Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Hudson, NY
There are 9 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Hudson
- Big Willy's Septic ServicesExcellent service. We called at 9pm for a clog or pump out. He came first thing in the morning and was so quick and professional. He used the snake to remove a clog. Quality service! I can not praise them enough.
- C & F SEPTIC SVC INCMike was very friendly and helpful in determining the issue with my main line. Mike is quite knowledgeable about septic system. He work quickly and efficiently to complete the work.
- Excellent Exterior and Deck Company, Inc.Working with Joe was incredible, he might be a big guy, with a little machine, but he gets the job done, and he does it right! Joe and his crew helped get our kit ready for our dream home. He dug and graded for our foundation, dealt with water issues throughout the lot, and installed our entire septic system. He was easy to work with, thoughtful, and had good ideas. His crew especially Ben and Ian were friendly, smart, and very hard workers. By far they were the most painless contractor I’ve worked with, 10/10 would recommend
- Battaglia ExcavationRecently, we began having problems with our 50 year old drywell that is only used to receive laundry water and HVAC condensate discharge. The problem was that water was siphoning back into the basement deep sink. Originally I thought this to be a faulty check valve. I decided that what ever this problem was; we had to dig out the tank and expose the two drywell half covers or lids. When uncovered we found the tank full to overflowing past the covers. There were no access ports in either cover. To allow the tank to be pumped; an access hole had to be cut in one of the reinforced concrete covers. What had happened to the drywell was that after fifty years of use, the phosphate detergent had caused the drainage pores of the sandy soil to become blocked, forming a seal, not allowing for proper drainage. With the drywell pumped, I contacted a plumber to repair some inside valve issues. I also contacted Brian, owner of Battaglia Excavation. He explained to me just what I explained above; why the drywell had failed. He told me his fix would be to: * Install a new 1000 gallon drywell down stream of the old drywell. * Use the 50 year old drywell as a settling pond to separate the particulates in the laundry water. * Remove one of the old dry well lids (newly designated settling pond lid) and install a baffle with piping to the new drywell, then replace that lid. The baffle intake pipe would take a suction from the clean water region of the settling pond and gravity drain this fluid to the new drywell. * Finally, he would install a pump out riser with cover on the settling pond lid above the cutout access hole for future sludge removal. i decided that using Brian’s method would eliminate messy repairs to the old drywell and even use this tank as part of the new system. The new drywell could be installed in an area that has great sandy soil drainage. I explained that access to the yard was completely fenced in. Brian explained he has a small excavator and small dump truck that he uses. His written proposal included removing and replacing a section of fence. I had some home owner preps which included: * Removing some exposed in-ground sprinklers. * Cutting back a couple of tree branches to allow dump truck access. * Cutting back some side privet hedges to ground level again for dump truck access. Brian gave me a written estimate of $3700.00 that included everything; equipment usage, parts and labor. He started the job within the time frame I gave him and had everything completed including a final landscaping within two days; at his estimated cost of $3700.00. I am very happy with the job he and his coworker did and would highly recommend Battaglia Excavation for any drywell / septic related work. I am submitting photos of the project, all photos have a 2017 date, the camera was never reset. These photos were taken on 9/13/2019 & 9/14/2019. This was not septic tank work, this was actually drywell work, Angies List does not have a drywell category
- A-1 quality septic & drainPunctual, honest and so friendly! Had our septic pumped and inspected today. Found some major issues and will be having them back out to complete the work in a couple weeks.
- ROTTERDAM SEPTIC SYSTEMS INCMatt was very professional and respectful. I could hardly tell he was here since he replaced the grass after digging it up to pump out the septic tank. I would highly recommend his services.
- Rooter Man Plumbing & Drain.Worker came on time and after reviewing the problem, fixed it in a short time. Gave some free advise regarding washing machine hoses and checked gas line for leaks(free?) Left the area clean.
