The cost to rewire a house depends on the house size and effort needed to remove old wiring. Rewiring a house may seem daunting, but it may be vital. Read on to determine all the factors that help to determine the cost to rewire your home.
Get matched with top Electricians in Council Bluffs, IA
There are 22 highly-rated local electricians.
Recent Electrician Reviews in Council Bluffs
- HSP Construction IncHSP remodeled two guest bathrooms, our kitchen, main bathroom and replaced our deck. We were pleased with the experience and thrilled with the results. The crew was respectful of our home, cleaning up after themselves each day and protecting our walls, banisters, furniture, etc. Communication with HSP was timely, thorough and frequent. We knew each day what tasks were to be performed and by which crew members. Although there weren't many, they handled change requests in stride. Chuck and his team are true professionals. Their attention to detail and "can do" attitude makes them such a pleasure to work with read less
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his entire team are amazing. They made our basement bar and entertainment area dream a reality. We got everything we asked for and more. The attention to detail is second to none. Already making my ‘plans’ for the next project I have for them.
- Inkd Out ConstructionVery well. I was given options on the fixtures. He also took out a ceiling fan and replaced it with a new ceiling light.
- Bolte ConstructionBill and his team were outstanding! Everyone who worked on our project was on-time, professional and friendly. Bill clearly outlined the process and set expectations about when the work would be done. He kept us informed about what to expect on a daily basis. We are very pleased with the work performed and would hire Bill again read less
- Bolte ConstructionWork was excellent and above our expectations. We were given an estimate and it was right on target. Workers were very professional and cleaned up after work was finished. I would hire them again.
- HSP Construction IncFacing a near-complete rebuild of our basement room (my man-cave) after some structural and waterproofing work, I wanted to find a company that served as a one-stop shop with experience in big jobs but would treat my small relatively small job as it were just as important. I needed some flooring, framing and drywall and painting. Oh, and maybe some more electrical outlets, because I'm tired of running cords all over the place for the computer, the TV, etc.? And how about running some ethernet cable, too? How about a door to separate the room from the rest of the basement so when the furnace clicks on I don't have to turn up to the TV to hear it? And maybe make it look stylish and up-to-date if we wanted to sell our home someday? All for a reasonable price? And can it be done quickly, I mean, like, fast, because all the stuff in the man-cave is making the rest of the house look cluttered, and it's driving me nuts, and we can't have that! (Oh, while you're at it, can you install a new shower backsplash in the upstairs bathroom? And tear out the old stuff? Oh, there's a sliding glass door and mirror, can you take that out?) And I didn't want the hassle of calling all around town to find people who could do what I wanted done without all the delays. I wanted the convenience of getting all the work from one place. Shrug. Not a lot to ask, right? That's right. That's pretty much the impression I got from Chuck when he came to visit. That's right, the owner of the company came to visit us in person -- TWICE. Once before the structural and waterproof company was done, and then afterward so he could get a better idea of what his crews would be facing. Now, not being an old hand when it came to home remodeling, I pretty much trusted his vision with the final product. He helped me bring out the WOW in what could be this room with some added features I didn't even think about. So Chuck just wanted to upsell me, right? I didn't feel that way. Not when he kept trying to find ways to save money AND make things look amazing. Look, you're going to find a bunch of contractors out there who can claim they can deliver your project 1) on time 2) on budget and 3) by making something unique to what you want. Pick any two, right? Not with HSP. They'll nail all three. Let's add 4) and have patience for a nervous customer who calls the poor office manager asking when the next crew is coming out before the current crew is even finished with their work. That's these folks. They listen, they work with your schedule, and they were definitely patient with me. I'm not saying your man-cave remodel from the cement block walls and slab floor to completion will take just a few weeks as mine did. But I challenge you to find another company that can get tear-down, framing, drywall, flooring (did I mention the vinyl flooring not only looks like stately wood planks and doesn't FEEL like, well, vinyl?) and electric work done as quickly. Oh, yeah, what about that door to block out the furnace roar I mentioned earlier? How about a new painted and stained barn door! That's because having an owner of the company who is just as much an artist as he is a contractor and having everything under one roof helped a LOT. What was I left with when the job was done? A blend between a tech start-up office and a sports bar. Not everything went perfectly well. The drywall crew accidentally busted open a water pipe and ruined a bunch of the ceiling drywall they'd just put in. But character isn't shown when everything goes right; it's when a disaster hits. Were there any delays in the job because of this? No. Any excuses from the crew? Absolutely not. The guys put in some extra hours to make up for the accident and kept the schedule on track. Isn't that what you'd want from a home contractor? If you've gotten this far in this review, you're probably wondering "did HSP pay this guy to make this review"? Nah, they didn't. So let me tell you why I'm writing all this: because I hope your experience in your remodeling is just as great as ours was read less
