Drainage Pros

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 2011

For over 33 years, Drainage Pros has successfully eliminated drainage and standing water problems for residential and commercial clients in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. At Drainage Pros, we specialize in providing each of our clients with reliable cost effective, permanent drainage solutions. Drainage Pros is the leader in installing drainage systems with guaranteed and predictable results. Because of our ability to eliminate standing water problems, we are the first and only company in the Bay Area that offers you in writing a "5 Year No Standing Water Guarantee!" This unique guarantee of ours is unequaled in the industry. We have the skills that many have come to trust for all their Bay Area drainage needs. Our expert team lets no detail go unnoticed while addressing the causes of your drainage water problems. You can rely on us. We will handle any standing water problem you are experiencing. Our team is committed to providing you with personalized service, the utmost care and our complete dedication to all of your project needs. At Drainage Pros, we understand that providing drainage solutions is a specialized discipline requiring a specific skill-set and training. So, whether you need a French drain, a sump pump, or a surface drainage system, Drainage Pros are the professionals of choice to rely upon every time to get your job done right! Drainage Pros, Results Guaranteed!...

Upright Construction

We are a full service construction here to help you with all your plumbing needs, water heaters, gas, sewer lines. We also love doing flooring, roofing and drywall work.

Unique Paver Stones, Inc

Unique Paver Stones has the skill, experience, and great client communication to meet your residential home build needs.

NAB Construction Inc

NAB Construction Inc specializes in creating stylish outdoor spaces for homeowners. Each garden is carefully crafted to meet the taste, lifestyle, and personality of its owner. The directors of NAB Construction describe the company as “a medium-sized, independent hardscape company. Large enough to have the technical expertise to complete any backyard makeover to a high standard; yet small enough to truly value our clients.”

09/24/2020

Bryan L.

It was excellent. They were prompt. They were clean. They worked hard. They completed the project on time. There was no issues.

Description of Work
They did an exterior french drain for me.

09/24/2020

Tie L.

The service was good.

Description of Work
They fixed the drainage.

Category drain cleaning

07/18/2018

khaled G.

Got a detailed estimate for the work that was in-line and a little lower than other estimates we had gotten. We didn't end up doing the work due to changing circumstances, but Rich was responsive, knowledgeable, and seemed genuinely interested in solving our problem.

Description of Work
Requested an estimate from Rich for some drainage work in our back yard.

10/05/2017

jane B.

I am not really satisfied with the information they are giving me. They gave me an estimate that was twice as much as I wanted to pay. The estimate was for drainage in the whole back of my house.

Description of Work
Estimate.

Category drain pipe

[Member Name Removed], Hope this finds you and [Member Name Removed] both doing well! I am sorry that you are not fond of our pricing but as I told you on site there is no way I could do your job for $10,000 (as you said you had gotten one quote along with another one at $72,000.00)...you have need of an 18" wide by 7-8' deep trench all across the entire back of your home and down both sides of your home and then out to the street. You have rock underground and we expect to wrestle with that throughout your Project. As last discussed on the phone with you and [Member Name Removed] that I am certain of our solution provided and that you will not have water in your home after the Project is completed. We are more than happy to help you with your Project but do not have any room as far the pricing. Thank you for your review.

08/30/2017

April H.

Found on Angie's list. Called & left message 8/7/15 10:15am (+email); called again 8/13/15 9:50am. No response. Finally got through to Rich Mariani 10/5/15. He wants $300 for site visit. I gave him my contact info (again) & emailed him (again, this time through the website prompted fields); he will get back to me to schedule a visit. But he never called back. 10/26/15: Got a very apologetic call from "Terrie", their new office manager who is trying to clean up the books and noticed nobody ever got back to me. Scheduled site visit for Wed Nov 4th at 12pm. Rich was over an hour late! I waited & waited & he never came! I had to leave the house & get back to work so I called & cancelled. He was very mad at *me* and argued into the phone yelling at me. He was so angry, when it had taken me 3 months to get a response from him and then he couldn't be bothered to come for our scheduled appointment. Don't use this guy. What a flake. I had really high hopes that this company could help solve my problems, but I guess I'll have to keep searching.

Description of Work
I have a house on a hill with poor drainage. Water seeps into the foundation during heavy winter rains. This is an ongoing problem and I've been calling many companies to try to find solutions.

Category basement waterproofing

05/26/2017

Sandy C.

When the home inspector alerted me to the need for drainage I had no idea what the scope of a drainage project would entail. Thankfully Rich takes the time to educate clients in person and he provides a thorough estimate to refer back to project specifics. Other contractors I got estimates from did not even bother to take measurements or note project details on the bid. During the project Alberto (the foreman) and crew were great! The crew started work on time each day, kept the job site as tidy as possible and worked tirelessly to keep the project duration to plan. Communication throughout the 6-week project with Rich and Alberto was solid. This review is for a project completed in June 2016. I was so pleased with my experience that I’m hiring Drainage Pros for another project today which reminded me to post kudos about the last project.

Description of Work
drainage around 3/4 of exterior of house, sump pump installation, concrete repair + paver installation

Category concrete repair,wells,drain pipe,hardscaping

03/07/2016

Sheri J.

correction made: never had services provided. I Confused provider with a plumbing company that I did hire. I canceled appointment with drainage pros for personal reasons and they never came to my house. I have nothing negative to say about them. When I did call them to make the appointment that I cancelled I do remember the office staff being very responsive and friendly and I do plan on calling them in the future.

02/08/2016

Colleen G.

Rich was very courteous, professional, knowledgable and personable. He was thorough in his explanation of how and where he would put in the drains, the sizes, materials needed, etc... After probablly an hour of talking through the project, he said he was scheduling about a month and half out, and he was going to catch up on preparing his estimates over the Thanksgiving weekend. I said that was all fine. One week after Thanksgiving I had not hear back from him. I let a second week pass, still no follow-up from Rich. I finally called him, thinking he had surely just misplaced my email or had written it down incorrectly. I left a message with all of my contact information and a reminder of who I was and the project we thoroughly discussed. Never. Heard. Back. No need to say anything else!

Description of Work
The owner came out to our house to give me an estimate for a side yard drainage project.

06/08/2015

Michele C.

The construction, once it was started, went quickly and well. The company promised a specific start date (to get a quick sign on the contract and the initial depositi) but then did not acknowledge that they had done that. They did not start the work until more than 6 weeks after the promised date. Even so, the work that that did was excellent --- I would use them again and put up with the poor scheduling.

Description of Work
installed two channel drains. built curb to avoid having surface water against the garage. built a basin drain to protect garage. created two gravel drainage sumps to reduce surface erosion.

Category wells,drain pipe

09/27/2013

Ali E.

Rich ( the owner) was very professional from bidding all the way until the project was finished. He explained all the details verbally and in writing about the whole scope of the project. All work was done exactly as was included in contract. After finishing the job, they left the site in a very clean condition as before work was performed. They finished the job on time as promised. l His crew, Bart and Carlos were very friendly and hard working and went out of their way to do other things that weren't part of the contract as adding an irrigation line and a sprinkler head to the irrigation system line. Very happy with the work specially they are the only one that guarantees no standing water in my basement for 5 years. He also included 3 years maintenance free and extended the sub pump manufacturer warranty to 3 years.

Description of Work
installed a french drain around my 100+ yr old house.

Category basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe