The time has finally come where you need to hire a contractor. There are a few questions you should ask before hiring a contractor though, such as what payments look like, their qualifications, and more which you can find in this guide.
Get matched with top general contractors in Lewiston, ME
There are 8 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Lewiston
- L.F. GRASS CUSTOM TILE INSTALLATIONSLloyd and Brad were excellent! They did a great job tiling my kitchen area! They were always on time and very pleasant to be around! I would highly recommend them both for any tiling job! Thanks for the great work guys!
- LR Higgins IncVery well despite it was during the height of the Covid 19 problems- replace entire bathroom-bathtub, cabinet with sink, ceramic tiles in tub area, ceramic flooring & painting. There was some minor delays because of Covid but Eric communication as to the progress was extremely helpful. Date of service was in the month of March, 1921
- Marshall's Modern HomesThis was a great project. They walked me through everything so I could make good choices, hired amazing specialists (electrician plumber etc) and the estimate was so detailed I never had to wonder. When unexpected things came up (some previously unknown rot and damage) I was shown everything and it was fixed properly not just hidden or patched over
- Benchmark Painting & Carpentry of Kensington, LLCOur house is 17 years old and this was our 2nd painting which included outside carpentry work replacing water logged wood areas around the base of the house. The work was done over a 5 day period and involved 4 to 5 painters. The house was first completely power washed a day to dry- followed by hand sanding 1st and 2nd stories. This was followed by caulking every outside vertical seam between the wood sidings for both levels. The painting involved applying two coats of premium Benjamin Moore paint. Two interior rooms were also painted involving 16 ft walls. The crew worked throughout the day came on time and cleaned the work area each day. The carpentry work took about 3 days to remove rotted segments and replace with new cedar siding all provided by the contractor - all done very well. Overall I consider this one of the best company we have contracted to provide home based work. We hardily recommend this company and would not hesitate to use then again
- L.F. GRASS CUSTOM TILE INSTALLATIONSThe two brothers did an excellent job on our bathroom tile. They were right on time, worked efficiently, and were priced right. Even in the first call I had with them I knew I'd made a good choice. I'm going to be reaching out to them soon to do a much larger tiling project.
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCWorking with Dave and his crew was awesome! Dave is very honest and does quality work. The site was always left clean at the end of the day. The work done was top notch! I highly recommend Dave Johnson!!
- A & D RenovationsThe job went very well. Workers were very professional and respectful. Job was so well done. I will definitely have more work for them!
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCDave and his team are top notch. Dave listens to your ideas and offers some wonderful ideas of his own. He started the 6 week job on time and finished on time. His team were professional, courteous and, most of all, very tidy. They cleaned up the mess everyday. Dave was recommended to me by a neighbor that renovated their home. In fact he is here again right now building a mantle for my center fireplace. I will also hire him to install a tile back splash over my stove. His prices are very reasonable and competitive with other contractors out there. I am now living full time in a home that previously I lived in April through October. It has been warm and cozy all winter long. I love my year round home! I highly recommend Dave and his team for any or your building or renovation needs, be it large or small
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCVery well. Dave participated and was very helpful with his suggestions as we determined the scope of the work and what could be done with the space. Once the project started, there was no break in the work. Something was being done everyday. Either Dave and his crew, the plumber, or the electrician. We worked closely w/ dave and minimized the down time of this very central room in our home. A kitchen and bath project can be the hardest but Dave and his team kept it going and we were able to complete in the time we estimated it would take. This was in the winter and included a door and window. Dave relied on his experience on other projects and had some good ideas as the project developed and we made a few running changes
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCIt went very well. Dave participated early on in the process by offering advice and assuring that what we were planning would work within the structure of our home. Once the project started, Dave and his carpenter crew were on the job daily unless the plumber and electrician needed the space to do their work. There wasn't a day during the project that something wasn't being done to move the remodel along. I would compliment Dave on his attn to detail and the finishe carpentry is outstandin
Last update on October 12, 2022
Contractors in Lewiston
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Getting your contractors license makes you look good to potential customers and gets you better jobs. Learn how to get one in your state with our handy guide.
The contractor business is booming! According to Angie's List, $135 billion was spent on home improvements last year.
Find general contractors in
- Lisbon Falls,
- Mechanic Falls,
- New Gloucester,
- North Monmouth,
general contractors in Lewiston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Dirigo Property Services LLC850 Plains Rd
Litchfield, Maine 04350
- Dirigo Property Services LLC
- E.L.B. Construction Inc.370 Bailey Hill Rd 479 Dallas Hill Rd, Rangeley Me 04970
Farmington, Maine 04938
- E.L.B. Construction Inc.
- Integrity Home Improvement8 gallant drive
Saco, Maine 04072
- Integrity Home Improvement
- Ken Bartow Construction, Inc352 St Route 121
Ottisfield, Maine 04270
- Ken-Do Construction204 Chadsey Rd
Pownal, Maine 04069
- Kev & Sons Construction7A Rankin St.
Springvale, Maine 04083
- Kinnear CarpentryP.O. Box 3655
Portland, Maine 04104
- KLP Improvements Home Improvement Specialists213 Libby road
Casco, Maine 04015
- Ken Bartow Construction, Inc
- L.F. GRASS CUSTOM TILE INSTALLATIONS19 HEMON COBB RD.
Windham, Maine 04062
- Larry Pyle Carpentry63 Concord St
Portland, Maine 04103
- LEFT HAND BUILDERS LTD232 GRANGE AVE
Minot, Maine 04258
- Lessard Brothers ConstructionPO Box 293
Greene, Maine 04236
- LR Higgins Inc2 Lincoln Ave #3 PO Box 600
Scarborough, Maine 04070
- L.F. GRASS CUSTOM TILE INSTALLATIONS
- Port Builders LLC4 Murch Rd
Freeport, Maine 04032
- Port Builders LLC
- Scott M. Richardson LLC111 Ledgewood Dr
Falmouth, Maine 04105
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- SPR Real Estate Painting and Renovation4 Scamman St Ste 19-316
Saco, Maine 04072
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Scott M. Richardson LLC
- TLC CARPENTRY17 GRANT ROAD
Litchfield, Maine 04350
- TLC CARPENTRY