- HSP Construction IncThe project went very well although we were interrupted by the beginning of Covid-19. There was still a lot of confusion over necessary precautions at that time. I spoke to the owner, Chuck Leo, and he was willing to do whatever would make us comfortable. We ended up delaying the project after it was half completed. This was an inconvenience for them and us but we needed to be extra careful due to some health concerns. They just completed the remodel with the details listed below. It was a tricky project as we had already put in a new floor, shower/tub, and toilet a few years back, so the plan had to work with that. We wanted to save the lovely Italian floor tiles, if possible, but pieces needed to be added. The plan was to remove a linen closet from the hallway outside the bathroom which essentially took up potential valuable bathroom space. We decided gaining "real estate" in the bathroom was well worth losing that hallway closet. That gave us the opportunity to add a double sink with extra counter space. Another challenge was to add double medicine cabinets into the existing wall which was (weirdly) made out of wood. That also made it more complicated to add light sconces between and on the sides of the two cabinets. HSP rose to every challenge. Rose, the office assistant, the lead carpenter, the plumber, the electrician, and the drywallers were professional and quick to respond to any questions we had. Chuck was super helpful in reviewing some of the choices I made, such as the Moen faucets we had installed. I really appreciated having their help in comparing products as they definitely have the expertise. They had me pick out the cabinets and counter material from A1 Kitchen and Bath in Omaha and that worked out beautifully. A1 took the measurements and created a beautiful built-in for us. I took a piece of the tile with me when I first visited and was able to find the perfect match for the countertop and cabinets/drawers. We feel the end product is beautiful and that the look blends in perfectly with the period of the house. The medicine cabinets are shaped like the awning windows and everything just goes together very well. Patrick, the lead carpenter, did a super job fitting the few extra pieces of the Italian tile I had saved to cover the gap where the linen closet had encroached into the bathroom. You would never know what a crazy design had been replaced with this new look that is what should have always been there. It really was a job well done and I would definitely work with HSP again read less
- HSP Construction IncWe hired HSP construction to update our powder room bathroom. We wanted to add insulation, drywall, get rid of a window and laundry shoot, fix flooring, plumbing, and add a bath fan and electrical outlet. HSP was able to do it all. Chuck Leo required us to select and pay for our vanity, toilet, mirrors, towel bar, and accessories. They offered to pick large items up at store if they were held under our name. HSP estimated 2 weeks for the job and that's how long it took. Each day they communicated what they were going to work on, when leaving for lunch or the day. They were clean, polite, professional and answered all our questions. We never saw them wasting time on their cell phones or taking extremely long breaks. We were able to email the office for questions or concerns about anything. I was so thankful that the worker tested the bathroom grab bar after installing. He discovered it damaged the wall and would not hold weight. He went to the store to find a better grab bar that worked perfect. Can't imagine how awful that would have been if myself or our handicap parents would have fallen with that grab bar. The workmanship is nicely done. I would highly recommend HSP for your construction project big or small. We will hire them again read less
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his team are the best! I can not say enough good about the team. They were all very respectful worked was done and they cleaned up after ever days work. At the beginning of the day always did a walk through and discussed with us what was to be completed for that day to make sure color was correct before they started. Also love how they put in their thoughts and did not say what I wanted could not be done. They really know how to think outside the box to get the look that I wanted at a price that I could afford. The finished worked is picture perfect. They are well worth there money! They responded to any questions or concerns promptly. There was no delays which was a big plus because there is no subcontractor they are work for HSP read less
- Universal Electric IncJob was scheduled and performed like we discussed the worker's were punctual and very polite. They made sure I new what was happening and how long my power would be expected to be off. The workers labeled the panel and cleaned up as if they were never there. Was very impressed with there workmanship and there respect for my home read less
Electricians in Council Bluffs
- Business Description:UNIVERSAL ELECTRIC MIDWEST specializes in Home, Business, Retail, and Commercial mixed use properties. Universal Electric has been serving Omaha and Council Bluffs for over 10 years, delivering personalized attention and unmatched customer satisfaction read lessRecent Review:Two bathroom fans, two guys, $1800 later. Beware of their shopping trips and supply bill. Probably cost me $500 for their time on 3 trips. One before and two during job. Several requests but never received a detailed list of supplies or time read lessMichael H.
