Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Plain City, OH
There are 68 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Plain City
- Ohio Exteriors LLCRoofs were replaced on our large two story Georgian house and detached garage. A flat section on the house (a connector) had been previously replaced by another firm and was not replaced by Ohio. That other firm was not selected to do the work because of Ohio’s great responsiveness and knowledge shown in the quoting process. Ohio was priced slightly lower than that firm, but not the lowest among the three bidders. It all came down to trust. Ohio even ran our shingle selection through the approval process with our architectural review committee and got them approved for us. The shingles were on par with the quality of those already approved, but we’re less expensive. On the actual roof replacement, there were minor challenges with the dormer trim from the replacement work, which Ohio came back out and fixed within a couple of days. About a year later, there were some major wind challenges that blew off a couple of shingles on the vents and an animal pulled back some flashing to try to get into the attic, neither of which I would blame Ohio for. Ohio made those two separate trips out to fix those problems the next business day, even when the problem was not a roof replacement problem. I was impressed! Overall, we have been very pleased with our selection of Ohio Exteriors to replace our roof. We would definitely use them again and refer them to others. Thanks, Ohio Exteriors for a job well done
- A-1 Quality CarpentryIt went very well! Jeff was awesome to work with, responsive and super professional. The work was done faster than I anticipated. The deck looks and feels GREAT. I would recommend to anyone.
- Buckeye House PaintingWe had a GREAT experience with Buckeye House Painting. Katie and Bob were always responsive to our queries, always on time and efficient, and super helpful with color selection. Dulce and her excellent team of painters were true professionals and very skilled at their craft. Every part of this experience was what I would expect from a high-end service provider except the cost, which was very reasonable
- A-1 Quality CarpentryThe project was finished on time as mentioned in the contract and within the quote provided. Mr. Prude was professional and deck work was of high quality. He obtained the required the city permit and scheduled the inspection right after the completion of work. I would hire him again. Thank you.
- Honey Do Home Improvements LLCFred and his brother are great. They are always on time. We are very pleased with their work. They incorporated some of their ideas to make things look nicer. We would use them again.
- A-1 Quality CarpentrySo glad I found Jeff Prude with A-1 Quality Carpentry. Truly A-1 quality and service. Awesome guy and does great work with attention to detail! He listened, addressed concerns, and made sure nothing was forgotten. Very good spirited guy. Showed up when he said he would. Everything went smooth even after I needed to make a couple of changes to the original plans. Good communication too. He follows up and doesn't seem to skip a beat. My deck turned out even better than I imagined! I am 110% satisfied with the deck and quality of work. I highly recommend him and his company!
- Midwest MasonryThe job as always was very well done. The patio is amazing in the backyard of our new home. Max also did the work on the addition garage we had built. The floor and driveway extension. We have used Midwest before and will continue. We had a driveway, sidewalk, and aggegate patio poured at our old home, and were very happy with it as well. Max has always been fair, timely, and professional. He does exactly what he says he will, and makes suggestions if asked to improve the project. He and Darnell work their a**es off. Most of this years work was performed during the extreme heat, but they never slowed down. Anyone would be smart to hire this company. Daniel & Melissa Maso
- Mr. Handyman of West ColumbusFantastic!!! Sean Turner did the best job I could have hoped for. He cleaned the gutter and the downspout. Also reinstalled dislodged gutter guards and cleaned off the entire patio canopy. He is a great communicator; in that he informed me of every step of the process as he went. Took time to explain everything in "layman's terms" to this elderly lady client. I would hire Sean again in a heartbeat -- he is a fantastic individual. He was punctual and went right to work upon arrival
- MJH Construction LLCMyron was very responsive during a time when it has impossible to get help. I had an emergency situation where he coordinated with my plumbers to fix a problem that was causing off gassing, foul smell. He was on time, very professional & cleaned up well afterwards being sure to vacuum up all additional wood shards left on the floor. He was very pleasant to work with in a different situation
- Ohio Exteriors LLCOhio Exteriors replaced the siding and gutters on my house. They did a great job! I would definitely hire them again.
