Water-powered sump pumps can help your basement last for decades. But is it the best fit for you? This guide will provide you with the pros and cons of these backup sump pumps.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Cambridge, MA
There are 295 highly-rated local plumbers.
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Cambridge
- Rodenhiser Home Serviceseverything they did was excellent, their techs are highly trained, they work quickly and the end product for the install looks and works great. They have an annual maintenance contract that covers checkups in the spring for A/C, and the fall for the furnace. Never seen a more thorough report after each checkup. The office staff is very responsive and knowledgeable about all of their services, overall I would say they run a really great operation
- Rodenhiser Home ServicesThe Units are great. They were in and out in a few days. Everything went as expected. They are a little higher in price than others, but well worth the cost.
- Rodenhiser Home ServicesBoth Rodenheiser employees were polite and courteous. They listened attentively and I was given a full explanation of work performed. Incredibly nice experience
- SilaExcellent. Received a call by 9 AM and was told someone could be at my house by noon. Then, the office called to confirm the time and informed me of the plumber's name. We discussed the problem, and I was actually happy when I found out I could actually replace the toilet - since it was quite old. The work was completed by midday in a very professional way. I was very pleased with the work and will definitely use this company again. I am not sure about the total price - it might have been high - but not unreasonable
- Baker Elman PlumbingOverall satisfied with the way the team handled the problem, which is that of intermittent temperature fluctuations at the shower. (We initially had a boiler service call from a different company, and that other company had concluded that the shower temperature control (Symmons Temptrol) was the only issue.) Susan and Lisa were professional and helpful in scheduling the work and notifying us just before the plumber(s) arrival on the day of the repair. John and Smith repaired the shower control (the issue that had been diagnosed by the other company). After the repair, we found that hot water continued to be intermittent... The following is what impressed us: John and Smith returned same day to further check temperatures existing at the boiler, a sink fixture, as a consistent temp, but fluctuated over a short period of time. (Time to call the boiler company again...
- Rodenhiser Home ServicesPlumbing work went very well. But we asked to re-silicone our shower unit and the door hardware was damaged in the process. It was action above expectations so we're not complaining, but we paid for it and are still awaiting replacement hardware to use the shower. Other than that, the work was done professionally and cheerfully. Other than the shower issue, the work was a 5
- Rodenhiser Home ServicesVery well like always. I recommend them for important repairs or jobs. We've had so many rip off jobs and I never have to worry with their work. But be ready to pay up!!! I recommend purchasing your own parts prior to the repair vist save some money.
- Baker Elman PlumbingI was completely satisfied. Quick service, and the tech was friendly, responsive and professional. When I initially called with my problem, they were completely honest with me, that was the contributing factor to go with them. I will most definitely employ them with all my future needs!
- Baker Elman PlumbingThe plumber was very professional and efficient. He removed our old garbage disposal and installed a new one in approx. 30 min.
- Baker Elman PlumbingWork was done very professionally. Baker-Ulman plumbers came on time and got the job done efficiently. They were very neat and cleaned up after the job. I would not hesitate to hire them again.
Plumbers in Cambridge
- Business Description:Papalia Home Services is a company focused on customer satisfaction. Your feedback is important, please let us know what we have done well and where we can improve. Customer service, training, and follow through are where we excel. We have received numerous awards acknowledging our excellent customer service and care for our customer's most valued possession, their home. We are a Trane Comfort Specialist, Mitsubishi Diamond Elite Dealer and Navien Service Specialist which requires us to maint..Recent Review:Excellent service, quick response, great guy! Affordable!Lorna M.
- Business Description:Hi, I’m Andrew Collins the owner/operator of AMC Mechanical. I am licensed and insured with ten years of experience in the industry. I’ve worked on both commercial and high end residential sides of the business as well as project management. I am committed in earning an A+ reputation in the greater Boston area and will do anything in need to leave you a happy and satisfied customer. AMC Mechanical specializes in residential bathroom and kitchen remodels, water heater and boiler replacements..Recent Review:Andrew is extremely professional, reliable, knowledgable and effecient. I highly recommend him! A+++++++Robin P.
- Business Description:We are a small, yet well-established company specializing in residential plumbing and heating service, installs and repairs. We do not currently offer Air Conditioning service. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.orgRecent Review:A pleasure to work with, Always done rightAmanda N.
- Business Description:With over 14 years of professional plumbing & contracting experience, S.S. Piping is the most comprehensive, client-focused home service company with a process driven team who are committed to excellence and a passion for serving others! We earn your trust by educating our clients on the right options and working in the best interest of every customer! Our goal is to exceed your expectations and provide an elite experience that feels right because you know it's right! Contact us today, we..Recent Review:Neo did an excellent job replacing the pedestal sink in our very old condo. He left the area very clean. He was quick to respond to our questions before and after the work and was always courteous.Ison K.
