Drywall installation costs depend on various factors, including the size and shape of the room, the material type and thickness, and the desired finish. Read on to help determine your budget before starting your project.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in North Monmouth, ME
There are 6 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in North Monmouth
- Mike Rose DrywallMike was very professional and kept me informed about all the steps of the process. He showed up when he said it would and always left the work area clean. His work is beautiful and I'm so glad to have gotten it done. Highly recommend.
- Mike Rose DrywallMike was very professional. He kept me informed on each step of the project, always let me know when he was going to be at the house. The work that Mike has done is top notch, once painted you will not even see any seams. I am very impressed with his work and after seeing the end result, i would not hire anyone else to do this type of work!!! Overall great experience!!
- Mike Rose DrywallMike started on the date we agreed on. Mike worked hard to make sure that our ceilings came out great. He also repaired a lot of imperfections in our walls while he was here. If you need your ceilings smoothed out, Mike is your guy.
- JCabido RemodelingThey gave me a fair price and did the work as promised. There were a few hiccups along the way as would be expected, but they were very fair about those and stood behind their work as promised to correct any issues. This is about all you can ask for, in my opinion, it is inevitable that hiccups occur on any big job. The important thing is how the company handles them. In this case, they resolved all issues. We sold the house and my understanding is that a problem came up with the new owners and that J. Cabido went back and fixed the problem at their cost. I would use them again
- Upright Building ServicesHe was very pleasant and professional with excellent communication during the project. He gave us a very reasonable quote and we signed a contract to proceed. The work was done ahead of schedule and it all looked very good when he was done. We plan on hiring him again for future projects.
- Upright Building ServicesI had a water leak that damaged the flooring and sections of drywall and I had made an insurance claim for the loss. I had another company give me an estimate for repairs and it appeared as though their estimated costs were quite high. I contacted Mr. Hilchey who had done work for me in the past and he gave me a very reasonable estimate to cover the basement walls with new drywall and to install laminate flooring. The work was done quickly and meticulously. The basement looks great! Mr. Hilchey was very good about letting me know when he would be working and about how the job was progressing. I find him to be an honest and very hard worker and I would absolutely hire him again
- Upright Building ServicesI had Upright Building Services come look at my project and he wrote up a projected cost plan for me and we set a time frame for him to come and start the remodel of our downstairs basement. He helped me with finding the type of ceiling tiles I had been trying to find. I had him build a wall unit in this room also and I gave him my design and he figured out the measurements for it. The project took more time then we had thought, but he had extra time figured in the contract , and it didn't cost me anymore then projected. I have had lots of compliments on the room and it is exactly as I pictured it would look like
- Upright Building ServicesFred was creative in the design and selection of materials for each project. He worked independently in our home; we were not present on many occasions. He is very trust worthy. His prices are a bit higher than average, but the quantity of work he produces, as well as the quality and guarantees he provides are well worth the money. He will follow up on details and get it done to your satisfaction. I would use him again for other projects
- TREVINO CUSTOM DRYWALL & PAINTING, INC.Stated = 1 job of replastering and painting. He was very detailed cleaned up; doesn't bother anyone - always on time - very professional, we now use him in the spring and fall for about 4 weeks each time - (we have an OLD 1878 house on the water and was so pleased with his variety of skills, price, work ethic that I use him for as many repairs as possible - we used to have a painter come every year BUT Joe has replaced him because his skills are more versatile - the home he works on is in Bar Harbor ME 04609 not the Florida address - would highly recommend him
- New Leaf ConstructionOur experience with New Leaf Construction in December led us back to hiring them again for a few additional projects we wanted completed outside this spring. The remodel of our firm over the winter was very successful and it was a pleasure to work with their crew. Their professionalism showed throughout the entirety of the project, from the quality of their work, sensitivity to our timeline, accommodating the needs of our business with as little interruption as possible, cleanliness of their work area, attention to detail, and staying on budget. I highly recommend New Leaf Construction
Drywall Contractors in North Monmouth
- Recent Review:Mike was very professional and kept me informed about all the steps of the process. He showed up when he said it would and always left the work area clean. His work is beautiful and I'm so glad to have gotten it done. Highly recommendMauri P.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:REDO Properties is the finest family owned residential and commercial painting company in Maine. We only use professional grade products and specialize in delivering superior finishes. We are the only REDO you'll ever needRecent Review:Awesome, very professional,great personality, awesome job!!Brian B.
- Business Description:Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plansRecent Review:David’s team performed high-quality work on time and on budget. I highly recommend them!Nathan D.
- Business Description:Has your home or business been damaged by a fire? Octagon Cleaning and Restoration is your Maine source for all of your fire damage recovery needs. We offer water extraction (water removal), fire and smoke restoration, water damage restoration, water damage cleanup, and fire smoke damage restoration, as well as carpet cleaning services and commercial carpet cleaning. Our services don't stop there! Are you in need of black mold removal or air duct cleaning? We have you covered! Our superior ai..Recent Review:I called Octagon the day after we had an upstairs water leak. The next day, Octagan had scheduled a technician to assess the damage and set up the mitigation solutions to dry out the damage before mold could set in. Everyone from Octagon was friendly, professional and very responsive. If you need a fast, reliable and effective response, you will find it with OctagonStephen H.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou..Recent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend themGrant M.
