House Doctors

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2007

3048 N Old Greensboro Rd.

High Point, NC 27265

House Doctors is the professional handyman service you can trust for all of your home improvements and repairs. We provide the highest level of professional workmanship because all of our technicians are screened, licensed, bonded and insured. Our uniformed staff will show up on time and complete

04/24/2018

Stephen K.

I couldn't get them to call me back

Description of Work
Replace drywall and baseboards in guest bathroom

Category handyman service

According to our phone log, Mr. [Member Name Removed] called the first time on 4/3/18. We returned the call and left a message for Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Mr. [Member Name Removed] returned our call on 4/5/18, and we returned his call, again having to leave a message. We did not hear back from Mr. [Member Name Removed] until we received this review. We are certainly at fault for not continuing to try and reach Mr. [Member Name Removed]. However, we did try to reach him originally, and the last call made was ours with a message to give our estimator Eric Tysinger a call back. We regret any misunderstanding and certainly regret that we were not able to assist him with his work. Steve Cranford

10/18/2017

kevin B.

Simple job took months to resolve and still wasn't done correctly. Floor leaked, drywall was never finished, door was incorrectly installed (workman mistakenly drilled holes in the $700 door which we provided because he didn't read the directions), put one of the doors in backwards, and now the door hangs loose and falls off its rollers. The various workmen (one for every task) all tried to blame each other and failed to coordinate. We are left with a hole in the drywall, a leak that took two months (and numerous emails) for House Doctors to fix, and a brand new shower door that can't be repaired. Below are photos of how they left our drywall, and the shower door that swings loose and falls off the track. Shoddy and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Install a shower stall and hang shower door.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

10/16/2017

Mark W.

Smooth. Mike knew exactly what to do and was clear about the process.

Description of Work
Screendoor installation

09/07/2017

Lynne T.

Arrived on time and worked smoothly and quickly. Email-texting was a bit of a struggle setting up days and times, but all else was excellent. A bit more expensive than our last handyman, but Martin worked in a little bit extra work on each of his two visits, so we are pleased.

Description of Work
Moving into older home, so gutter work; new screen door; mount window box; repair, remove mold, and retile around the tub/shower; mount ceiling light fixture.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, gutter cleaning, handyman service, doors

05/22/2017

Robin W.

I was very happy with the the work. Caleb, who did the work, asked if I was happy after each repair. He was very careful in his work and made sure things were just right. I was also pleased with the prompt response to my inquiry & the scheduling of the work.

Description of Work
I had a variety of small repairs & maintenance done. These included touching up paint on porch railing, re-attaching a 2nd window, repairing shelves, fixing doors that were sticking, repairing a hole in the wall behind the furnace, and cleaning light fixtures I can't reach. One of the light fixtures is in the 2-story foyer & required an extra tall ladder.

05/22/2017

DK C.

Fine. I was given the estimate that I requested.

Description of Work
Did not hire, but price seemed acceptable.

01/03/2017

Rhonda H.

Made appointment for estimate - they never showed up.

Description of Work
Re-roof wooden utility building

12/26/2016

David Z.

Work was done as scheduled and I was pleased with how great they were to work with.

Description of Work
Replace a rotten portion of an outside door frame, replaced a broken sink stopper, and adjusted a closet door so that it latched properly

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

12/20/2016

David N.

Employee worked very hard in summer heat. I liked results of work. Cost seemed high but probably in line with other providers; I am not familiar with the market for maintenance costs.

Description of Work
I had deck refinished. Some boards needed replacement and then deck sanded. washed and sealant applied.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing

12/06/2016

Robert S.

Fabulous work. The workmen tore out the old ladder, resized the opening to accept the new ladder, and installed the new ladder. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Installed new attic stairs in garage.

Category handyman service, woodworking

08/27/2016

Holland S.

Waisted my time when I had very little to spare

Description of Work
Nothing. First it took multiple contacts on my end to get an appointment for an estimate, then he never got the estimate to me.

03/14/2016

Lee F.

