Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Lansing, MI
There are 7 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Lansing
- D & J Septic Services IncI hired D & J to clean my septic tanks, and in short they were fantastic. The technician who was on the job was knowledgeable, and very quickly identified that the last company that we had hired to clear our tanks did a poor job - he took time to explain what we found, and why he believed they did a poor job (yet in a way to not "bad mouth" another company, but to make sure we knew what was important to maintain our septic system properly). Then he went above and beyond and spent nearly 2 hours working to get our tanks cleaned out. He also gave some other advice to help maintain our septic system. The listed price was more than fair....but on top of that he did not charge anything extra for the additional service/work and advice. I will absolutely be using D & J for our future needs, no question. Hire them, you won't be disappointed
- Ball Septic Tank ServiceIt went very well! They were very friendly and punctual. They did exactly what they said they would do and got the job done quickly and efficiently. I would highly recommend them.
- Michigan Plumbing Incthis is a company that is on call 24/7 I looked at their webpage, and sent an e-mail on Sunday. Jo answered my e-mail, telling me they would contact me on Monday. They did and set up an appointment for Monday between 10-12. Tom 102 arrived shortly after 10:00 am. There were 3 possibilities that was the cause of my water in the basement. after running his camera though the line, etc. came upon the plug in the line to the septic tank. All went well until the "back spash" that was caused by the line opening (I guess) up until this time there was no smell of septic tank water. We discovered this as Tom was getting his things around to leave. Water dirty or clean goes where it wants to (under file cabinets,etc) I have been moving and cleaning with strong bleach water ever since to get the smell out of the basement. I am sure that this does not come under the plumbers duties
- Michigan Plumbing IncThey were real good. They did not have to dig up our ground and that is what pleased me the most. He was very professional, courteous, and friendly. We are going to go with them again. He lets you know how often he thinks you need to get it done which for us he told us longer. When we initially called he said we probably could have waited about two years longer, which is a lot of savings. He was honest and he was timely. They will be on call, and I think he told us maybe four and a half or five years next time
- Michigan Plumbing IncWe called on Memorial Day Weekend Saturday and got an appointment for next Tuesday because of some bubbles and gurgling in our toilets. Shortly thereafter our toilets were blocked up. We called again and they had someone here within an hour even though it was a Memorial Day Weekend Saturday! Kevin checked both septic tanks and found one of them had not been emptied the last time we had them serviced. He quickly and efficiently temporarily cleared the blockage so we could use the toilets and wait to have the septic tank company come in next week to empty the second tank. After chatting with him about our water softener, he offered to test the water for us when he got done and found our 5+ year old water softener was not working at all. We bought a new water softener on the spot and it will be installed on Wednesday. Michigan Plumbing is now on our "must call" list of service providers
- Michigan Plumbing IncVery professional, very prompt, courteous. quality work but expensive. Very upfront with price quotes. We are very satisfied.
- SHUNK/FIEDLER R & L SEPTIC TANK SVCAwesome. Well, first we couldn't find it, and both Kurt and Joe were super helpful in working with me to find the septic. They answered many questions and phone calls helping me navigate my way, and we finally found the septic. Yeah! They were both very knowledgeable and had patience with me and my situation. Will definitely use again
- HOWELL SANITARY COVery well. The lift on one tank lid broke. The technician rigged a strap system that worked and hopefully will work next time too.
- SHUNK/FIEDLER R & L SEPTIC TANK SVCI dug up the septic tank lid myself. They arrived about a half hour early, which is more than fine with me. Very nice guys. The experience veteran and the brawn. Very professional and informative. Once they got the lid off and started pumping, the veteran could see that the tank had probably not been emptied at all by the previous owner - it was almost full. About twenty to thirty minutes to empty the tank. Very informative, telling me about what he was finding as we went along. Afterwards, they both gave me wonderful advice on maintenance, frequency of when it needs emptied, as well as great paperwork to have on hand. Very friendly professionals. Will definitely call them for the next service if they are still in business
- SHUNK/FIEDLER R & L SEPTIC TANK SVCWell. Would have like the site to be smoothed out more. It was left kind of rough but that was the only negative and we can handle that.
Septic Tank Companies in Lansing
- Business Description:J. Mills Plumbing is your local 5 star service company for all your Plumbing and Water treatment needs! Being family owned & operated since 1990, we provide the highest level of quality workmanship, customer service, and communication and are always up to date with latest technology, materials, and most efficient systems available. There is no job too big or small for us! J. Mills Plumbing is very organized and efficient from answering the phone to cleaning up after every job, we work very ha..Recent Review:Fantastic service. Customer for life.Ron L.