- Rooter Man Plumbing & DrainThey came out the SAME DAY we called. Dave was very accommodating and fair. The helped identify the issue and gave us a fair assessment of how we should proceed. They were great at identifying an otherwise camouflaged septic system. They were fast, friendly and professional. I used their Angie's list coupon. Look for it
- Big Willy's Septic ServicesExcellent. They got to my house less than an hour after I called. They pumped out the septic tank, found and cleared out the blockage. They worked quickly as I had to run get my kids from daycare and when I got back about 30 mins later they were already done. They charged me what I thought was a very reasonable price and I was very happy with their service. I have always used Big Willy's Septic in the 10 years I have been a homeowner. They have consistently provided prompt, professional services at affordable prices. I highly recommend Big Willy's Septic Services
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water CleanupI called Roto-Rooter and they came out within an hour. They would have been there sooner but I had to drop my kids off at daycare. The serviceman Rob was professional and courteous. He even put on the slip on floor protectors before he came in the house. It is amazing how small details can mean a lot because I have had service people come into the house and get dirt everywhere. He examined the situation and after asking me questions about my septic suggested getting the septic tank pumped out first. He explained how if the tank was full snaking would be useless. Also pulling off the drain cap could make a big mess in my basement. So he gave me a solution that involved getting the tank pumped out, which I had to do anyway, then calling him if the problems persisted. I appreciated his honesty and he did not charge me for his time. I called Big Willy's Septic and they fixed the problem quickly. Roto-Rooter followed up with me to see if the problem was resolved. Even though they did not perform a paid service Rob's honest, professional opinion was just as valuable because it saved me money and now I feel I have a plumbing service I trust in the Roto-Rooter of Schenectady
Septic Tank Companies in Hudson
- Business Description:We are a small construction company who's business model is focused on both customer service and the quality of our work. The owner, Joseph Vitale, is present on all job sites to ensure that the level of craftsmanship is held to the highest standard. We are proud to announce that we now offer GoliathTech helical piles foundation systems! Additionally we offer excavation services, foundation's dug, trenching, clearing, gradeing, waterfroofing and drainage. PLEASE CONTACT US BY PHONE OR TEXT, W..Recent Review:The project went very well. Ian, the Project Manager and Ben, the crew foreman, along with the crew did a great job. From initial contact with Ian to completion of the project, they were all professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend themGail H.
- Business Description:We have been proudly serving capital district for over 20 years! We offer services from asphalt paving, sealcoating, full excavation service and commercial snow management. We have built our business around the needs of the customer, we offer a variety of services to make any exterior project a smooth transition into the final product you envisionedRecent Review:Competitive pricing and good work. Their estimator was very professional and timely.Jose G.
- Business Description:OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE YOU CAN TRUST Welcome to Ashely Homes. Located in Saugerties, NY, in Ulster County, Ashley Home Construction Company has over 20 years of experience in modular homebuilding. Our knowledgeable and courteous sales staff and expert construction services will help you and your family find the home of your dreams. Whether it's a complete turnkey home or solely an Excel Modular Home purchase with a homeowner build, you can rest assured we will be there to help you every ste..Recent Review:We had our home built by John Hommel Ashley Builders. They were wonderful to work with. I’d definitely use them again and would recommend them to all.Leslie B.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated.Recent Review:I called Kyle on a Sun. afternoon. He said he would come over early on Mon. morning. He was here at 7:00. It took him an hour or two to troubleshoot the problems. He found and corrected problems inside with a valve and a gauge. He found that the outside casing had a hole in a pipe and was leaking. This was the source of the problem; it was causing the indoor problems, too. He said he would be back at noon with Mike and an excavator to correct the pipe issue. He came back as he said he would. It must have taken about three hours for them to excavate and repair the pipe, complicated by the excessive water at the site due the leak from the pipe and high water table. They were able to repair it so we had water again. Hurray! They backfilled and cleaned up the site as best they could given the wet and muddy conditions. They gave us very prompt, polite, and skilled service. My wife and I are very well pleased. We will use them againJerald V.
- Business Description:Rooter-Man of the Capital District has won Angie's List Super Service Award the last eight of the last nine years (2019,2017,2016,2015,2014,2013,2012,2011). That can only happen when you take customer service and technical expertise very seriously, like we do. If you need a sewer line snaked, a new faucet installed, a new water heater and most any other plumbing job tackled give us a call. We would be honored to provide you with the same high level of service that we have built a reputation f..Recent Review:Plumber was fast, efficient. Cleaned out main pipe to septic and confirmed septic was in perfect condition. Offered veterans discount. Left area fairly clean.Dave S.