I used the house doctors that is located in High Point, NC (they have territories) I was desperate to have the repair done and I had contacted many other repairmen i n th area and the prices were all abour the same. ($100.00 -125.00) but they said because I needed it done so quickly (I had painters coming the next day) they could not accomodate me. When the House doctors told me they would be able help me out with my problem, I was very happy, I ASSUMED the price would be about the same range however, prior to the repair job we asked the repairmen if he would give us a quote on another project we wanted done he stated the he would e mail us the quote (which NEVER came) when the repair person told me the current job would be $230.00 I nearly fainted....!!!! again I needed to have this job done right away. He did a good job but I felt that the price was VERY AGGRESSIVE....!!! I called the office the next day and complained and the owner told me to pay him what I thought it was worth. I paid their asking price but I still felt it was WAYYYYY to much for such a small job. they NEVER sent the promised quote for the other job. .

Description of Work
performed a drywall repair that took less than 1 hour

Category drywall

01/18/2016

Mary W.

They were just wonderful, and very professional. I didn't even have to be here, and he sent me an email with an accurate estimate. They got the work done, and I can't say enough good things about them.

Description of Work
They did some carpentry work on the outside of my house.

Category contractors

09/26/2015

Cynthia H.

Everything went very smooth. After making the initial call, I was called back in a very timely manner by Eric and he came to our home to give us an estimate that same day. Within 7-10 days, Kevin came to our house to perform the installations. We are so impressed with Kevin. He was extremely professional, very pleasant to talk to and it was very obvious that he was extremely competent in carpentry work. We are so very pleased with all aspects of dealing with The House Doctors and will highly recommend to anyone who needs work performed at their home. They are the best!

Description of Work
Installed 3 new doors in our home (including our front door) and installed a new ceiling fan.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, ceiling fans, doors

08/05/2015

Dan D.

I am very pleased with the handyman services performed by House Doctors. Everyone I was in contact with from customer service, to estimate, to actual workers were polite and courteous. I am very satisfied with the quality of the products and the work completed. I would definitely use this company again for any repair to my home, as well as refer them to my friends in need of home repair.

Description of Work
Removed rotten wood on window sill, soffit, brickmolding on house, replaced with wood/hardi-board, and painted all.

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, mold removal

07/23/2015

John L M.

A contractor from House Doctors arrived on time and performed a quick and thorough assessment. There were a few problems I asked him to look at which had not been on the initial repair request, and he was happy to look at these as well. He gave me his expectation of the cost on the same day and a PDF quote was emailed to me within 24 hours. I initially scheduled repairs with House Doctors but had to cancel at the last minute. Their team was very understanding.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for repairs

07/12/2015

Vinod C.

Called 3 times. All 3 times the contact info was gathered with an assurance that someone would call. First time an individual called and asked if I can be home the next day. So I worked from home the entire next day waiting for him to show up. Called him thrice and never even picked up or returned my phone call.

Description of Work
Simple request for an estimate of work to be done.

Category handyman service

Our phone records show a different story for this chain of events. Our answering service took the first call on Wednesday, 7/8/15, at 4:25 pm. We returned the call on Wednesday evening at 8:39 and advised {members name removed} that we could not get by to see his project until Friday, 7/10/15. We advised him that we would call him Friday morning to arrange a time. Our answering service took a 2nd and final call from {members name removed} on Thursday afternoon at 4:15 pm again requesting an estimate. We returned the call on Friday morning at 10:06 but got {members name removed} voicemail. We left a message and asked him to call us back to arrange a time to come by on Friday to see his project. Our answering service answers our phone 24 hours per day, 365 days per year and they have no record of ever getting a call back from {members name removed} on Friday or over the weekend. We recognize that it would have been best, since we did not get a call back from him on Friday, that we call him again during the weekend. However, by coincidence, we were involved with a commercial project that had to be completed while the customer was closed over the weekend. We simply did not get that phone call made. We did call {members name removed} again on Monday at 2:22 pm, and offered to come out that afternoon to see his project. He seemed more interested in berating us for not coming on Friday, than seeking a resolution and declined our offer. We regret {members name removed} displeasure, but feel like we have made a sincere, honest, and reasonable effort to be of service in this case.

07/08/2015

Iltifat H.

Wife wasn't happy with how the door was installed in the basement, but a simple phone call and they came back and fixed it to our liking. Loved the fact that they want to make sure you're happy with the overall service and don't just forget about you as soon as they get their payment and they are done w/ the job. Feel comfortable recommending them mainly due to this reason.

Description of Work
Installed a door in basement, fixed fireplace, did A/C maintenance.

07/02/2015

Josue P.

