Devlin Plumbing Service

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2009

3350 Phillis Blvd Unit 103

Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Need a plumber? Call Devlin Plumbing Service in Myrtle Beach, SC when you need plumbing repair services. We have been Myrtle Beach's local plumber since 2005. In 2018, the Zaffuto family purchased Devlin Plumbing Service in Myrtle Beach, SC and still operate the business today. We are a full-service plumbing company, providing excavation and leak detection services as well. Whether you're experiencing a cold shower, broken toilet, or something as simple as a leaky faucet, Devlin Plumbing Service can help you get it fixed fast. Our uniformed, badged, licensed and insured plumbers will fix your toilets, sinks, showers, water & drain lines, water heaters, and pumps. Devlin's expert plumbers are standing by to handle all your plumbing needs!...

12/01/2018

Bruce A.

Devlin plumbing showed up on time. Walked thru accessed the job to be done ask 3 times what was above the door that was leaking. Said I needed new faucet in bathtub for leak downstairs and drain could be clogged. He said he would have to get a ladder and access to the attic to know what was going on there. My husband asked him if he has to come back tomorrow would we be charged another service call fee? He said “well I haven’t charged you anything yet”! A simple yes or no would have been fine! EST to rebuild faucet was $425. And $600. To replace it plus labor and not sure if the drain needed to be replaced or not. Called Devlins another time for the same leak and was told it was the toilet causing the leak. Replace the seal and collar charged $600 and leak below the tub was still there. Never will use this co again. Devlin Plumbing has been sold to Rotor Rooter!! Did not use their service! Call another company they can out and replace the tub faucets and repaired the drain all for $700. Sending someone to come out on Monday to patch hole in sheet rock!

Description of Work
Water leaking in upstairs bathroom also leaking thru door Jam in upstairs bathroom.

Category plumbing

This review is not from a Devlin Plumbing customer and these prices do not reflect our cost structure. We have never done work for [Member Name Removed] or any customer with the last name [Member Name Removed]. Our service area does not include Mt. Pleasant, SC, as this is two hours from our office, one way. Devlin Plumbing is not and cannot be owned by Roto-Rooter, it is owned by Mike & Abby Zaffuto.

10/19/2018

Lynn N.

They were able to schedule same day service and provided a courtesy call when John was on his way. He arrived promptly, informed me of the price up front and got right to work. Very professional- will definitely call him again!

Description of Work
We had a new faucet installed

Category plumbing

Great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other members! We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

02/18/2018

Inge P.

Delvin Plumbing was on time and they worked me into their schedule within 2 hours of my call. Outside shower waterline did get capped which was the best fix for my situation I will call them again, without hesitation Thank you again

Description of Work
Water leak-Extremely cold for state

Category plumbing

Thank you for your business!

12/11/2017

Sandy D.

Excellent! Kept me informed and gave me the cost of the repairs prior to proceeding.

Description of Work
Urgent repair of blocked main sewer line. In addition, the plumber addressed issues with two toilets that were not level on the tile floor.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Great to hear we were able to resolve that sewer issue. Thank you for your business!

11/29/2017

alice M.

Devlin showed up same day as promised and on time. Replaced our water heater, cleaned up and was done within 90 minutes. The plumber was friendly and informative. Devlin is our "go-to" for all plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for making us your go-to plumber! We appreciate it.

11/15/2017

Elaine M.

John explained problems and solutions carefully. He made the needed repairs professionally and was always courteous.

Description of Work
Faucet repair

Category plumbing

Thanks so much, [Member Name Removed]! We are here if you need us.

11/07/2017

Charlie B.

They did an excellent job. It was also under budget.

Description of Work
Replaced stand up shower and converted tub shower combo to walk-in shower.

Category plumbing

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]!

09/12/2017

Cary W.

They came on time and finished quickly.

Description of Work
My water pipe going into the house developed a serious leak. They replaced the busted part.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to review us :-)

09/01/2017

HARRY M.

Tech showed as promised determined issue and effected repairs within about 1 1/2 hr

Description of Work
Leak on water lines to washer. new valves needed. replaced both valves

08/02/2017

Marylyn B.

