From illuminating your space to elevating your aesthetic, light fixtures are important elements in any home. Find out how much it costs to install a new light fixture based on factors like type, location, and whether or not you hire a pro.
Get matched with top Electricians in Harlan, IA
There are 17 highly-rated local electricians.
Recent Electrician Reviews in Harlan
- HSP Construction IncHSP remodeled two guest bathrooms, our kitchen, main bathroom and replaced our deck. We were pleased with the experience and thrilled with the results. The crew was respectful of our home, cleaning up after themselves each day and protecting our walls, banisters, furniture, etc. Communication with HSP was timely, thorough and frequent. We knew each day what tasks were to be performed and by which crew members. Although there weren't many, they handled change requests in stride. Chuck and his team are true professionals. Their attention to detail and "can do" attitude makes them such a pleasure to work with
- Inkd Out ConstructionVery well. I was given options on the fixtures. He also took out a ceiling fan and replaced it with a new ceiling light.
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his entire team are amazing. They made our basement bar and entertainment area dream a reality. We got everything we asked for and more. The attention to detail is second to none. Already making my ‘plans’ for the next project I have for them.
- Bolte ConstructionBill and his team were outstanding! Everyone who worked on our project was on-time, professional and friendly. Bill clearly outlined the process and set expectations about when the work would be done. He kept us informed about what to expect on a daily basis. We are very pleased with the work performed and would hire Bill again
- Pro Handyman ServicesThis is the second time Mark and his wife have installed kitchen cabinets, crown molding on the cabinet tops, and countertops. His work is excellent and done in a timely manner. We recommend his finish carpentry.
- Bolte ConstructionWork was excellent and above our expectations. We were given an estimate and it was right on target. Workers were very professional and cleaned up after work was finished. I would hire them again.
- HSP Construction IncFacing a near-complete rebuild of our basement room (my man-cave) after some structural and waterproofing work, I wanted to find a company that served as a one-stop shop with experience in big jobs but would treat my small relatively small job as it were just as important. I needed some flooring, framing and drywall and painting. Oh, and maybe some more electrical outlets, because I'm tired of running cords all over the place for the computer, the TV, etc.? And how about running some ethernet cable, too? How about a door to separate the room from the rest of the basement so when the furnace clicks on I don't have to turn up to the TV to hear it? And maybe make it look stylish and up-to-date if we wanted to sell our home someday? All for a reasonable price? And can it be done quickly, I mean, like, fast, because all the stuff in the man-cave is making the rest of the house look cluttered, and it's driving me nuts, and we can't have that! (Oh, while you're at it, can you install a new shower backsplash in the upstairs bathroom? And tear out the old stuff? Oh, there's a sliding glass door and mirror, can you take that out?) And I didn't want the hassle of calling all around town to find people who could do what I wanted done without all the delays. I wanted the convenience of getting all the work from one place. Shrug. Not a lot to ask, right? That's right. That's pretty much the impression I got from Chuck when he came to visit. That's right, the owner of the company came to visit us in person -- TWICE. Once before the structural and waterproof company was done, and then afterward so he could get a better idea of what his crews would be facing. Now, not being an old hand when it came to home remodeling, I pretty much trusted his vision with the final product. He helped me bring out the WOW in what could be this room with some added features I didn't even think about. So Chuck just wanted to upsell me, right? I didn't feel that way. Not when he kept trying to find ways to save money AND make things look amazing. Look, you're going to find a bunch of contractors out there who can claim they can deliver your project 1) on time 2) on budget and 3) by making something unique to what you want. Pick any two, right? Not with HSP. They'll nail all three. Let's add 4) and have patience for a nervous customer who calls the poor office manager asking when the next crew is coming out before the current crew is even finished with their work. That's these folks. They listen, they work with your schedule, and they were definitely patient with me. I'm not saying your man-cave remodel from the cement block walls and slab floor to completion will take just a few weeks as mine did. But I challenge you to find another company that can get tear-down, framing, drywall, flooring (did I mention the vinyl flooring not only looks like stately wood planks and doesn't FEEL like, well, vinyl?) and electric work done as quickly. Oh, yeah, what about that door to block out the furnace roar I mentioned earlier? How about a new painted and stained barn door! That's because having an owner of the company who is just as much an artist as he is a contractor and having everything under one roof helped a LOT. What was I left with when the job was done? A blend between a tech start-up office and a sports bar. Not everything went perfectly well. The drywall crew accidentally busted open a water pipe and ruined a bunch of the ceiling drywall they'd just put in. But character isn't shown when everything goes right; it's when a disaster hits. Were there any delays in the job because of this? No. Any excuses from the crew? Absolutely not. The guys put in some extra hours to make up for the accident and kept the schedule on track. Isn't that what you'd want from a home contractor? If you've gotten this far in this review, you're probably wondering "did HSP pay this guy to make this review"? Nah, they didn't. So let me tell you why I'm writing all this: because I hope your experience in your remodeling is just as great as ours was
