For your family’s safety, you don’t want to have a smoke alarm malfunction at the moment when you need it most. Find out how long smoke detectors last, how often to test and replace them, and the time investment needed to maintain them.
Get matched with top water and fire damage restoration in Harlan, IA
There are 6 highly-rated local water and fire damage restoration.
Recent Water Damage Restoration Reviews in Harlan
- Hamilton Restoration LLCVery well! Prompt, courteous, and knew how to deal with our insurance company so it all went smoothly.
- Hamilton Restoration LLCI’d highly recommend Hamilton Restoration! They were professional, friendly, and responded quickly to our issue.
- Bailey DemolitionJake and his crew did an excellent job removing mold on wet trim/dry wall and drying out my basement.
- Spot On ConstructionThey listened and care about what you want. They worked very well with the insurance company. They always answered their phone, cleaned up their mess. It was a very very good experience.
- Sharp Carpet & Air Duct CleaningHave to say Sharp Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning and its owner Joel has been one of the best experiences I have had with a service provider ever. He was able to work around our schedule and answered all questions we had about the services, especially since I have never had air ducts cleaned before. The air quality in the house has definitely improved and the carpets look amazing. Huge thank you goes out to Tim, the lead technician, and to his assistant for doing a very high quality job on the air duct cleaning and carpet cleaning. Even Joel, the owner, stopped by the house to check on the progress of the work and even jumped in to help clean carpets for two of the rooms. Highly recommend this to anybody who needs their carpets and air ducts cleaned. The only snag we had was the final invoice written by the technician was missing some details and deals discussed with Joel during the estimate meeting. Big props go to him for taking the time to do the estimate, don't know too many company owners that will do this let alone stop by and see how the service is going. All was righted that same day and the cost difference was returned to me. Will definitely be using Sharp Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning in the future
- Texas Dry Out & RestorationI contacted Francois Newkirk, the owner/operator of Texas Dry Out and Restoration, based on his impeccable reviews on Angie's List; he has exceeded my expectations in almost every way and helped my wife and I recover our investment property from the devastating effects of a leak in an A/C drain line that ran through the attic. I should probably mention that we are not real estate investors by choice; we opted to lease out our home in Austin instead of selling when professional opportunities led us to move to Iowa two years ago (in 2011) in the midst of the financial melt-down and real estate market collapse. Our tenants called us in July of 2012 to report water pooling in the master bedroom closet of our rental property. Having dealt with previous water issues, we immediately called both a plumber and our insurance company. The representative the insurance company sent discovered mold inside the walls of the closet, which abuts the master bathroom shower. That shower is original to the home, which was built in the 1950s. As a result of this discovery, our insurance company refused to refer us to a mitigation company, pointing us instead to a state of Texas website for licensed mold remediation experts. That showed us who was qualified to do the work, but not who would do an excellent job. We turned to Angie's List to find a provider and are glad that we did. Francois Newkirk was the highest-rated mold remediation expert on the site and has been a pleasure to work with over the course of what became a 9-month remediation and restoration project. Francois went above and beyond to explain to me in detail what the remediation process would entail, what portions of it were attributable to water loss versus mold (this was important to our insurance company), and how to prevent future issues. Francois was not only extremely knowledgeable on how to mitigate water and mold damage, he was also exceptionally astute at helping us manage our claim with our insurance provider, USAA. Francois has worked extensively with USAA in the past and even knew the adjuster who had been assigned to our claim. Unfortunately, this also meant that he knew this particular adjuster would not be easy to work with. I soon found myself calling the City of Austin for detailed information on the residential construction code to support various aspects of our insurance claim (e.g. the removal and capping of a gas bathroom heater that was not properly vented and was in violation of the residential code - this qualified for insurance coverage because of allowances in our policy for improvements that bring the areas affected by our claim up to code). Eventually, we were able to get our claim reassigned to another adjuster and the difference was night and day. The second adjuster was much less combative and much more accommodating. Francois helped me navigate all of this. Our combined