Miteff Plumbing

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2011

When you need a plumber, you need someone you can trust. We are proud to have over 30 years of combined plumbing and remodeling experience in our community. We are highly motivated, obsessed with quality and efficiency, and we treat your home or business as if it were our own. Our business model and success is built on honesty, integrity, and reliability. Learn more about the products and services we offer, and contact us today!...

plumbers (131)home remodeling (39)drain cleaning (10)water heaters (10)flooring (9)well & water pump repair (8)drywall (8)woodworking (7)interior painting (6)drain pipe installation (6)sewer cleaning (5)water softeners (5)

01/19/2019

Bob M.

Fine, but we're not certain we found the source of the leak.

Description of Work
Water leak

Category drywall, plumbing

Work Completed On 01/19/2019

10/03/2018

Melanie S.

The crew came early and worked into the evening to get the work done for the tankless water heater, gas lines for outdoor grill and gas dryer and water lines to garage for outdoor sink. The crew members work well together and their problem solving is excellent. They have been out 4 times to complete these projects.

Description of Work
new frost free outdoor faucets, tank free water heater, gas line for dryer and outdoor grill, blow out water lines as previous owner did a demolition and did not protect the water lines, install a sump pump water powered, backup, run water lines and trap for sink to be installed in garage

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

09/20/2018

Robert V.

Excellent service from the initial call to the work performed We had a sump pump failure and just a few hours later we had a brand new one installed. Fast and friendly service!

Description of Work
Sump Pump Replacement

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

03/12/2018

Dave F.

Work was Done. Excellent job very professional service plumbers were extremely nice &price was right

Description of Work
Replumb main waste drain in my basement

Work Completed On 01/18/2018

01/04/2018

Terri R.

It went really well. They were able to do the work on the day that I called.

Description of Work
My rental property needed to havethe kitchen drain fixed.

Work Completed On 01/04/2018

11/13/2017

Lee M.

The workman came and took care of everything. He was professional, helpful, and saved a potential flood in the basement.

Description of Work
We needed an emergency sump pump replacement. They worked us in to the end of the day Friday and saved us from a flood in the basement. Others were not available until the following Monday.

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

11/06/2017

Juanita Z.

They instructed my husband that we also needed a new regular sump pump but told him what kind to buy in case he wanted to do it himself (which he did). Then they came over when they said they were going to and installed the other sump pump. They were courteous and professional.

Description of Work
We wanted a sump pump driven by water pressure.

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

07/13/2017

Cheryl V.

Called Tuesday morning for service at a rental property I own. I advised the tenant could be there any afternoon with a day's notice, if they could please call to schedule with him. I also asked if they could take a credit card over the phone from me (yes) or if I would need to meet someone at the property (no). The woman who answered told me they could get someone there Wednesday afternoon (next day). I said great, please call the tenant to let them know. I also had to suggest that they may need more information from me that they didn't ask for: my billing address, email (can they email a receipt? yes), etc. Next day around 5pm I contacted the tenant to see how it went. He told me they hadn't called or come by at all. I called the office and they said the tech tried to reach me to find out how I would pay, and since I didn't answer, he moved on to another job. I reminded them that I had asked about paying by credit card over the phone AND had asked that they schedule with the tenant, and they said they would get in touch with the tenant and get something on for the next day. Next day I talked to the tenant and got multiple answers: 1. they didn't call at all today; 2. he called them today and they said they'd be by this afternoon; 3. they called him and said they'd be by this afternoon; 4. their phone number is disconnected (it's not). By now it was near the end of the second day that Miteff was supposed to go by the house, so I called them to get the story. Their answer was that they told the tenant they will not be coming out, and that they're not interested in the job. This is a new tenant, so I am learning a personality. It's entirely possible he was difficult to deal with somehow. I'll never know, since Miteff didn't bother to inform me of their plan to refuse the job until I called them. They also didn't give me any opportunity to resolve whatever issue they might have had, if any. They get an F from me, and I won't use them for any other work.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot/resolve a slow tub drain

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

This review is unfortunate. We did try several times to call the landlord and left messages for a call back regarding this. We did speak with the tenant several times but he was incoherent and belligerent on the phone with our office assistant. Over the course of a few days he called back several times and did not even remember speaking to us previously. We respectfully declined to service this situation. The tenant even called us back several days later and left a message apologizing for his behavior.

07/07/2017

Nicholas W.

Miteff never called with the quote. Instead, I called asking for the quote multiple times over three weeks, but was always told I would get a call back with a quote in a "couple days". Finally, after weeks of calling, Miteff called about the job, but now seemed to not know precisley what they were providing a quote for. Based on their tone, it was clear they were not interested in the job and it was clear that they had not done enough research to provide an informative and useful quote. I went with Hedlund Plumbing instead. Hedlund got me a quote withing a couples days, were prompt in returning my calls, showed up on time, and did excellent work.

Description of Work
Had a worker from Miteff come out to examine water heater to get quote for a replacement. The appointment went well and they said they would be in touch with quotes for both vented and non-vented water heaters.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for your feedback. Though it is hard for us to hear, we know we have room for improvement and would like to apologize. Miteff Plumbing has been synonymous with quality, reliability and affordability over the years. Consequently, our business has continuously grown week over week, month over month and year over year. As one can imagine, this type of growth can create new challenges. Unfortunately, your request came during a time of transition. We have recently added new positions to our company, one of which is a dedicated office manager. The main focus of this position is customer service and communication; to help insure problems like yours do not happen again. Please know that Miteff Plumbing is both passionate and dedicated to its customers and we will continue to strive each and every day for excellence. Again, thank you so much for your time and feedback.

