Chicago homeowners with septic systems who perform annual maintenance can avoid costly backups.
Get matched with top septic system services in El Cerrito, CA
There are 5 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in El Cerrito
- AAA Mike Counsil Plumbing and RooterWe thought we needed just our washer drain unclogged so we called the company that had fixed that before, you guys. Guys came out. Under the house they discovered rusted sewer lines. When we had our plumbing redone years ago, the company who did those did not remove the old lines. Those old lines were up against the sewer lines and were corroding our sewer lines. So we had to replace the sewer lines. A broken line just before the city line was discovered so we had to replace that too. Anyhow, we so appreciated the kind workers who smiled and waved at us. They worked around our water schedule as we have a physically disabled adult son we care for. They let us watch all the things they had to do. I took pictures and the guys were fine with that. My brand new front yard was not ruined by trenchless sewer system that went in. And my yard looks like we never had sewer lines done. It was amazing. Yes, we would recommend you to all
- Reddi Services IncReady fix the broken line between the foundation wall and septic tank in about five hours. They did a good professional job. We are back online, start to finish in less than a day. Polite workers, good price I would highly recommend them.
- Homefront GC LLCWonderful shaping of our Landscape- rock walls, steps, and other creations thanks to Brandon. We will hire him again in a heartbeat.
- AAA Mike Counsil Plumbing and RooterJerry Biodo, from Mike's Plumbing arrived at 0900 on Sunday morning. He crawled under the house and checked how the water pipes were located to determine if they could be rerouted from the solar pipes. While he was under the house he also checked the septic lines and air conditioner lines. He went up on the roof next and checked where the water was coming from and if there was obvious damage to the roof. He counseled me to contact a Solar Company to have the solar unit removed and roof checked for water damage. As a temporary way to stop the leaking and still give me hot water he cut and capped the leaking pipes. He also checked but could not find a motor to the unit. He said he would be back to reroute the water lines to the water heater as soon as I get the solar units removed. It was a very hot day so I really appreciated Jerry's attitude and all the extra help and advice he gave me
- Quick Plumbing ServicesEverything was fine. They gave me a good tip and told me that I could use the city the next time for free if I have the same problem. That wasn't good for their business but that is what they told me.
- VAN DELDEN WASTE WATER SYSTEMSExcellent job done. They are prompt, very professional and performed work beyond expectations. Kurtis' excavation work was super clean and tidy. He definitely went above and beyond to put all the landscaping back. George was also so quick with a shovel and did a great job.
- Alpha Plumbing & Rooter ServiceThe only problem we had and they fixed it and they were very conscientious about it, the driver hit back into a fence along our tennis court and then pulled a little bit and they came, rooter rooter came up and fixed it, so they were attentive to us and it was a difficult backing situation and I don't really blame them and they fixed it so in a way it's kind of a good sign because they were conscientious about it, they make a mistake they fixed it. They pump the septic tank pretty straight forward they pumped it out and drove away, he had to come back and do a second one
- QUALITY SEPTIC SVCThese guys did a great job. Showed up when they said they would. Did the work in a timely manner. Cleaned and repaired leach lines. Workers were courteous and kept me informed on the problems and what to expect. Fair pricing. I would definitely use these guys in the future and would recommend them to others for similar work
- AARON'S SEPTIC TANKFound them in Angie's. Promptly returned my call on Friday and was able to scheduled an appointment on Monday. Came at appointed window of time 8am-10am. Septic Tank located where you have to crawl yourself in about 1 feet from opening under house. Worker immediately saw it and said he couldn't do. Told him it's been done before. Then he got his gloves and went in and said no problem. (He said he didn't want to dirty his clothes.) Other than that, took about 10-15 mins. to do septic pump out. If you pay cash you get 10% off
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain CleaningOur experience with this company was first rate and professional, from the first visit done to drain our septic tank, to our discovery that the leach-field was no longer operable and through to the installation of the new sewer line to connect us to the street sewer system. The job was done in between a very heavy system of rain storms but was still quite timely in spite of the rain. All the workers on the team wore Roto-Rooter uniforms and they were universally professional, polite to my wife and I. One worker even brought "booties" out to my wife's car so she could walk through the mud to the front door without getting her shoes dirty. The job was done exactly to the price as bid. I had obtained other bids from other sewer/septic companies and this bid was very reasonable. It was also apparent that this company was very familiar with our local sewer district and their permit process. We felt this "working relationship" was advantageous to us
Last update on December 12, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in El Cerrito, CA
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Live green and save cash: Conserving water, composting and using fewer harsh household chemicals not only helps planet Earth – it’s good for your septic tank.
While it’s tempting to procrastinate certain home projects and repairs, there are some you really shouldn’t put off. Here are 12 projects you shouldn't avoid any longer.
Find septic tank services in
- El Sobrante,
- San Pablo,
- Belvedere Tiburon,
- Corte Madera,
- Pleasant Hill
Septic Tank Contractors in El Cerrito, CA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Phillips Plumbing7431 Terrace Dr
El Cerrito, California 94530
- Phillips Plumbing
- Crest Home Remodeling16610 Ventura Blvd #3
Encino, California 91436
- Crest Home Remodeling
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyPO Box 8127
Walnut Creek, California 94596
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- Pleskach Plumbing5062 Banff Park Ct
Fremont, California 94538
- Pleskach Plumbing
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain Cleaning195 Mason Cir
Concord, California 94520
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain Cleaning
Septic tank companies that service El Cerrito
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.