication issues. It was finished in the end but a messy process.

Description of Work
paint exterior of house

07/30/2021

Jon W.

Fantastic…I would highly recommend Michael Angelos Exteriors. Michael was very reasonable and his crew was easy to work with. These guys are very good and very fast!

Description of Work
Painted our house

Category contractors, house painters

07/16/2021

Troy G.

Michael Angelo painted our home in early May 2021 and did a fantastic job! They were quick, efficient and responsive to questions about the work, colors and options. I have recommended to several others since with the same outstanding results. Would highly recommend for both quality and affordability!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

05/30/2021

Angelica T.

The crew did an outstanding job. We would use Michaelangelo Exteriors for future jobs without hesitation.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

11/18/2020

Sandra C.

In the summer of 2019, we had our home painted by Michael Angelo Exteriors. Our home was built in 1938 and needed some TLC. We have a 1450 square foot house, barn, detached garage and storage building. At first, Michael was very accommodating. I did have to ask for a contract. The crew he sent out consisted of two painters. We also had a carpenter come out to replace some siding. The first carpenter never finished the job. A second carpenter was sent out and had to completely redo everything the first carpenter had done since the job was so shoddy. The painters were supposed to scrape off any peeling paint, but missed several spots. There were also several missed areas that had not been painted. My husband had to keep a close watch on the painters and point out flaws to be corrected. While they were working on our home, we were out of town for a couple of days. Which we informed the workers. They had placed their tools in our garage and locked the door. Since we were not home, they literally broke into our garage. Thus, setting off our alarm system and the police were dispatched. We happened to be in an area with no cell coverage at the time so did not receive the call until we were on our way home. My husband has contacted Michael over and over for several months to fix a specific area of concern that is now peeling. Michael stated he would take care of it, but has had multiple excuses why he couldn't make arrangements. He has promised to remedy the situation several times, but has never shown up, even after appointments had been made. After much frustration, we have basically written him off. We would not recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Exterior Paint

Category contractors, house painters

09/20/2020

Patrice C.

We lived working with them Max and Eddie our painters were great. So plotted and responsive.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of 2 story home

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

11/16/2019

Kris B.

A representative came out. My husband explained the work to be done. The man said he would send a bid in a few days. We never heard from this company again.

Description of Work
Painting the trim on our house

10/18/2019

Anna M.

This was a difficult time of year to take on exterior painting. They managed it very well and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

08/01/2019

Krista N.

Very good. He came out and did the job really fast. They started the date they said they would. They did my whole house within 2 days.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

07/11/2019

Peter F.

Things did not go well. After so much went wrong I should have taken him to court. His crew damaged my windows and he never fixed them. If you want a professional painter, find someone else. Problems: 1. The painters painted my windows shut. It took a while to get that fixed properly. 2. The painters did not speak English and had no idea what color to paint the house or the trim or the front door. I speak Spanish pretty well but what if I hadn't? We told a painting consultant that Michael hired about what colors we wanted everything painted and that information was supposed to be conveyed to the painters. 3. They painted over the metal parts of the window that contain the springs (I have wood windows) and that stopped them from functioning properly. I talked to Michael Angelo about this and he said he'd fix it. He never did. I gave up after the third or fourth contact. (Don't pay this guy until you've had a chance to live with the job for a few days. I mean, don't hire him, but if you do.... 4. My impression was that he had a bunch of guys that he'd picked up at Home Depot parking lot or he was contracting out to another crew. Some of them had no idea what they were doing. (Go back to the part where they painted my windows shut and painted over the mechanical parts.) 5. There were several spots where the paint did not cover and the old paint was showing through. I told him about this but he never came to fix this either. It wasn't a hard to fix, but he was supposed to come and fix the windows and I had paid him a lot of money to paint the whole house correctly. 6. Painters showed up with no notice early one morning. Somebody dropped the ball and forgot to tell me they were coming. 7. It was a hot day and his crew came unprepared with no water. I gave them water but they didn't tell me they needed more. Michael finally showed up and started supervising, but by then all of the things above had happened.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of my house.

11/08/2016

Greg D.

Michael Angelo exteriors painted our house. It hadn't been painted for several years, so needed lots of prep work. They did a great job, and got it all done before the weather got too cold despite me not calling them until the end of summer. The house turned out great!

Description of Work
We had our house painted and deck railing stained, with some minor repairs to the siding.

10/17/2016

Teresa B.

The price was very reasonable, though we had to make a few phone calls to see when they were going to start. They came & pressure washed 2 1/2 weeks before painting, which I would not recommend waiting that long. The guys were very nice, & professional, as well as pleasant. They did a very nice job on the painting, though when caulking the hardiplank boards, it was not to good. They needed to smooth it in after caulking. Most of it was left to thick, kind of chunky, which did not look good. It needed smoothed in with the grain of the hardiplank. Therefore, it did not look as nice as what it could/should have. I would hire again, though would make sure to talk to them about the issues with the caulking.