- Business Description:Welcome to HSP Construction! Located in Omaha, Nebraska. We specialize in bath, kitchen and basement remodels/renovations. HSP prides ourselves in great work at a competitive price. Our staff includes, experienced drywaller, tile setter, painter and carpenters. Owned and operated since 2012 (previously Handyman Service Professionals), HSP Construction provides service with excellence! read lessRecent Review:HSP remodeled two guest bathrooms, our kitchen, main bathroom and replaced our deck. We were pleased with the experience and thrilled with the results. The crew was respectful of our home, cleaning up after themselves each day and protecting our walls, banisters, furniture, etc. Communication with HSP was timely, thorough and frequent. We knew each day what tasks were to be performed and by which crew members. Although there weren't many, they handled change requests in stride. Chuck and his team are true professionals. Their attention to detail and "can do" attitude makes them such a pleasure to work with read lessAmy B.
- Business Description:A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical was established in 1975. In 1981, Ray Barr, Tom Brummett and Stan Gregory purchased the company with the ambition to become one of the leading heating and air conditioning companies in Omaha. After starting business with only one install technician and one service technician, their dream has been realized after growing into a company with a staff of over 100 people and branching out into all areas of the HVAC business. In 2007 Tom Brummett, retired after 2.. read lessRecent Review:They handle scheduling on services at my rental properties. Great with remindersMichelle E.
- Business Description:JW Builders does all kinds residential remodeling specializing in kitchen, bathrooms, and basement remodeling. We also offer siding repairs, new window installation & exterior door installs. Established in 2006 with over 22 years of remodeling experience. Over 500 satisfied customers! BBB accredited business and we are now accepting all major credit cards. 10 year warranty on craftsmanship. Please call us today for a free estimate and get your remodeling project started. read lessRecent Review:They were very good and I will recommend them to others.Elzbieta C.
- Business Description:Super Service Award Winner for 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017. River City Heating & Cooling has been in business 37 years. The oldest TRANE Comfort Specialist and Factory-Authorized TRANE Dealer in the Omaha area. Family owned and operated with 22-25 employees. Full service company: Sales, Service and Installation (Residential and Light Commercial). Fully insured for $1,000,000. A+ Rating with the BBB. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee with our No Surprises, Comfort and Firm Price Guarantee. All e.. read lessRecent Review:Another company wanting to take your money before earning the job. I have an HVAC system that needs repairs and want to get quotes from several different HVAC companies. These guys are your typical contractor that what is important is their $89 service fee, non-refundale if they don't get the job. Advice run don't walk away from this "company". They are just out to make a buck. NO customer service. I will also submit a BBB review. Angie's list should do a better job screening companies read lessCory H.
- Business Description:Hiller Electric has been serving the metro since 1964. We offer all methods of payments. We also offer free residential estimates.Recent Review:Scott came to my house on time and provided me with a quote the following day. The technician Shawn arrived on time as scheduled and resolved all of the job quoted needs. He discovered one other issue and stayed longer to resolve that issue. They charged me an extra $40 and I am overall very happy with the professionalism and quality of work read lessJason R.
- Business Description:Our guys follow one ethical value above all others: any job worth doing, is worth doing right. We are a family owned and operated company that supports our community. With over 35+ years of experience in various construction and fabrication methods, we have come together as a cohesive unit so that we can use our skills and expertise to assist your family from your vision to completed project. Call or message us for your project estimate. We look forward to working with you read lessRecent Review:I was satisfied with his work. He was very versatile and do all kind of stuff.Petrea C.
- Business Description:Spectrum Lighting & Electric LLC has always operated under strong values aimed at exceeding client needs. Our communication channels are always open, our relationship with our clients begins on the first day of contact, and only ends once they’re fully satisfied with our work. When you hire our services, you can count on us for the results you want and need. Get in touch today, and discover the advantage of working with Spectrum Lighting & Electric LLC read lessRecent Review:The owner basically saved the day for me. by bringing this old house up to city inspectors needs.Doug S.
- Business Description:Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org.Recent Review:Mark did a fantastic job! He was punctual and worked diligently. He was quite professional about his job too. He was very reasonable in price. I would recommend him to others.Melissa H.
- Business Description:Tile, Stone, and Glass installation. Additional DBA: Master Bath Specialists.Recent Review:The best experience we have had with remodels, we have done several such projects in past homes. Everything was done extremely well and there were no hidden costs. Keith was on top of all aspects of project including many different vendors and kept us well informed during all steps. All vendors involved were top shelf and thorough. We will only consider Keith for any future remodel needs read lessJewel K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Outlet placement is an important part of any room’s design. A poor electrical outlet layout can make simple tasks frustrating and less enjoyable. Learn seven essential spots to install outlets in your home, which rooms need GFCi outlets, and more.
Running electricity to a detached garage or shed brings life to new areas of your home. If you’re building a workspace or a loft, you could even see a return on your investment by making that space livable or useful. This cost guide breaks it all down.