- Business Description:Drain cleaningRecent Review:Jeff and Clint are always very easy and pleasant folks to work with.Curt L.
- Business Description:101 employees. No subs. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. $25 off the purchase or rental of a softener or reverse osmosis system (limit one per customer) for all members. No extra charge of 24 hour service. When we started our company back in 1959, a home visit by an Aqua Systems sales representative was the most convenient way to discover the attributes of our productsRecent Review:It went very well. We’ve been customers for many years. This service was easily scheduled. Work was done promptly and technician explained everything as he worked. Discovered some issues with the location of the unit and performed the necessary adjustments. We are very pleasedBill B.
- Business Description:Optimus Home Inspection LLC is a full service home inspection company. All properties undergo a thorough top to bottom inspection performed by an InterNACHI certified home inspector. A full color, highly detailed report is sent electronically the same day and we are always available for post inspection questions that may ariseRecent Review:My inspection was very thorough and the resulting report was very useful. Each issue was documented clearly with multiple images as well as explained to me in person at the house. I will certainly recommend Optimus to friends or familyMichael C.
- Business Description:Liberty Home Inspections offers complete home inspections, with a professional NACHI certified inspector, Bill Foster. Bill says "I used to remodel homes, now I inspect them". He trains with other respected home inspectors and continually updates his education with Internachi, an online and in-person inspectors' educational and training association. We give the best service we can to all customers. We want you to know that we work for you, our customers. Every inspection is important and Bill..Recent Review:Great save me from making a Costly mistakeRudy K.
- Business Description:Roto-Rooter offers commercial and residential plumbing services. From emergency plumbing to drain cleaning, sewer cleaning to pipe work, Roto-Rooter can help you with any plumbing problem. Roto-Rooter is licensed and insured and handles everything from water lines to toilet and shower problems. No plumbing job is too big or too small for our experienced and professional plumbers. Schedule an appointment by phone or online, we'll come when it's convenient for youRecent Review:I had some sewage back up into a basement laundry tub on a Saturday morning. I called Roto-Rooter and they had a plumber at my house within 30 minutes. He quickly diagnosed the problem as a back-up in the sewer line. He used a snake to clear tree roots and solved our problem in less than an hourKyle K.
- Business Description:Michigan Plumbing has been delivering superior service to greater Lansing area homes since 1992. When your plumbing breaks it can be unsanitary, uncomfortable and make daily routines difficult. When you call us you get quality work, attention to detail and prompt, on-time service. We fix all plumbing problems – fixtures, faucets, pipes, drains, water heaters and more. If it's about water in your home, WE DO IT! We promise to provide professional, courteous service and quality workmanship. We'..Recent Review:Went well but pricey...but I guess all plumbers are!Don F.
- Business Description:At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes..Recent Review:They weren't the cheapest, but they did great work, were extremely responsive, professional and made themselves available right away.Michael S.
- Business Description:At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes..Recent Review:They didn’t charge. They were great. Use them. Communication was good. The above and beyond was that they didn’t charge. We were quite shocked by that. It was great. You know he just gave recommendations if we needed further water treatment to call them and they’d be glad to put a system in. And you know we probably would because the way this experience was.Judith B.
- Business Description:Providing all Excavation service's. Delivery and/or removal of materials.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Find septic tank services in
- East Lansing
- Grand Ledge
- Eaton Rapids
- Saint Johns
septic tank services in Lansing
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 4Sons Excavation & Construction, LLC413 S. Clinton St
- 4Sons Excavation & Construction, LLC
- Aqua Systems7785 E US Hwy 36
- Aqua Systems
- C & H Underground260 Spring St.
- C & H Underground
- G A HUNT EXCAVATING LLC1220 E TAFT RD
Saint Johns, Michigan
- G A HUNT EXCAVATING LLC
- Hosco Drain ServicesPO Box 25094
- Hosco Drain Services
- Optimus Home Inspection LLC537 N Main
- Optimus Home Inspection LLC
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup4407 Empire Way
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup
- SHUNK/FIEDLER R & L SEPTIC TANK SVC4310 W COLUMBIA RD
- SHUNK/FIEDLER R & L SEPTIC TANK SVC