Excellente. Service scheduled and completed very efficient.

Description of Work
Unmount home theater and secure electrical plugs.

Category electrician, handyman service

06/29/2015

Joseph P.

They were very professional. They were on time. They had to come back a second day( had to order the kitchen ballasts). When finished they cleaned the area.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 ballasts in kitchen, replaced garbage disposal, replaced caulk in shower, hung a decorative screen, replaced guts of 3 toilets and tank washers.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

04/02/2015

James J.

The company owner, Steve, was very professional when he came to our home to survey the work we needed to have done. In the past, I have had representatives from other companies in my home who acted more like used car salesman or pawn shop brokers, and generally made me uncomfortable. That was not the case with Steve. He answered all my questions and gave me the information I needed. The 2-man crew arrived as scheduled. They were polite, and I appreciated the fact that they looked respectable and were Americans who spoke English. The work was done quickly and they cleaned up the mess quite well. The repairs all looked wonderful. Except for the slight difference in color (due to the age of the ceiling), you could not even tell that a repair had been done. It just looked like intact sheetrock throughout. After they left, I noticed 2 things: there was a small crack still showing in one area of the repair work done, and the protective glass on my dresser had been broken. I could understand how the crack could have been missed, so I was not unhappy about this. I was, however, disappointed that the glass was broken and no one told me. (One of the men had experienced a hard fall, and I suppose this was when it occurred.) I contacted the company about the crack and the glass, and they did not give me any trouble. I was a little concerned that they might think the glass was broken before they arrived, and that I was just trying to blame it on them, especially since I did not mention it until after they left. However, I needn't have worried. The crack was fixed satisfactorily and a new piece of glass was ordered. However, the company supplying the glass cut it incorrectly twice. Of course, House Doctors did not know this until they brought it to my house and unwrapped it. But, I was frustrated with the inconvenience of having to arrange my work schedule to be home both times and still had no glass. I shared my frustration with Steve in a lengthy email. He responded that he would personally see that the glass was correct on the next trip to deliver it, which he did. He brought it himself, and it was indeed cut correctly that time. Steve very generously offered to compensate me for the inconvenience and frustration I had experienced. He went above and beyond when he offered to do some other work for us that we had received an estimate for. That work was done completely free of charge. I would never have expected anything so generous as that! We have had a lot of home repairs done in 25 years of home ownership. There will always be things that do not go quite as expected, and I accept that. It's just the way it is, unfortunately. People make mistakes. But I have absolutely never had a company be so committed to customer satisfaction as House Doctors was. Mistakes happen, so I don't think their occurrence is necessarily the mark of a bad company. What sets a company apart, in my opinion, is what they do when something does not go as expected. Do they make endless excuses and blame you for what they did? Do they promise to come out to fix it, only to never show up? Or do they accept complete responsibility and set out to make it right? And then far exceed your expectations in their determination to leave you satisfied? House Doctors was a little pricier than some of their competitors, but I will use them again because of the quality of their work and their willingness to stand behind their work. I guess it's really true that you get what you pay for!

Description of Work
House Doctors repaired ceiling damage in 3 different places in our home. One place was just minor cosmetic damage due to water. The other two were more extensive: 1) a hole in the ceiling from a foot going through it and 2) a 2-foot crack causing the ceiling to be in danger of collapsing in that place.

Category drywall, handyman service

04/01/2015

Judith K.

They were very good. I liked them. They were fine. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They did a bunch of general small jobs.

03/27/2015

Judie B.

They did an excellent job. They have a wonderful receptionist and Steve has called me back before as well. They show up on time and I've used their services 3 or 4 times already. They are very efficient and show up on time!

Description of Work
They have done electrical work for me. They have installed a microwave, installed light fixtures and fans as well as done attic work by putting plugs in.

Category electrician, lighting

03/20/2015

Renee R.

It went well.They were professional and did a really good job.

Description of Work
Instll laminate flooring I 2 rooms

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

02/16/2015

Nik H.

I sent a request on Thursday and Steve called me immediately. I told him that I was in a time crunch and needed to get the floors waxed in order to get my rental house back on the market. He moved some things around to make sure he could get the work done first thing Monday morning. I'm very pleased and will definitely use House Doctors and Steve again!

Description of Work
Cleaned, waxed, and polished my hardwood floors.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, floor cleaning