effort forced USAA to ultimately address the entirety of the loss, not just the superficial/cosmetic aspects. The difference was an initial claim of $5k and a final claim totaling nearly $35k. Francois helped me understand the full extent of the water damage to my home and ultimately forced USAA to additionally acknowledge that the work it's recommended service provider had done a year ago to mitigate a leak from a hot water heater connection that had failed had been inadequate. Throughout this entire process, Francois has held himself to the highest levels of professionalism. I can say unequivocally that Francois is honest and transparent in a way that is refreshing, having now worked with many contractors and tradesmen. Francois is prompt, thorough, and very good at setting expectations. Francois is so good at what he does because he focuses on his passion and his strengths: water mitigation, mold remediation, and insurance claim negotiation. My only regret in this whole process has been the sub-contractor that Francois and I hired to perform the build-back of and improvements to the property (RBS Services Company). Francois recommended this sub-contractor and I have no doubt that he has done excellent work in the past. I think our timing was bad, however. With the Austin real estate market booming, it appears that Ron Sevier (the principal at RBS) has been taking on more projects than he can handle; he delegated our project to his son, whose work was unimpressive. Ultimately, we released RBS from the project and brought in another contractor, who was able to complete the project to the standard we had initially expected. Francois worked with us to make this transition possible from both a contractual and a financial perspective. While the change resulted in lost time, we were still able to complete the project within our overall budget. Since completing our recovery from the 2012 water damage in Austin, our home in Iowa experienced flooding in the finished basement when the town sewerage system overflowed from heavy rains. We were away for a holiday weekend when this happened; by the time we got home all the local service providers were completely booked and unavailable. So ... I called Francois. Francois gave me detailed, step-by-step instructions (including what materials to use) to initially mitigate the water damage myself and minimize the damage to our home. If it isn't obvious enough already, I wholeheartedly endorse Francois. If you have the misfortune of having to deal with water and mold damage in your home, I at least hope you might have the opportunity to work with someone as professional and caring as Francois
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water CleanupLabor day weekend and we had a toilet back up. Sewage all over our powder room and hallway floor. Worked on it through the day and finally called Roto Rooter at night. After spending time and working hard trying to clear the deain, the gentleman called for help. With lots if high tech instruments, the found where the problem was and how to fix it. Note that this was in the middle of the night on a holiday weekend. A big job, Roto Rooter completed it in a few days (after the weekend) including significant cleanup. They also helped with Insurance claims through the process
- PuroClean Disaster ServicesPuroclean was available right away which was hugely appreciated with a time sensitive flood. They explained the process and evaluated, sanitized and dried everything very thoroughly. They did an excellent job; couldn't recommend them more highly.
- Kenney Property SvcKenneys has been working with us for several years & we are very satisfied. They are always pleasant & professional & willing to assist us with any needs.
- Maxim Cleaning & Restoration Inc.Great. They came out right away, made repeat visits until we were dried out, and did a fantastic job. Very professional. Note: We had no smoke damage, but your options below only have "water and smoke" damage and no option for "water" damage. I was not able to write in my own option.
Water Damage Restoration Services in Harlan
- Business Description:American Water Damage provides emergency services to commercial & residential properties after water-related disasters like floods, sewage backup, broken pipes as well as bio-hazard cleanup and mold remediation. To mitigate total cost and damage, our emergency crews respond around the clock to clean, deodorize, and dry damaged property. This work prepares the property for the post-mitigation repairs. The outcome is the most efficient return to business-as-usual for the property. Specialties W..Recent Review:We paid $1300 for tear out of part of a wall, taking out a wall-length workbench, tear out of ceiling drywall where the duct work was, and mitigation. We paid $1700 for the remediation. The insulation/drywall contractor did a great job. I would give her a plug, but can't remember her name. I did have to buy a higher quality paint, though, since the contractor's choice wouldn't cover the hideous pink garage walls we had. While Alan gave the estimates, Terry supervised the work. I am satisfied with amount and quality of work for the price. We needed the work done ASAP and they compliedPaul O.