06/26/2017

Janet G.

Miteff sent two plumbers to install the fixture and they were pleasant, professional & finished in about an hour. They arrived on time, wore booties over their shoes to keep the house clean & worked efficiently. The cost for this installation was NOT based on how long it took or the number of plumbers who completed the work. There was a set price of $225 for this service & I was not advised in advance what the cost would be, partly because I requested that two things be done while they were in the house. They only completed the sink fixture installation, however. The other task I wanted done involved an older bathroom sink fixture that the plumbers were not familiar with & said they would have to do some research on in order to fix it. They left that day, promising to call within a week to follow up on the other repair. I'm writing this review about 6 weeks after their visit and THEY HAVE NEVER CALLED BACK ABOUT THAT REPAIR. I will be contacting another local plumber because my conclusion is that they aren't interested in doing the other work. There are plenty of plumbers available, therefore they have lost my business due to not contacting me promptly.

Description of Work
New Kitchen Sink faucet fixture installed on sink. Faucet was an expensive, Kohler, 4-piece fixture. It was replacing an old fixture that was leaking and the finish was starting to fail.

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

06/08/2017

Dorothy W.

Great. Due to the age of the pipes and that there were 3 different kinds they ended up having to replace a lot of the piping in the basement. They also found a pipe from the bathtub drain that was going to break open sooner than later. Had them replace that also. They replaced the kitchen faucet.

Description of Work
kitchen faucet dripped and there was a leak from a water pipe in the basement

Work Completed On 01/24/2017

05/20/2017

Glenys W.

ok. clog was fixed but there were other issues with toilet.

Description of Work
clogged toilet

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

05/18/2017

Diana T.

Everything went great, replacement was done completely & perfectly.

Description of Work
Replacement of toilet

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

04/12/2017

Deborah P.

D.J. And another man came out and said they replaced a part and filled up there bathtub twice to check for no leakage. My stepmother said it didn't happen. We asked why the Angie's list discount was not applied and he said he forgot and would take it off on next visit!! Unfortunately it still leaked..this time they came back and replaced the whole valve...stayed two hours charged $125 first time and $150 the second. Asked for the senior discount and DJ said he had already gave us a good price. He seems reluctant to support the discounts he advertises. I don't know where the master plumber is, DJ is the only one answering the phone. I would be reluctant to call them again...honesty and work ethic in question.

Description of Work
Called to have the overflow fixed in my step mothers tub

Work Completed On 04/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We take all feedback seriously and use it to help improve our business as customers are always our first priority. This particular occurrence was a bit challenging as there were three separate individuals involved including our customer, her daughter and her daughter in-law. Unfortunately, there was definitely a breakdown in communication between us and all three separate individuals. In the end the issue was resolved and the customer received an amazing discount which was greater than the standard Angie's List or senior citizen discount.

04/10/2017

Jessica C.

The job went smoothly - they did exactly what was needed done in a timely fashion for the amount quoted. I nothing bad to say about this company, great guys to work with.

Description of Work
Replaced fiberglass walk in shower to a Tiled shower

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

03/21/2017

Kendall E.

They were good. They were able to complete it as soon as they got there, they knew what the problem was. Other than the cost, it would have been cheaper had I called someone else. I haven't had any problems at all. I would continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
They worked on a water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/21/2016

03/02/2017

Janice R.

We were told it would take 2 weeks and it took 12 weeks to complete master bath remodel. Basically it took so long because the majority of the time only one employee worked on the bathroom. While we liked Jeff and he seemed willing to please his tiling was not at the professional level we expected. When he first put the tile on the walls there was no consistent pattern. Thankfully we caught it before he grouted and did damage control. We complained numerous times about how that mosaic tile in the shower was wavy and did not appear to be on a flat service. Other tilers have confirmed that it shouldn't look that way. Miteff never offered to redo the tile. For a year now I have been trying get excess grout off the tile around the bathtub, the shower and the worst is the grout all over the tile floor. We didn't realize at first all the shadows on the tile floor were actually grout. The grout is the same color of the floor.

Description of Work
Bath remodel

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

02/28/2017

J T.

Terrific. They exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
Miteff Plumbing is terrific, I highly recommend them.

Work Completed On 02/21/2017

02/22/2017

Eli S.

It went great! The bathroom is much nicer now

Description of Work
They replaced the old leaky bath surround with new tiling, replaced the shower and bath fixtures, demolished part of a wall, patched some drywall, and installed a ceiling fan with venting out the attic.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/22/2017

12/26/2016

Barbara W.

They responded quickly and got the job done quickly. They were very friendly and polite.

Description of Work
The pull out nozzle on my kitchen faucet became disconnected.

Work Completed On 12/26/2016

12/05/2016

Vaishali K.

Miteff plumbing workers were very professional and friendly. Did the job right and in timely manner. Happy with the service.

Description of Work
We recently change faucet for our pedestal sink.

Work Completed On 12/02/2016

11/21/2016

Sandra F.

Very good. We were very pleased. They replaced the faucet and went to home depot and picked out a faucet that they thought was adequate for the sink and the setup that I had. They ensured that I got the proper type of faucet that was similar to the old one in it's style. It has a spray hose on it which was important to me. I was very happy with what they picked out, except that they didn't tell me the price they paid for it. I wanted to know how much I was paying for the faucet vs. how much I was paying for the installation, so they were hesitant with that. That was my only concern.

Description of Work
Cleaned up a leak from a broken faucet in my kitchen.

Work Completed On 08/01/2016