A late-night plumbing problem is an undoubtedly stressful event, but it pays to stay level-headed in chaos. Here are a few questions to determine if you need to call an emergency plumber ASAP, or if it’s OK to put a bucket under that leak until morning.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Portland, ME
There are 28 highly-rated local plumbers.
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Portland
- Marshall's Modern HomesThis was a great project. They walked me through everything so I could make good choices, hired amazing specialists (electrician plumber etc) and the estimate was so detailed I never had to wonder. When unexpected things came up (some previously unknown rot and damage) I was shown everything and it was fixed properly not just hidden or patched over
- CZ Plumbing LLCChuck immediately answered my call into business, I provided a description of the issue and tried to explain the location of leak. After my several attempts to send a picture, Chuck called back and assured me that wherever and whatever the issue was they could resolve it. Zach and Rich (if I remember right) were dispatched from another job at at the house in less than an hour and the leak was resolved professionally. Good customer service and workmanship. Would call upon them again
- Pine State ServicesPine State was the only (out of many I contacted) company with the experience to service my hybrid hot water heater. The technician who visited (Keith) was fully knowledgeable and carefully explained the situation. As the repair was going to cost as much as a new unit, I decided to simply let the unit run in electric mode and not use the heat exchange function. To my happy surprise, Pine State did not charge for the evaluative visit! This was a very generous gesture on their part and certainly secured my goodwill and interest in using them for my future needs
- Sgt. Smith's Drain Cleaning ServicesHe did an excellent job replacing my faucet and unclogging the drain. He and his apprentice were quick and very thorough with the job. I would highly recommend Sgt. Smith’s Drain cleaning services. These days finding a good plumber especially due to COVID-19 is extremely difficult. Thank you
- Petrin Plumbing & HeatingAlways goes smoothly. I've used Petrin for a minor service call all the way to a complete repipe of a duplex and his prices are very competitive and service is great! Highly recommended
- CZ Plumbing LLCOur upstairs shower faucet gave way and we couldn't shut the water off. I called CZ--in the middle of a Nor'Easter, by the way-- at 9:57am. At 10:01am, Zach responded to me. At 10:30am, he was in my driveway. At 11:15am, everything was replaced, working better than ever. Along the way, he showed me how to shut the water off to the house quickly if I ever needed to again, and also found a small drip in our main line that he recommended I call the Water District about. He was polite, professional, masked up, and the price for the work was extremely reasonable for how fast he responded and got us back up and running. Great work
- Collins Plumbing & HeatingOutstanding! We could not be more pleased with the service techs and office staff of Collins Plumbing in Bridgton.
- Gelinas HVACGelinas came quickly and took care of our problem. Prompt, professional, courteous and clean, what else can one ask for in service? Recommended.
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCWorking with Dave and his crew was awesome! Dave is very honest and does quality work. The site was always left clean at the end of the day. The work done was top notch! I highly recommend Dave Johnson!!
- Pine State ServicesFantastic experience. Ray and his colleagues were on time, knowledgeable, efficient and proficient. One of the best experiences in home renovating that I have ever had. I strongly recommend hiring Pine States.
Plumbers in Portland
- Business Description:Why wait? Call Pine State Services! We are a locally owned company. We are leaders in green technology and energy for Southern Maine. Call us to find out how you can go green and save money and the environment. We are proud of our superior customer service, quality of work and technical training we provide our technicians. We welcome you to schedule a tour of our showroom to examine live working heating and cooling systems so you can be better educated before making a purchase decision. Order..Recent Review:Pine State was the only (out of many I contacted) company with the experience to service my hybrid hot water heater. The technician who visited (Keith) was fully knowledgeable and carefully explained the situation. As the repair was going to cost as much as a new unit, I decided to simply let the unit run in electric mode and not use the heat exchange function. To my happy surprise, Pine State did not charge for the evaluative visit! This was a very generous gesture on their part and certainly secured my goodwill and interest in using them for my future needsBern S.
- Business Description:Plumbing services | Plumbing repair | Water heater replacement | Water heater installation | Drain cleaning services | Clogged drain | Boiler installationRecent Review:two or three phone calls got a plumber to the house. He looked over what was required. Said that he didn't have the proper tools. We never heard from them again. We left two messages on their machine but didn't hear a peep. We'll try somewhere else after New Years, but it won't be Angies or Woodside PlumbingArthur H.
- Business Description:Full service Plumbing Repairs and New Installs including Solar Water Heaters, Water Filtration, Fire Sprinklers. Over 40 years experience. Emergency services.Recent Review:Chuck immediately answered my call into business, I provided a description of the issue and tried to explain the location of leak. After my several attempts to send a picture, Chuck called back and assured me that wherever and whatever the issue was they could resolve it. Zach and Rich (if I remember right) were dispatched from another job at at the house in less than an hour and the leak was resolved professionally. Good customer service and workmanship. Would call upon them againGrace M.