- Business Description:Formerly: Peter Theriault Plumbing and Heating email@example.com Also located at: 1 Summit Tower Reading, MA 01867
- Business Description:We are a Melrose/Malden, MA-based family run Heating, Cooling and Plumbing Company. We have built a reputation for quality, reliability and total customer satisfaction. Our service is flexible and customized to meet your needs, whatever your requirements. We warranty all our workmanship. All our technicians are factory-trained, licensed, and insured. When you call our offices, we know we have to earn your trust by doing the work right. We’re honored to serve you and this community. Let us hel..Recent Review:We hired Evolved to install an electric heat pump at our house in Medford in May 2021. Although there were a few minor hiccups during installation (their truck did some minor damage to our house, and the tech tried to install the outdoor unit on a plastic base rather than the concrete pad included in their quote) Evolved resolved both of those issues to our satisfaction and I don’t hold either honest mistake against them. The real problems came later. First: it came to light that Evolved installed our system without obtaining permits. They eventually rectified this after months of hounding. Unfortunately, I believe the excuse they gave because no one would concoct a lie that makes them sound this inept: they submitted the permit application to the wrong city, and didn’t notice that it wasn’t granted before starting work. Second, Evolved misrepresented our eligibility for the MassSave rebate program. Their quote listed an AHRI reference number which indicated that we’d be eligible for a $700 rebate, but our application for the rebate was rejected. Why? Because the equipment Evolved installed didn’t match the reference number on the quote. The SUZ-KA36NAH2 listed in the AHRI database would have been eligible, but the SUZ-KA36NAHZ they actually installed is not. Their GM has continued to insist that MassSave or the AHRI listing must be wrong (this is unfortunately not supported by any documentation from Mitsubishi), and at this point I’ve given up on getting any kind of a resolution to the rebate problem. In short, I cannot recommend Evolved on the basis of our experience, and the overwhelmingly positive reviews are frankly mind boggling. Find someone betterCarl T.
- Business Description:When it comes to great service for your home or business, it doesn't get better than the professionalism and dedication of Rodenhiser. It's an unsurpassed level of service built on a promise that ensures you get the very best - when you call Rodenhiser your satisfaction is guaranteed. With 90+ years of delighted residential and commercial clients, you can be sure that it's a promise that Rodenhiser delivers on every day. Additional contact name - Jon Manna. Additional phone - (508) 306-4845Recent Review:They had to order a part over a month ago. I have called and they were supposed to get back to me about the status but have not. I realize things are delayed but they should communicate that to me.Joe B.
- Business Description:We are a small family Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Construction Services company based in Belmont, MA. We usually provide most services "in house" and subcontract services such as electrical, plastering, floors and painting at times. By doing most of the work "in House" we can keep quality and budget under control while keeping the construction process "steamlined". We can handle large jobs such as home building down to small kitchen and bathroom renovations and repairs. We pri..Recent Review:After getting the run around from multiple other providers, I spoke to Tom and he pulled one of his workers off another job to come to our house within an hour (during a nor'easter). When the initial repair did not solve the problem and the heat died again in the middle of the night, I called Tom at 7am and he had the same guy come back around 8am. After troubleshooting, he found the root of the problem as the gas inlet valve. Another guy from Fotis tracked down the part and brought it to our place, and the furnace was fixed (hopefully for good) within an hour. Tom was super responsive, and the repair guys were very professional and COVID-safe. We were not charged for the first day of service since that did not solve the problem, and were only charged for the second day and parts. Will definitely call Tom Fotis for any future workAnnie C.