Description of Work
We had the exterior of our house painted.

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

07/31/2016

Judith S.

Michael Angelo Exteriors was recommended to us by several of our neighbors who had used them to paint their houses over the past few summers. They couldn't say enough about the quality of the workmanship and the fabulous pricing. We had an estimate done and made the decision to use them also. We upgraded our paint to Benjamin Moore Aura, which added a little increase to the price, but it was still incredibly reasonable. My husband is quite anal about preparation and painting and has always painted our houses himself, so he was a bit nervous about having somebody else do it. He can't say enough about what a great job they did in both prep and painting. Jose and Jaime were hard-working and their attention to detail was wonderful. They were extremely neat in their work and not a speck of paint was left behind in unwanted places. We could not be more pleased with the results and have already recommended Michael Angelo Exteriors to others we know who are contemplating painting their house in the next year or two.

Description of Work
House Exterior Painting

07/11/2016

Mike J.

Everyone arrived right on time, from the pressure washer to the painters and the estimator. The two painters worked long hours and had the home painted in just over 1 1/2 days. I have inspected the results three times and have found nothing that needs to be redone. The site was cleaned up after the service. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of home

02/04/2016

Marjorie E.

I would like them to be more responsive to phone calls and concerns. The price was pretty competitive. It was very nicely done. The painters that actually did the job were an 'A', the owner of the company was more a 'B' on professionalism. The actual painters were very good and very responsive.

Description of Work
They did a complete paint on the outside of my house.

07/14/2015

Mike H.

Project involved replacing cedar siding on one side of the house and then painting the entire house. Over a 3 month there were 14 times when they were scheduled to perform work when no one showed up and there was no contact from them. The only time I heard from them were when they wanted money or I had contacted them to find out where they were. Their siding remover cut through an electrical line and it took them 2 weeks to fix it. Ditto with carpentry errors. 3 months later, after numerous promises to complete the caulking and painting, it's still not done, and I'll either have to do it myself or hire another contractor. I would never use them in a million years.

Description of Work
Replace siding, paint house

09/28/2014

ROBIN B.

I have a daughter who is having heart surgery next month, and I needed to get a spare bedroom fixed up for people who are coming into town to help me take care of her. I had a hole in the wall that needed to be patched (24 x 17) where an air conditioner had been, and needed siding repaired, insulation ,etc. I saw an ad in the local paper for Michael Angelo, called, and he sent someone out within an hour to do a bid. I was very impressed by the quickness of getting the bid. I was given the written bid, was told that they would be in touch to schedule, I told them what my time frame was for getting it done. And never heard from anyone. After a week, I called and left a message. And I went on their website and filled out a contact form asking that someone contact me. No answer. Here is the thing - if they didn't want to do a small job, they should have said right up front, instead of ignoring me. and this may have been a small job, but I am looking for a contractor who can do some larger jobs over the next couple of years; a kitchen and bath remodel, a new roof, etc. But if you can't be responsible in the little things, how can I trust you for the big things? I ended up having to do the work myself - ran out of time waiting for someone to call me back and didn't have time to go out and get more bids. So shame on this company for lack of professionalism.

Description of Work
I received a bit for a small job, and was told that I would be contacted to schedule the job within a day or so. No call, left voice mails, emailed, etc. Never contacted me

07/23/2014

Stephanie S.

He was really good about helping me pick up the color because I wasn't sure and he came out with a really nice color scheme for the house. However, he has other people that are working for him and they are actually the ones that have performed the work and the communication wasn't really good between him and them.

Description of Work
We're using Michael Angelo Exteriors.

Category house painters, interior painters

06/02/2014

DEBBIE A.

I am so happy. We have received numerous compliments from the neighbors. It's fun to see cars slowing down in front of the house and looking, honking, waving and giving the thumbs up sign. The new siding and tri-color paint scheme have definitely added value to our home. When we drive up there is a feeling of "Wow." This is our house. We get to live here. It's exciting. The painting was flawless. Everything was appropriately masked, tape and covered. The job site was left perfectly clean each day. Nothing was broken or damaged. Mike treated our home as if it were his home. Neat, clean, tidy, quiet. We will definitely hire Michael Angelo Exteriors for future work and will refer Michael Angelo Exteriors to friends, neighbors and family.

Description of Work
First phase was exterior siding. Second phase power washing and Exterior Painting, three colors.

05/23/2014

DEBBIE A.