Very well. workman was efficient and professional.

Description of Work
Removed old leaking hot water heater & replace with a new hot water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thanks so much! We are here if you need us :-)

05/18/2017

Sheila B.

The technician was very professional and explained why the cost was far greater than I anticipated and he did explain this before I gave him the go ahead to complete the work. He and a helper arrived on time and I was happy with the work. The only reason I gave less than an A rating for quality was because they did leave a bit of a mess behind that my husband and I cleaned.

Description of Work
I own a condo in a very old building and needed shut-off valves installed for the bathtub. Doing so required that water be turned off to the entire building while the work was performed. The tub/shower fixtures also had to be replaced.

Category plumbing

Thanks so much for the great review Mrs. [Member Name Removed]! It is our company policy to "clean up like we were never there." There will be $50 deducted from your next call that you book with us. Just mention this response and it will be taken care of. Thanks so much for choosing us! Sincerely, Chris Devlin

05/14/2017

Kathryn T.

Came two hrs late,took pic would be back in touch. Never called if he didn't want to do the work should of said it,

Description of Work
Nothing

Category plumbing

Dear Mrs. [Member Name Removed], As the owner of Devlin Plumbing Service I take full responsibility for this terrible oversight. It was my job to email you the price of the job and I dropped the ball. Office tasks get overwhelming at times when you spend most of the time in the field making sure that ongoing jobs are done on time and correctly. We did want this job and I am very sorry for letting you down. Please contact me so I can figure out a way to make it up to you. Sincerely, Chris Devlin

05/13/2017

Andrea H.

Very professional job done, they were able to come out quickly. Would definitely do business with again.

Description of Work
New toilet

Category plumbing

Thanks so much, [Member Name Removed]!

05/03/2017

Kileen L.

John M. came the day after I called. He was very friendly, efficient & punctual. Always a good experience with Devlin Plumbing.

Description of Work
I wanted a new garbage disposal installed.

04/12/2017

Mary T.

A "master plumber" arrived, looked over the water heater & said it was shot and would need to be either replaced or rebuilt. Then he briefly looked into the crawl space and said "well there must be a clogg in the pipes somewhere under the house & they will have to be replaced too". He took a few pictures then told us someone would get back to us with an estimate on the work. 4 days later, with still no hot water & two small babies, i had yet to hear anything so I called another plumber. Come to find out there was a major leak under the house & the only thing wrong with the hot water heater was the lines were in backwards. Wich their "master plumber" didn't realize dispite looking over the HW heater for nearly 10 mins. Almost a month later & I never did get a call back from them regarding an estimate or anything, I did however recive a lovely $350.00 water bill for the leak the "master plumber" never found. I will never use or reccomended this company again.

Description of Work
Had no hot water comming out of the hot water side of the faucet only. Cold side worked fine.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for bringing this to our attention and allowing us to make it right. We truly appreciate your business.

03/29/2017

Karen T.

I really liked the service. I will use them again.

Description of Work
The original work was repairing a leaky faucet and toilet. This was a return visit because the leaky toilet leaked again about a week later. The plumbers were great. They corrected the problem at no charge.

03/24/2017

Leo G.

Great ! John G,the technician, was excellent, So was the quality of work

Description of Work
Replace Toilet

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed] is a treasure and so are you for taking the time to review him! We are here if you need us :-)

03/08/2017

Richard H.

Daryl S was the tech that performed the service. He knew what he was doing and quickly went to work drain the water heater. He showed me the sediment that was flushed from the tank. The work was done in a timely manner and everything went well. Very reasonable price for the service.

Description of Work
Flush a water heater to remove sediment at the bottom of the tank.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Both Daryl and I are so happy you took time out of your day to review our company. Thanks!

02/03/2017

Kileen L.

John & his helper were friendly, fast & efficient. Appreciate your help getting this fixed so swiftly. Now the bathroom really is complete & I'm thrilled.

