Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Harlan, IA
There are 9 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Harlan
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his entire team are amazing. They made our basement bar and entertainment area dream a reality. We got everything we asked for and more. The attention to detail is second to none. Already making my ‘plans’ for the next project I have for them.
- Pro Handyman ServicesHe is the most complete conscientious person I have ever dealt with . Excellent work and great ideas on trim work and mantle. I loved working with this man , good price and done on time .
- HOME PRIDE CONTRACTORS INCHome pride came out and inspected my roof the day I called. Excellent, customer service. If you need any roofing, siding, or gutters I would highly recommend giving them a call. Call Diego 402-979-4561
- HOME PRIDE CONTRACTORS INCI chose Home Pride Contractors to install a new roof and gutters after a hailstorm last year. They were prompt, professional, and did quality work. The crew uncovered an issue the vent pipe when taking off the old singles. The owner Michelle, immediately came on-site to make sure it was safe to replace that area of the roof. Overall, exceptional customer service. A+ for Home Pride read less
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his team are excellent. We sought and trusted Chuck's input and the work was beautiful. We are extremely satisfied with their work and would definitely use them again!
- HSP Construction IncFacing a near-complete rebuild of our basement room (my man-cave) after some structural and waterproofing work, I wanted to find a company that served as a one-stop shop with experience in big jobs but would treat my small relatively small job as it were just as important. I needed some flooring, framing and drywall and painting. Oh, and maybe some more electrical outlets, because I'm tired of running cords all over the place for the computer, the TV, etc.? And how about running some ethernet cable, too? How about a door to separate the room from the rest of the basement so when the furnace clicks on I don't have to turn up to the TV to hear it? And maybe make it look stylish and up-to-date if we wanted to sell our home someday? All for a reasonable price? And can it be done quickly, I mean, like, fast, because all the stuff in the man-cave is making the rest of the house look cluttered, and it's driving me nuts, and we can't have that! (Oh, while you're at it, can you install a new shower backsplash in the upstairs bathroom? And tear out the old stuff? Oh, there's a sliding glass door and mirror, can you take that out?) And I didn't want the hassle of calling all around town to find people who could do what I wanted done without all the delays. I wanted the convenience of getting all the work from one place. Shrug. Not a lot to ask, right? That's right. That's pretty much the impression I got from Chuck when he came to visit. That's right, the owner of the company came to visit us in person -- TWICE. Once before the structural and waterproof company was done, and then afterward so he could get a better idea of what his crews would be facing. Now, not being an old hand when it came to home remodeling, I pretty much trusted his vision with the final product. He helped me bring out the WOW in what could be this room with some added features I didn't even think about. So Chuck just wanted to upsell me, right? I didn't feel that way. Not when he kept trying to find ways to save money AND make things look amazing. Look, you're going to find a bunch of contractors out there who can claim they can deliver your project 1) on time 2) on budget and 3) by making something unique to what you want. Pick any two, right? Not with HSP. They'll nail all three. Let's add 4) and have patience for a nervous customer who calls the poor office manager asking when the next crew is coming out before the current crew is even finished with their work. That's these folks. They listen, they work with your schedule, and they were definitely patient with me. I'm not saying your man-cave remodel from the cement block walls and slab floor to completion will take just a few weeks as mine did. But I challenge you to find another company that can get tear-down, framing, drywall, flooring (did I mention the vinyl flooring not only looks like stately wood planks and doesn't FEEL like, well, vinyl?) and electric work done as quickly. Oh, yeah, what about that door to block out the furnace roar I mentioned earlier? How about a new painted and stained barn door! That's because having an owner of the company who is just as much an artist as he is a contractor and having everything under one roof helped a LOT. What was I left with when the job was done? A blend between a tech start-up office and a sports bar. Not everything went perfectly well. The drywall crew accidentally busted open a water pipe and ruined a bunch of the ceiling drywall they'd just put in. But character isn't shown when everything goes right; it's when a disaster hits. Were there any delays in the job because of this? No. Any excuses from the crew? Absolutely not. The guys put in some extra hours to make up for the accident and kept the schedule on track. Isn't that what you'd want from a home contractor? If you've gotten this far in this review, you're probably wondering "did HSP pay this guy to make this review"? Nah, they didn't. So let me tell you why I'm writing all this: because I hope your experience in your remodeling is just as great as ours was read less