Contractors in Plain City
- Business Description:Owner operated. No subs. Charges a flat rate. No travel charges. No service fees. May contact through email.Recent Review:Tony was a pleasure to have work done at our home. He did a wonderful job at a very fair price. With the lumber shortage Tony took extra care to source the cedar for the project. He is a very careful , conscientious and organized. Brought the right saws and tools for the job. Couldn’t be happier. He told us of the other types of work he does and we will use him in the future no question about that. Tony WorthingtoTony P.
- Business Description:We have been in business for over 46 years, Fixing wet basement problems since 1975. We are based out of Columbus, Ohio and have been delivering excellent service throughout these past 40 plus years. We have over 10,000 references available so you can be certain that you are getting the most for your money. The more you check us out the better chance we have of working for you! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our services or want to schedule a time for us to come out a..Recent Review:It went smoothly exactly as Paul described the job. His crew installed a sump pump and ensured in drained to the curb. The crew replaced the drain run to the curb and dug around the existing bushes. The crew also connected the the roof downspout to the run to the curb.The crew installed a perforated pipe in a trench which created a floating basement floor on 3 sides of the basement. (the 4th wall was not necessary since was an interior wall.) They concreted over the pipe with a gap to the wall. they repaired and painted the basement wallsJohn B.
- Business Description:Ohio Handyman is a family run, owner-operated business. We are not a franchise that passes along franchise fees to its clients. In that regard, we operate more like a wholesale service provider, with no middle man mark-ups. That means extra savings for you. Handyman services include: Carpentry (interior and exterior) Tile (backsplash, flooring, bath) Painting (interior and exterior) Home Sale Services (repairs, post-inspection remediation) Renovations (bath, kitchen, basement) Luxury Home (ba..Recent Review:Mike and his crew from Ohio Handyman were a pleasure to work with and did phenomenal job refinishing our basement. I took multiple bids, and they were very reasonable – not absolute lowest but in-line. Mike and the team were professionals. They took pride in their work and it shows. They were on time, took safety protocols seriously and cleaned up after themselves every day before leaving for the day. Mike took our rough idea of what we wanted and made it a reality. He had some great suggestions that mad the project even better than we had had hoped. I will hire them again in the future for other jobsKathleen C.
- Business Description:Installing siding, roofing, windows, gutters, shutters & leaf relief all over central ohio. we do not use sub-contractors. the owner/contractor is on all job-sites to insure quality on every job. member of the better business bureau. winner of the golden hammer award for outstanding workmanship! lifetime labor warranty
- Business Description:Family Owned and Operated. No Subs. Cost is determined by the job. No Travel Charges - Free Estimates. We do estimates during the Day and Evening - feel free to call until 11:00 PM. Contact through E-mail, Office, Fax, or Cell. Sometimes phone calls drop a number or two - only half your message comes through when leaving a message, If possible always repeat the number for me.. Your message is very important. Thanks, Linda WalkerRecent Review:Beautifully done. This is a family-owned company with high standards and ethics. They definitely know floors and were informative all along the process. I thought I had the right color selected and they saved me from the wrong choice by explaining and demonstrating what the colors looks like with the type of oak that I have. I explained what I wanted and they guided me (with my insistence, they make sure it's your choice) to the correct color and look. Finishing is with a much more durable oil poly rather than a water poly. We did the house in two segments which was fully accommodated. It looks like a new house - they took care of the little blemishes and details and I couldn't be more pleased. I'm actually sorry to see them go, they were fantastic and funNancy K.
- Business Description:A-1 Quality Carpentry is family owned and operated. We have been licensed, bonded, and insured throughout central Ohio for over 20 years. And even though we're not the biggest, when it comes to quality and service, we strive to be the best. We offer free estimates and accept all major credit cards. (no fees) So, if you're thinking about building a deck or porch, and want the best in quality and service, give us a call. "We're worth the wait"Recent Review:It went very well! Jeff was awesome to work with, responsive and super professional. The work was done faster than I anticipated. The deck looks and feels GREAT. I would recommend to anyone.DEBORAH C.
- Business Description:In business for 40+ years! Owner Operated. NO SUBS. Cost is determined by job. Call today!Recent Review:It went very well. Chair was repaired as I had requested.Jane M.
