AIS Renovations Ltd

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2011

A.I.S. Renovations is a leading renovation contractor in the Central Ohio area. We provide clients with a comprehensive approach to contracting and specialize in a wide range of services from roofs to room additions. Since starting out in 1989, we have been committed to clients needs and satisfaction. Get in touch to receive your free estimate today!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+29 more images

Remodeling - General Project

Remodeling - General Project

home remodeling
Remodeling - General

roofing (112)home remodeling (44)siding companies (38)woodworking (28)interior painting (26)door installation (24)gutter repair (23)electrician (20)drywall (18)plumbers (17)tile installation (17)window replacement (16)

07/08/2022

Corinne H.

We used AIS Renovations for a $24,000 dual bathroom remodel that began in August of 2020. The only bathrooms in our house would be demolished and it had been agreed upon with AIS that they would not demolish the bathrooms until they were ready to start and finish the project as we would have to move out and rent another place until it was finished. We were lucky if AIS came to our house once a week following demolition in August to December. Calls to our initial project manager went unanswered until we finally reached out to the AIS office in October only to find out that our project manager had become seriously ill. AIS did not notify us and we never received another point of contact. In October, Shawn, owner of AIS, promised the bathrooms would be done by Thanksgiving. There was little to no progress. In December we attempted to contact Shawn several times and received no answer from AIS until we reached out to our initial project manager- he promised us “two more weeks.” Nothing had been installed yet except for rough plumbing. It was at this point that Shawn and Parks Jr. also decided that they were going to make major changes to our original design in order to finish more quickly without ever having a discussion with us and just directing the original project manager. After finally making progress, we walked through to discover there was a half inch gap between the shower surround and tub that led to water leaking down under the tub. Any tile work had to be completed twice as it was crooked (shower) or had gaps (floors). AIS Renovations finished the remodel on February 3, 2021, 25 weeks following demolition and nearly 17 weeks over the agreed upon timeline of 8 weeks. Per our signed contract, AIS Renovations was to pull all permits (plumbing, electrical, and structural) and complete all necessary inspections. We received verbal confirmation from Shawn at our final walk-through on February 3, 2021, that all inspections were completed. On April 20, 2022, we received a letter from the City of Columbus stating that our permits had expired signaling that the necessary inspections were not completed and the permits were not closed. After contacting the Columbus Permits Office, I discovered that only a rough plumbing inspection was completed. On May 5, 2022, I called AIS to inform them of this issue. On May 6, 2022, I was informed that they did not retain any copies of the inspection forms and could not confirm that they were completed. After hounding Shawn for three weeks, the plumbing and electrical permits were allegedly completed on May 25, 2022 (although we were not given any paperwork). It has now been nearly two months and the structural inspection has not taken place despite several attempts to contact AIS Renovations. These inspections should have been done throughout the fall of 2020 and completed by February 3, 2021. We filed a complaint with the BBB on June 27th and AIS said they would be finished ASAP. It is now July 8, 2022, and the inspections have still not been completed fully. Not only did Shawn blatantly lie about the inspections, but AIS is in breach of our contract and we fear that the open permits and lack of inspections will negatively impact our ability to sell our house in the future.

Description of Work
the bathroom remodel that lasted 2 YEARS

Work Completed On 08/08/2020

03/22/2022

Patricia B.

Well, with Covid, I was sick, contractors were sick, delay at the start, slow at first but the final completion is beautiful. I would definitely recommend AIS.

Description of Work
Whole house renovation.

Category carpet installation, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/22/2022

12/15/2021

Alan S.

Highly recommend. Workers were always prompt and professional. We love the final product!

Description of Work
Great Room Addition

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/22/2021

Review for AIS Renovations Ltd - 4394 Broadway, Grove City, OH - 39582750

10/26/2021

Greg E.

Very professional and quality work. Prompt and on time. I absolutely would hire them again.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Work Completed On 10/26/2021

10/22/2021

Lottie B.

AIS did a great job putting a 800+ sq ft addition on the 2nd floor above the garage. From beginning to end, communication with the business owner, project manager, and the office was consistent, frequent, responsive, and professional. The entire project, from architectural designs to final walk throughs, was quality work. All tradespeople were respectful. And on top of all that, these people are just friendly and kind (and funny). In spite of supply line delays and scheduling challenges during a global pandemic, the company worked to resolve ever issue.

Description of Work
Home Addition

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

10/14/2021

Laurie R.

Parks and the team did an addition and siding. The work was very high quality and materials were as expected. Pricing was as estimated and fair. Parks is great with follow-up and certainly earned our trust. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Exterior Premium Siding and Painting

Category electrician, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/29/2022

10/07/2021

Tyler E.