MichaelAngelo Exteriors did a beautiful job of removing the old, faded, cracked vinyl siding on our home. After the old siding and old paper was removed, we were shocked to discover that the five gables on our home had never been wrapped when it was originally built. The removal process was neat and clean. The job site was cleaned up each day. MichaelAngelo Exteriors wrapped our home with Tyvek Drain Wrap with a one foot overlap, taking care to tape all of the seams horizontally and vertically and paid special attention to wrapping around the windows, doors, electrical panels, faucets and lights. Afterwards they installed Hardi-Trim on all of the corners, around the brick work and framed out all of the windows including arched windows and the sliding door. They also installed Hardi Blocks for the electric, faucets and lights. They installed the Hardi-Plank siding very efficiently. They are very few seams on the entire home. Metal flashing was installed at each seam, flashing was installed over every window, door, faucet, electric outlet and lights. They even did a kick out of flashing from the gable roof into the gutter. They made excellent use of their materials. We also had Hardi-Shake installed on three of the gables. Afterwards they took the time to caulk EVERYTHING. Our home looks beautiful, the neighbors love it and we haven't even picked out paint colors yet. I would definitely recommend MichaelAngelo Exteriors. The crew is neat, clean and efficient. Michael was at our job site each morning and each evening to check on the progress and answer any questions we had. Michael promptly answers the phone and returns all phone calls. We plan on having his paint crew do the next step in our project.

Description of Work
Removal of old Vinyl Siding and Paper and installation of new Tyvek Drain Wrap, Hardi-Trim, Hardi-Shake and Hardi-Panels.

01/07/2014

Daniel S.

We called Michael Angelo rather late in the fall, and we caused a lot of delay in selecting the colors, but he got it done before the weather got too bad. He was upfront about what he would do and what it would cost. I needed the job done at a low cost, and he did that. Work was not quite perfect in some minor details, but overall it was good, and the paint used was very good quality.. He was good about returning afterwards to correct glitches like windows painted shut. There were some times he did not come when he had said he would, and times I had to tell things to his employees that he had evidently not told them. But the job did get done in a reasonable time, and we are happy with the results as well as with the price. I felt we got a very good deal for our money.

Description of Work
Repainted exterior of our house.

04/12/2013

Tonia B.

He blew us off four times. He wasted our time. We tried to get him to show up four times. They did not show up, they did not call four times. When I spoke with them today, they just said that they forgot again. They are extremely unreliable.

Description of Work
We had wanted them to pull up and replace our laminate floor. We had the supplies ready to go, we were just waiting on the labor from this company.

Category flooring contractor

04/10/2012

Phyllis L.

.He really does a beautiful job. Some times he seems alittle flaky. as sometimes it was hard to get ahold of him. He is very professional and there was no clean up on my part he did it all and the prie was more then fair. I would use him again.

Description of Work
.I use Michael Angelo Exteriors for some inside painting I needed done.

Category interior painters

02/28/2011

Myron J.

I would never have him again. I wrote to Angie's List for help because I thought he might complain as I didn't pay him the total amount.. I ended up paying $3000 at the end. He completed a little more than half the job. One main thing that kept happening was that he would continually not show up on the correct day or arrive on time, and then he would end up apologizing Over and over . . . . He was late several times. I found people out in my yard working on garbage cans and left over materials. I found a man sanding my brand new front door in a bunch of dirt. This was 8 at night. He was just not qualified or organized to manage a crew. He would say he had ordered things and we would find they never were ordered. I ended up ordering them myself. This happened with my front porch posts, the stone for the front of the house and my shutters. When he finally ordered the shutters they were the wrong size, color and style! It was just one thing after another. He didn't write down things we would talk about and the information did not make it to his crew and things were not completed as we discussed. More than once when he showed up it was with a totally different crew than the crew he originally planned. . I would find out later he hired them at the last minuted because his regular crew backed out. He did hire one young man to do the painting. He was outstanding. He did an excellent job. I was very happy with him but he had to come and ask me what colors I wanted for all the different parts of the house because Michael never relayed any information to him. Michael said he was licensed, I checked him out but got conflicting information so I am not sure if he actually was. I contracted with him in March and the job never did get done. I had somebody else finish it in September 7 months from the time Michael started. . Two of the workers that put stone on the front of my house brought their boys to play all day. When I told Michael about this he got defensive. I told Michael that I could be liable if anyone got hurt . I was paying them to work not babysit. He acted as if he did not understand the problem. I found him literally hugging some of the crew out in my front yard thanking them for coming because he was so thankful they showed up. The men that worked for him were constantly coming and saying they were sorry for errors that were caused by Michael. Not enough stone ordered, no paint when they arrived . Often I would provide ice water as it was very hot. He was supposed to be checking on them and I don't ever remember having him come and check on them. He would come at night once in a great while. He would hire workers that couldn't get jobs and so he would have to drive them here and pick them up at night. He would pick them at 9 or 10 in the night sometimes. It was one thing after another. Be sure you get an itemized contract with a written time frame if you choose to work with Michael.

Description of Work
I used the services of Michael Angelo Exteriors in July for siding and exterior painting.

10/31/2010

Amanda G.

Quote: Very reasonable, knowledgeable, explained the process, liked that he didn't charge by the color Work: Some problems with communication on our side and theirs, confusion about some work to be done and finish time, we were not present to know how work was going--this would have been helpful to do End: Owner appologized for the problems, got the work done, the house looks beautiful, and was right on quote,

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of the home.