If you want to tear down a building, deconstruction can be a better option than demolition. Deconstruction is environmentally friendly, can help the community, and save your money. Learn how to deconstruct a house step-by-step.
Get matched with top home builders in Harlan, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Harlan
- Platinum SolutionsIt was a reasonable price, done on time and communicate effectively. I was happy with the work product. I used them 3 times and highly recommend them.
- Premier Countertops IncAll work provided by Premier has always gone smoothly and on time. I always enjoy working with Casey and Lori. I would highly recommend for any size job.
- Premier Countertops IncIt went great. Despite the circumstances, they made it an enjoyable and smooth process. They addressed all my concerns and it was a good experience. The place is just beautiful. Everyone that comes over always comments that they can't believe there is something like this in Omaha, Nebraska.
- SIEBLER BUILDING CO INCWe went back and forth with several editions of blue prints and finally settled on a final version. Construction began and the builder was ever-present. Change orders were accommodated in an orderly manner and we knew the cost prior to commencement of the change. Absolutely detail oriented; pickier than I am. If I were building again, I would use Siebler Building Co. again read less
- Richard C Morford ConstructionI first contacted the contractor in the latter part of September and he said he could start the job in the early part of October. The contractor recontacted me in early October and the job got started in the second week of October and was finished, due to adverse weather conditions, in the third week of October. I considered this to be very timely, especially since the contractor was working on other projects and it was late in the year for me to be contacting a contractor to do concrete work. Even though, I was not quite sure of how I wanted the new stoop and step to the front entrance of my home to be structured, due to the contactor's extensive experience in his trade he was able to advise me as to how the stoop and step could be properly structured and the finished stoop, step and sidewalk section came out quite well read less
- J & T ConstructionWithin a week after bidding the project, they came and measured the project. While we finished demolishing the old structure and removing the debris (finished April 10, 2014) they were busy building walls in their shop to erect on site. 4 days later (on Monday, April 14, 2014) they were here bright and early repairing foundation and Tuesday, April 15, began putting them up! Now starting the 4th week, and with 4 or 5 rain days in between, they have exterior and interior walls erected (2 stories), sheathed, roof trusses up, sheathed and papered, stairway to the 2nd floor nearly completed, and house wrapped in Tyvek air infiltration barrier. Tomorrow they will begin to install windows. The quality is very excellent, they are very efficient, easy to work with (I made changes to the plan a few times), jovial and super nice guys - it's only a 2 man team. All the rooms are exactly the right size, square, and level. I am very impressed with their work. The new house is 1638 square feet 3 bedrooms, single story on each end, and 2 story in the center with the 3rd bedroom upstairs and has a balcony overlooking the living room. The main floor also has an office for my business, decently large rooms (each of the main floor bedrooms is 12 x 12 feet, living room is 12 x 15 feet not including the stairway.) If anyone needs a house or other building constructed, J & T Construction is the very best, cost is very reasonable ($31.32 per square foot - plus materials). You'll get very high quality and fast reliable work putting it up!! read less
- Ramm ConstructionTed and Jerry Ramm were very easy to work with and did a great job. I had a million questions prior to and during construction and Ted was very patient with me. We asked for a lot of modifications and upgrades to the model, mostly to accommodate our large family. They were able to incorporate all of them beautifully and finished the house on time except for a 2 week delay due to extreme weather. I thought some of the upgrades were a little pricey but in the end, it was all worth it. We've lived here for 2 years now and still love our house. Only significant problem was a leaky master shower which caused ceiling damage on the floor below, but Jerry and his crew were very responsive and attentive to this - figured it out, fixed the leak and repaired the ceiling to perfection. Several other homes in our neighborhood were also built by Ramm, including our neighbors' house - they wrote a letter praising Ramm and recommending them before we built our house, and we relied, in part, on that letter in deciding to go with Ramm. Our realtor also had spoken very highly of them read less
- B & B CONCRETE CONSTRUCTIONWe are very happy and love our home. The cost was great and the company handled everything. We were very surprised that we didn't have to hire anyone else to do anything, they did it all. The job they did on the landscaping was excellent and it looks beautiful.
- M & H ConstructionGOOD JOB OVERALL WE ARE VERY PLEASED. DON'T HIRE HIS PLUMBER THO HARRIS PLUMBING RUINED EVERYTHING HE TOUCHED AND DID NOT FINISH ONE JOB CORRECTLY.
