Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Salem, VA
There are 7 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Salem
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.Work was generally of high quality with some minor painting issues. Arthur Jackson did an excellent job of analyzing problems unique to the house and proposing and implementing effective solutions. Floor replacement and refinishing work was particularly well done.
- JES Foundation RepairJES came on time and finished when they said they would. Their employees were courteous and worked diligently.
- JES Foundation RepairThe JES crew from Roanoke (Calvin, Andrew, Eric, and Treyvon) were exceptional. They worked steadily and were very skilled and professional. The final product was even better than I expected. I think it is also important to note that, as a woman living alone in a rural area, I found these folks to be courteous, respectful, and I felt very safe. I would totally recommend them and would hire them again if I needed their services
- JES Foundation RepairDevonte Kelso, Rasheed Broadwater, Keenan Pless, and Shy Lambert were very professional and did fantastic work. Great Job Fellas
- Triangle ReconstructionIt went well. Everything was to my satisfaction. On a scale from 1 to 100 I give Triiangle construction 100.18
- JES Foundation RepairEverything went great. They thoroughly explained the process and costs ahead of time. Once they began they found asbestos we didn’t know we had and had to stop working. Even though it’s not a service they offer they were able to help us find a company to remove the asbestos and once it was removed they quickly started working again and got the job done very fast
- JES Foundation RepairWe are extremely pleased with the three completed JES projects we had done during a three week period in October. Our experiences with all people we came in contact with were always positive including the office staff, sales, service department, management and the very hard working conscientious installers. The three crews were always polite, on time, and very professional with an excellent work ethic. Their jobs are rather labor intensive particularly the pier installation crew. With that being said, my 5 star reviews go to: * Kade and James Monell who did the foam work to stabilize and lift the concrete patio. They were conscientious enough to arrive a week early to check on the needs of the rather larger than usual job ahead of them. * Calvin, Keenan and Caelen. The crawl space encapsulation crew. * Todd, J. D., Jason and Kris the Pier installers. We can’t say enough positive comments about this crew in particular. Their 4 day job became more complicated than expected, lasting 7 days. They met the challenge head on. Thank you for a great job. We highly recommend JES to anyone who wants quality work performed by quality people. Karen and Chuck Troutville
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.We love our new enclosed patio room! We had the existing screened patio room remodeled with windows, new doors, new insulated ceiling, ceiling fans and lights, tile floor, and had the existing brick walls painted. As a few problems were found with the house during the remodeling process Arthur brought them to our attention and worked with us to rectify them as well. We ended up having a new rubber roof put on our patio room and the underground drainage system that was causing our basement water problem was redone as well. All of this work was done last summer and fall. We are very happy with our patio room remodel and our basement has been totally dry since then
- JES Foundation RepairIt looks good; however, time will be needed to see if things are indeed stable. They will come back in 6 months to a year for a final check. In 2013 (when the company was Evergreen) they encapsulated the very wet crawlspace. That is still performing well (though we've had to replace the original dehumidifier). A total of 12 "Intellijacks" were put in along with a supplemental steel I-beam and additional wood bracing of trusses. Holes were dug, filled with drainage gravel, cement footers installed to support the "Intellijacks" and the disrupted waterproofing redone. This was difficult work as the crawlspace is very low and the ground hard and rocky. We have always been impressed with the professionalism of all employees (office, professional, and work crews). We give the men who worked on this job all "5-star" reviews: Mike Gadjelov, Jacob Journell, Jordan Cook, and Alex Wilson. The only reason I didn't give a better grade on the price is it was such a big expense I couldn't bring myself to say it was "excellent." Since a house is one's biggest asset sometimes you just have to do it. Also, Nic Spruill (the Salem Production Manager) came in response to some further questions I had and will be coming back this week to shim some of the supports where needed. This company has the technical competence (and commitment to getting the proper permits for all work) to solve problems
- Helping Hands ConstructionColin and his team are well experienced and quick to identify solutions without breaking the bank. We are always pleased with their work, and truly grateful to have found a trustworthy company. Many thanks!
Basement Waterproofers in Salem
- Business Description:JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They cur..Recent Review:JES came on time and finished when they said they would. Their employees were courteous and worked diligently.Bill P.
