Drainage Pros

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 2011

For over 33 years, Drainage Pros has successfully eliminated drainage and standing water problems for residential and commercial clients in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. At Drainage Pros, we specialize in providing each of our clients with reliable cost effective, permanent drainage

Contra Costa Drainage SystemBay Area Sub Surface Drainage SystemBay Area Sump Pump Replacment

4.3

4.4

drain pipe installation (15)basement waterproofing (5)well & water pump repair (5)concrete repair (4)hardscaping (2)drain cleaning (2)excavating (2)lawn & landscaping (1)

12/10/2022

Christine H.

Drainage Pros was one of the three companies I initially called to give an estimate for my french drain installation. From the first interaction through the final invoice (after completion of the project), the entire team was professional, friendly, knowledgeable and responsive. Jonathan first came out to take a look at the area and provide me an estimate. He was friendly, quick and followed up shortly after with a detailed proposal of the work to be performed and the fee. He was super responsive and gave me thorough answers to all of my questions. He was flexible and able to accommodate my request for a slightly earlier time frame. Rich, the owner, was also available for any questions and to talk through anything needed. The level of professionalism and experience displayed through the initial process made my choice to go with Drainage Pros a no-brainer. The team started and finished the project on-time, kept the area being worked on tidy and clean when wrapping up each day and communicated with updates throughout the process. Alberto (Bart), the project foreman, was wonderful. He even made sure to match and touch up all the paint for any affected patches on the house stucco or cement once the project was complete. I will be using Drainage Pros going forward for all related projects. Working with this team was truly a breath of fresh air, and my basement is now clean and dry. Thank you Team!

Description of Work
Installation of french drain

Category basement waterproofing

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your great review! It was a pleasure working with you on your Project!

07/06/2022

Margaret D.

Don't be like us and wait until a hundred year storm hits in the middle of a drought and floods your garage. Take care of your drainage projects now. Drainage Pros completed a French drain and sump pump project for us in January 2022. We knew when we bought the house last September that the house didn't have adequate drainage, but we thought we had some more time to figure it out before it would cause an issue. Enter Huge Storm, October 2022. Our garage started to flood because there wasn't adequate drainage and our crawlspace filled up with water. While my husband was outside soaked to the bone (picture Jack on the door with Rose in the middle of the Atlantic, it was sad) trying to finagle a Home Depot plastic drain solution to save our belongings, I called Drainage Pros. Unfortunately I wasn't the only one with this idea and the earliest appointment I could get was for January. Jonathan was assigned as our project manager and did the first assessment of our project. He was super professional and easy to talk with to plan our project. It was easy to get a hold of him throughout the project and ask questions as needed. Our job consisted of installing a French drain around our entire house, and a drain that connected our downspouts. It also involved tunneling under our concrete walkway in the front and replacing some concrete. It also involved installing a surface drain along the front of our garage and connecting that to the system. Based on our site elevation we also had to install a sump pump and discharge line to the street. I'm a civil engineer and I've taken on some home projects, but this was probably one of the biggest ones we've had to do so far. Lots of dirt moving, big holes, concrete work, electrical. They had to take apart part of our back deck to access the back side of the house and they put it back together sufficiently. Our foreman was Javier, and we really enjoyed working with him as well. He was super professional and new what was what. The whole crew worked REALLY hard, and did an excellent job. I was pretty nosy and took pictures the whole way and they were very accommodating to me. We also have animals and kids, and they were accommodating to them as well. They were good about covering holes and ensuring safety when they were off-site. The project was supposed to take three weeks and they got it done in two. I really can't say enough good things about our experience with Drainage Pros. They did a great job. I would absolutely hire them again based on our experience. The owner, Richard, came out and did his own inspection after the project was done. He was a delightful guy to talk to. And lastly I'll note that this crew left our house/yard/property in better shape than they found it. They put rock and sand back where it was supposed to go and even made us a nice walkway with some existing brick we had. Very happy with this project.

Description of Work
Install Drainage System and Sump Pump

Category concrete repair, excavators, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, drain cleaning, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/17/2022

02/21/2022

Robert F.