- Business Description:drywall , building, remodeling, painting, eletricalRecent Review:It was horrible. Paul held up the renovation for over two months because he often did not show up or made excuses why he had to leave early. He was a one-man show, which meant this added to the time for the job. This was not know to us when we hired him. Also, our contractor had to fire him at the end of the job because he just could not finish it. The work that he did do is some of the worse drywall I have ever seen. We were not on site until after the painting was done and could not believe the lack of professionalism. We had to hire another person to try and fix his bad job and get things repainted. Terrible experienceLynn K.
- Business Description:Home Remodeling, BBB, Certified, Insured, Deposit required before start of all projects, bonuses for business referrals accepted.Recent Review:Electrical and plumbing were subcontracted and I have no complaint on their work. However for the work this contractor performed.....It started out okay, complimented his work... But by the time the last of the porch repair and the bathroom reno was completed I realised I had made a huge error of judgement. He insisted in starting the porch work in the fall and then over the winter. When the ground thawed in the spring and the supports no longer met the concrete footing blocks, he used rigid foam boards to shim the concrete blocks up to meet the posts. The floorboards had been removed and proper footings could have been sunk below the frost line, instead it had to be jury rigged and as the ground heave sin the winter and thaws back down, I expect it to be only a matter of time before the folly of this becomes apparent and I will have to get a competent contractor in to fix it. The bathroom was to have a radiant heat floor put in, but the system installed is not meant to be used in a wet room. There is baseboard heat with a pipe running through the floor and that was "sealed" with a piece of moulding and if there is any problem with the heater or the pipe breaks it is harder to get to, nevermind just being able to clean it. I was concerned over the floor system and he promised me that a letter would be coming from the manufacturer saying the system was safe as installed. I spoke to a company rep and they cannot sign off on an installation that they did not witness. So I am unable to recommend this contractor based on any sense I have of his integrity. I am back to using a space heater and When I am able to I will have to have the floor taken up and the correct system put in. There are numerous other minor things, such as the laminate floor being laid with no regard to the pattern on the boards so the same pattern piece was used 3 times next to each other. I did look up how to install this type of floor and found plenty of instructive videos saying how the boards are usually separated by pattern and then laid down in such a way to be random and give the illusion of real wood. The result on my floor does not demonstrate to me an attention to detail. The light over the shower, an upgraded ceiling fan, an additional outlet or two were all part of the plan but were never installed. There were assertions like a new outlet would have cost $400. I checked with the electrician myself and was told that was not the price they would charge and did not understand why that would have been quoted. When issues were raised it was mentioned that he had a lien on someone's house who didn't want to pay for their finished projects. So, there is a lot of work to redo and since the money isn't there I will have to live with things as they are for a while. Not the result I was expecting after 6 months (way beyond the estimated time) of work having been done and at no small expense. I will try to post photos to illustrate what I have mentioned aboveChrystine H.
- Business Description:We are independently owned and operated locally, serving Maine since 1992. We have brightened the homes and lives of over 3000 customers over the years and hire only friendly and competent professional painters. Our core values are the basis for my business. They include respecting the individual, deliver what you promise, have pride in what we do and practice continuous improvementRecent Review:I would stay away from this company. I was quoted $5000 to paint only certain sections of my house. Not the entire exterior. Just 2 sections that were in need of painting. The quote also included unnecessary "prep" work like power washing the wood siding and then what - painting over the wet wood? And charging extra to "prime" certain areas when the paint I requested is a paint/primer in one. List goes on and on. I'm in the industry. Please, get another quote before you throw away your hard earned money to these peopleJeff L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Whether you slammed your chair into the drywall or the door has hit it one too many times, drywall holes are inevitable. Luckily, you can patch them up on your own. The steps below outline the necessary work for repairing drywall holes.
When tackling large projects at home, it won't take long before you come up against the nuisance of drywall dust. Cutting down the amount of dust and where it travels can make your project safer, quicker, and a greater overall success.
Find drywall contractors in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
drywall contractors in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- D D Dyer Contracting279 Dover rd
- DAN GILMORE & CO.P.O Box 4006
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- daves home improvment30 wilson st
- done right construction2 sunrise cir
- DOUG MERRILL & SON BUILDER INC211 OLD BATH RD
- Drywall By Design70 Park St
- DST Home Improvement Co2186 Summerhaven Road
- D D Dyer Contracting
- GreyStone Construction42 Sunset St
- GreyStone Construction
- K.C. Renovations94 green st
- K.C. Renovations
- New Leaf Construction30 Commercial St P.O. Box 1083
- New Leaf Construction
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration353 Roosevelt Trail
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration
- S&R contracting llc801 Perkins Ridge Rd 69 goods point steuben
- S&R contracting llc
- T-Libb Construction @ Design Service350 Rebel Hill Rd
Smyrna Mills, Maine
- TCM Co19 Davenport st
- The Breathable Home106 Green St.
- The Chore Store Inc10 Kelsey St
- The Handy Boys Construction50 Park Rd
- Thomas Ciccones' Business Consultant Entrepreneur1135 North Wickham Road
- Timber Ridge Quality Homes22 Knights Rd
- TLC Painting28 Drummond Ave
- Tri Town Towing and Property Maintenance981 West River Rd
- T-Libb Construction @ Design Service
- Upright Building Services753 Pleasantview Dr .
- Upright Building Services