Winter is a great time to install a fence as it can save you money and preserve your landscaping. Here’s everything you need to know about installing a fence in winter, plus tips for completing the project safely and efficiently.
Get matched with top fence companies in South Portland, ME
There are 9 highly-rated local fence companies.
Recent Fence Company Reviews in South Portland
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsDoug and Leo were great to work with. Doug came out; did the estimate and got back to me in a very timely fashion. Doug's estimate was very reasonable after reviewing his and 5 others I got. All of the work was done exactly as I had expected and in a very neat way. I would hire Doug again for any home improvement project. As a matter of fact, I already have him pricing out the next one I need to get done. A++ from A to Z!!
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsThe floor installed in my mobile home half bath is stronger than the original floor. And in a small space. Mr. Mooers righted anything he saw wrong, was efficient, and price was very reasonable. The fence was a big job. He was able to work with some of the pieces I had purchased ahead , and repurpose parts of fencing that had been removed. Including the gate, which made me so happy. The work was done quickly, and my beautiful fence is what I wanted. And all the while keeping my dog safe from it all. I highly recommend this business. I highly recommend Douglas Mooers if you need home rrepair or construction, mobile home or otherwise . Courtesy, excellent ability, and affordable rates: How can you go wrong
- DNA ConstructionHe has been so great and goes above and beyond. We highly recommend his work and we could not be happier. It meant so much to me how he has done such good work and just goes above and beyond our expectations.
- MAIN LINE FENCE COEstimator was on time, professional, and very knowledgeable. Offered multiple ideas to save money and make the project look better. Decided to hire them and expected work to be complete toward the end of May, early June.
- CL Design & LandscapeThe project went quickly and smoothly. The rock walls were started in winter but the remainder of the work was completed in spring. One day we were living in a sandpit and a few days later we had beautiful lush outdoor spaces. The price was very fair considering the top quality work and materials we experienced. We are now embarking on our second major project with CL Design. They are a pleasure to work with and we trust them completely. The house truly came to life after CL completed the exterior design work. Can't imagine the house without it
- BURNS' FENCING INCJust fine! Several crew members made for a very efficient project--although we did have to stop by the office a few weeks later when my husband discovered that not all the fence posts had been bolted to the brackets!
- Atlantic Home ImprovementsOwner Don Giguere was most helpful in providing me with information for proposed purchase of fencing materials and gave me a very reasonable price for the installation, Project did not happen for other reasons.
- ANCHOR FENCE COThe guy who gave us the estimate was very professional and the guys who came to do the job did a good job. We got estimates from three companies and they were the best. We have them out there doing another job.
- MAIN LINE FENCE COWe are very happy with them. They've have good recommendations and I got recommendations from other people. They work for us commercially. We have some commercial properties and they've done work for us. They are reliable and the installation looks really great. They were knowledgeable and they were very professional. They did clean up after themselves. I'm sure we can get them less expensive and then l worry about the quality and the installation but I know they are relatively on the high end
- BURNS' FENCING INCThe work was done quickly and well. They removed extra brush at no fee since they came earlier than we expected and cleaned up after themselves.
Fencing Contractors in South Portland
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:Maine Bathroom Remodeling offers complete bathroom renovations. We install complete water/mildew proof systems, install tile and completely bring your dreams to life.Recent Review:Although it took longer that expected, everything was on budget and I am absolutely delighted with their work.John B.
- Business Description:Hazelwood Handyman is a full service handyman, remodeling and property management company. We will do anything from changing a lightbulb to large additions and remodels.Recent Review:Hazelwood Handyman was amazing. They were on time, did a great job and came in at the estimated price. One thin guy moved a frig that weighs at least 800 pds- it took 4 movers to put it in place when installed. I was amazed! Highly recommendedCharles M.
- Business Description:*FREE ESTIMATES AND INSURED* Go with Mooers! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:I was issued a contract that did not list the full details of the job requested. The contract also did not reflect Maine law regarding start dates for projects over $3000. The retainer requested was more than that allowed for by law. I requested updates to the contract and was sent pictures of notes taken in a notebook. I updated the contract to reflect the content of the photos and sent a corrected draft. I was told, "We don't have time to mess with contracts." A contract is an agreement that should accurately reflect a service expectation and state law. This was an unprofessional messMichele K.
- Business Description:Our non-electric dog fence is comprised of 12 individual components. It is a REAL physical fence that can be assembled by any homeowner or professional installer which we can provide. Our fence acts as a flexible net that inhibits dogs and other animals from climbing. The bottom material is flared in towards you and secured with uniquely shaped ground stakes to create a dig guard. You don’t have to dig any holes, mix cement, or make any changes to your landscapeRecent Review:Pet Playgrounds installed a 6 foot fence in our backyard to create a safe play area for our dogs. The work was done quickly, the price was reasonable, and the fence has held up well to all kinds of weather. It is by far the best fence we have ever had, and I feel better knowing that when the dogs go outside, they are safe and secureERIC M.
- Recent Review:Great. Showed up on time, did quality work fast. Good guys.Mitch G.
- Business Description:Luke's Painting Company strives every day to be the best in this industry and our customers agree that we are! We do this by treating every customer as if they are our only customer. We treat every project like it is our own personal space, leaving no mess left behind and being certain that every inch and every corner of every job is finished with precision and perfection. We have an exceptional eye for detail which is what makes us the best painters around! On top of all this we only use hig..Recent Review:Very impressive. Quality work from a true professional. I would recomend to friends and family with confidence. Looking forward to using on my future projects.Gordon M.
