Cables, cords, and wires are needed to power the devices in our homes, but hiding them all can be a real hassle. Learn 11 ways to put them out of sight.
Get matched with top Electricians in Oakland, IA
There are 4 highly-rated local electricians.
Matching on Angi
Recent Electrician Reviews in Oakland
- Pro Handyman ServicesThis is the second time Mark and his wife have installed kitchen cabinets, crown molding on the cabinet tops, and countertops. His work is excellent and done in a timely manner. We recommend his finish carpentry.
- Ward Electric - IowaWe were very happy with this crew. They were very professional and they did a great job the whole family's happy with all three houses and we would definitely hire them again.
- Ward Electric - IowaFantastic. Cannot recommend highly enough. We bought a house built in 1957, and the last remodel had been done sometime in the 70's. We completely gutted the main floor and attic to studs, and rebuilt from there. New layout, the whole deal. Ward did a complete rewire, new panel, data lines, cable, any residential electric you can think of, they took care of. Great guys to work with, kept us in code, answered our (sometimes dumb) questions and worked with us on last minute changes. Came out whenever we needed questions answered or last minute modifications done. Will be contracting them to complete our basement when we get to that part of the remodel. Cannot recommend highly enough. Charlie and Jared (and Jared's apprentice? Sorry forgot his name) were great to work with. If you've worked with many contractors (and I hadnt until this remodel) you'll learn that certain things can happen or issues will come up - but not with these guys. Far and away the best contractors we had...and will be using again. If you need a reference we are happy to be one
- Premier Construction ServicesIn February 2013 we hired Premier Construction to undertake an extensive building project which included an addition to our house that doubled the existing square footage, a remodel of the existing space, and the construction of a detached garage. Also included in the project were a rear deck, a front covered deck, and a patio just off the newly constructed walk-out. Our building project with Adam and Premier Construction was definitely a collaborative effort and the design options Adam presented to us always reflected our wishes and preferences. As the project advanced, there were change orders at our request which Adam took in stride with his characteristic can-do cheerfulness. Adam never sees a problem that can't be fixed or a challenge that can't be met and he possesses a great aesthetic sense as well as an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in the construction business. The end result, which we are now enjoying, is a seamlessly executed addition which has all the features we most desired. The quality of workmanship in the addition surpasses that of the original dwelling, a credit to Adam and the first-rate team of employees and sub-contractors associated with Premier Construction. We have no plans for further improvements...but...if we ever decide to build a party shed, we'll call Adam
- T&D Electrical LLCWell, for starters, after calling about 6 different groups in Chicago they were the first to call me back. They sent a guy to the apartment we are having electrical issues with and reported back to me promptly. The dispatcher was cordial, bubbly and anxious for my business. This team has its act together from what I can tell, at least thru the assessment process. We may use them again for an expensive fuse box-breaker box switch. I asked the handyman to send me a picture of our outdated fuse box and the dude is a natural photographer. Our issue happened in Buena Park. When you call them ask for Marianne. Tell her Paul of Iowa sent you
- Palmer Electric IncReal quick response time, very reasonably priced, had the option where he could of charged anything that he wanted but he was fair with his pricing and did a quality job.
- Mr. Electric of Kansas City NorthlandIt went very well. He was here pretty promptly. He did a couple of extra things for us besides what the big deal was. Price was good. He was right on time.
- Forest Hills Electrical Contracting IncPaul contacted me as soon as I reached out to him. I chose his business primarily based on his Angie's List ratings and comments that were posted. I was not disappointed. Paul is very professional. I hired an electrical contractor in New York City without meeting him face to face! (Thank you Angie's List and Thank you Paul for participating in Angie's List!!) Wow, was I impressed with Paul's willingness to get my job done as quickly as he could. I was under the gun to get the fuse box replaced ASAP or lose the dwelling insurance. Paul even provided me with documentation I requested in order to prove to the insurance company that a contractor had been hired and the fuse box was going to be replaced!! This bought me more time with the insurance company before they cancelled my insurance policy. The insurance agent came after the job was done and took photos and said Paul's company did a really nice job. The insurance company did not cancel my policy!!! Paul really explains each step of the process and even gives you a heads up for a potential worst case scenario, which in my case didn't happen. Paul coordinated the inspection with the City and Con Ed. He informed me and the surrounding residents that the power would be temporarily off when his crew swapped electrical boxes. He sent me regular updates, he kept me informed of the project's progress, and he sent me a copy of the final City Inspection. He only asked for a partial payment after the new panel was installed. He did not ask for his final payment until the inspection was complete with Con Ed and the City. I felt there was a level of trust between Paul and I that made doing business with him very easy. Paul is very good at communication and giving updates, which I really appreciate. He explains the process at the level you can understand. (This is a comman theme in some of his customer's comments about him.) I would definitely hire Paul's company again
- Mitchell Electric LLCVery well! Joe was the technician who came to my house. He is very friendly, pleasant, and knew exactly what needed to be done. Got right to the job and completed the work efficiently and correctly. He was very knowledgeable so I felt very comfortable with him doing the job. I told him of a couple other things I'd like done and he reported it to the office gal. I hope they send Joe to do the couple of other things I want done
- METRO ELECTRIC INCJob turned out to be much more than expected. Electrician dealt well with the additional problems. Worked steadily and still got the job done in a reasonable time frame. It was good to have an experienced person on the job.
