Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in North Monmouth, ME
There are 11 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in North Monmouth
- Home Front Building & InspectionBest contractors I’ve ever hired. Excellent work and they were a joy to have around. Well worth every cent.
- Halldale BuildersGlenn and his team we incredible! We were a new build and a big undertaking with 3 stories and a large deck on the third floor. They completed all of our framing and making the project fully weather tight. We appreciated Glenn and his teams advice along the way, this project would not have been a success without their recommendations. Following the completion of their work Glenn has remained in touch to provide additional guidance and support, and offered to help us with any obstacles we may face as we work to finish this project. Great experience and highly recommended
- All Season Home Improvement CoFrom taking a crude sketch to providing extra construction details he all season team provided excellent customer service, timely performed, skilled craftsman ship and outstanding value.
- All Season Home Improvement CoWe felt so comfortable with Bob's initial estimate that we stopped searching and hired All Season immediately. When we were ready for the roof, Bob sent his best crew to begin. Al was the amazing one as he took great pride in the quality of his work.
- Upright Building ServicesFred did an exceptional job on this addition. I had used him in the past for replacement window job, and ceiling insulation/ridge vent job, both jobs were exceptional. The project overall went well. We did have some delays, due to material order delays and a mistake on account of the building material supplier but Fred went out of his way to correct the situation, going the extra mile every time. We worked from the estimate very closely; Fred delivered exactly what was promised. I had the option of picking out the flooring and tile withing a predetermined price range. That process went well. I requested changes to the project tht required extra costs, eg., cabinetry, extra wide counter. The devil is in the details. The changes took time to do, the project ran over time-wise. This was largely due to the extras I asked for, and Fred's meticulous manner in completing work. The work had to be done right, and Fred wasn't satisfied till the job was done right. I am sure the labor estimates were low in certain areas, especially exterior siding, and countertop placement. Fred absorbed these costs, and remained true to his estimate on the price. The proof in the pudding is the look of the completed project. . The addition blends in perfectly with the existing house. The roof lines are perfect. Both interior and exterior workmanship were excellent. I received excellent value for the money spent. If you want a job to be done right, Fred Hilchey and Upright Building Services is the place to go. Fred is due to return to check in on a couple of minor touch ups. Quality is paramount with this guy. He keeps his word and is a man of integrity, something sorely lacking in other contractors. He cares about the finished product and the customer
- Upright Building ServicesVery well - it took longer than Fred had projected, but he did a careful job and didn't charge for anything extra except when he ran into the rot which hadn't been projected in the price and required additional materials.
- Halldale BuildersHalldale Builders performed work to add an in--law apartment onto our existing home, consisting of one bedroom, great room, kitchen area, bath. They joined the buildings with a mud room on the inside and a farmer's porch stretching the length of both buildings on the exterior. They do impeccable wood work. My closets, window and door trim, floor boards are all beautiful. They built cathedral ceilings in tongue and groove pine which are gorgeous. They installed a LifeProof floor which I am very pleased with. After the initial experience, we increased our budget and plans extensively to include more features. The construction included a complex roof which they managed without issue. They always had good suggestions and made the whole process worry-free. Any problems were quickly met with solutions. The owner, Glenn, helped me manage work being done through other companies, for example, we swapped out our heating system for an entirely new system to span both buildings. These builders have all the right contacts for cement work, electrical, plumbing, etc. I would wholeheartedly recommend Halldale Builders for any home construction project. These guys are perfectionists and truly care about the quality of their work and customer satisfaction. Perhaps the best testament of their work....We are in their queue waiting to get work done on the original house when they can fit us in
- Halldale BuildersHalldale Builders was completely professional and my son is now the proud owner of an energy efficient, very well-built, and very beautiful new home. The construction is outstanding, and every detail is well-thought out and completed. We highly recommend this company if you would like to have the complete package of finding the best materials at the best price. The owner does happen to be my 2nd cousin, but we were treated the same way I have no doubt he treats all of his customers; with integrity, thoughtfulness, and pride in his company's workmanship. *Now that I have made these comments, I see at the end a box to verify I am not related to the owner in any way, as said before I am related, so that would make him, technically a 2nd cousin once removed from my son, but I don't think for a moment that that should matter. I know he is completely satisfied with the work and am posting this for him as he doesn't have internet access at home as yet.