- HSP Construction IncThe project went very well although we were interrupted by the beginning of Covid-19. There was still a lot of confusion over necessary precautions at that time. I spoke to the owner, Chuck Leo, and he was willing to do whatever would make us comfortable. We ended up delaying the project after it was half completed. This was an inconvenience for them and us but we needed to be extra careful due to some health concerns. They just completed the remodel with the details listed below. It was a tricky project as we had already put in a new floor, shower/tub, and toilet a few years back, so the plan had to work with that. We wanted to save the lovely Italian floor tiles, if possible, but pieces needed to be added. The plan was to remove a linen closet from the hallway outside the bathroom which essentially took up potential valuable bathroom space. We decided gaining "real estate" in the bathroom was well worth losing that hallway closet. That gave us the opportunity to add a double sink with extra counter space. Another challenge was to add double medicine cabinets into the existing wall which was (weirdly) made out of wood. That also made it more complicated to add light sconces between and on the sides of the two cabinets. HSP rose to every challenge. Rose, the office assistant, the lead carpenter, the plumber, the electrician, and the drywallers were professional and quick to respond to any questions we had. Chuck was super helpful in reviewing some of the choices I made, such as the Moen faucets we had installed. I really appreciated having their help in comparing products as they definitely have the expertise. They had me pick out the cabinets and counter material from A1 Kitchen and Bath in Omaha and that worked out beautifully. A1 took the measurements and created a beautiful built-in for us. I took a piece of the tile with me when I first visited and was able to find the perfect match for the countertop and cabinets/drawers. We feel the end product is beautiful and that the look blends in perfectly with the period of the house. The medicine cabinets are shaped like the awning windows and everything just goes together very well. Patrick, the lead carpenter, did a super job fitting the few extra pieces of the Italian tile I had saved to cover the gap where the linen closet had encroached into the bathroom. You would never know what a crazy design had been replaced with this new look that is what should have always been there. It really was a job well done and I would definitely work with HSP again
- HSP Construction IncWe hired HSP construction to update our powder room bathroom. We wanted to add insulation, drywall, get rid of a window and laundry shoot, fix flooring, plumbing, and add a bath fan and electrical outlet. HSP was able to do it all. Chuck Leo required us to select and pay for our vanity, toilet, mirrors, towel bar, and accessories. They offered to pick large items up at store if they were held under our name. HSP estimated 2 weeks for the job and that's how long it took. Each day they communicated what they were going to work on, when leaving for lunch or the day. They were clean, polite, professional and answered all our questions. We never saw them wasting time on their cell phones or taking extremely long breaks. We were able to email the office for questions or concerns about anything. I was so thankful that the worker tested the bathroom grab bar after installing. He discovered it damaged the wall and would not hold weight. He went to the store to find a better grab bar that worked perfect. Can't imagine how awful that would have been if myself or our handicap parents would have fallen with that grab bar. The workmanship is nicely done. I would highly recommend HSP for your construction project big or small. We will hire them again
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his team are the best! I can not say enough good about the team. They were all very respectful worked was done and they cleaned up after ever days work. At the beginning of the day always did a walk through and discussed with us what was to be completed for that day to make sure color was correct before they started. Also love how they put in their thoughts and did not say what I wanted could not be done. They really know how to think outside the box to get the look that I wanted at a price that I could afford. The finished worked is picture perfect. They are well worth there money! They responded to any questions or concerns promptly. There was no delays which was a big plus because there is no subcontractor they are work for HSP
Electricians in Harlan
- Business Description:UNIVERSAL ELECTRIC MIDWEST specializes in Home, Business, Retail, and Commercial mixed use properties. Universal Electric has been serving Omaha and Council Bluffs for over 10 years, delivering personalized attention and unmatched customer satisfactionRecent Review:Two bathroom fans, two guys, $1800 later. Beware of their shopping trips and supply bill. Probably cost me $500 for their time on 3 trips. One before and two during job. Several requests but never received a detailed list of supplies or timeMichael H.