- Business Description:I am a hands-on home inspector with 16 years of home inspection experience, as well as "real world" construction experience that is valuable information on a home inspection. Experienced, dedicated and professional, I am a home inspector who takes pride in providing my clients with a detailed, impartial home inspection. We provide easy-to-read electronic reports within 24 hours of your home inspection for your convenience. Call me today and see why people have chosen Blue Jay Inspections LLC ..Recent Review:Jay was great! We are in the middle of the homebuying process and contacted him for a sewer line scope. He came prepared and walked us through what he was seeing. Even though it wasn't great news (obstruction, ended up being a collapsed line), we're glad he found it now rather than after we had closed on the home. I recommend that everyone get the sewer line inspected before buying a home. It definitely worth it for usCollin B.
- Business Description:https://www.baldeagle.biz As the President of Bald Eagle Inspection Services, I have nearly two decades of practical experience in both residential and commercial construction industries. Much of my professional career has been spent as an Estimator and Project Manager for a large general contractor in New York State. I have a vast knowledge and experience background working with commercial and residential systems, components and proper building practices, including the successful completion..Recent Review:Being a first time home buyer and looking at a 120 year old house, I was concerned with getting in over my head with possible repairs. The report Jason provided exceeded expectations and reviewed items I wouldn't have though of. Now, 6 months after moving in, I am using his report as a guide to take preventative measures to avoid costly fixes in the futureTom H.
- Business Description:M&M Excavating is is small excavation company specializing in but not limited to septic system installation and repair, site work, driveway installation and repair, brush clearing, and many others. We are dedicated to providing good quality work at reasonable rates.Recent Review:They were very good, very nice to work with. Very professional, did what they said they would do, the equipments were immaculate and the price they quote is the price that you gonna pay, no hidden charges.Gary H.
- Business Description:ProSeptic is a recent addition to the Hudson Valley with professional, prompt and affordable service. With a combined 30+ years experience in the industry, ProSeptic has quickly made their mark on the Hudson Valley with household name clients in Wappingers Falls, Kingston, Poughkeepsie and other parts of the Hudson Valley. Whether you need a septic pumping, repair or install, ProSeptic takes pride in our work and makes sure we get it right the first time. Contact us today for a free estim..Recent Review:Fast and friendly! Needed emergency pumping of septic, and they arrived within minutes! Would highly recommend!Bretagne O.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business since 1984, located in Wappingers Falls, New York. Additional phone - (845) 724-4800. Fax (845) 724-4600. We specialize in Residential and Commercial installation and repair: hot water heaters, coils, septic tanks pumping, heating, drain cleaning, snaking and camera inspection, baseboard heat, gas and oil boilers, water softeners, wells & pumps as well as BIG jobs that need excavationRecent Review:Scheduled the repair on Sunday for Monday 12-3. I left two voice messages between 2:30 and 2:45 to get an eta. Nothing. Called again at 3 and the receptionist told me that they had an emergency and had to reschedule for Friday. Not acceptable! Horrible customer service. Now I am another day without water. Never again! Do not hire!!Debra A.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- West Coxsackie
septic tank services in Hudson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Huber Enterprises, Inc.30 Browns Crossing Rd
Catskill, New York
- Huber Enterprises, Inc.
- M&M Excavating 179 Root Ln
- Malone's Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Remodeling L45-47 S Hudson Ave
Stillwater, New York
- Mountain Top Portable Toilets & Septic21 2nd Dyke Rd
Averill Park, New York
- MPR Excavation LLC266 Craven Road
Delanson, New York
- Mr Rooter Of Waterford392 Hudson River Rd
Waterford, New York
- MT Simoncavage Plumbing & Excavation17 Park Ave
Stillwater, New York
- M&M Excavating
- Night Owl Mechanical105 County Route 312
Westerlo, New York
- Night Owl Mechanical
- Quality Stone Works, Inc.49 Elm Street
Hudson Falls, New York
- Quality Stone Works, Inc.
- Vic's Roll Off DumpstersPO Box 4210
Schenectady, New York
- Vic's Roll Off Dumpsters
- Wicked Web Design & SEO1312 North Monroe St. Suite 137
- Wicked Web Design & SEO