- Halldale BuildersDrove to Maine the next day. He kept in touch and he arrived a half an hour early. He crawled through spaces that most would not dare tread. He reviewed and inspected all areas of concern. He was very honest and comforting. He pointed out that many items were not as bad as feared and also laid out a plan that would accomplish long range goals getting the place where we want it to be. He let me know that he would provide names for trustworthy specialists in the areas that need some immediate attention. There were quite a few folks there including another contractor representing the Sellers. When Glenn spoke, everyone listened. He also brought his partner, Matt Lincoln, who was very helpful. If you are looking for a contractor that is going to give it to you straight, I highly recommend Glenn and Matt of Halldale Builders. They both totally exceeded my expectations. I hope to use their services in the near and distant future
- Halldale BuildersHalldale Builders built our home 16 years ago. This was a new experience for us. They led us from start to finish through the entire process. They use quality material, are absolutely precise, knowledgeable, detail-oriented, and the result was our dream home. Everything was timely and came in a little under cost. They are very clean workers, aware of workplace safety & cleanliness. They have done a couple other small jobs for us, and the new floors were the latest upgrade. I would recommend Halldale Builders, absolutely!! Please ask to visit our home...we love to show it off!!
House Builders in North Monmouth
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:My goal to meet the needs of my clients by offering affordable rates with great quality work . I have over 15 years of experience as a carpenter I have done many projects as framing a house from start to finish, porches, window install, flooring ,and many more renovations all these I offer and many more . We deliver high quality work and Will will give customers great satisfaction.Recent Review:Very well. John is knowledgeable and does great work.Ron R.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plansRecent Review:David’s team performed high-quality work on time and on budget. I highly recommend them!Nathan D.
- Business Description:I am a master carpenter who takes pride in his trade, with 30 years experience. Can fix everything in and around the home. I give reasonable estimates and build in a timely manor that fits with the client scheduleRecent Review:Michael Gardner and Gardner Construction rocked my project! I had a hideous and inconvenient concrete slab, and I wanted a deck. Michael recommended a way to build a deck over it and meet and exceed my goals, was there when he said he would be, and was under budget! I was very excited, and likely over communicated with him, and he always was responsive, kind and brought great ideas. He and his whole crew were a pleasure to work with and having them at the house was a pleasure. I love the end resultShannon K.
- Business Description:My name is Clyde Fowler, Jr. and I grew up in Randolph, ME. I started Fowler's Roofing 13 years ago and have been providing roofing services, masonry work, and full construction work all over the state of Maine for over 17 years. My staff and crews are very reliable and professional. When we approach a job from the free estimate to the finished product the number one goal is establishing trust with the homeowner and to provide them with 100% satisfaction. We are proud members of the Better Bu..Recent Review:This process could not have gone any better. The salesman Chris Tupper was great to work with from day one. From the beginning to the end Chris went out of his way to help us with our new garage. He was very helpful when my wife had certain demands (colors) and came through. He thoroughly explained all aspects of the build. The crew that put the building up in 3 days were awesome. Kept the yard clean when done you never new they were there. Chris came by after build to check on things. I would use and recommend Fowler’s in a minute. Thanksjeffrey p.