- Business Description:A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical was established in 1975. In 1981, Ray Barr, Tom Brummett and Stan Gregory purchased the company with the ambition to become one of the leading heating and air conditioning companies in Omaha. After starting business with only one install technician and one service technician, their dream has been realized after growing into a company with a staff of over 100 people and branching out into all areas of the HVAC business. In 2007 Tom Brummett, retired after 2..Recent Review:They handle scheduling on services at my rental properties. Great with remindersMichelle E.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:JW Builders does all kinds residential remodeling specializing in kitchen, bathrooms, and basement remodeling. We also offer siding repairs, new window installation & exterior door installs. Established in 2006 with over 22 years of remodeling experience. Over 500 satisfied customers! BBB accredited business and we are now accepting all major credit cards. 10 year warranty on craftsmanship. Please call us today for a free estimate and get your remodeling project started.Recent Review:They were very good and I will recommend them to others.Elzbieta C.
- Business Description:Tile, Stone, and Glass installation. Additional DBA: Master Bath Specialists.Recent Review:The best experience we have had with remodels, we have done several such projects in past homes. Everything was done extremely well and there were no hidden costs. Keith was on top of all aspects of project including many different vendors and kept us well informed during all steps. All vendors involved were top shelf and thorough. We will only consider Keith for any future remodel needsJewel K.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.Recent Review:Had a lot of work done. I needed ceiling lights, connected to wall switches, put in for 4 second floor bedrooms, which had no existing light fixtures. Ed cut holes in the ceiling and installed 4 electrical boxes (fasten 3 studs and one brace). Then he went up into the attic, ran wire to the wall switch, and put in new double switches. He then installed 3 ceiling lights and one ceiling fan. Next he went back up into the attic and ran new wire into 5 closets, and installed lights in them. Those lights were connected to the double switches he had installed before. Ed then replaced an older ceiling light with a new one. Finally, he replaced a couple of older breakers with new ones and put in some blanks too. Ed charges a Flat Rate for the work, so if it takes longer, it does not cost more. He is very profession, shows up on time, and works hard for the entire time he is there. I plan on having him come back in the future to do some more work that needs to be doneCory C.
- Business Description:Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org.Recent Review:Mark did a fantastic job! He was punctual and worked diligently. He was quite professional about his job too. He was very reasonable in price. I would recommend him to others.Melissa H.
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Thank you so much for all your support with our properties. You are good to your word and provide excellent customer service. You always manage to have someone professional and courteous answer our calls live. We are very satisfied with you and 100% recommendedWalter L.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated. Angie's List Super Service Award winner. Only the Top 5% of contractors receive this award. We have been working in the Omaha community since 1997 and now have the opportunity to serve you as Power Crew. We have formed this company to do something that no other electrical contractor in Omaha had done yet; specialize and use the majority of our resources to serve Omaha’s homeowners to meet all of your residential electrical needs exclusively for electrical service and..Recent Review:Power Crew was great! We had them perform some work yesterday. Very professional and courteous. I was notified when the service tech was going to arrive with his name and photo. I will hire them again and recommend them to my family and friends. Thanks JasonBrad E.
- Business Description:We specialize in residential home remodeIs, including bathrooms, kitchens, basements and other custom remodels. We are BBB accredited and currently only accept check or cash. We always offer free estimates and will come and sit down with you to discuss the estimate before starting a job. Our company is focused on customer satisfaction, we won't be happy until you are happy. We strongly believe in honesty, integrity, quality and punctuality, which means you, the customer won't have to worry, y..Recent Review:G & K Construction was a great company to work with. Greg, Brian, and Dave were very professional, always on time, and kept us abreast as they progressed through the project. The final product was all we expected, and more. We have already recommended them to family and friendsMichael S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Is it time to upgrade your electrical panel? For the sake of safety, find out sooner than later by exploring our top signs that it’s time for an upgrade.