- Business Description:For more than 60 years, ’58 Foundations has provided the highest-quality basement waterproofing and crawlspace encapsulation solutions for homes and commercial properties. We lead with a promise of Trusted Five-Star Service, which means the customer experience is at the center of everything we do. Since 1958, we have been steadfast in keeping this promise and in upholding the values on which '58 Foundations was built: trust, teamwork, integrity, respect and communication. This comes across in..Recent Review:Freddy was very professional and knowledgeable and explained that the water issues were not the result of foundation issues and explained what he could do if i wanted a dry basement. He did not try to sell me something that i did not needElizabeth D.
- Business Description:Strong building and remodeling company with 30+ years of experience in the industry. Our customers satisfaction is our goal. We are owner operated by the same people who build for you. We are safety oriented and look forward to building for you. Licenses include: Class A RBC, Class A CBC, Class A EMC, Registered Land Disturber. When contacting our office for an estimate, please remember we have a high call volume and you will be answered in order it is received! Thank you very much, Jackson &..Recent Review:Work was generally of high quality with some minor painting issues. Arthur Jackson did an excellent job of analyzing problems unique to the house and proposing and implementing effective solutions. Floor replacement and refinishing work was particularly well doneScott S.
- Business Description:We are a Class A General Contractor Specializing in All types Concrete Work and General Construction.Recent Review:There work exceeded my expectations. I was very concerned about this job because my husband and I had just had some trees removed, and our yard had been limed and reseeded. It just worked out that I hired ConWorx to do this work after my yard had been done. I mentioned to Mr. Bailey that I didn't want the yard tore up with heavy equipment, so he and his crew dug out the dirt for the foundation by hand. When the job was finished, my yard was left in impeccable shape. I love my new concrete slab. The slab is level and should serve us well. We are excited to install our new storage shedArlice B.
- Recent Review:Excellent service! Worked and got done on time. I would highly recommend them to others.Steve B.
- Business Description:Class A Contracting and Master Electrical ServicesRecent Review:It went excellently. (As has been all of my past dealings with Enquist.) I actually called them after hours, DURING HOLIDAY SEASON, not only did they still answer but they made it a point to get to me the next day because I had company coming in a day or two. Every step of the way from Becky on the phone, to the technician Jeremy, all extremely nice to deal with. For whatever your electrical needs are, CALL THIS COMPANY!! You will not be disappointed!!Keith W B.
- Business Description:Triangle Reconstruction is a specialty contractor specializing in crawl spaces. We solve crawl space moisture problems, remediate mold hazards and repair foundations. At TRC, we adhere to philosophies and values that differentiate us from all others. Our customers always come first. Excellence in craftsmanship and service are our top priorities. Our goal is to deliver QUALITY products and service at the most competitive pricesRecent Review:They did what they said they were going to do in a timely manner.Carolisa S.
- Business Description:For fastest response, please call (540) 520-7681. Full service general contractor, residential and commercial. No job too small.Recent Review:Job evaluated in September, 2020, but work not done until January, 2021, and then only after several phone calls from him telling us why he couldn't come sooner.Jan L.
- Business Description:We are a full service basement, crawl space and foundation repair contractor. Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau we have repaired over 40,000 homes and structures in Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina over the past 40 years. We are fully insured and licensed. Angie's List members receive a free consultation and inspection. We have worked in all types of locations, including residential and commercial locations, government agencies, colleges, hospitals, churches, and co..Recent Review:Appointment made, no one showed up. Called to inquire about the missed appointment with no return call.Paige G.
- Business Description:21 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES.
Deals in Salem for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Cave Spring
- Poages Mill
- Bent Mountain
- Boones Mill
- Blue Ridge
- New Castle
- Copper Hill
waterproofing contractors in Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations11256 AIR PARK RD
- '58 Foundations
- Bone-Dry Construction and waterproofing inc1279 lovers lane
- Bone-Dry Construction and waterproofing inc
- Fortress Foundation Solutions147 Mill Ridge Road
- Fortress Foundation Solutions
- LARRY HARTMAN & SON INC5151 STARKEY RD
- LARRY HARTMAN & SON INC
- Martin Services3787 Rutrough Rd
- Martin Services
- NCS Roofing & Renovations LLC2914 Creekwood Drive
- NCS Roofing & Renovations LLC
- Pitman Service Group (PSG)404 Walnut Ave SE
- Pitman Service Group (PSG)
- Virginia Elite Waterproofing4609 Blacksburg Rd
- Virginia Elite Waterproofing
- Wilson Construction Company875 Church Street
- Wilson Construction Company
- Xpert Foundations Inc19309 Winmeade Drive #103
- Xpert Foundations Inc