Winter is a great time to install a fence as it can save you money and preserve your landscaping. Here’s everything you need to know about installing a fence in winter, plus tips for completing the project safely and efficiently.
Get matched with top fence companies in Salem, VA
There are 16 highly-rated local fence companies.
Recent Fence Company Reviews in Salem
- Gill ContractingIt was outstanding! The fence is beautiful! Andy was very easy to work with and the job was completed quickly and very professionally.
- Beaver Creek FencingWe recently had Tracy and his crew come out and put in a dog fence for us and we are extremely happy with the way it turned out- they did a fantastic job and we will be using their services for any future projects we will have. Tracy and his crew are very knowledgeable and great to get along with. Thank you all again for everything!! ☺️ - Jessica and Jason Hardy
- Chad Hall Landscaping & FencingGreat! Chad is one of the nicest people I have dealt with while looking into this. His pricing, even with him coming all the way to Salem from Wise, was better than any other quote that we received. Once we signed the contract and paid our down payment, Chad had the fence installed within 1 week. It looks great and the dogs love that they have a safe place to run and pla
- Chad Hall Landscaping & FencingChad did a super job. Great quality, price and finished product. He takes pride in his work and it shows.
- Affordable FencingThey showed up and made is feel taken care of right from the start. My wife is concerned because our little girls are wild animals; we want them to have freedom to roam, but also be contained! Mike & Chris showed up with their crew and got the job done. We’re so pleased with the look and safety this new enclosure provides. 10/10 recommen
- SAM'S FENCINGThey came when they said they would, they charged what they estimated it to be and finished the project in record time. No issues, it was a great experience.
- Hometown LawncareIt was awesome. Easiest company to work with by far. We enjoyed them so much they are going to look at finishing our basement end of this month!
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.Our property has pretty steep hills which created some difficulty in building the fence. They did very professional job in a reasonable timeframe and for a very reasonable price (we did several other estimates). Arthur was always responsive to the phone calls. We have some other projects that need to be done in the house and we will definitely use Jackson&Jackson again
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.Arthur, the owner, was prompt, courteous, and reasonably priced. He stuck to his original quote and did not go over budget. He had a few different workers on site, but consistently had Eric on the project. We appreciated the continuity as it was usually just the female of the house and our young child at home. They were both very friendly and thoughtful in regards to being around children. The job took a little longer than expected, however I would much rather it take a few extra days and be done with the high quality level that Art and his team strive for. The team always made themselves available by phone or text with questions or requests (they even solved a few problems for us for free:). Their knowledge of so many different areas was impressive and there didn't seem to be anything they couldn't handle. We will definitely use Jackson & Jackson again for future projects
- Wisler Plumbing IncIt was very reasonable. The plumber that came out told us what it was going to cost before he went out and got the parts and he had everything in his truck so he fixed it right away. He was great and cleaned up after himself. We chose them because my daughter recommended them and my son in law’s whole family uses them. They have this great plan that you can sign up, it is their home protection plan and it is really inexpensive. It gives you discounts every time they come and they will come maybe three times, after business hours or on the weekends and you don’t get charged for the extra time, but they are just great. My daughter and her husband has been using them for years, in fact, they were just over at their house on the weekend to fix one thing, and ended up staying back to fix three things and didn’t charge them for the overtime. They are super nice people. They came one time right after we moved into the house and we had a deposit in one of our vacuum showers, someone had taken it out and put it on backwards so when we turned to the red, for hot water, we got cold water and the plumber that came said he could do it but he would have to charge us to fix it. It was a simple thing, so he asked my husband if he was handy and he was, so the plumber told him how to correct it. It was nice of him that he said we didn’t have to pay him for something we could do ourselves. My daughter had them over a month ago to fix the same thing in her house because she forgot to turn the faucet off, it had frozen, but the safety valve they had kept the water from flooding her house, so the plumber gave her a reminder sticker to put on the pipe
Fencing Contractors in Salem
- Business Description:DBA: SAM FENCING, DEWEY LLC.Recent Review:They came when they said they would, they charged what they estimated it to be and finished the project in record time. No issues, it was a great experience.tracy a.
- Business Description:Here at Chad Hall Landscaping & Fencing, we are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of quality home improvement services such as Fencing, Landscaping, Mulching, Snow Removal, and Outdoor Maintenance. You will find us to be competitively priced with close attention to the details of each and every project that we are involved with. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee yo..Recent Review:Great! Mr Hall even called to say he was running late one day-- that never happens! And he was most mindful of my neighbors, too. The crew cleaned up their space after they were finished. Everything completed in one day! I would recommend to others and hire for myself agaiAnn B.