If your circuit breaker trips every time you turn on your washer or dryer, you may need a dedicated circuit. If electrical systems jargon makes your head spin, read this. Here’s everything you need to know about dedicated circuits and where you might need
Find Electricians in
- Elk Horn
- Missouri Valley
Electricians in Harlan
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A to Z Electric, LLCPO Box 363
- A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical4972 F St
- Accessible Innovations5062 S 108th St 150
- ACM Heating Cooling and Electrical LLC513 North 27th Street
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Advanced Electrical Services4146 S 89th St Ste 201
- Affordable Contracting & Handyman202 W North St
- Affordable Fans - The Fan Doctor9 Gumpas Hill Rd
Pelham, New Hampshire
- Aksarben ARS7070 S 108th St
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- Amped Electric139 Brentwood Hgts.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Ample Electric15939 Martha Cir
West Omaha, Nebraska
- A to Z Electric, LLC
- BELLEVUE VACUUMS2245 FRANKLIN ST
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing14302 C Cir
- Berg Electric LLC1616 Lomas Circle
- Bob's Home & Business Repair3004 N 76th St
- Brase Electrical Contracting Corp.4430 South 108th Street
- Bruce Kutler Electric9465 Jones Cir
- Burton A/C Heating Plumbing & More5010 F St
- BELLEVUE VACUUMS
- CEC Electric, LLC3 4th Street NW
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Certified Electric Solutions17463 I Street
- CFS Insurance & Notary Services, Inc.3872 State Highway 64 W
- Chase Electric15613 redwood st
- Cherek's Home Repair10224 Weir St
- Clarinda Heating and Cooling720 S 12th St
- Classic Contractorsp.o. Box 245
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc1532 NE 96th St Ste A
- Craighton Electrical311 N Washington Ave
Mason City, Iowa
- Crescendo Home Theater Inc9742 Ascot Dr
- Crossroads ElectricP.O. Box 991
- Cummins Central Power10088 S. 136th Street
- CEC Electric, LLC
- Frisbie Construction, LLCPO Box 242
- Frisbie Construction, LLC
- G & K Construction LLC18709 Josephine St
- GARY ROBERTS ELECTRIC CO1110 S SADDLE CREEK RD
- Geek Squad - Best Buy3115 Manawa Centre Dr
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Good To Go Auto Repair2905 Brady St
- Green Light Renewable Services2809 Kingman Blvd
Des Moines, Iowa
- GUARDIAN ELECTRIC4140 S 89th St # 200
- G & K Construction LLC
- IA ElectricPO BOX 694
- IA Electric
- LA Handyman7902 Emiline Street
La Vista, Nebraska
- LA Handyman
- McCarthys One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning14302 C Cir
- McKay Landscape Lighting11440 S 146TH St.
- Metro Electric Company of Omaha4449 S. 134th St
- Midwest Electrical Contractors13401 S 38th Circle
- Miller Electric Co2501 Saint Marys Ave
- Mister Sparky14302 C Cir
- MOBIEHL ELECTRIC7711 Braun Ave
La Vista, Nebraska
- MYERS ELECTRIC COMPANY INCORPORATED7342 FARNAM ST
- McCarthys One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning
- Pats Electric20083 270th St ---
- Power CrewP.O. Box 540393
- Powers Electric LLC5324 south 104th avenue
- Precision Lighting & ElectricP.O. Box 167
- Premier Business & Home Services9908 Weir Plz # 3
- Pro Electric1130 Wilroy
- Pats Electric
- Schaefer Electric Inc2927 N 84th St
- Schmidt Construction1905 S 2nd St
- Service Guard a Division of Black Hills Energy1600 Windhoek Dr
- Service One9335 J St
- SOUTHERN IOWA TECHNOLOGIES1451 Highway 137
- Sternquist Garage &Tire1823 W 3rd Extension St
- Schaefer Electric Inc
- Universal Electric Inc4348 South 90th Street
- Universal Electric Inc
- Ward Electric - Iowa300 1st St Suite D
Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
- Ward Electric - Iowa