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:We are a construction company that serves the mid-coast Maine area. We have a large range of what we are able to do. Our attention to detail is what sets us apart. We have some subcontractors that we use in order to make jobs move faster and save our clients money. We are a very honest company and stick to our word. We have a crew large enough to handle projects or size but not so large we can not help smaller projects. We bill according to the project and require a deposit of materials plus ..Recent Review:It went incredible. He came in and did an estimate. What I had in my mind, he did it better. I have dogs and he totally understood that I love my dogs. He was great at telling me what I would and wouldn't need because of my dog. He fixed some things that the last person did wrong. He gave me all the information and let me make the decisions. He got here early and finished on time. We already have another project in the works. He is a very honest manEllen C.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in home remodeling (standard to custom), we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! From remodels and home additions, to dekcs and garages, and everything in between, give us a call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:It was excellent. They did a wonderful job, they followed up with the work, I was very happy, I would recommend them and I would hire them again in the future.bONNIE L.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou..Recent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend themGrant M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
home builders in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A Team Home Improvements, LLC61 West River Rd
- Above & Beyond LLC524 Lincoln St
- Acadia Post & Beam2379 US Hwy 1
- Acme Property Services, LLC.48 Location Rd
- All Season Home Improvement Co823 Church Hill Rd
- American Restorations Co.1964 Hill Rd
- AZ Builders115 North St
- A Team Home Improvements, LLC
- C & H Roofing & Construction798 Brunswick Ave
- CENTRAL MAINE HOME IMPROVEMENTS530 RIVER AVE
- Collins Construction LLC117 Webster Rd
- Commercial Roofing Systems IncPO Box 110
- Corey Rubchinuk62 Clark St
- Craftworks Construction IncPO Box 39
- C & H Roofing & Construction
- E.L.B. Construction Inc.370 Bailey Hill Rd 479 Dallas Hill Rd, Rangeley Me 04970
- Earl Farris Contractor640 Civic Center Dr
- Ed Bodeau & Son Contractors1297 PEQUAWKET TRL
- Elwell Logging50 Catfish Corner Road
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Estabrook Builders23 fifth ave
- E.L.B. Construction Inc.
- Fairfield Drafting and Construction518 Norridgewock Road
- Faucher's Home Improvement494 Quaker Road
- FIGOLI BRUCE668 CIVIC CENTER DRIVE
- Fowler's Roofing & Construction672 River Road
- Frost & Bryant Building Contractors106 Riverside Dr
- FULLERTON BUILDERS11 COUNTRY ACRES
- Fairfield Drafting and Construction
- J & J Home Improvements18 Philbrick Rd
- jb builders19 morse brook drive
South Paris, Maine
- Jd Howell and Co., Inc.2101 Friendship Rd
- Jim Brann General Contractor38 Farrs Road
- JKR Builders Inc.37444 Ray Dr
- JNM Electric353 Wingood Road
- Joe Turcotte Custom Carpentry20N Pineridge Rd
- J & J Home Improvements
- K J Dugas Construction Inc.157 Blue Hill Rd.
- K.C. Renovations94 green st
- Ken Card Foundations278 Tillson Rd
- Kennebec Regional Development Authority46 First Park Dr #C
- Kevin Niles Contractor Kittery Maine80 Bartlett Rd
Kittery Point, Maine
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- K J Dugas Construction Inc.
- Maine RemodelingPO Box 41 138 Main Street
- MAINE TIMBER WORKS823 Augusta Road
- Mainely Kitchens and Baths26 York St
- Marrone Electrical Service35 Canal St Ste D
- McCarthy Point Builders38 Kenneth Ln
- McNaughton Bros. Construction Corp.368 Central Street
- Michael Wales & Daughter Construction480 New Portland Hill Road
New Portland, Maine
- Midcoast Home Designs168 Head Tide Rd
- Mike Smith bldg&remodeling incp.o.box 234
West Paris, Maine
- Maine Remodeling
- Quality Landscaping48 Lothridge Ln
- Quality Landscaping
- S&R contracting llc801 Perkins Ridge Rd 69 goods point steuben
- Simplex Industries1 Simplex Dr.
- SteelSTORED Shipping Containers55 Greens Farms Rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Sustainable Structures, Inc.PO Box 45
- S&R contracting llc
- T&L Construction484 Acadia hwy
- T-Libb Construction @ Design Service350 Rebel Hill Rd
Smyrna Mills, Maine
- TA Dunham & Sons1710 Main St
Kents Hill, Maine
- the APPRENTICESHOP655 Main Street
- The Handy Boys Construction50 Park Rd
- TIM'S CARPENTRY90 CEMETERY RD
- Timber Ridge Quality Homes22 Knights Rd
- T&L Construction
- Upright Building Services753 Pleasantview Dr .
- Upright Building Services
- Vincent & CoPO Box 236
- Vincent & Co