- Business Description:Apex Services is Owned & operated by Bruce & Marnie Starkey. We opened in 2003 offering omaha & surrounding communities the finest cleaning & restoration services available. IICRC/ Clean trust certified master textile cleaner, master water restorer, and master fire & smoke restorer on every job. We offer FREE on stie quotes for cleaning services. Payment methods accepted- cash, check, any major credit card, billing, direct insurance claims, & special terms available. Various discounts av..Recent Review:It went good they got the stained out of my carpet. I recommend them to a lot of people and to my friends too.Deb S.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated. Angie's List Super Service Award winner. Only the Top 5% of contractors receive this award. We have been working in the Omaha community since 1997 and now have the opportunity to serve you as Power Crew. We have formed this company to do something that no other electrical contractor in Omaha had done yet; specialize and use the majority of our resources to serve Omaha’s homeowners to meet all of your residential electrical needs exclusively for electrical service and..Recent Review:Power Crew was great! We had them perform some work yesterday. Very professional and courteous. I was notified when the service tech was going to arrive with his name and photo. I will hire them again and recommend them to my family and friends. Thanks JasonBrad E.
- Business Description:We are a small company with low overhead, so our prices are not as much as the big companies. We do flood damage restoration, carpet stretching, and carpet install and repairs. We also do demolition, removal, structural drying, mold remediation and pet odor removal. I inspect everything before ever asking for payment. We accept check or cash or credit card for payment. We offer a 15% discount for all military and seniorsRecent Review:These guys are great. Very easy to talk to and deal with, fast and punctual, fair prices too.Kyle B.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Aabex Contracting. We have been improving homes for over 20 years providing indoor and outdoor, quality house restoration. We repair or replace anything and strive to provide the highest quality of work performed in the area! We are licensed, insured and located in Omaha, Nebraska. We use nothing but the best products at the least expensive costRecent Review:They painted our house, replaced siding and wood that were in poor shape, caulked nail holes and other spots. They were on time, worked hard when they were here, acted professionally. The owner of the paint company came by 3-4 times daily while the crew was working. The owner of the paint company explained exactly what they were going to do and why. When the process was done, he showed the finished projectJanette M.
- Business Description:AGR Roofing and Construction is an experienced exterior company trusted by countless homeowners since 2004. AGR offers a wide variety of products and services, to include; Residential installs and Repair, Commercial installations, Storm damage restoration and insurance repair, as well as Siding and Gutter installation. All of our project managers are fully qualified and trained, and will assist you throughout the construction process. With years of experience, AGR is able to provide a roofin..Recent Review:AGR is the company that we decided to use after a huge storm blew through and destroyed our roof, gutters, and siding. Zach came out with the insurance adjustor and made sure to point out every little detail that needed to be addressed. Zach took tons of pictures for proof, all while stating it was some of the worst damage he had ever seen and no one would believe him without the pictures. They worked with insurance to make sure everything was noted and in the claim as needed. The work began almost immediately, while the other houses around us were still waiting for insurance to start. Our new roof was installed only a couple weeks later and looks amazing! We had a black roof installed, and they even went above and beyond and painted our vent pipes black to make sure nothing looked "out of place". And that is one of the many things I would have never thought about. Zach came out each time the crew was here (2.5 hour drive) to make sure they were handling everything with care and doing exactly as Zach and I had discussed. One of the best parts of the roof replacement was how clean the crew left my house. They did 2 sweeps to make sure everything was picked up. Now, of course, nothing is 100%, but I would say they went above and beyond to ensure they got everything they physically could. After that, was the siding; Zach told me it would more than likely be a few weeks to order materials, and the next day, a delivery truck was here. When inspecting the material, we noticed it was the wrong color and sent pictures to Zach. He said he would take care of it, and he did. The crew arrived a week later and Zach brought all the right colors with him and took the wrong back with him. The siding took a few days to install, which is normal, but the crew was here sun up to sun down. Trying their hardest to make everything look perfect. They were not shy about asking a question or two to make sure it was the way we wanted. Not just throw it up and call it good. Very impressed with that. They were also very good at cleaning up after themselves, and it is a very messy job and has a lot of little cuts and such along the way. They even put siding boxes around all hose bibs, lights, and outlets. Not something that is required, or that I had before, but something Zach called "his standard". Just the little things that make it a great experience. When the siding crew told Zach that they did not install windows, Zach didn't bat an eye, and jumped in and installed the window himself. Not something he had to do, he could have called the office and scheduled someone to come out later, but decided it best to get it done then and there. The gutter crew came on a Saturday around 9 am, and were gone before noon. It was amazing how fast they were able to do everything and make it looks amazing! The house looks like a brand new house from the outside. It looks 10 times better than I could have ever imagined. We have had many compliments on the new look and are very happyDustin R.