- HSP Construction IncThe project went very well although we were interrupted by the beginning of Covid-19. There was still a lot of confusion over necessary precautions at that time. I spoke to the owner, Chuck Leo, and he was willing to do whatever would make us comfortable. We ended up delaying the project after it was half completed. This was an inconvenience for them and us but we needed to be extra careful due to some health concerns. They just completed the remodel with the details listed below. It was a tricky project as we had already put in a new floor, shower/tub, and toilet a few years back, so the plan had to work with that. We wanted to save the lovely Italian floor tiles, if possible, but pieces needed to be added. The plan was to remove a linen closet from the hallway outside the bathroom which essentially took up potential valuable bathroom space. We decided gaining "real estate" in the bathroom was well worth losing that hallway closet. That gave us the opportunity to add a double sink with extra counter space. Another challenge was to add double medicine cabinets into the existing wall which was (weirdly) made out of wood. That also made it more complicated to add light sconces between and on the sides of the two cabinets. HSP rose to every challenge. Rose, the office assistant, the lead carpenter, the plumber, the electrician, and the drywallers were professional and quick to respond to any questions we had. Chuck was super helpful in reviewing some of the choices I made, such as the Moen faucets we had installed. I really appreciated having their help in comparing products as they definitely have the expertise. They had me pick out the cabinets and counter material from A1 Kitchen and Bath in Omaha and that worked out beautifully. A1 took the measurements and created a beautiful built-in for us. I took a piece of the tile with me when I first visited and was able to find the perfect match for the countertop and cabinets/drawers. We feel the end product is beautiful and that the look blends in perfectly with the period of the house. The medicine cabinets are shaped like the awning windows and everything just goes together very well. Patrick, the lead carpenter, did a super job fitting the few extra pieces of the Italian tile I had saved to cover the gap where the linen closet had encroached into the bathroom. You would never know what a crazy design had been replaced with this new look that is what should have always been there. It really was a job well done and I would definitely work with HSP again read less
- HSP Construction IncWe hired HSP construction to update our powder room bathroom. We wanted to add insulation, drywall, get rid of a window and laundry shoot, fix flooring, plumbing, and add a bath fan and electrical outlet. HSP was able to do it all. Chuck Leo required us to select and pay for our vanity, toilet, mirrors, towel bar, and accessories. They offered to pick large items up at store if they were held under our name. HSP estimated 2 weeks for the job and that's how long it took. Each day they communicated what they were going to work on, when leaving for lunch or the day. They were clean, polite, professional and answered all our questions. We never saw them wasting time on their cell phones or taking extremely long breaks. We were able to email the office for questions or concerns about anything. I was so thankful that the worker tested the bathroom grab bar after installing. He discovered it damaged the wall and would not hold weight. He went to the store to find a better grab bar that worked perfect. Can't imagine how awful that would have been if myself or our handicap parents would have fallen with that grab bar. The workmanship is nicely done. I would highly recommend HSP for your construction project big or small. We will hire them again read less
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his team are the best! I can not say enough good about the team. They were all very respectful worked was done and they cleaned up after ever days work. At the beginning of the day always did a walk through and discussed with us what was to be completed for that day to make sure color was correct before they started. Also love how they put in their thoughts and did not say what I wanted could not be done. They really know how to think outside the box to get the look that I wanted at a price that I could afford. The finished worked is picture perfect. They are well worth there money! They responded to any questions or concerns promptly. There was no delays which was a big plus because there is no subcontractor they are work for HSP read less
- HSP Construction IncI couldn't be happier with the work Chuck's team did. They are always respectful and professional. My floors are beautiful!