Find Electricians in
- Carter Lake
- La Vista
- Boys Town
- Fort Calhoun
- Cedar Creek
- Missouri Valley
Electricians in Council Bluffs
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A B C ELECTRIC INC21855 MCPHERSON AVE
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical4972 F St
- Accessible Innovations5062 S 108th St 150
- ACM Heating Cooling and Electrical LLC513 North 27th Street
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Advanced Electrical Services4146 S 89th St Ste 201
- Affordable Contracting & Handyman202 W North St
- Affordable Fans - The Fan Doctor9 Gumpas Hill Rd
Pelham, New Hampshire
- Aksarben ARS7070 S 108th St
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- Amped Electric139 Brentwood Hgts.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Ample Electric15939 Martha Cir
West Omaha, Nebraska
- A B C ELECTRIC INC
- B Handy7403 Nina St Ste #207
- BELLEVUE VACUUMS2245 FRANKLIN ST
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing14302 C Cir
- Bob's Home & Business Repair3004 N 76th St
- Boyle Electric3008 Paddock Rd Suite 11C
- Brase Electrical Contracting Corp.4430 South 108th Street
- Bruce Kutler Electric9465 Jones Cir
- Burton A/C Heating Plumbing & More5010 F St
- B Handy
- Carlson Restoration Inc8626 I St
- Certified Electric Solutions17463 I Street
- CFS Insurance & Notary Services, Inc.3872 State Highway 64 W
- Chase Electric15613 redwood st
- Cherek's Home Repair10224 Weir St
- Classic Contractorsp.o. Box 245
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc1532 NE 96th St Ste A
- Concept Electric Company Inc14502 Grover St.
- Cornhusker Custom Construction 4002 Pacific St
- Crabtree CarpentryPO Box 462
Wilmington, North Carolina
- Crescendo Home Theater Inc9742 Ascot Dr
- Crossroads ElectricP.O. Box 991
- Crusader Construction Company623 S 9th St
- CTE ELECTRIC7914 W DODGE RD
- Cummins Central Power10088 S. 136th Street
- Carlson Restoration Inc
- D C ELECTRICPO Box 544
- D/C ELECTRIC503 N 1ST ST
Missouri Valley, Iowa
- Danju Home Service5251 S 50th St
- David's Electric1651 N 42nd Street
- Delta Electric872 Little Salt Rd
- Dennis Electric8705 Franklin St
- Doctor Fix It OmahaP.O. Box 30167
- Douglas Renovations
- Du-Rite Electric115 S 204th St
- Durhams Home Improvements3217 Avenue I
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- D C ELECTRIC
- Frosty Effects Construction2025 A St
- Frosty Effects Construction
- G & K Construction LLC18709 Josephine St
- GARY ROBERTS ELECTRIC CO1110 S SADDLE CREEK RD
- Geek Squad - Best Buy3115 Manawa Centre Dr
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- GREAT ELECTRIC2010 Q St
- GREEN RENOVATIONSP.O. Box 305
- GREG PETERSON13524 OAK ST
- GUARDIAN ELECTRIC4140 S 89th St # 200
- G & K Construction LLC
- Haldeman Corporation - HCRemodel & Design11811 I St
- Handyman Joes3706 S 138th St
- Handyman Remodeling22615 Fairview Rd
- HILLER ELECTRIC5404 DAYTON ST
- Holidynamics10048 Scott Circle
- HSP Construction Inc5762 S 77th St
- Haldeman Corporation - HCRemodel & Design
- Inkd Out Construction1616 Lake St
- Inkd Out Construction
- Keith Carlson Tile Installation12717 Cryer Ave
- Keith Carlson Tile Installation
- McCarthys One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning14302 C Cir
- McKay Landscape Lighting11440 S 146TH St.
- Metro Electric Company of Omaha4449 S. 134th St
- Midwest Electrical Contractors13401 S 38th Circle
- Miller Electric Co2501 Saint Marys Ave
- Mister Sparky14302 C Cir
- MOBIEHL ELECTRIC7711 Braun Ave
La Vista, Nebraska
- Moore Services1211 Applewood Dr. Ste. 3
- MYERS ELECTRIC COMPANY INCORPORATED7342 FARNAM ST
- McCarthys One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning
- Payne Electric5907 So 190th Terrace
- Power CrewP.O. Box 540393
- Powers Electric LLC5324 south 104th avenue
- PowerTech2614 Railroad Hwy
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Precision Lighting & ElectricP.O. Box 167
- Premier Business & Home Services9908 Weir Plz # 3
- Pro Electric1130 Wilroy
- Payne Electric