Have you noticed an unexpected water bill? Your meter might be to blame. This checklist can help you inspect your water meter to make sure it’s in working order.
Get matched with top Plumbers in South Portland, ME
There are 23 highly-rated local plumbers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Plumbers Reviews in South Portland
- Marshall's Modern HomesThis was a great project. They walked me through everything so I could make good choices, hired amazing specialists (electrician plumber etc) and the estimate was so detailed I never had to wonder. When unexpected things came up (some previously unknown rot and damage) I was shown everything and it was fixed properly not just hidden or patched over
- Pine State ServicesPine State was the only (out of many I contacted) company with the experience to service my hybrid hot water heater. The technician who visited (Keith) was fully knowledgeable and carefully explained the situation. As the repair was going to cost as much as a new unit, I decided to simply let the unit run in electric mode and not use the heat exchange function. To my happy surprise, Pine State did not charge for the evaluative visit! This was a very generous gesture on their part and certainly secured my goodwill and interest in using them for my future needs
- Berkeys Air Conditioning Plumbing & ElectricalI hired Berkeys because of their good ratings on Angi. I had a leaky pipe which turned into a monumental issue. Required tunneling under my house to fix. That experience was ok although after it was finished, there was still a leak and they had to come back out to fix it a second time. Today I had a clogged pipe that had raw sewage backing up into my house. My tubs were full of it. Terrible. I called them for an emergency Sunday service. I explained the situation and they told me they could help today. After 5 hours of waiting, I called back. They said I was still on the list but could give me no idea as to when they could come out nor could they tell me how far down the list I was. Just that the tech would call when he was on the way. 3 hours later, a full 8 hours after my call, I still hadn't heard anything. Tubs full of sewage, and I can't run any water in the house and they weren't able to help me after saying they would be out today. I ended up just canceling the service call and I'll use someone else. If you can't manage to even have someone close to on the way after 8 hours, then you shouldn't have said you could help me today. I would have called someone else and had the situation resolved by now
- Sgt. Smith's Drain Cleaning ServicesHe did an excellent job replacing my faucet and unclogging the drain. He and his apprentice were quick and very thorough with the job. I would highly recommend Sgt. Smith’s Drain cleaning services. These days finding a good plumber especially due to COVID-19 is extremely difficult. Thank you
- Petrin Plumbing & HeatingAlways goes smoothly. I've used Petrin for a minor service call all the way to a complete repipe of a duplex and his prices are very competitive and service is great! Highly recommended
- Collins Plumbing & HeatingOutstanding! We could not be more pleased with the service techs and office staff of Collins Plumbing in Bridgton.
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCWorking with Dave and his crew was awesome! Dave is very honest and does quality work. The site was always left clean at the end of the day. The work done was top notch! I highly recommend Dave Johnson!!
- Gelinas HVACGelinas came quickly and took care of our problem. Prompt, professional, courteous and clean, what else can one ask for in service? Recommended.
- Pine State ServicesFantastic experience. Ray and his colleagues were on time, knowledgeable, efficient and proficient. One of the best experiences in home renovating that I have ever had. I strongly recommend hiring Pine States.
- Woodville Plumbing and HeatingExcellent customer service and great results! I would hire them again for any plumbing related issues.
Plumbers in South Portland
- Business Description:Plumbing services | Plumbing repair | Water heater replacement | Water heater installation | Drain cleaning services | Clogged drain | Boiler installationRecent Review:I called Woodville Heating and Plumbing because I had a slow leak in a second floor bathroom that was damaging the ceiling below. Rob responded to my call very promptly and was able to fit me into his schedule the very next day! Rob was able to quickly identify that the wax ring on the toilet needed to be replaced, which he took care of that same day. He was extremely professional and knowledgeable and I would definitely hire him again.Allie P.
- Business Description:Why wait? Call Pine State Services! We are a locally owned company. We are leaders in green technology and energy for Southern Maine. Call us to find out how you can go green and save money and the environment. We are proud of our superior customer service, quality of work and technical training we provide our technicians. We welcome you to schedule a tour of our showroom to examine live working heating and cooling systems so you can be better educated before making a purchase decision. Order..Recent Review:We hired Pine State Services - again - for annual on our air conditioning system. The technician who came out was on time, professional, courteous, and very thorough - same as last year. We are thoroughly impressed with everything we have experienced with Pine State and recommend them stronglyBill G.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:Upright took on a difficult job repairing an old plaster ceiling on about 75% of a whole floor and wrapped it all up in about a week and a half. Work was excellent; the repaired areas look better than they ever haveFred M.