- Business Description:25 years of experience.Recent Review:Myron was very professional and friendly. I had an issue when little bit of rain water would get to my bathroom vent. Myron spotted the problem and removed the old exhaust vent, backing plate, tube and flex tubeJeff S.
- Business Description:Remodeling is our business and we understand the importance of working with you—the homeowner—before, during, and after the job. We provide quality, customized service from our three locations in Columbus, Dayton & Cincinnati. Whether you are in need of replacement windows, roofing, vinyl siding or other services, you can be assured that we will combine quality, integrity and attention to detail, with value pricing. American WeatherTechs, LLC is committed to 100% customer satisfaction. We pro..Recent Review:Outstanding customer service from salesman all the way through to install crew. Everything was top notch and extremely happy with final outcome. The product quality was amazing and the looks to match. Even with this whole covid pandemic American WeatherTechs was able to deliver as promised. Would use them again for all my exterior needsLou I.
- Business Description:Beacom Construction Company LLC is a full service general contracting company that specializes in handling the details of your project so you don't have to. From decks to basement finishes, and remodeling to complete new builds, your home is in good handsRecent Review:Beacom Construction Co LLC was extremely professional when it came to repairing the water damage caused by an improperly installed shower pan when the house was initially constructed. Years of slow leakage caused the subfloor to fail under the shower and kitchen sink areas. Beacom Construction was able to come in and make repairs in a very manner keeping the costs reasonable and not creating extra unneeded work as others had quoted. If another project is required at my home I would rehire Beacom Construction immediatelyJeffrey N.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Milford Center
- West Jefferson
- Shawnee Hills
- Upper Arlington
- Lewis Center
- North Lewisburg
- Grove City
- South Vienna
general contractors in Plain City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Basement 2 NV11077 Saylor Rd
- A Buckeye Construction LLC1856 Ridgebury Dr
- A-1 Quality Carpentry911 ROBINWOOD AVE
- A-Plus Inspections, LLC260 Links Dr
- A-Team Construction & Maintenance Co.644 Old Farm Rd
- A:Z Contracting, LLC8220 Richardson Rd.
- AA ALWAYS AFFORDABLE1933 E DUBLIN GRANVILLE RD
- AAA Renovations, LLC140 N. Roys Ave
- ABBRUZZESE BROTHERS INC7775 Smith Calhoun Rd
Plain City, Ohio
- Absolute General Contracting180 Birch St. Apt B
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- ACTION PAINTING & HANDYMAN1223 CAROLYN AVE
- AFAB Services64 West Street
- Affordable Home Remodeling863 Lakefield dr.
- Affordable Interior Finish Carpentry & Floors5421 Sinclair Rd 614 402 3107
- ALL CHOICE HOME IMPROVEMENTS LLC346 Wyndham Park S
- All Inclusive Roofing2635 Queensway Dr
Grove City, Ohio
- American Master Craftman135 S Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd
- American Vinyl LLC41 South Grant Avenue
- American Weathertechs LLC - Columbus651 Lakeview Plaza Blvd
- ANDERSON REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION LLC6144 Jefferlyn Dr
- Ansten Handyman Services295 Winter Hill Pl
- APCO | The Architectural Products Company777 Michigan Ave
- Apex Property Pros LLC1246 Hubbard Rd.
- ASA Carpentry308 Hubbard Rd
- ASA Remodeling264 W Main St.
- Ashby Home Repair9398 State Route 56 E
- Avanti Home Improvements,LLC6777 Retton Rd
- A Basement 2 NV
- B & L CONTRACTING4445 GARY WAY
- Backwood Builders LLC1493 Forest Brooke Way
- BARKER CONTRACTING SERVICES137 WEISHEIMER RD
- Barton Builders Inc13170 Basil Rd NW
- Beacom Construction Co LLC5437 County Rd 25
- Bell Tree Productions LLC8608 Morris rd
- BEN-TEL COMMUNICATIONS/KRAFTED BY KOHLER5540 ROCHE DR
- Benchmark Roofing668 Radio Dr
LEWIS CENTER, Ohio
- Bidner Construction and Remodeling LLC433 denwood court
- Billingsley Carpentry4002 Summerstone Dr
- BJW Contracting94 Jamison Rd NW Lot 222
Washington Court House, Ohio
- Blasing Home Improvements5653 Balkan Pl.