- Business Description:Residential Plumbing/Heating/ Air Conditioning- (No Oil Heating work) company based out of Southern Maine. Specializing in service and installation. We are dedicated to giving quality work at a fair price!Recent Review:JGG installed a wall hung boiler for me. Very professional work. Boiler looks and runs great.matt m.
- Business Description:Raymond Marshall of Marshall's Modern Homes is a general contractor who has been in business for 20 years. Marshall's Modern Homes prides itself on not having to sub-contract much of our work out so that the work is completed in a timely fashion with less scheduling conflicts and enhanced quality of work. We can clear your lot, do the foundation work, frame and finish your new home; or we can remodel your existing home by adding on to it. We can fix that leaking roof and repair the siding too..Recent Review:This was a great project. They walked me through everything so I could make good choices, hired amazing specialists (electrician plumber etc) and the estimate was so detailed I never had to wonder. When unexpected things came up (some previously unknown rot and damage) I was shown everything and it was fixed properly not just hidden or patched over.tricia t.
- Business Description:We are a full service general contractor that can provide complete oversight and completion of your project or just a partial part of it. I have over 30 years in the remodeling and new construction business with over 19 years in business as Dave johnson Building/ Remodeling. We take great pride in taking any size project from initial thought/design to completion with great care as to the home owners desires as well as the strucural integrity of the project.We will gather your ideas and often ..Recent Review:Working with Dave and his crew was awesome! Dave is very honest and does quality work. The site was always left clean at the end of the day. The work done was top notch! I highly recommend Dave Johnson!!Jackie M.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Addtional email - email@example.com.Recent Review:I called several plumbers in my area. Richard P Waltz answered and told me that their plumbers were all scheduled for the remainder of the working day, but could send one after 5 PM, though I would have to pay overtime. I agreed. But one of their plumbers finished up a call early and they sent him to me around 4 PM. He quickly diagnosed the problem as the rubber washer in the valve failing, due to age. With the help of the building property manager I got the water main to my area shut off and the plumber opened up the valve and replaced the washer, which broke apart as he took it out - he was absolutely right in his diagnosis. When I had the building water turned back on we found that I still had a leak from the faucet, but now we could shut off the water and the plumber found that the faucet itself had seals that had failed. But at that point I could do the work myself, so thanked him and he left. He'd spent only about 1/2 hour, and I paid the regular rate. Great service, excellent knowledgeJeffery T.
- Business Description:No travel charge. Additional DBA - Wayne's Plumbing & Heating LLC. Additional contact name - Sherrie Curlew. Award wining.Recent Review:They showed up on time, explained the problem, and fixed it within a reasonable time frame. Given the number of issues, I thought their rate was very reasonable. Ken and his two sons were professional, informative, and personable as well. His wife answered the phone while they were on a short vacation when I called to set up an appointment! Great doing business with a local family owned business! We will definitely be calling them again soon when we remodel our bathroom! AWilliam S.
- Business Description:Fortin Construction, Inc., started over 25 years ago, is now the largest home construction company in Maine. As Maine's premier home builder our family-run company specializes in customization. Whether it’s for a new home or a remodel, we work with you to build exactly what you want. Our in-house drafters have experience in all types of home design plans and can customize your home to your heart’s desire. We provide top quality materials and the finest workmanship at competitive prices, earni..Recent Review:Fortin Construction offers everything you need to build a new home in one stop. Budget and schedule were spot on. All materials used are name brand quality. Dedicated service guy for one year after completion is a very nice touch. Best of all Fortin was able to locate/position my home providing a bone-dry basement in an area which makes that almost impossible. Would highly recommend. Well done!Craig H.
- Business Description:Atlantic Heating Company has 40 years of experience in the heating and plumbing industry. Since 1969, we have been providing the Portland area with quality heating and plumbing installation, service and repair. For all your Residential, Commercial and Industrial Heating and Plumbing needs, Atlantic Heating Company is only a phone call away - day or night. We employ the area's finest trained, experienced heating service technicians and installersRecent Review:They have been wonderful. Whenever I need an emergency service they appear within one hour. I would definitely recommend them.Susan A.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
Instead of reaching for a bottled solution to clear a clogged sink, check around the house for an equally effective, non-toxic fixer. Even better, these common household items will save you a trip to the store. Here are five ways to fix a sink clog and ge
Whether you’re building a new home with all-new plumbing pipes or replacing the piping in an old home, learn how much it costs to install pipes so you can keep the water running.
Find Plumbers in
- South Portland
- Peaks Island
- Cape Elizabeth
- North Yarmouth
- Old Orchard Beach
- South Casco
- Hollis Center
Plumbers in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & D Renovations38 Middle St
- A & H Improvements Inc.37 Kennedy Dr 2078904438
North Waterboro, Maine
- A Cromwell & sons424 Montsweag Rd.