- Business Description:Raymond Marshall of Marshall's Modern Homes is a general contractor who has been in business for 20 years. Marshall's Modern Homes prides itself on not having to sub-contract much of our work out so that the work is completed in a timely fashion with less scheduling conflicts and enhanced quality of work. We can clear your lot, do the foundation work, frame and finish your new home; or we can remodel your existing home by adding on to it. We can fix that leaking roof and repair the siding too..Recent Review:This was one of the best experiences ever with a contractor! This was a difficult project because of all the different parties involved - mold remediation, furnace, disposal of water damaged items, the repairs to the pipes, replacing a water pump, and then the rebuilding of the floor and bathroom damaged in the leak. MMH was great a project management, even when the remediation company started giving me problems and delays, MMH stepped in and took care of it. The quality of the work was outstanding, and when it came to making decisions, MMH guided me through the whole process. I felt confident with the materials chosen - they were a great balance of style, quality, and value! I was truly amazed at how quickly, and accurately, MMH was able to come in, estimate what needed to be done, and stay within the budget. I have a bunch of other small project I have been putting off because of not being able to find someone trustworthy and dependable, those projects will be going to MMH nowPatricia T.
- Business Description:Atlantic Heating Company has 40 years of experience in the heating and plumbing industry. Since 1969, we have been providing the Portland area with quality heating and plumbing installation, service and repair. For all your Residential, Commercial and Industrial Heating and Plumbing needs, Atlantic Heating Company is only a phone call away - day or night. We employ the area's finest trained, experienced heating service technicians and installersRecent Review:These were great folks to deal with every step of the way - a very nice person answered the phone and the call back to schedule a service tune happened on the same day. While clearly very busy, they were able to schedule my appointment at a time that was convenient for me. Tom arrived after calling to let me know he was stuck in traffic and would be a few minutes delayed. He was friendly and professional and quickly took care of the issue explaining both the problem and the solution clearly. We will definitely use them again. <br /Tricia N.
- Business Description:Our goal is to help you through the often complex remodeling process. We have a great deal of experience in detail orientated kitchen & bath installations, structural issues as well as water damage. Check out our website for some photos. We strive to meet customers within a week of your call and a price within a week of our initial meeting. We can be reached by email at Eric@LRHiggins.com or call us directly at 207.856.2448.Recent Review:Very well despite it was during the height of the Covid 19 problems- replace entire bathroom-bathtub, cabinet with sink, ceramic tiles in tub area, ceramic flooring & painting. There was some minor delays because of Covid but Eric communication as to the progress was extremely helpful. Date of service was in the month of March, 1921Maurice P.
- Business Description:We are a full service general contractor that can provide complete oversight and completion of your project or just a partial part of it. I have over 30 years in the remodeling and new construction business with over 19 years in business as Dave johnson Building/ Remodeling. We take great pride in taking any size project from initial thought/design to completion with great care as to the home owners desires as well as the strucural integrity of the project.We will gather your ideas and often ..Recent Review:Very well. Dave participated and was very helpful with his suggestions as we determined the scope of the work and what could be done with the space. Once the project started, there was no break in the work. Something was being done everyday. Either Dave and his crew, the plumber, or the electrician. We worked closely w/ dave and minimized the down time of this very central room in our home. A kitchen and bath project can be the hardest but Dave and his team kept it going and we were able to complete in the time we estimated it would take. This was in the winter and included a door and window. Dave relied on his experience on other projects and had some good ideas as the project developed and we made a few running changessteve l.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:It went really well! Melissa from Executive Auto Shippers was very responsive and helped put my mind at ease as I’ve never done something like this before. The trucking company was very good and made sure the car was delivered on the estimated day and communicated well. Highly recommendChad F.
- Business Description:No travel charge. Additional DBA - Wayne's Plumbing & Heating LLC. Additional contact name - Sherrie Curlew. Award wining.Recent Review:When I called, the woman who answered the phone was very helpful. Their schedule was full for the day but when I explained that it was our only toilet and we couldn't use it, she fit us in their schedule as soon as possible. The plumber came and replaced the flange as well as bolts and wax ring. He was polite and did an excellent job. The price was very reasonableThomi L.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:We have used him twice now and we would give him our highest recommendation. He is very reliable, is very efficient, and he is the best handyman we have ever hired. We would highly recommend him and we will definitely hire him againKim S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
The holidays can be hectic, so you don’t want to end up scrambling in case of an emergency. Here’s how to prepare for medical and maintenance emergencies.