Subsurface and French drains is never what anyone plans. Our house was well built, but drains had succumbed to relentless invasion by redwood tree roots. December’s 10 inches of rain exposed the inadequacy of our drainage system. Rich Mariani’s Drainage Pro team was responsive from the first call. The assessment and bid were comprehensive, followed by a detailed contract that spelled out every stage of work. Rich’s well-trained team worked diligently for 4 weeks. I could see every day that Javier and his 5 men were organized, careful, and hard-working. Rich made a detailed inspection every week, and the team responded to every item that he identified. Rich was never too busy to answer questions and concerns as the project went on. A critical stage is putting everything back together. Rich upgraded our sprinkling system where new valves were needed, restored our landscape lighting, regraded the ground around the house, improved the stucco siding at the foundation, and carefully replanted every shrub and tree. He brought in skilled concrete finishers to recreate our pebble-textured driveway beautifully. They sifted through pebbles to make sure they matched what we had. It truly looked like the pavement had never been disturbed. Finally, he put a rat-proof concrete layer over our crawl space. Our lower level always had the earthy smell of a basement. After his work, that smell is gone. Although we had not expected it from drain replacement, Rich left our home a better place than he found it.

Description of Work
Subsurface and surface drains around entire house and rat proofing crawl space

Category concrete repair, excavators, landscaping, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/21/2022

09/24/2020

Bryan L.

It was excellent. They were prompt. They were clean. They worked hard. They completed the project on time. There was no issues.

Description of Work
They did an exterior french drain for me.

Work Completed On 12/23/2019

09/24/2020

Tie L.

The service was good.

Description of Work
They fixed the drainage.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

07/18/2018

khaled G.

Got a detailed estimate for the work that was in-line and a little lower than other estimates we had gotten. We didn't end up doing the work due to changing circumstances, but Rich was responsive, knowledgeable, and seemed genuinely interested in solving our problem.

Description of Work
Requested an estimate from Rich for some drainage work in our back yard.

Work Completed On 04/15/2018

10/05/2017

jane B.

I am not really satisfied with the information they are giving me. They gave me an estimate that was twice as much as I wanted to pay. The estimate was for drainage in the whole back of my house.

Description of Work
Estimate.

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

[Member Name Removed], Hope this finds you and [Member Name Removed] both doing well! I am sorry that you are not fond of our pricing but as I told you on site there is no way I could do your job for $10,000 (as you said you had gotten one quote along with another one at $72,000.00)...you have need of an 18" wide by 7-8' deep trench all across the entire back of your home and down both sides of your home and then out to the street. You have rock underground and we expect to wrestle with that throughout your Project. As last discussed on the phone with you and [Member Name Removed] that I am certain of our solution provided and that you will not have water in your home after the Project is completed. We are more than happy to help you with your Project but do not have any room as far the pricing. Thank you for your review.

08/30/2017

April H.

Found on Angie's list. Called & left message 8/7/15 10:15am (+email); called again 8/13/15 9:50am. No response. Finally got through to Rich Mariani 10/5/15. He wants $300 for site visit. I gave him my contact info (again) & emailed him (again, this time through the website prompted fields); he will get back to me to schedule a visit. But he never called back. 10/26/15: Got a very apologetic call from "Terrie", their new office manager who is trying to clean up the books and noticed nobody ever got back to me. Scheduled site visit for Wed Nov 4th at 12pm. Rich was over an hour late! I waited & waited & he never came! I had to leave the house & get back to work so I called & cancelled. He was very mad at *me* and argued into the phone yelling at me. He was so angry, when it had taken me 3 months to get a response from him and then he couldn't be bothered to come for our scheduled appointment. Don't use this guy. What a flake. I had really high hopes that this company could help solve my problems, but I guess I'll have to keep searching.

Description of Work
I have a house on a hill with poor drainage. Water seeps into the foundation during heavy winter rains. This is an ongoing problem and I've been calling many companies to try to find solutions.

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/04/2015

05/26/2017

Sandy C.

When the home inspector alerted me to the need for drainage I had no idea what the scope of a drainage project would entail. Thankfully Rich takes the time to educate clients in person and he provides a thorough estimate to refer back to project specifics. Other contractors I got estimates from did not even bother to take measurements or note project details on the bid. During the project Alberto (the foreman) and crew were great! The crew started work on time each day, kept the job site as tidy as possible and worked tirelessly to keep the project duration to plan. Communication throughout the 6-week project with Rich and Alberto was solid. This review is for a project completed in June 2016. I was so pleased with my experience that I’m hiring Drainage Pros for another project today which reminded me to post kudos about the last project.