Description of Work
Had just done some work in our bathroom. Was putting it all together & dropped something in my sink. Noticed a little later I had cracked the sink. So disappointed after thinking I was done all the work in the bathroom. Had to get sink fixed now so called Devlin Plumbing. Chris came out right away to assess the situation. Called me the next day with a price & sent John & a helper to replace the sink that afternoon.

Category plumbing

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate you and your loyalty so much :-)

01/25/2017

MARGARET & PAUL M.

The company came, within hours of my call, took out the garbage disposal and got it to work. They didn't charge for unclogging the drain because it could be unclogged while the disposal was out. I'm an absentee landlord and they could have told me I needed a new disposal and the drain needed massive unclogging. They were very honest and didn't. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
I was told the garbage disposal needed to be replaced and drain unclogged.

Category plumbing

Thanks so much for your review and thank you for recognizing our desire to be an honest contractor. We are here if you need us :-)

08/14/2016

Charlene S.

I have previously given Devlin an A+ review and am giving them another one. This review is a tad late as work was done July 20. As we were finishing packing and getting ready to leave our townhome a few hours later for a week away we noticed that our hot water heater had broken and water was all over our closet. We called Devlin and said could they help as a real emergency as on our way out of town. They had someone here in about an hour to look at the situation and confirm new water heater needed. We again explained we were on our way out of town and they said, no problem, had a hot water heater here in another hour or so and installed about an hour later. All in all was about a total of 4-5 hours from call to finish of job. Basically we got on the road only about an hour later than anticipated. A big shout out to Chris H. and his team as they went above and beyond to do the work and then some. Never fun to have a major repair expense but Devlin is dependable and their techs are pleasant and get the job done in a very efficient way. They guarantee and warranty their work. As for price, to be honest I really have no comparison as it was an emergency. That to me says it all. Because of my previous business dealings with them I believe their pricing is fair and reasonable.

Description of Work
Replacement of hot water heater

07/26/2016

Kaye B.

ok, some old pipes had to be replaced. plumber was supposed to call with price before doing work according to company policy, but forgot. When Mr. Devlin found out, he gave me a discount. When my credit card was run it was charged for the original amount. A phone call was all it took for a credit to go on my card.

Description of Work
fix a leak under sinkgave me a di

06/16/2016

Charlene S.

After doing research on Angie's list decided on this provider. First time I called them. I called in the morning and they said they would be at my home between 1-3 pm. This was not an emergency call and this time frame was just about 3 hours from my call. The tech Mike J. arrived at about 1. He immediately identified my problem and said I needed a new garbage disposal. Had one on his truck and was able to install immediately. All was done in about an hour. Mike is coming back tomorrow to install a new comfort height toilet for us. Very happy with Devlin. They are prompt, efficient, courteous and very friendly. Mike was just great. Also Devlin offered some good coupon values which makes their reasonable rates even more reasonable. Happy I found them.

Description of Work
installed new garbage disposal

04/29/2016

Jane Carlson and Charles Reynolds C.

Came and gave an estimate and job was done 2 days later. Did everything we needed to have done plus one extra item that we added last minute. We had them do other work in the past, including replacing water heater. Always on time and always professional.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous plumbing, shutoffs and valves.

03/07/2016

Martin R.

They arrived on time and started to work quickly. They removed the shoddy work that had been done years before by a contractor who used to be a building inspector in North Myrtle Beach. They went the extra ten miles by replacing rotting wood under the floor as well as getting under the house in the crawl space to level the whole thing out. They took many pictures showing the poor work that was done before. I could not believe my eyes when I was standing there and saw what was under the shower. They took the time to do it right and Chris Devlin came in and did the re-tiling himself. It was marble tiling which made it even more difficult. they did a follow back check to make sure it was all in working order. I would recommend Devlin Plumbing to everyone and anyone who needs the job done right. They stand 100% behind their work Their careful, friendly professional attitude and service is a credit to them

Description of Work
Fixed and replaced walk in shower. Replaced the pan and re-tiled stall as well as replaced sliding glass door to the shower. totally repair the work done by a previous contractor who did not do a good job at all. Chris and his team did a great job!

Category plumbing

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! You made it a great experience for us.