Is your drinking water free of lead? If you have brass or copper pipes, it might not be. Find out how to check your pipes for lead.
Find Plumbers in
Plumbers in South Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A & D Renovations38 Middle St
- A Cromwell & sons424 Montsweag Rd.
- A Fish Plumbing and Heating9 Owls Head
- A&A Home Improvment22 mountain view ave
- A-1 remodeling services
- Acadian Plumbing186 Marrs Point Rd
- AFC - Augusta Fuel Co.4 Northern Ave
- Alan J. OuellettePO Box 777
- All Season Home Improvement Co823 Church Hill Rd
- Always Somethin' Home Improvement44 Graham St
- Aquaflo Systems132 Oak Ridge Rd
- Atlantic Heating Co Inc474 Riverside Industrial Pkwy
- Atlantic Home ImprovementsPO Box 654
- Aube's Plumbing & Heating19 Aubewoods Way
- ausoligrace plumbing and heating11 keswick road
South Portland, Maine
- A & D Renovations
- BBI BUILDERS INC4 BRICKYARD COVE RD
- Bear Brothers Construction69 Buchanan St
South Portland, Maine
- BECKER CONSTRUCTION6 RUSSELL RD
West Poland, Maine
- Binette Plumbing & Heating161 East Ave
- Brian J. Long Plumbing & HeatingPO BOX 362
- BRIAN'S PLUMBING & ELECTRIC10 FOREST LN
Cumberland Center, Maine
- Briggs & Son Plumbing, Heating & Pump ServicePO Box 181
Hollis Center, Maine
- BBI BUILDERS INC
- Cape Arundel HandymanPO Box 1065
- CAPOZZA PLUMBING & HEATING INC66 PORTLAND ST
- Caron & Waltz3 Eisenhower Drive
- Casco Bay Plumbing and Heating26 High Point Rd
- Chamberlain Plumbing & Heating24 Ash Swamp Rd
- CJ ServicesPO Box 142
- Clear Choice Home Improvements8025 South Willow St Suite 107
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Collins Plumbing & Heating1204 North High Street
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc1532 NE 96th St Ste A
- CONSTRUCTION CONNECTION17 Chestnut St 1
- Convenient Plumbing
- Cyr Home Services LLC
- Cape Arundel Handyman
- Dahms Plumbing & Heating116B Cobble Hill Rd
New Gloucester, Maine
- Dan Kelleher Heating & PlumbingPO Box 6566
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INC17 LASKEY RD
- DAVE'S CONSTRUCTION & REPAIR39 SOUTH ST
- David Aaskov Inc. Plmbg, Htg, & A/C87 Brown Cove Rd
- David Blackwell Plumbing & Heating10 Raspberry Ln
- Dead River Company177 Turner Street
- DM Flanders Heating and Cooling, LLC148 Sabbathday Road
New Gloucester, Maine
- Dahms Plumbing & Heating
- E and E Plumbing
- EcoClean the Sewer & Drain SpecialistPO Box 10255
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Errol Woodbury Plumbing and Heating12 Brian Drive
- Evan's Home Improvement81 Main St
- E and E Plumbing
- Finn Property Maintenance & Handyman Services
- Foley Plumbing68 Tara Estates Drive
- Fontaine HVAC2 SANDY ST
- Fortin Construction, Inc35 Markalyn St
- Fournier Brothers Inc81 Newbury St
- Freeport Plumbing & Heating7 Thompsons way
- Fresh Air Ventilation Systems LLC155 Spring St
- Finn Property Maintenance & Handyman Services
- Gagne Plumbing & Heating Co76 Westmore Ave
- Garrett Pillsbury Plumbing & Heating119 York St
- Gary Quirion Plumbing & Htg11 Black Point Mdws
- Gatekeepers Property Management307 Spurwink Ave
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- GB Property Management38 Old South Freeport Rd
- Gelinas HVAC2 Washington Ave
- Gilbert Plumbing and Heating, Inc.242 School House Hill Road
- Guardian Angel Plumbing & HeatingPO Box 426
- Gagne Plumbing & Heating Co
- Harp's Plumbing & HeatingPO Box 254
- Harry Warren Heating & Air ConditioningPO Box 721
- HAZELWOOD HANDYMAN10 GRANITE HEIGHTS RD
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Higher Level Contracting Services, LLC.48 Dutton Hill Rd
- Hometown Builders LLCP.O.Box 98
East Parsonsfield, Maine
- How it's Done Construction160 Varney Mill Rd
- Harp's Plumbing & Heating
- Komfort Renovations99 Birchvale Drive
- Komfort Renovations
- Lakes Region Heating Appliance Repair123 Pike Hill Rd
- Lakes Region Property Management, LLC715 Webbs Mills Road