Description of Work
drainage around 3/4 of exterior of house, sump pump installation, concrete repair + paver installation

Category concrete repair, wells, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

Review for Drainage Pros - 1456 SOS Dr, Walnut Creek, CA - 35121391

03/07/2016

Sheri J.

correction made: never had services provided. I Confused provider with a plumbing company that I did hire. I canceled appointment with drainage pros for personal reasons and they never came to my house. I have nothing negative to say about them. When I did call them to make the appointment that I cancelled I do remember the office staff being very responsive and friendly and I do plan on calling them in the future.

Cost $0.01

Work Completed On 12/06/2015

02/08/2016

Colleen G.

Rich was very courteous, professional, knowledgable and personable. He was thorough in his explanation of how and where he would put in the drains, the sizes, materials needed, etc... After probablly an hour of talking through the project, he said he was scheduling about a month and half out, and he was going to catch up on preparing his estimates over the Thanksgiving weekend. I said that was all fine. One week after Thanksgiving I had not hear back from him. I let a second week pass, still no follow-up from Rich. I finally called him, thinking he had surely just misplaced my email or had written it down incorrectly. I left a message with all of my contact information and a reminder of who I was and the project we thoroughly discussed. Never. Heard. Back. No need to say anything else!

Description of Work
The owner came out to our house to give me an estimate for a side yard drainage project.

Work Completed On 11/19/2015

02/03/2016

JONATHAN K.

Work Completed On 11/15/2015

11/27/2015

Shelia B.

Description of Work
We called and left messages three times; they never returned our calls.

Work Completed On 11/23/2015

06/29/2015

David B.

Description of Work
Analyzed and evaluated water drainage situation from uphill properties, provided plan for capturing and draining water seepage, dug 20 ft long, 5ft deep ft trench along property line, installed pump and drainage pipe to sump for discharge to sewer line; also a 25 ft long 3 ft. deep parallel trench along lawn with pipe to discharge to sump.Covered trenches,put in new lawn turf.

Category wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/05/2015

06/08/2015

Michele C.

The construction, once it was started, went quickly and well. The company promised a specific start date (to get a quick sign on the contract and the initial depositi) but then did not acknowledge that they had done that. They did not start the work until more than 6 weeks after the promised date. Even so, the work that that did was excellent --- I would use them again and put up with the poor scheduling.

Description of Work
installed two channel drains. built curb to avoid having surface water against the garage. built a basin drain to protect garage. created two gravel drainage sumps to reduce surface erosion.

Category wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/28/2015

12/02/2014

Matthew J.

Work Completed On 12/02/2014

At the time of this call we were working with a local answering service to help handle the increase in requests for service, inspections and site visits. This is typical for this time of year when we start experiencing periodic heavier rains and people notice water where it does not belong. The staff at the service as always did a great job as they set appointments and gathered information from our Clients. They had routinely set up hundreds of these types of calls to help new Clients get on our schedule. After seeing this review, we evaluated our process of how we gather Client information and hired extra staff so this type of thing would not happen again. For over 33 years we have helped our Clients by providing reliable, cost effective and permanent drainage solutions. We are an A+ Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau and the first and only Drainage Company in the Bay Area to offer our Clients a 5 YEAR NO STANDING WATER GUARANTEE! If you ever have any questions about your drainage system or need help with any type of drainage problem, we here at Drainage Pros would love to hear from you! Please email us now at drainagepros@yahoo.com or call us at 925-944-5263 to answer your questions or eliminate your drainage issue. Thank you!

11/20/2014

Bill P.

Description of Work
Trench for drainage under front of house and along side of property. Tie in downspouts and two lines to street. Work went well. Stone walkway restored as original. Owner worked with me to get a good solution for a reasonable price.

Category concrete repair, drain pipe

Work Completed On 12/06/2013

09/27/2013

Ali E.

Rich ( the owner) was very professional from bidding all the way until the project was finished. He explained all the details verbally and in writing about the whole scope of the project. All work was done exactly as was included in contract. After finishing the job, they left the site in a very clean condition as before work was performed. They finished the job on time as promised. l His crew, Bart and Carlos were very friendly and hard working and went out of their way to do other things that weren't part of the contract as adding an irrigation line and a sprinkler head to the irrigation system line. Very happy with the work specially they are the only one that guarantees no standing water in my basement for 5 years. He also included 3 years maintenance free and extended the sub pump manufacturer warranty to 3 years.

Description of Work
installed a french drain around my 100+ yr old house.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/04/2013