Looking to join the construction industry? Becoming a contractor is a challenging and rewarding career choice. Find out what skills and experience you’ll need to become a successful contractor and how much you can expect to make.
Get matched with top handyman services in South Portland, ME
There are 24 highly-rated local handyman services.
Recent Handyman Reviews in South Portland
- T.I.A.B. CONTRACTORS INC.Mike did a great job. He went above and beyond and we love our fence. We will definitely hire him again for any projects that up
- A & D RenovationsExcellent. I would recommend Dennis and his crew to anyone. They did a fantastic job in a timely manner and helped get me and my dog reunited in our comfy new home. He also communicated with me regularly so that I always knew what was going on. Thank you Dennis!
- BD&C ConstructionThis company is the best! So fortunate to have found them to work on my camp in Maine. They are great in assessing what needs to be done from general on going maintenance, to full remodeling. They can also property manage your home or camp with great skill and expertise. Pricing is always honest and fair...professional, and completed on time. Anyone would be lucky to have them work on a Project, large or small, with their great Experience, Skills and Professionalism. I recommend them with the highest honors to all my family, friends, and business contacts. - Davi
- Something Fishy LLCI really appreciated the great work that Something Fishy LLC performed at my home for the 3 TV mount installations. Not only was there great upfront communication and detail, the meticulous way the work was done to assure the parts were appropriately installed, was completed in a quality manner and per customer preferences. I also appreciate the check-in after the work was completed to counsel check if all went well with the post-installs. I highly recommend this knowledgeable company to anyone that needs handyman services or other projects around the house. Thank you
- Sunshine Contracting CorporationInstallers arrived on time, however, the 1st guy did not speak english, so he just propped the door open and got started. 15 minutes later, 2 other guys arrived who spoke english, so I was able to communicate. Great install, and they cleaned up so well, you would never have known they were there. Love our window
- Something Fishy LLCBrendan showed up on time and performed the work I needed in a timely manner. Very professional and pleased with the service provided. Would definitely use again.
- CPM Carpentry and Handyman ServiceEverything went great - he arrived when he said he would and did a very thorough job. Price was fair and reasonable. Very nice man to deal with. I already have given him a list of carpentry jobs for him to do for me since he also does carpentry work.
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsDoug was great! The work he did on our outdoor stairs was quality work, was completed quickly and very fairly priced. I would recommend Doug to anyone, and hope to use him for future projects!
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsThe floor installed in my mobile home half bath is stronger than the original floor. And in a small space. Mr. Mooers righted anything he saw wrong, was efficient, and price was very reasonable. The fence was a big job. He was able to work with some of the pieces I had purchased ahead , and repurpose parts of fencing that had been removed. Including the gate, which made me so happy. The work was done quickly, and my beautiful fence is what I wanted. And all the while keeping my dog safe from it all. I highly recommend this business. I highly recommend Douglas Mooers if you need home rrepair or construction, mobile home or otherwise . Courtesy, excellent ability, and affordable rates: How can you go wrong
- A & D RenovationsA&D Renovations was a dream to work and I'll consider them for all my future home projects from now on. I contacted Dennis based on his rating here on Angie's List and was not disappointed. He scheduled in my appointments around his busy schedule and provided me a professional and courteous experience. I always felt we were on the same page and Dennis welcomed phone calls or emails from me, even over the holidays if I had any questions. His focus was understanding my vision and to execute it as I wanted it done. The job was completed on time and looks fantastic. I highly recommend A&D Renovations to any friend or family member
Handymen in South Portland
- Business Description:Welcome to Mr. Handyman, where professional, safe, reliable handyman service for your entire "To Do" list is just one call away. That's why local residents choose our professional handymen, who specialize in ALL major and minor home repairs over an independent handyman. Mr Handyman technicians are insured, background checked and full-time employeesRecent Review:It went very well! I've already rehired them to come do more work for my home.Cornelius B.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:We are changing the color of the world, one coat at a time. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:Shawn did an excellent job on painting our house. He was meticulous and professional, and he's just a nice guy! I highly recommend.Rachel W.
- Business Description:Jev, the owner of Maine House Painting, has over 20 years experience with house/building painting and property maintenance. With a solid background in engineering and project management, Jev brings a high level of expertise and attention to detail. If you are looking for a high quality painting job, call Jev. He will do a better job at a more reasonable priceRecent Review:Great! Jev is totally professional. He seriously discusses the work needed to be completed and comes up with a written detailed quote. Knowing the extent of the work and the price before starting is very important to me as I live on a budget. The amount quoted was the price I paid. No hidden surprises. Jev kept me up to date on the progress daily so when I was away at work I knew exactly what they had done that day and the expectation of timing for the following work. They worked super hard always focusing on the job. They even worked some weekends to catch the good weather days. It was very comfortable to have Jev and his team around the house. My family was visiting one day when they were working and they all commented on the professionalism Maine Painting Company showed and the respect they have for their work, also on how pleasant and comfortable Jev and his team were to have around (very nice people). Over the years I have had both good and bad experiences with contractors, painters etc. But my experience hiring Maine House Painting gives me faith that there are wonderful companies out there doing exemplary work. Maine House Painters were recommended to me by a very discerning friend and they lived up to her recommendation in every way. I am happy to give this company the highest rating. My house is very happy Jev and his team worked their magic on it and gave it a fresh startcheri j.