- Business Description:Baker Elman Plumbing has now partenered with Accurate Heating and Air Conditioning to provide a wider range of HVAC, plumbing and electrical services. Look for us as Accurate Baker Elman. We have over 76 years of experience as full service plumbing specialists offering high-quality workmanship and we are now excited to start offering heating and air conditioning solutionsRecent Review:Dishonest company that wanted to sell me a completely new heating system on the lie that my boiler was irreparably broken. Ion came out for an emergency visit over a weekend when we had no hot water and was able to tell me the system was in bad need of a cleaning as it was overrun with soot. I paid for the emergency visit, and was grateful to have the assurance we were not in danger, but no actual work was done. Ion then no showed on the scheduled appointment time the following Monday, and I had to call the office, where it was confirmed that my visit was never added to the calendar.. I am giving 2 stars because the ladies I spoke to in the office - Kathleen and Lisa - were courteous, patient and lovely to deal with. Ion finally came out Tuesday, with one other person. He started to vaccum the boiler and quickly brought me over to show me white specks in the soot, explaining that these were "shards of metal from what has to be a broken heat exchanger" and said he will see what they find when they complete the cleaning. I gave them space to work. In about 90 minutes, the techs tried to turn on the boiler and it released smoke again. At that point, they came upstairs and told me that there was nothing else that could be done for the boiler and a complete heating system replacement was my only option. I asked if Ion was 100% sure and clarified if this was due to a cracked heat exchanger, and Ion confirmed it. Within minutes, he was measuring spaces in the wall and telling me about forced air system options and the rebates and financing I could receive from MassSave. If Ion would have followed up with the estimate that night, like he said he would, it would have been likely that I would have hired Affiliate Baker Ellman to do the work right away - that is how desperate I was to get hot water back. I am a single mom, it is COVID times and one of my children is too young for the vaccine. Ion and I talked about these factors, and he seemed sympathetic, but also quick to take advantage. Fast forward 2 days, Ion still had failed to provide any written estimates, and I had done my own research and was ready to move forward with a propane install. I called a different HVAC co and instead of just proceeding with giving me an estimate for propane install, the technician got curious about the boiler and after looking at it, confirmed that the heat exchanger was indeed intact, and that the cleaning that was done by Affiliate Baker Ellman was only partially done. The system was still filthy (pics attached) and I had paid Baker Ellman a total of $600 to date. Worse, the heat exchanger info was blatantly incorrect, because it was explained to me by the other tech that in the case of this, water would be leaking from the boiler, and Ion never even turned the water off. I tried to speak to Affiliate Baker Ellman and request a refund of the non-emergency visit, but was ultimately mansplained and talked over by the supervisor there, who basically denied that the heat exchanger info was communicated as it was, as if he was here when it happened, or a homeowner like me with no knowledge around HVAC would be able to make up a story about a heat exchanger. I am disputing the charge with my bank and have a complaint on file with the Attorney General's office. Please be careful and check in on any older folks and single moms you know - companies are talking advantage!!Maria V.
- Business Description:Morris Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to be Essex County’s most trusted HVAC team since 1998. Whether you need AC or heater maintenance, repairs, or complete replacements and new installations, the local company can handle it. Expect quality work and customer care every time. Morris Heating & Air Conditioning responds quickly, arrives as scheduled, and leaves no mess behind. Additionally, the company is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any emergency heating or cooling in Ipswi..
Deals in Cambridge for Plumbing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
Backflow preventers stop contaminated water from being siphoned back into the water supply when pressure changes. See where you might need a backflow prevention system in your home to protect your family’s water.
Bidets? Warming? Music players? You only think you know about the future of the humble toilet seat. Before you invest in yet another standard toilet seat, check out these eight smart toilet seats that will take your commode to a whole new level.
Find Plumbers in
- Mission Hill
- Brookline Village
- East Boston
- Chestnut Hill
- South Boston
- Jamaica Plain
- West Newton
Plumbers in Cambridge
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1-800-BUSYDOGPO Box 920624
- 199619 Washburn St
East Weymouth, Massachusetts
- 2 Rivers Contracting & Services IncPO Box 1512
- 24/7 Plumbers in Andover1 Dundee Park Dr
- 24/7 Plumbers in Beverly380 Cabot St
- 24/7 Plumbers in Boston96 Business St
- 24/7 Plumbers in Burlington1 North Ave
- 24/7 Plumbers in Concord747 Main St
- 24/7 Plumbers in Lexington29 Hartwell Ave
- 24/7 Plumbers in Mansfield171 Forbes Boulevard
- 24/7 Plumbers in Newton112 Needham St
- 24/7 Plumbers in Norton253 Mansfield Ave
- 24/7 Plumbers in Plymouth118 Long Pond Rd
- 24/7 Plumbers in Reading580 Main St
- 24/7 Plumbers in Wellesley10 Prescott St
- 24/7 Plumbers in Worcester1191 Millbury St
- 3G's Construction57 E Central St 2
- 4 Seasons PlumbingP.O. Box 774
- 781 Plumbing Corp.140 Kennedy Drive
- 911 Restoration of Boston83 Morse St
- A & A PLUMBINGPO Box 441310
- A & J PLASTERING11 WOODBINE ST
- A Custom CoPO Box 111
- A D CONSTRUCTION LLC1750 Washington St Suite B1
- A F Ventolieri Plumbing & Heating519 Albany St, Suite 103
- A I RUSSELL CO INC2 OAKLAND ST
- A J Wood Construction Inc337 Haverhill Rd 337 Haverhill Rd.