Fantastic! Best remodel service in town!

Description of Work
Fireplace Remodel and Shutters

Category drywall, electrician, masonry, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/26/2021

09/16/2021

Craig H.

The garage addition made the front of the house so much more attractive and will allow room for court yard to further add to the new look.

Description of Work
Garage Addition

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

09/09/2021

Amanda L.

I am very satisfied with all the work done by AIS, from the planning process to the finish. They were easy to work with and had great ideas from the start. I was also impressed by the crew that worked hard each day they were here and cared about the quality and the details of the project. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
outdoor covered addition

Category decks, remodeling

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

Review for AIS Renovations Ltd - 4394 Broadway, Grove City, OH - 39470106

08/05/2021

David M.

Well it Started April 5,2021 our downstairs was out dated and need a complete makeover, the Carpenters that were there did a superb job! Thank you Jason and Austin for making sure we got what we wanted , I over saw every detail that went into making the downstairs a beautiful place for my mom. Parks is truly a very nice and loyal person, every now and then we butted heads, but we both worked through it, to get what you want I’ve probably changed the plan 100 different ways to make my moms place perfect. When parks and I sat down I thought I covered everything turns out, it was just minor, to what we changed, I know the carpenters weren’t happy, but I was. But in the end every one did a super job. But for now I’m ready to just enjoy the new place we built for her. Thank you Ais Renovations for doing a super fantastic job. I actually think our bathroom should be on their website, it is truly spectacular.

Description of Work
lower Level Mother n Law suite

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

07/23/2021

steve W.

Very well! Pleased with appearance. The installers were courteous and helpful. They worked very hard and completed work in 2 1/3 days.

Description of Work
siding and paint

Category siding, house painters

Work Completed On 07/26/2021

07/12/2021

Cassandra M.

It went very smooth. The workers and project manager, Parks Davis, were professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Whole House Siding replacement and Exterior Doors

Category gutter repair, siding, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/17/2021

06/22/2021

Andy A.

Outstanding company. Wonderful to work with. Aubrey is wonderful. She So patient and does a great job of following up when a question or concern comes up. Jason who headed up all the work on the job was the best. Wanted to sure everything was done to my liking and if it didn’t meet what he thought he made sure to get it to the A+ standard that AIS stands for. Parks “the boss” always popped in to assure we were happy and made sure we knew we were a valued customer. I can’t wait to eventually move on to my next dream around the house because AIS is the first company o am going to call…

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

06/17/2021

Mark M.

Overall very impressed. We had an odd sized door that needed some extra work but AIS did a great job making it look like new. Very personable staff, involved throughout the process. We will be using AIS again.

Description of Work
countertops and french door

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

06/11/2021

John U.

Great on time and cleanup was great.

Description of Work
New Roof

Work Completed On 06/11/2021

04/30/2021

Marcie and Ben S.

We are very pleased with the addition that AIS did on our home. From start to finish, we feel we received top notch service. We highly recommend them for any additions or renovations you may have. Thanks Parks, Jay and the entire AIS team for a job well done!

Description of Work
Four Season addition

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

04/26/2021

Merideth F.

AIS did a great job communicating and giving me updates on timelines for my projects. The work people who came over were professional, nice, trustworthy, and above all did quality work.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel and custom stairs

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

03/29/2021

Hasan J.

Hired AIS to complete my unfinished basement (1,100 sq ft), including adding a full bath, moving a window, adding a gas burning, direct vent fireplace. Did an absolutely amazing job! Couldn't have asked for better craftsmanship and professionalism, from everyone involved, from start to finish. I would use them again, for projects large or small, without hesitation.

Description of Work
Complete a finished basement

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

03/25/2021

Victoria T.

Very communicative and sent pictures throughout the process. And any concerns they were instantly addressed. It was a great experience especially with not being home during the whole process. Would definitely recommend this company for any projects you may have.

Description of Work
Covered rear patio

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

02/11/2021

Jack C.

The project went very well, quality work done timely and professionally.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

01/26/2021

Jason K.

AIS Team was an absolute dream to work with. Parks Davis and crew were always in communication throughout the entire process and we could not be happier with the finished products. Most definitely recommend and we are planning future projects with AIS for sure !

Description of Work
Exterior entry door and rear sliding glass door replacement

Category remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Review for AIS Renovations Ltd - 4394 Broadway, Grove City, OH - 39157943

01/22/2021

Clinton B.

They were very accommodating to my needs for my roof replacement! From the time i reached out to when the roof was completed was less than 2 weeks!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 01/22/2021