Contractors in Harlan
- Business Description:As an Angie's List "Super Service Award winner" for 12 straight years in a row, Trinity Exteriors, Inc. is an exceptional restoration contractor specializing in roofing, siding, windows and gutters. Licensed with offices in Minnesota - we are proud to have developed a large following of satisfied customers who rely on us to help them, their families and friends with all their exterior renovation needs. We attribute our success and growth over the years to three guiding principles; service, qu.. read lessRecent Review:Amazing. Ted and his team and fast responsive and friendly. They really know their stuff and always shoot it straight. I'd hire them again and again.Joshua Z.
- Business Description:Premier Painting specializes in interior/exterior and commercial painting services with 15 years experience. We offer free estimates, quality and professional services, as well as superior work ethic. Professional references are always available. Call or email us today for any inquiries read lessRecent Review:Did a really awesome job we’re very happy with the job-the guys we’re great, hardworking and went above and beyond to get our project done before the cold season. Highly recommendedLisa M.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:JW Builders does all kinds residential remodeling specializing in kitchen, bathrooms, and basement remodeling. We also offer siding repairs, new window installation & exterior door installs. Established in 2006 with over 22 years of remodeling experience. Over 500 satisfied customers! BBB accredited business and we are now accepting all major credit cards. 10 year warranty on craftsmanship. Please call us today for a free estimate and get your remodeling project started. read lessRecent Review:They were very good and I will recommend them to others.Elzbieta C.
- Business Description:We specialize in residential home remodeIs, including bathrooms, kitchens, basements and other custom remodels. We are BBB accredited and currently only accept check or cash. We always offer free estimates and will come and sit down with you to discuss the estimate before starting a job. Our company is focused on customer satisfaction, we won't be happy until you are happy. We strongly believe in honesty, integrity, quality and punctuality, which means you, the customer won't have to worry, y.. read lessRecent Review:G & K Construction was a great company to work with. Greg, Brian, and Dave were very professional, always on time, and kept us abreast as they progressed through the project. The final product was all we expected, and more. We have already recommended them to family and friends read lessMichael S.
- Business Description:At Home Pride Contractors we strive to exceed our customer’s perception of what quality workmanship is all about. Our success is a result of paying attention to detail and performing at a high level for a fair price. We are a family owned and operated business with years of experience in the home improvement industry with specializations in roofing, siding, windows and gutters. Home Pride has built our reputation around the highest quality of professional service, products and craftsmanship. .. read lessRecent Review:Spoke with Hunter and am looking forward to being in touch with him soon to do my roof!!!Madison L.
- Business Description:We are a small, personalized business which started in 1985; original owner still working for the company. We can build or repair about anything on the interior or exterior of a building. If necessary, we have capable subcontractors for all areas in which we do not work read lessRecent Review:Our project went great, JP Painting did a fantastic job. They were professional, trustworthy and honest. We would recommend 10/10 times.Colin H.
- Business Description:We are a full service locally owned siding and remodeling company located in Omaha for over 35 years. If you need new steel, vinyl, wood or cement board siding installation or your looking for a window replacement contractor or a deck builder or you need roofing repair or replacement due to hail damage Associated Siding & Remodeling is your best choice for all your home improvement needs read lessRecent Review:Another great experience with Associated Siding and Remodeling. We had a hail storm that did damage to our roof and also the downspouts that we just had ASR put on when they did our siding. Our siding was not damaged at all since we had Pat’s crew put on steel siding which is very tough. We might not even have turned in the hail damage but Pat said it would be a good idea to have them look at the roof because of the damage to our deck, downspouts, windows etc. Pat came over when the insurance adjuster was here and the three of us looked at the damage. The adjuster cut us a check that same day and said the roof damage was pretty bad. Carlos and his guys did a wonderful job on the roof. Fast and courteous and also very good with cleanup. It looks great and since they put on impact resistant shingles, out insurance premium is now reduced by 25 percent. We couldn’t be happier read lessThomas P.
- Business Description:Paint It Rite is the leading painting company in the Northwest Missouri Region. We offer superior house painting and staining and all related services to residential, commercial and industrial customers, for either exterior or interior painting needs. We are a fully licensed and insured company, covering general liability and workman's compensation. We use only use top of the line materials utilizing Sherwin Williams, Bear and Benjamin Moore paint read lessRecent Review:Crew did a great job. They listened and completed job as requested.Jerry M.