- Opie's Construction & RoofingHe poured the footing for the addition, framed the enclosure, and roofed it. He did not do the interior finish carpentry work - I have someone else doing that. He worked closely with the city code inspector, and satisfied all local requirements. He did all this in 8 working days. This project was a very pleasant experience for us read less
House Builders in Harlan
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Premier Countertops is a family-owned and operated business with over 30 years of industry experience. We specialize in countertop fabrication and installation, however, we’re so much more than countertops. Our certified and experienced design staff will help you design or remodel your entire kitchen or bathroom. We understand that you have a choice when it comes to your home remodel. That’s why we constantly strive to provide the highest level of quality in both our products and our customer.. read lessRecent Review:I made a big mistake by going with Premier Countertops. The front office service was unprofessional and taking the issues to the owner made it only worse. It took them 5 months to complete our project with lame excuses, multiple reminders and some unpleasant phone conversations. The workmanship of people they hired for granite installation is mediocre and messy, they wrecked the wooden flooring and appliances in our house and their excuse was that some collateral damage is expected because the granite we chose was pretty heavy. They chipped a large piece (about 3-4”) of the main island granite during transportation; we objected for its installation on arrival and we were promised that they’ll fix it like the original. Jarred tried his best to fix it but his best couldn’t fix the problem like original and we are living with it regretting every day. The owner didn’t take any responsibility neither for the damages to our house nor for the granite breakage. On the bright side, Cory installed the backsplash and he was very patient and did a tremendous job. Also people in the machine room were very patient and pleasant (the one star is for them). Overall, I do not recommend this business to my friend given what we had to go through dealing with them for five months. My advice is, if you have a beautiful house don’t take chances. In case you did go with them, don’t make the payment until the work is done as their response completely changes once you make the payment. If you have time to read further, the following are some specific examples of our customer experience. 1. They apparently have a policy requiring 100% payment at the time of signing the contract. I would have walked away as I don’t want to pay $15K upfront without seeing anything tangible, but they did accept my business with a 60% initial payment terms and the rest after completion. Later, when we reminded them for scheduling next steps, they were irritated citing the excuse that we didn’t pay the full amount. 2. When we asked for some take-home samples for color matching, they asked us to show our IDs. I reminded them that I already signed the contract, but they still insisted and finally she said “I’m letting you take the samples home as I’m in a good mood today”. That’s so unprofessional and rather insulting to the customer who trusted your business and paid 60% of the total project cost on day one. 3. The installers were instructed to collect the remaining 40% balance BEFORE granite installation, but as per the contract we would pay only AFTER the completion of the entire job including the backsplash work. When we called the owner, she insisted the full payment despite knowing the granite slab was chipped and damaged on arrival. They should trust the customer just the way the customer trusted them. 4. We took time off for three days to stay home and attend to the granite installation and they cancelled the work an hour before the scheduled time saying that the granite slabs didn’t arrive. That’s so lame as we did the slab view a week before in their workshop. When questioned, she immediately changed the excuse saying that ‘I was looking at a wrong folder, but it’s still cancelled as the installers are not available’. They have no respect for customer’s time and you need to oblige to their scheduling, or else things will get delayed for ever read lessBabu G.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR .. read lessRecent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repair read lessRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:We will take any job no job is to small or to large Residential and Commercial jobs are what we do.
- Business Description:Established in 1982, Skyline Roofing, Building Restoration and Construction is a company that upholds extremely high standards, providing you with the best services the industry has to offer, including: commercial and residential concrete and flat roofing, demolition and complete remodels and windows and gutters. Skyline works with your insurance companies to make the storm repair process pain free! We construct and restore buildings to admire! Now servicing the Midwest, including Nebraska, I.. read less
- Business Description:Here at Logan Construction our goal is to listen to our clients and to create, design and build their homes based on their needs and desires. We are capable of building many types of homes including energy efficient insulated concrete homes. We have over 20 years experience as custom home builders and eight years with ICF's. Our Insulated Concrete Form wall construction offers three times the insulating value of concrete block or wood frames, resulting in optimal energy efficiency and savi.. read less
- Business Description:We are a relationship based commercial general contractor in Lincoln, Nebraska. We also have an office in Omaha, Nebraska and serve the surrounding areas. We take pride in using innovative techniques to produce high quality, cost effective projects that are delivered on time. Our goal is to build long lasting relationships with our clients that continue to outlive any single project. We provide construction services including general construction, construction management, and design build pro.. read less
- Business Description:Additional name, email & phone number - Diane Walz, (608) 782-7663, email@example.com.Recent Review:Fastest response from anyone I called to get an estimate. Estimate was professional in a binder. Done within a week from estimate, delay was on my own part waiting for other bids to come in, and deciding on the color. Even went above and beyond and did a roofing section above a screen porch with left over materials. Looks great, leaned up well also read lessMarc S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
Need a little help learning how to price construction jobs? If you’re a general contractor looking for some guidance on how to win the bidding process and make more profit per job, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading for more.
