A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Tecumseh, MI
There are 1 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Tecumseh
- D J'S PORTABLE TOILET RENTALS & SEPTIC SERVICECustomer service was excellent. They were very informative and educational. Any questions we may have had they answered. Most definitely will hire again !
- Jay's Septic Tank SvcLes cam out from Jays septic. He found the tank, dug up the cover, did the pump, filled it back in. Very professional, very experienced. Terrific service. I would recommend Les to anyone. He knows what he's doing and gives first rate service. I will always use Jays.
- SCOTT'S EXCAVATINGIt was great. He showed up early. I showed him were it was. He explain things to me. He had a record from the previous owner. Very knowledgeable. He was great.
- Liberty Home InspectionsLiberty Inspections was very thorough and went above and beyond. I would definitely recommend Liberty Home Inspections and would hire this company again. Bill and Drew came out and were very nice, knowledgeable, and answered all our questions. A very thorough report was given to us.
- Matt DeJonghe Septic Tank CleaningDeJonghe Septic is an excellent company. Matt is not only an expert at what he does;he is very honest and has an outstanding work ethic. For example, when he came to pump our septic today, we discovered that the 50 year old lid had shattered since the last pumping. My wife and I went out to buy the riser and lid that Matt recommended, but didn't quite have the expertise to do it ourselves. Matt came back in the midst of his very busy day, helped us to install the riser, and refused to take any extra money for the second trip to our house! Their pumping prices are also reasonable and Misty in the office is very helpful. I don't give many five star reviews, but this one is well deserved
- ABBOTT EXCAVATING & SEPTICCame highly recommended and exceeded my expectations! Hired him again recently for a new project and experienced the same satisfaction. Very pleased with the work, the price and the time frame. Professional and friendly, would highly recommend!
- RENNIE EXCAVATINGWe purchased a new vacation cottage that needed an entirely new septic system and drain field. since I do not live in Michigan year-round, I was having to work with people over the phone. After a slew of bad judgement calls on my part with other contractors, Ken Rennie was recommended to me by the health department. Ken was a little abrasive to talk to on the phone, and he basically yelled at me for contacting another "idiot" in that community to do the work. After the initial conversation, Ken kept me in the loop and had the septic installed and ready very quickly. The first company I tried to hire had been "working on it" for nearly three months-while Ken had it done in 3 days with no excuses. My price was high because I needed a pump fed drain field. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone that needs septic installation or replacement
- Ronald L Sergeant SepticWhen they came out, they found out the wood surrounding the tank was rotted. He recommended a new ?riser? and lid. Unfortunately, they do not make one big enough for the tank I have. He rebuilt the surround and lid and didn?t charge me a dime, he knew he provided wrong information and wanted to right the situation. They handle all aspects of septic and excavating which is great because they know what they are doing. They leave things the way they found them
- SERGEANT SEPTIC PUMPING SVCWe had used this service before, so called to have it done again. They gave me an appointment the next day (scheduled to arrive between 11a and 1p). Worker arrived at 12:45 and was done by 1:00. He cleaned up his equipment , recapped the septic tank and left. The price was as quoted. They offer a $5.00 discount for cash. Worker was very efficient -- he seemed as if he had a very busy schedule and wasted no time on small talk or conversation, but was very focused as he worked
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water CleanupIt went fine. A.J. took the time to explained what he was doing and why. He also took the time to try to find someone to clean our septic tank for us. He was very friendly and professional.
Last update on January 31, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Tecumseh, MI
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Your home’s septic system needs a little TLC to keep running efficiently. Follow these tips to extend your septic system’s useful lifespan.
The size of a small septic system falls between 750 and 1,000 gallons. Keep reading to learn all about small septic systems for one toilet and how to choose one.
Find septic tank services in
- Manitou Beach,
- Ann Arbor
Septic Tank Contractors in Tecumseh, MI
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- CHARLIE'S SEWER & PLUMBING1301 SOUTHWESTERN DR
Tecumseh, Michigan 49286
- CHARLIE'S SEWER & PLUMBING
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- FLETCHER INSPECTIONS LLC8991 AUSTIN RD
Saline, Michigan 48176
- FLETCHER INSPECTIONS LLC
- Inspectormike.com45090 Thornhill Ct
Canton, Michigan 48188
- Jess Arquette7408 Hungerford Lake Dr
BIG RAPIDS, Michigan 49307
- Jess Arquette
- K & J Septic Service2560 River Rd
PETOSKEY, Michigan 49770
- K & J Septic Service
- Larry Clark Pumper Service6776 Barney Rd
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
- Larry Clark Pumper Service
- Matt DeJonghe Septic Tank Cleaning7136 Ridge Hwy
Britton, Michigan 49229
- Matt DeJonghe Septic Tank Cleaning
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Services7275 Tower Rd
Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Services
- Tri-County Septic Service LLC18228 Vicary Rd
Cement City, Michigan 49233
- Tri-County Septic Service LLC
Septic tank companies that service Tecumseh
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.