- BOLON CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN2551 MCVAY BLVD W
- BONAVUCATURA CUSTOM CARPENTRY52 MONTROSE AVE
- Bone Dry Roofing Inc -Columbus3500 Parkway Ln
- Brighton Works233 Brighton Rd.
- Broadview Windows97 S Liberty St
- Broski Services & ConstructionP.O. Box 329
- BRYAN BARNES952 Willow Bluff Dr
- Bryants Home Repair4379 Alameda Dr.
Grove City, Ohio
- Bubs Handy Services5266 Williamsburg Cir
- Buckeye Construction and Renovations342 S. Main st.
- Buckeye Home Pros and Property Maintenance7611E Sawmill Commons Lane
- Buckeye Restoration4004 Miller-Paul Rd
- Building and Construction Services LLC340 W 2nd Ave
- Burgett Painting & Home Improvement1480 Ellsworth Ave
- Burke Independent Contracting105 S Hartford Ave
- B & L CONTRACTING
- C & H CONSTRUCTION2791 MAPLEWOOD DR
- C and R handyman services124 north clinton st
- C.C. Handyman Services1764 Lucks Rd
- Cabo 21 - Renovations755 Richard CT
- Camelot Construction and Design3842 Carberry Dr
- Capital City Millwork173 Heatherdown Dr
- Capital City Property Services5462 Crenton Dr
- Capital Flooring, Interiors and Carpentry10694 Ashville Pike 59
- CAPITAL OUTDOOR342 EMORY ST
- Care Industries, Inc2352 Bohnburg Ave
Grove City, Ohio
- CASTLE DRYWALL266 N SYLVAN AVE
- Central Ohio Handyman Services, LLC314 Prairie Run Drive
- Central Ohio Home Restoration3663 Christopher Place
Grove City, Ohio
- Central State Windows & Siding2458 N High St
- CHARLES KNIGHT CONSTRUCTION508 MURRAY AVE
- Charley's Handyman Service839 Midland Ave
- Childress Painting176 Highfield Dr
- Christopher Construction Home ImprovementP.O. Box 1377
Grove City, Ohio
- Cimarkai, LLC3077 Remington Ridge Rd
- CJ's Commercial & Residential Maintenance342 Donerail Dr SW
- Claggett & Sons Inc3396 Sharon Valley Rd NE
- CLASSIC HANDYMAN SERVICES620 TAYLOR STATION RD STE I
- CLAUSEN CUSTOM BUILDERS LLC7094 STONE CT
- CLEAR CHOICE BUILDING5266 LOEFFLER DR
- Cloverleaf Design Build Develop, LLC109 E College St
- CNF Electric & Home Improvement Ltd.8 Miami Street
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Color World Housepainting Inc94 Village Pointe Dr
- COLUMBUS CRAFTSMAN7652 SAWMILL RD STE 205
- COLUMBUS REHAB611 ERICKSON AV
- COMO LandscapesPO Box 758
- Conner home Improvement2410 Kilbourne
- CONSTRUCTIVE ARTS LLC699 FREBIS AVE
- Contracting Solutions LLC6118 Westerville Rd
- COPPER MOUNTAIN CONTRACTING LTD7342 BRYDEN RD
- Cornett Roofing Systems1442 Amy Lane
- Craig Stalk & Complete Remoldeling1975 Ramblebranch Dr
- CREATIVE BUILDING SERVICES4024 BLENDON GROVE WAY
- Creative Custom Woodworks104 South Catherine St
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Creative Earthscapes376 Morrison Rd Ste F
- Creative Touch Painting & Decorating LLC3755 Broadway
Grove City, Ohio
- Custom Awning Service & Builders Inc.2897 Johnstown Rd Ste D
- Custom Deck & Porch1346 Worthington Woods Blvd
- CUSTOM DESIGN WOODWORKING4760 N HIGH ST
- C & H CONSTRUCTION