- Business Description:Hazelwood Handyman is a full service handyman, remodeling and property management company. We will do anything from changing a lightbulb to large additions and remodels.Recent Review:Hazelwood Handyman was amazing. They were on time, did a great job and came in at the estimated price. One thin guy moved a frig that weighs at least 800 pds- it took 4 movers to put it in place when installed. I was amazed! Highly recommendedCharles M.
- Business Description:New Construction, Remodels, Additions, Decks, Plowing and more! No job is too small. We are owner operated, fully insured and offer references on request. Reasonably priced and ensure you are happy with the work done. Workmanship garunteed for 1 year on most projects. We want to see your project complete. Bryan has been a contractor for about 20 years, working both in Maine and Myrtle Beach, SCRecent Review:Bryan has always come when he said he would. Worked as expected and beyond. I have more to be done and would have him again.John L.
- Business Description:18 years experience - Chimney Cleaning - Nest Removal - Caps - Masonry - Liners - Dryer Vent CleaningRecent Review:Mark and Paul were very friendly and took the time to explain what they were doing and why. The stove cleaning was excellent. I would recommend this company.Terrie G.
- Business Description:Luke's Painting Company strives every day to be the best in this industry and our customers agree that we are! We do this by treating every customer as if they are our only customer. We treat every project like it is our own personal space, leaving no mess left behind and being certain that every inch and every corner of every job is finished with precision and perfection. We have an exceptional eye for detail which is what makes us the best painters around! On top of all this we only use hig..Recent Review:Very impressive. Quality work from a true professional. I would recomend to friends and family with confidence. Looking forward to using on my future projects.Gordon M.
- Business Description:Our goal is to help you through the often complex remodeling process. We have a great deal of experience in detail orientated kitchen & bath installations, structural issues as well as water damage. Check out our website for some photos. We strive to meet customers within a week of your call and a price within a week of our initial meeting. We can be reached by email at Eric@LRHiggins.com or call us directly at 207.856.2448.Recent Review:I don't give 5/5 stars on a review often, but I was extremely impressed with the work LR Higgins did on a water damage project on my house and would not hesitate to hire them again. Dean was our project manager and did an excellent job. We had damage internally from water that had seeped behind our siding which resulted in deck rot (because flashing wasn't previously applied correctly) and internal wall damage in the basement. The 3-man team that worked on the project was detail-oriented and focused on doing the job "right" rather than doing it quickly (which I greatly appreciated) but also did their best to make the exterior work blend and match the rest of the siding so it would not stand out like a sore thumb. The cost was reasonable for the work done and I felt like the work was high quality. I had unsuccessfully contacted 3 other companies for estimates before contacting LR Higgins and either wouldn't get my calls returned or they didn't show up for the estimate. Eric Higgins was very responsive via email, called me back after I left my first message about the issue, and I was in contact with him via email several times during the project. He always responded. I would definitely recommend this contractor group and use them again for work on my houseJulia M.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful handyman service articles
Learn more about the cost to remove popcorn ceilings. Your overall costs will depend on the size of your project and how difficult it is. Use this guide to help estimate your costs and create a budget before tackling this ceiling project.
Are you shopping for a shower door that fits best in your bathroom? Before you get your heart set on a high-end frameless bathroom door, you need to know a few details. Read on to learn about the differences in cost, function, and appearance.
Find handyman services in
- Cape Elizabeth
- Peaks Island
- Old Orchard Beach
- North Yarmouth
- Hollis Center
- Steep Falls
- South Casco
handyman services in South Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & C Odd Jobs412 Western Avenue
- A & D Renovations38 Middle St
- A Jack of Trades615 Pond Rd
- A&A Home Improvment22 mountain view ave
- A-1 remodeling services
- A.R. DiPaolo UnlimitedPO Box 446
- ABOUT HOME IMPROVEMENTPO Box 2634
South Portland, Maine
- Absolutely Complete Property Services LLCPO BOX 1235
- Ace Drywall and remodeling146 west grand ave
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Advanced Painitng172 Albion Rd.
Windham Me., Maine
- Advantage Pest ControlP.O. Box 6335
- AGC Construction8 Miller rd
- Agren Appliance Service & InstallationPO Box 545
- AHS Retail Maintenance222 Portland Rd.