Generating new leads is vital to the success of any contractor business. Whether you’re an electrician or plumber, new leads don’t have to be hard to come by. Learn how to grow your business in this guide for general contractors.
Find home builders in
- Elk Horn
- Missouri Valley
home builders in Harlan
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & A coating and Sandblasting2525 264th st
- A Mark of Integrity2317 15th ave no
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Abbott Construction Co3122 Pierce St
Sioux City, Iowa
- Advanced House Plans16920 Wright Plaza 162
- Affordable Closets20603 Elkhorn Drive
- American Heritage Restoration LLC3380 S Knox Ct
- APOLLO BUILDING CO18215 Sandy Pt
- Armstrong Construction314 Lantry St
- Astro Buildings1109 South 19th Street, Suite A
- Audino Frank Construction Inc2805 W 4th St
Sioux City, Iowa
- ayars enterprises9191 Ogden St
- A & A coating and Sandblasting
- Bennett's Construction205 Main St.
- Beyond Dreams Construction LLC14301 FNB Parkway 100
- Big Blue Construction2330 keystone dr suite 101
- Blackstone Renovations and Remodeling7340 Carson Rd
- Born Again Interiors522 Highview drv.
- Brincks Construction & Cabinet Co.413 E GROVE ST
- Brown Wegher Construction125 Gateway Dr
North Sioux City, South Dakota
- Buck VanderWilt Builders1012 4th Ave
- Building Ventures Inc.6671 Ridge Top Lane
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
- Bennett's Construction
- Cabinets By Stac508 W Sheridan Ave
- Camenzind Homes10406 State St.
- CFS Insurance & Notary Services, Inc.3872 State Highway 64 W
- Christian Bros. Excavating L.C.2070 485th Street
Sioux Rapids, Iowa
- City Builders2009 Center St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Classic Contractorsp.o. Box 245
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
- Cleary Building - Fremont220 Sheryl Ave
- Cooke Construction, Inc.9661 Renee Ave Suite 5
- countryside custom wood flooring310 Gladys ave
- Courtney construction company
- Creating Spaces528 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa
- Creative Home Renovations2909 20th Street
Sioux City, Iowa
- Crittenden Design Building Systems207 Iowa Ave
- Cabinets By Stac
- Dave and Son Construction1770 285th Street
Marble Rock, Iowa
- Dave Navarro ConstructionP.O. Box 1268
- Dethlefs Homes, Inc.16306 Elm St
- DK and B Construction Specialties12231 Roberts Rd
- DL Construction LLC215 N Elm St
- Downing Construction Inc2500 W. 2nd Ave.
- Ducts In A Row939 Main St
- DW ContractingPO Box 641622
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dave and Son Construction
- Energy Smart Company1331 Park Ave
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Exterior Solutions6624 Blondo St Suite A
- Energy Smart Company
- KC Construction5634 S 22nd St
- Kenco Construction LLC16303 Bluegrass RD
- Kinzler Construction Services2335 230th St
- Kiss Construction, L.L.C.533 19th St. SE
Mason City, Iowa
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- KS Construction13122 Jefferson Circle
- KC Construction
- Lasting Improvements921 N Chestnut St
- Lechner Lumber Co200 S Court St
Sioux City, Iowa
- Legacy Landscape19718 Military Rd
- LGZ LLC906 Main St
- LMK Concepts2609 s 102 st
- Logan Construction Inc16060 County Road 25 25
- Lyda Construction LLC5549 Mason St
- Lasting Improvements
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- Schaecher Construction403 Des Moines St
- Schaus-Vorhies Water Treatment609 W. Grimes
- SIEBLER BUILDING CO INC6041 Oakcrest Plaza
- Skyline Construction2541 Randolph St
- Soflin Construction, LLC.11525 Decatur Plaza
- Stanger Enterprises13520 Giles Road, Suite E
- Steve Morford Construction4101 N 142ND AVE
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Straightline Design, Inc.3925 So. 147th Street 119
- S.W.E. Construction