Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in Brookfield, WI
There are 11 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Brookfield
- Associates Septic Services Inc.Associates Septic was great to work with! They came out shortly after I contacted them to inform them that I needed a soil test. Logan did the testing and was great to work with and did a wonderful job. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs a soil test or any other services they provide.
- HERR CONTRUCTION INCI was impressed by the professionalism, transparency and thoroughness of the entire HERR team. From Todd's first trip out to our home to look over the project we felt we were in the best of hands. We did not even look for additional bids. Todd reviewed best case and worst case scenarios given our home and lot size, as well as a pricing spectrum based on our soil samples. As promised, Herr did not pester us to make a decision, but rather waited until we had what we needed in place to begin. Once we decided to move forward everything went as well as we could have expected. Todd sent us a detailed estimate and answered every question I had. Prior to the install Todd came out to the house to meet with the plumber doing the interior work so that everyone was on the same page. After the tank was installed we received a booklet of information including basic maintenance as well as diagrams of the placement of the tank and leech bed for our reference. We plan on calling Herr for our future septic tank maintenance and recommend their website for anyone even considering septic work to be done
- Fred's Sanitary ServicesFred's was professional and their office manager, Angie, was on top of everything, including following up with me and letting me know that they did in fact leave a message for my client (I am a realtor who recommended them for a home sale well/septic inspection prior to closing). They offer a bundled rate for performing these 2 tests simultaneously. Very happy with the servicing and handling of this transaction
- Jon Debelak Plumbing & Heating IncHe gave me good pointers and suggested I talk to a septic person and get my tank pumped and scoped. Which I did. He was very prompt in his messaging and calling.
- Jon Debelak Plumbing & Heating IncMy house is nearly 50 years old and had all galvanized water pipes. I was experiencing problems with rust and an increasing number of pin hole leaks that I was fixing with pipe clamps. The last leak caused a considerable mess and cleanup effort, prompting me to get bids for re-plumbing the whole house. I went to Angie's List and request 3 proposals. Jon DeBelak plumbing was the best price and Dave Sauer, the estimator, was very professional and helpful explaining the "what and why" for certain repair parameters. Dave tested the water during his estimate and determined I did NOT need an iron filter. Dave Sauer and another plumber named Dave did the actual replacement and repair work. They started the job on A Monday. They worked daily from 7:30 to 4:00 and finished at noon on Thursday. They cleaned up and hauled away all used materials leaving my house like new, at least from a plumbing standpoint. I doubt that I will ever need a plumber again but if I do, Jon DeBelak will be my first call
- Jon Debelak Plumbing & Heating IncI have used this company many times for odd jobs in electrical work. They have responded quickly and professionally, and have always delivered exceptional service at a fair price. I HIGHLY recommend them.
- Area Septic InstallationWe learned that we needed a new holding tank installed with just 2 weeks to go until we closed on our house we were selling. We were moving out of state and also had a house to close on there that we were in danger of losing. Andy made our project a priority so we could close on time. The most excellent customer service ever! All workers were very polite and did a great job! The project was completed and we will be moving on time! My wife and I can't even begin to express how grateful we are to Andy! Seriously he has been a life-saver!! Highly recommend
- Associates Septic Services Inc.This went very well. The service was scheduled about one week in advance. The company called me the day before their visit to specify the time window during which they would arrive. They arrived when they said they would. The tank was inspected and found to need pumping, as expected. I had a number of questions during the process and all were answered in a friendly, professional manner. The work was finished promptly, despite a fairly steady rain. I was able to pay with a credit card, which I appreciated. This was the first time I used this company, having used another local company for this work dating back many years. I was happy with their work, and I saved some money relative to what the other company would normally charge. I also got a $10 discount based on a postcard I received from the company. I would definitely use this company again
- Stanley Walters Septic PumpingVery pleased - originally, thinking I just had a blockage I had called for a routine pumping. But when I didn't find the blockage that I was expecting, I had to call back for an 'emergency' pump out. They were here 1st thing this morning. And while they couldn't be 100% sure, it is quite likely the problem is simply too much rain. We've used Stanley Walters for over 25 years - has always been reliable and when you have a private septic system a reliable septic service is well worth it
- Kons Septic Service IncKons is a very friendly, service oriented company. We have used them for the last 7 years to service our septic system. They have always been very responsive when I have called to have our septic holding tanks pumped. The office keeps notes for every account and makes sure to respect the owners' wishes. The service has been fast, honest, very affordable, and unfailingly honest. I would definitely hire them again
Last update on September 13, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Brookfield, WI
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Find septic tank services in
- Elm Grove,
- New Berlin,
- Menomonee Falls,
- West Allis,
- West Milwaukee,
- Brown Deer,
- River Hills,
- Hales Corners,
- Whitefish Bay,
Septic Tank Contractors in Brookfield, WI
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A JACKS INC4745 SHASTA DR
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045
- A JACKS INC
- E & R Heating & Cooling8561 Ventana Dr Unit 4512
Oak Creek, Wisconsin 53154
- E & R Heating & Cooling
- Flat Rate Plumbing Inc12900 W National Ave
New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151
- Flat Rate Plumbing Inc
- Midwest PlumbingW246S3150 Industrial Ln
Waukesha, Wisconsin 53189
- Midwest Plumbing
- Northern Mechanicals LLC15017 Plank Rd
Union Grove, Wisconsin 53182
- Northern Mechanicals LLC
- O'Leary Plumbing & Heating Inc2720 Buell Dr
EAST TROY, Wisconsin 53120
- O'Leary Plumbing & Heating Inc
- PRO SERV PLUMBING HEATING COOLING11830 W Ripley Ave
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226
- PRO SERV PLUMBING HEATING COOLING
- The American PlumberPO Box 70680
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207
- The American Plumber
- United Septic & Drain Services, Inc.715 Morgan St
Clyman, Wisconsin 53016
- United Septic & Drain Services, Inc.
Septic tank companies that service Brookfield
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.