- Al's Painting44 Plimoth Way
- Always Somethin' Home Improvement44 Graham St
- Anderson property management P.O. Box 151 Poland ME 04274
- Anything Goes78 Pleasant Avenue
South Portland, Maine
- At Your Service Mobile RV Inc715 Dayton Ave
- Atlantic Home ImprovementsPO Box 654
- Auburn Frame to Finish55 Buckfield Rd
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- A & C Odd Jobs
- B&M Contracting209 Ricker Rd.
New Gloucester, Maine
- BD&C Construction 440 Centre Rd
- Beane Construction & Property Maintenance12 Ebenezer Dr
- Beaulieu Builders56 Acorn Ridge Rd
- BECKER CONSTRUCTION6 RUSSELL RD
West Poland, Maine
- Birchwood Builders, Inc.11 Carriage Rd.
Cumberland Foreside, Maine
- BISSON PAINTING & CARPENTRY, INC.345 S Main St
Mechanic Falls, Maine
- Bob King DBA90 Gore Road
- Bonafide Builders LLC591 Poland Road
- Boyce51 Gudger Road
Candler, North Carolina
- Brady Construction Inc.PO Box 451
- Broken Home Services69 Florence St
South Portland, Maine
- Brown's Hill Remodeling & Construction430 River Road
- BRUCE GULLIVER BUILDING CONTRACTOR59 PILGRAM RD
South Portland, Maine
- Bruce Timberlake101 Parrott St
South Portland, Maine
- Bryant Bros. Property Maintenance, LLC.PO Box 404
- B&M Contracting
- C&C Construction35 Christopher Dr
- campbells custom carpentry247 east ave
- Cape Arundel HandymanPO Box 1065
- Casa Pro LLCPO Box 425
- Castonguay&Son24 Fortin Drive
- Champagne Construction40 Richardson Street
- CJ ServicesPO Box 142
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- CMG property maintenance26c Shady Lane
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Coastal RenovatorsPO Box 2774
- Collins Electric & Alarm570 Bridge St
- Community Home Services47 Sanford Rd
- Complete Carpentry1009 CAPE ROAD
- CONSTRUCTION CONNECTION17 Chestnut St 1
- COWETTE CONSTRUCTION28 Vanderwerf Drive
West Bath, Maine
- Crown Roofing and Remodeling10 Rockameker Farm Ln
- C&C Construction
- D JOHNSON5500 Banwell Place
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Daddy Do List154 Old Mill Rd
- Dana Larrabee Sr. General ContractingPO Box 721
- Darrell Davis - RRC Inc6 Nonesuch Cove Road
- Darrin's Detailed Carpentry20 Silver Lake RD.
- Dave Cantara Construction Company131 Beachwood Ave
- Day Labor Solutions33 Meadowbrook Rd
- Day's Service Company LLC17 Anthoine Rd
- Dirigo Property Services LLC850 Plains Rd
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dube window cleaning and property management875 portland rd
- D JOHNSON
- East Coast Quality
- Eastern Chimney1 Cardinal Way
- Euphoria Mobile Detailing18 South St
- Evan's Home Improvement81 Main St
- Ever Bright Power Washing23 Quail Ridge Rd
- Everything Home LLC36 Union Wharf, 2nd Floor, Box 7
- East Coast Quality
- Faulkner Building Company119 Clarks Mills Rd
- Finally Freedom Junk Removal73 Haskell St
- Finn Property Maintenance & Handyman Services
- FireFly Flooring and Finish Carpentry
- First Chair Carpentry LLC52 Weymouth St
- Fix-It Man61 Sherman St
- Faulkner Building Company
- Gary Ruel CarpentryP.O Box 1696
- Gatekeepers Property Management307 Spurwink Ave
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- GB Property Management38 Old South Freeport Rd
- Generation General Contractring387 Goodwin Mills Rd
- Great East BuildersP.O. Box 79
- Greener property Maintenance18 Sawyer Brook Cir
South Portland, Maine
- Gary Ruel Carpentry
- Handy Andy & Son404 Gray Rd.
- HANDY ANDY'S ELECTRIC379 GUINEA RD
- Handy Yankee59 N. River Rd.
- HandyMaine364 Elm Street, Suite 119
- HandyMaine Home Services14 Dingley Ct
- Handyman Services Of Maine9 Charles Rd.
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- handypetes23 Webster St
- Harbor heights property group3 Scarborough Downs Rd
- HAZELWOOD HANDYMAN10 GRANITE HEIGHTS RD
- Help ME Handyman Services LLC400 Congress St #4594
- Hidden River Farm1441 River Road
- Higher Level Contracting Services, LLC.48 Dutton Hill Rd
- Hometown Builders LLCP.O.Box 98
East Parsonsfield, Maine
- HORAN BROS.BUILDERSP.O. Box 188
- Handy Andy & Son