Electricians in Oakland
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.
- Business Description:Spectrum Lighting & Electric LLC has always operated under strong values aimed at exceeding client needs. Our communication channels are always open, our relationship with our clients begins on the first day of contact, and only ends once they’re fully satisfied with our work. When you hire our services, you can count on us for the results you want and need. Get in touch today, and discover the advantage of working with Spectrum Lighting & Electric LLCRecent Review:The owner basically saved the day for me. by bringing this old house up to city inspectors needs.Doug S.
- Business Description:Thrasher services Nebraska, Western Iowa, Central and Western Kansas* and Northeast Missouri, providing foundation repair for settling and wall stabilization, basement waterproofing, concrete lifting and leveling, radon testing & mitigation, crawl space encapsulation, egress window installation and electrical services. At Thrasher, we work every day to challenge the status quo and provide an unparalleled experience for each of our customers. With over 45 years of experience, you can rest easy..Recent Review:We did a lot of research prior to hiring Thrasher and we were not disappointed. Frankly I had been in denial (and fear) about the work I knew we needed done on our Midtown Omaha home because I was so concerned about the cost and impact on our brick Tudor. We had a crack in the brick near our garage and our basement had been leaking for a number of years with hard rains. From the start of the process, Thrasher was outstanding in terms of communication and education about what they do. Before we met with our Systems Design Specialist, Anthony, we had received e-mails and calls to confirm the date, along with a packet of educational materials about home foundations and waterproofing. When Anthony came to our home, he was very professional and performed a full inspection about our concerns. He prepared an estimate and we selected what was best for us following a thorough review of options he presented. The foundation work was completed first in ONE day. The basement waterproofing was completed the next week over a two-day time frame. The workers were very professional and arrived at the time they arranged with us. In regard to the basement waterproofing, we discovered one small issue. They came out immediately to correct this and all has been worked wonderfully since. We are very pleased with their work and commitment to customer service. Highly recommend Thrasher to anyone considering foundation or waterproofing workBruce H.
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computerRecent Review:We hired HelloTech to mount 4 TVs and 2 soundbars and to have a recessed box placed behind one of the TVs so it should be mounted flush. -- The installer came out and mounted the 4 TVs and the 2 soundbars while a house-sitter was here. -- I came home and found that both soundbars were unlevel and 2 of the four TVs were unlevel. And the recessed box wasn't installed. I called them and they told me they didn't have record of me wanting a recessed box installed and that it would be $149 more. Fine. They had their tech come back 2 days later. He came and told us that he COULDN'T install a recessed box, and he left without leveling anything. I sent pictures of all of this to HelloTech. I've sent at least 10 emails and called them 5 times. I wasted $600. I ended up re-mounting 2 of the TVs and the 2 soundbars. (It's good I remounted the soudbars because the anchors that HelloTech installed popped out of the wall.) -- I wrote them multiple times asking only for a 50% refund of what I paid. They ignored my multiple requests, so my only recourse is to give this review. - Nov 202Mac J.
- Business Description:Ken Co Construction is a women owned construction service with 30 years of experience. We offer quality services that will stand the test of time, including new construction and remodeling work for both residential and commercial structures. We are also experienced working with air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and general contracting projects. At Ken Co, we are not only concerned with budgets and schedules; we also take pride in our superior craftsmanship, commitment to excellence a..
- Business Description:Sternquist Garage & Tire, located in Boone, Iowa, has been your complete automotive repair and tire center since 1920. Were proud to say we only sell quality parts and tires with quality service, backed by our personal guarantee. For auto repair, transmissions, brakes, oil changes, tires, and air conditioning needs come see us today! You matter to us! Thats why our customers come back to us and refer us to their friends. Choose us! We are celebrating our 100th year in 2020
- Business Description:Contact our electrical contracting company at (888) 654-6886 in Fort Dodge, IA, to request an estimate for a service upgrade
- Business Description:We're a family owned company that has been in business for more than twenty years. We take pride in doing a quality installation that is done right the first time.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Outdoor kitchens are a great way to use your yard space with your family or entertaining. Here are some tips to keep your outdoor kitchen clean and maintained.
Figure out the cause of your light bulbs burning out too soon. There are several potential causes: the type of bulb you're using, the fixture itself, or your home voltage.
Find Electricians in
Electricians in Oakland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Berg Electric LLC1616 Lomas Circle
- Berg Electric LLC
- Edz Electric2925 Shiras Ave
- Edz Electric
- Frisbie Construction, LLCPO Box 242
- Frisbie Construction, LLC
- IA ElectricPO BOX 694
- IA Electric
- JB Electric L.L.C.195 S Madison St
- JB Electric L.L.C.
- Nemal Electronics12240 NE 14th Ave
North Miami, Florida
- Nemal Electronics