- Lamb plumbing & heating55 high street
- Langevin Plumbing & HeatingPO Box 2153
- Legacy Construction22 W School St
- Lowe's1058 Brighton Ave
- LR Higgins Inc2 Lincoln Ave #3 PO Box 600
- Lakes Region Heating Appliance Repair
- M.H LLC237 route 27
Raymond, New Hampshire
- Maietta Titus Blaschke Plumbing1566 Forest Avenue
- Maine Bathroom Remodeling148 Carll Rd
- Maine Heating And Cooling90 Bridge Street Suite 312
- Maine Line Plumbing & Heating LLC38 Lark Way
- Maine Wide Plumbing and Heating782 Alfred Rd.
- Mainely Plumbing & Heating Inc674 Main St
- Mainely Web Designs12 Deacon road
- MANTSCH PLUMBING52 GRANDVIEW AVE
South Portland, Maine
- Marshall's Modern Homes21 Marshall Valley Rd
- Matthew J Bouton50 Roberts St
- McCann Construction64 Witham Rd
- Melanson Michael Plumbing & Heating711 Quaker Ridge Rd.
- Mid-Coast Energy Systems IncPO Box 1118
- MR HANDYMAN2 MAIN ST STE 301
- Muller Heating & Plumbing86 Pleasant Hill Rd
- M.H LLC
How much does a plumber cost?
Answer: The cost of a plumber ranges from $175 to $480, with a national average of $330. However, the price will vary depending on job complexity, timing, location, supplies and materials, permits, and level of expertise. These costs typically include toilet repairs, faucet installations, and leaky pipes. In addition to the service call, you may also need to budget for haul-away and trip fees often required during more complicated jobs. Ask your local plumbing contractor about these fees before hiring them.
How much does a plumber charge to replace a toilet?
Answer: On average, you can expect to pay your local plumbing contractor between $125 and $230 to replace an old toilet, with most residential homeowners paying around $150 to $180 for professional installation. You’ll need to consider materials and labor when calculating a final price. Not all toilets are equal. Depending on the brand you choose and the features you want, a new toilet might run you anywhere from $100 to $1,300. Add in the price of labor and installation, and your total project can jump up to $200 and $1,500.
How much does a plumber cost to fix a toilet?
Answer: According to our service providers, it costs roughly $75 to $200 on average to have your toilet repaired. However, this price will vary depending on the complexity of the job and the materials needed for the fix. Repairs can be messy and less-than-pleasant to address, but having a functioning toilet is most definitely necessary. If you’re experiencing problems with your toilet, contact a local, reputable plumbing contractor right away, as avoiding repairs can lead to bigger—and more expensive—issues over time.
Is liquid plumber safe for septic systems?
Answer: Good news! Liquid-Plumr® is safe for septic systems. Most drain cleaners disrupt the pH in your septic tank, which prevents the good bacteria from breaking down septic waste. The chemical make-up in Liquid-Plumr® works with the bacteria to break down waste quickly without harming your septic system. Still, it’s best to confirm with your local plumbing provider if Liquid-Plumr® is the right solution for your system.
How much is it for a plumber to unclog a toilet?
Answer: Even the most well-maintained toilets experience clogs. It’ll cost you an average of $200 to $700 to unclog your toilet. Severe clogs will require a more comprehensive repair method, so check with your local plumbing contractor to determine the best approach for unclogging your toilet.
Is Liquid-Plumr®, or any other liquid drain cleaner, safe for septic systems?
Answer: Yes and no. Liquid-Plumr® and other drain cleaners are most effective when used sparingly (one to three times a year). Repeated use of liquid plumber on drains could deteriorate your pipes and cause more damage. If your pipes clog frequently, put down the liquid plumber and call your local plumbing contractor immediately.