- Business Description:At BC Handyman we solve problems. Anything from roof repair to the pile of junk you need brought to the dump. Every time you hire BC Handyman the owner will be on the job site.Recent Review:Great! Brian and co-worker came fully prepared to repair the roof leak around the chimney. While Brian did that I asked about removing the rotten deck board with screws I couldn't get out because of stripped heads. Turns out more muscle power and and a more powerful drill got the job done! I already had the replacement board so that was in place in a few more minutes. They also did a quick fix to a rotten trim board so it wouldn't get ripped off in case of an ice dam this winter. All in less than an hour including cleanup, disposal of the deck board/nails and an estimate on a future project. Very happyTracey A.
- Business Description:Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plansRecent Review:David’s team performed high-quality work on time and on budget. I highly recommend them!Nathan D.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated full service roofing contractor. We do everything from designing and building to roofing, gutters, and siding. Serving Cumberland and York Counties. Please call us to schedule. Office:207-283-3194 or Cell:207-205-067Recent Review:We recently experienced an amazing, satisfying week with Caron Roofing and Construction. Several leaks in our roof appeared during a month of sometimes heavy rain. I called Justin Caron to come take a look at possible repairs. He came the following day. He recommended total roof replacement, including a rubber membrane covering the nearly flat roof over the two-car garage. Our home was built in 1905 and last re-roofed thirty or forty years ago. It needed replacement, and Justin’s estimate of price was reasonable. Justin made a formal written proposal the next day, and, after discussion, agreement on the work was reached. Necessary materials arrived the following morning, with the roofing work scheduled for the day after. Bang! A little after seven in the morning of the fourth day after my initial call, the work crew arrived, along with every imaginable piece of equipment and tool needed. Netting was placed to protect plants and flowers. Two dumpsters were deployed to collect trash. The 12 person crew worked as a coordinated team, purposely, professionally, and proficiently. By afternoon’s end, the roofing was done. The crew gathered up their equipment, finished removal of all the old roofing, and tidied up the yard. They restored everything to the “as before” condition, except now we had a wonderful new roof. Four days from first call to completed job. Well doneAllen E.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fencing contractor articles
A dog fence is essential to keeping your pup safe. Luckily there are many options, from tall privacy fencing to wireless underground electric fences. This guide will help you calculate the average cost to install a dog fence.
Wrought iron is classic, stylish, and regal. The total cost of installing a new wrought iron fence can vary significantly based on the size, design, and materials. This article will provide you with an estimate to help you get started.
Find fence companies in
- Cape Elizabeth
- Peaks Island
- Old Orchard Beach
- North Yarmouth
- Hollis Center
- Steep Falls
- South Casco
fence companies in South Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- HandyMaine364 Elm Street, Suite 119
- Handyman Services Of Maine9 Charles Rd.
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- HAZELWOOD HANDYMAN10 GRANITE HEIGHTS RD
- Hidden River Farm1441 River Road
- Higher Level Contracting Services, LLC.48 Dutton Hill Rd
- Hometown Builders LLCP.O.Box 98
East Parsonsfield, Maine
- Horizon Fence395 Main St Unit #1
South Portland, Maine
- Hunter Property Management Services235 West St.
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Integrity Home Improvement8 gallant drive
- Integrity Home Improvement
- Magno Builders & Remodeling7 Lilac Lane
- MAIN LINE FENCE CO272 MIDDLE RD
Cumberland Center, Maine
- Maine Bathroom Remodeling148 Carll Rd
- Maine Handyman12 mitchell ln
- Mario's Premium Home Improvement44 Elmwood ave.
South Portland, Maine
- Matthew J Bouton50 Roberts St
- MC ROOFING & CONSTRUCTION140 Mast Rd
- MCo Design 16 Brook St
- Mindful Building LLCPO Box 66704
- MR HANDYMAN2 MAIN ST STE 301
- Mr. Handyman of Greater Portland190 Riverside St
- Mr. Odd Jobs LLCPO Box 62
- Magno Builders & Remodeling
- Nest Construction18 Marshall Valley Rd
- Nest Construction
- Quality Landscaping48 Lothridge Ln
- Quality Landscaping
- Ram Island Home & Grounds1 Ram Island Farm
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- REFLECTIONS WINDOW CLEANING & PAINTINGPO BOX 7872
- Robert J. Raposa Builder512 Portland Road
- ROCKY HILL LANDSCAPING and MAINTENANCE631 RIVER RD
- RON FOREST & SONS FENCE CO354 PAYNE RD
- Ram Island Home & Grounds
- Sayward Tree & Landscaping85 Mountain Rd
- Semper-Fi Contracting358 New Portland Rd
- Solari Property Care & Excavation LLC.2492 Portland Rd
- Stone Creek Landscaping44 Stillman St
South Portland, Maine
- Swartz Enterprises39 Kelley Street 1
South Portland, Maine
- Sayward Tree & Landscaping
- Tailgate Handyman Services3 Golden Ave
- Tailgate Handyman Services
- vinnys carpentry & remodeling589 ossipee tr w
- vinnys carpentry & remodeling