- Business Description:As one of the Omaha's best carpet cleaning companies, Kenney Property Services does more than just clean. ~ Carpet Cleaning ~ Home and Apartment Cleaning ~ Carpet Repairs and Installation ~ Emergency Water Extraction ~ Maid Services ~ Maintenance Assistance Customer Commitment With a 100% Satisfaction money back guarantee. Kenney Property Services goes above and beyond to make their clients happy. With kind hard working employees with strong core values. Kenney Property Services will be the f..Recent Review:done with speed, quality and reliability.GARY H.
- Business Description:We are the leaders in Grout and Tile restoration and repair. Utilizing the latest technology and products we seek to maintain the highest standards of service and professionalism in our industry. The Grout Medic specializes in performing services on your existing grout and tile surfaces. Each Grout Medic technician is trained to evaluate your needs, and prescribe and perform the procedures for you in a professional and courteous manner while exceeding your expectations. At The Grout Medic, we..Recent Review:Very nice work. Rather expensive at nearly $100 an hour.Tammy M.
- Business Description:Local Expert Water, Fire, Smoke and Mold Restoration in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Call for fast, local 24x7 response.Recent Review:Avoid these people!!!!!! They are the worst. They tell you lie after lie and take forever to do the work. My insurance company called them in even though it was not in my best interest. I regret the day I let them in my front door, and I regret the day I let Allstate insure my houseMargaret M.
- Business Description:Stanley Steemer has been providing cleaning and restoration services for both residential and business customers for more than 60 years. They offer multiple services, including carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, hardwood floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning, air duct cleaning and water damage restoration servicesRecent Review:The accident happened on a weekend and their website promotes 24/7 hour service, so I called the number Sunday afternoon. Took me to a national customer service desk. They took all my information and said that someone locally would be calling me soon. Shot me an email that said "help is on the way." No response on Sunday. Got another email Monday morning..help is on the way. Called the local number Monday morning but it went directly to national. Finally got a call late Monday afternoon, by that time I had long connected with someone else who did a great job. Seems to be poor communication between national and local office or poor responsiveness from local officeMerlyn K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful water damage restoration service articles
Getting ready for a trip? Don’t let water damage wreak havoc on your home while you’re away. With a few simple precautionary measures, you can help prevent flooding and potential leaks. We’ll cover how to prevent water leaks in your home here.
Whether coming from a hurricane or a leaky pipe, water damage is always a headache. Follow our top tips, however, and you’ll be on the road to restoring your home and furniture—and leaving the worst behind you before you know it.
Find water and fire damage restoration in
- Elk Horn
- Missouri Valley
water and fire damage restoration in Harlan
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A1 Mold Testing & Remediation Services12020 Shamrock Plz Ste 250
- Aabex Contracting Services6403 S 177th St
- Affordable Drainage Systems Inc275 Highview Rd
- AGR Roofing & Construction348 N 76th St
- All Care Inc1080 Saltillo Rd
- American Water Damage6109 N 89th Cir
- APEX SERVICESP.O. BOX 12023
- AROUND THE CLOCK CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING12510 S 124TH AVE
- A1 Mold Testing & Remediation Services
- Extreme Property Renovation516 6th St
- Extreme Property Renovation
- furniture medic8916 H St
- furniture medic
- Kenney Property Svc12126 Roberts Rd
La Vista, Nebraska
- Kenney Property Svc
- M&K Blasting and Coatings Removal Specialists27722 Normandy Rd.
- M&K Blasting and Coatings Removal Specialists
- Schaecher Construction403 Des Moines St
- Servicemaster10930 J St
- SERVPRO1881 HIGHWAY 4
- SERVPRO of Council Bluffs/Missouri Valley190 Colfax St
- Simply Clean and Restoration, LLC1770 Lainson Ave
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Stanley Steemer of Omaha8950 J St
- STEAMCO2601 HANSCOM BLVD
- Synergy Roofing Group6323 Evans Street
- Schaecher Construction
- The Grout Medic - Omaha4822 So 160th St.
- The Grout Medic - Omaha
- Zerorez of Omaha10533 Chandler Rd 105
La Vista, Nebraska
- Zerorez of Omaha