Chester, New Hampshire
- A JULIAN PLUMBINGNEW ADD 35 KINGSBURY RD
- A M CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INC52 NANTASKET AVE
- A Pelosi Plumbing & Heating38 Emerald Rd
- A plus maintenance
- A Plus Plumbing & Heating15 Hancock st
- A Pro Rooter24 South St
- A Romano Co Inc66 Amelia Pl
- A-1 NEW & USED PLUMBING & HTG30 PROSPECT ST
- A. Julian Plumbing & Heating35 Kingsbury Rd
- A.L.I. Plumbing Services64 Fairview Ave
Nashua, New Hampshire
- A.R.T. Home Solutions598 Beacon St.
- A1 NEW AND USED PLUMBING AND HEATING SUPPLIES30 PROSPECT ST
- AA Contracting7 Liberty Lane
- AAA GENERAL CONTRACTING INCPO Box 615
East Hampstead, New Hampshire
- AAA MAINTENANCE SOLUTIONS INC225 STEDMAN ST
- aaa radiator enclosures163 Beech Ave
- Aaron Melville322 W 4th St N
- Aaron Plumbing, Heating and ContractingPO Box 80250
- ABA General Contractors91 Everit Ave
- ABACUS BUILDERS190 old colony ave
- Abacus Plumbing & Heating17 Beck Rd
- Abington Plumbing & Heating1133 Washington St
- Abington Plumbing Heating & Cooling140 Brockton Ave.
- Abington Sewer Service1420 Bedford St.
- Able Restoration Inc170 Oak Hill Way
- Above Quality Plumbing & Heating40 Eaton Rd
- ABS DRAIN9 ESSEX ST
- Absolute Home Comfort151 Veterans Rd.
- Absolute Precision Plumbing, Heating & Cooling5 Wildwood Rd
- Absolute Water System LLC100 Shirking Rd
Epping, New Hampshire
- Accurate Heat-Air Services, Inc120 Grove St
- ACE Handyman Services of Greater Boston401 Lowell St Ste 2
- ACTION PLUMBING64 CONWELL AVE
- Adams Street Plumbing272 Adams St.
- Adaptations Unlimited25 Fox Run Rd
Newington, New Hampshire
- ADD EQUITY HOME IMPROVEMENT LLC23 MAPLE SPRING DRIVE
- Adrian Construction Company1 Garrett Dr
- Ads On Wheels, Inc.10 Cotton Rd
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Advanced Energy Concepts151 - 2 SOUTHBRIDGE ST
- Advanced Energy Ltd77 Davis Ave
- Advanced Mechanical Systems IncPO Box 843
- Advantage III Plumbing and Heating562 Shirley St
- Affordable Cabinet Refacing18 Dundee Park # 10
- Affordable Construction27 Norwood Street
Suite 348, Massachusetts
- Affordable Drain Flow60 Lawrence Avenue
- Affordable Services LLC22 Roosevelt Ave.
- AFTER HOURS DRAIN SERVICEPO BOX 760
- AG - Remodeling & Construction28 Suffield St. #2
- Ahern Contracting Corp4 Eliot Street
- AICA Plumbing/HVAC Systems583 Riverside Ave
- Aidan Tierney plumbing & heating inc19 Westmoreland st
- Aklit Plumbing & Heating55 Alpena Ave
- ALBA CONSTRUCTION70 Ardale St
- Albert W. Chepulis23 Rock St
- Alcantara Contractor407R Mystic Ave Unit 36A
- Alewife Plumbing254 Prospect St
- Alex Rooter112 Chestnut St
- Aliston Plumbing and Heating340 N Harvard St
- All Bases Covered Heating & AC1 Russell Calvin Dr
- All Drain Service IncPO Box 130
- All Hours Plumbing Heating & A/C4126 S 4900 W
Salt Lake City, Utah
- All Phase Remodeling343 Main St
- All Phases Plumbing and HeatingPO Box 194
- ALL SEASONS HOME REMODELING369 SOMERVILLE AVE
- Allan Kitchen Gallery1033 Turnpike St Rte138
- Allen Plumbing & Heating Inc112 Albion St
- Alley St Plumbing and Heating35 Alley St
- ALLPRO Handyman Service & Home Improvement60 Annafran St
- Allson Sewer Cleaners281 Western Ave
- Allston Plumbing201 Cambridge St
- Allston Plumbing & Heating259 Cambridge St.
- Allston Sewer & Drain229 Brighton Ave.
- ALTA CONSTRUCTION329 Summit AV 16
- A & A PLUMBING