- A Fish Plumbing and Heating9 Owls Head
- A&A Home Improvment22 mountain view ave
- A-1 remodeling services
- Aaron Hamilton Heating Inc.39 Vining St
Lisbon Falls, Maine
- Aaskov Plumbing and Heating Co900 Riverside St
- Acadian Plumbing186 Marrs Point Rd
- ACB Plumbing Repair Service28 Fernald Rd
- AFC - Augusta Fuel Co.4 Northern Ave
- Alan J. OuellettePO Box 777
- All Season Home Improvement Co823 Church Hill Rd
- Always Somethin' Home Improvement44 Graham St
- Aquaflo Systems132 Oak Ridge Rd
- Atlantic Heating Co Inc474 Riverside Industrial Pkwy
- Atlantic Home ImprovementsPO Box 654
- Aube's Plumbing & Heating19 Aubewoods Way
- ausoligrace plumbing and heating11 keswick road
South Portland, Maine
- A & D Renovations
- BBI BUILDERS INC4 BRICKYARD COVE RD
- Bear Brothers Construction69 Buchanan St
South Portland, Maine
- BECKER CONSTRUCTION6 RUSSELL RD
West Poland, Maine
- Binette Plumbing & Heating161 East Ave
- Bob Miles & Son Inc1162 US Route 1
- Brian J. Long Plumbing & HeatingPO BOX 362
- BRIAN'S PLUMBING & ELECTRIC10 FOREST LN
Cumberland Center, Maine
- Briggs & Son Plumbing, Heating & Pump ServicePO Box 181
Hollis Center, Maine
- BBI BUILDERS INC
- C W Baldwin & Son Plbg & Htg100 Winn Rd
- Cape Arundel HandymanPO Box 1065
- CAPOZZA PLUMBING & HEATING INC66 PORTLAND ST
- Caron & Waltz3 Eisenhower Drive
- Casco Bay Plumbing and Heating26 High Point Rd
- Chamberlain Plumbing & Heating24 Ash Swamp Rd
- CJ ServicesPO Box 142
- Clear Choice Home Improvements8025 South Willow St Suite 107
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Collins Plumbing & Heating1204 North High Street
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc1532 NE 96th St Ste A
- CONSTRUCTION CONNECTION17 Chestnut St 1
- Convenient Plumbing
- Cyr Home Services LLC
- CZ Plumbing LLC108 Middlesex Road
- C W Baldwin & Son Plbg & Htg
- Dahms Plumbing & Heating116B Cobble Hill Rd
New Gloucester, Maine
- Dan Kelleher Heating & PlumbingPO Box 6566
- Darling Plumbing & Heating29 Vannah Ave
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INC17 LASKEY RD
- DAVE'S CONSTRUCTION & REPAIR39 SOUTH ST
- David Aaskov Inc. Plmbg, Htg, & A/C87 Brown Cove Rd
- David Blackwell Plumbing & Heating10 Raspberry Ln
- Dead River Company177 Turner Street
- DM Flanders Heating and Cooling, LLC148 Sabbathday Road
New Gloucester, Maine
- Dahms Plumbing & Heating
- E and E Plumbing
- EcoClean the Sewer & Drain SpecialistPO Box 10255
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Errol Woodbury Plumbing and Heating12 Brian Drive
- Evan's Home Improvement81 Main St
- E and E Plumbing
- Finn Property Maintenance & Handyman Services
- Foley Plumbing68 Tara Estates Drive
- Fontaine HVAC2 SANDY ST
- Fortin Construction, Inc35 Markalyn St
- Fournier Brothers Inc81 Newbury St
- Freeport Plumbing & Heating7 Thompsons way
- Fresh Air Ventilation Systems LLC155 Spring St
- FROHMILLER CONSTRUCTION INC123 STATE RD
- Finn Property Maintenance & Handyman Services
- Gagne Plumbing & Heating Co76 Westmore Ave
- Garrett Pillsbury Plumbing & Heating119 York St
- Gary Quirion Plumbing & Htg11 Black Point Mdws
- Gatekeepers Property Management307 Spurwink Ave
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- GB Property Management38 Old South Freeport Rd
- Gelinas HVAC2 Washington Ave
- Gilbert Plumbing and Heating, Inc.242 School House Hill Road
- Guardian Angel Plumbing & HeatingPO Box 426
- Gagne Plumbing & Heating Co
- Harp's Plumbing & HeatingPO Box 254
- Harry Warren Heating & Air ConditioningPO Box 721
- HAZELWOOD HANDYMAN10 GRANITE HEIGHTS RD
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Higher Level Contracting Services, LLC.48 Dutton Hill Rd
- Hometown Builders LLCP.O.Box 98
East Parsonsfield, Maine
- How it's Done Construction160 Varney Mill Rd
- Harp's Plumbing & Heating
- Lakes Region Heating Appliance Repair123 Pike Hill Rd
- Lakes Region Property Management, LLC715 Webbs Mills Road
- Lamb plumbing & heating55 high street
- Langevin Plumbing & HeatingPO Box 2153
- Legacy Construction22 W School St
- Lowe's1058 Brighton Ave
- LR Higgins Inc2 Lincoln Ave #3 PO Box 600
- Lux Renovations LLC60 Shawmut Rd
- Lakes Region Heating Appliance Repair