- Business Description:T & B Wood Creations strives to offer the finest finish work at reasonable rates. Call for a free estimate to see what we can create for you. No job is too small.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Elk Horn
- Missouri Valley
general contractors in Harlan
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Mark of Integrity2317 15th ave no
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- A-hole in the wall10508 U St
- Abell Contracting. LLC5651 Grant Street
- Accessible Innovations5062 S 108th St 150
- ALF Construct LLC24376 Barrus Road
- All American Pro Roofing & Services7147 N 112th Pl
- Allthingshome5012 Parker st
- American Heritage Restoration LLC3380 S Knox Ct
- Archie's Maintenance and Repair3110 state street 17
- Armstrong Construction314 Lantry St
- Associated Siding & Remodeling6384 Ponderosa Dr
- Audino Frank Construction Inc2805 W 4th St
Sioux City, Iowa
- ayars enterprises9191 Ogden St
- A Mark of Integrity
- Bearded Builders2614 S 156th Circle
- Beyond Dreams Construction LLC14301 FNB Parkway 100
- Bob's Home & Business Repair3004 N 76th St
- Born Again Interiors522 Highview drv.
- Botanica Horticulture & Home1308 Atlas St
- Brown Wegher Construction125 Gateway Dr
North Sioux City, South Dakota
- Bearded Builders
- C & K Construction602 N. 4th Ave
- Cabinets By Stac508 W Sheridan Ave
- Camenzind Homes10406 State St.
- CFS Insurance & Notary Services, Inc.3872 State Highway 64 W
- Creative Home Renovations2909 20th Street
Sioux City, Iowa
- Crittenden Design Building Systems207 Iowa Ave
- C & K Construction
- Dave Navarro ConstructionP.O. Box 1268
- Dethlefs Homes, Inc.16306 Elm St
- Dew Right Construction1409 Dorene Blvd
Carter Lake, Iowa
- Donaldson Home Exteriors LLC2008 W Broadway
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Dr. Exteriors & Interiors LLC5612 North 96th Street
- Dudley Brothers Company3576 Dolphin Dr SE Ste B
Iowa City, Iowa
- DW ContractingPO Box 641622
- Dave Navarro Construction
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handyman Joes3706 S 138th St
- Handyman Remodeling22615 Fairview Rd
- Heartland Foundations21305 McClellan cir
- Heritage Painting & Restorations5402 Leavenworth Street (Mail) 4609 Dodge Street (Shop)
- HOME PRIDE CONTRACTORS INC8801 F St
- Home Science Solutions4383 Nicholas Street #302
- Husker Hammer Siding, Windows, & Roofing1406 Veterans Dr
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Interior's By Mike1414 4th Ave
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Interior's By Mike
- J&M Contractors1135 N. H St.
- J.G. Construction5357 N 152nd St
- Jay's Custom Woodwork140 chippewa circle
- JC Construction418 n. 4th St. 8
- Jim's Painting and Papering20105 Binney Circle
- Joshua Bogardus Plumbing & More Inc.13536 County Road 27
- JP Painting1306 S 9th St
- JRS construction129 hunter ave
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Jw Builders Inc8816 Monroe St
- J&M Contractors
- On-Site Property Renovations4803 s 54th street
- On-Site Property Renovations
- Paint It Rite LLCP.O. BOX 2012
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- Palm Services1803 Lincoln Str.
- Pinnacle Builders129 North 38th Avenue
- Premier Painting9510 Park Dr
- Profix Maintenance Company of Greater Omaha11617 Spaulding St
- PrOmaha Handyman/Carpentry Services505 Cornhusker Rd
- Paint It Rite LLC
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Soflin Construction, LLC.11525 Decatur Plaza
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- STRONG1p.o. box 2224
- S.W.E. Construction
- Veteran Landscaping and Home Services1310 S. 166th St
- Veteran Landscaping and Home Services
- Wise construction Improvement LLC922 McLaughlin cir
- Wise construction Improvement LLC
- Young Home Improvement5333 N 45th St
North Omaha, Nebraska
- Young Home Improvement