- Business Description:Strong building and remodeling company with 30+ years of experience in the industry. Our customers satisfaction is our goal. We are owner operated by the same people who build for you. We are safety oriented and look forward to building for you. Licenses include: Class A RBC, Class A CBC, Class A EMC, Registered Land Disturber. When contacting our office for an estimate, please remember we have a high call volume and you will be answered in order it is received! Thank you very much, Jackson &..Recent Review:Work was generally of high quality with some minor painting issues. Arthur Jackson did an excellent job of analyzing problems unique to the house and proposing and implementing effective solutions. Floor replacement and refinishing work was particularly well doneScott S.
- Business Description:Residential & commercial design & install landscaping, hardscaping, lawncare, retaining walls, walks, driveways & patios.Recent Review:Ron Mitchell and team did such a great job on our landscape in March 2019 that we asked them back to do additional projects! Not only that but they are keeping a close eye on our hard fescue planted in 2019 to ensure it is everything we all hoped for! Honestly could not ask for a better family and team of workerskathy h.
- Business Description:27 employees. Cost is determined by the job.Recent Review:Wisler has done some work for my elderly mother in the past, and, although I have always thought the prices were on the high side, she has felt comfortable with the plumbers who have come. But, this job will be the end of our association. She had a faulty fill valve on her toilet. This is normally a repair I do for her as it rarely takes more than 30 minutes, but I live in Fairfax and could not get into town this time. She wanted it fixed, so I told her to call Wisler. Costly mistake. Bottom line (literally) was $400+ for fill valve, supply line, and flapper assembly. I was stunned. I figured it would be maybe $200 for a job that shouldn’t take more than an hour and require $20 in parts (retail not wholesale). But $400??? I have asked around (homeowners and plumbers alike) and all are in disbelief. I asked a plumber here in Northern Virginia where you’d think you’d pay a premium, and he said that job is normally a low $200 job. Just outrageous. And to top it off, they had to return once to correct the repair.UPDATED :operations manager subsequently called to better understand my dissatisfaction. He took the onus of miscommunication in terms of price and service. They ultimately refunded a portion of the cost to bing it more in line with my expectations. Final price was $279Dan P.
- Business Description:My name Larry Hairston I run a small landscaping company in the new river valley for 7 years we are a small hometown company. We do Lawncare and landscaping we fill that we provide some of the best service around we are just a father son team that are just trying to make a good livin we dont believe that quality work should have a quality price please call us and I promise u wont regret itRecent Review:I couldn't believe the transformation of the yard and surrounding border of our home! It went from weedy, sort of junky and tired looking to Better Homes and Garden. Mr Hairston and his staff were amazing. I was not only pleased beyond words but their friendly manner and amazing work ethic will have me recommending and rehiring them without hesitationbetty w.
- Business Description:Full Service Landscaping company. Turfgrass, Commercial Herbicide license, Hardscape and softscape. Specialize in Commercial and ResidentialRecent Review:Did a great job and made sure I was happy with everything. Would use them again when I need help.Marty F.
- Business Description:Affordable Fencing is a Full Service Fence Company capable of handling repairs and new installations. Committed to bringing you superior customer service and support for all your needs, we focus on providing superior fence service to residential, commercial, and industrial businesses in the New River Valley.Recent Review:They showed up and made is feel taken care of right from the start. My wife is concerned because our little girls are wild animals; we want them to have freedom to roam, but also be contained! Mike & Chris showed up with their crew and got the job done. We’re so pleased with the look and safety this new enclosure provides. 10/10 recommenJak O.
- Business Description:"Fencing is more than constructing something to hold in livestock/pets or whatever the case may be. A proper fence is artwork in its own way. If properly built it will enhance the appearance of your property and increase your property's value. It will be something you will be proud to look at. The reason we build fence is because, at the end of the day, I can see something more than just a fence. I can see artwork as it lays with the land. I know it was built right and I know that I'm not the..Recent Review:We recently had Tracy and his crew come out and put in a dog fence for us and we are extremely happy with the way it turned out- they did a fantastic job and we will be using their services for any future projects we will have. Tracy and his crew are very knowledgeable and great to get along with. Thank you all again for everything!! ☺️ - Jessica and Jason HardyJessica H.
- Business Description:I have been involved in construction work for over 6 years and have been a dedicated handyman for the past 4 years. I am here to address any handyman job you have from TV installation, furniture assembly, air duct cleaning, hauling, and more. Rates vary on job to job basis FREE ESTIMATESRecent Review:They were very good. It was a good experience. They did a great work.Barry C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fencing contractor articles
A dog fence is essential to keeping your pup safe. Luckily there are many options, from tall privacy fencing to wireless underground electric fences. This guide will help you calculate the average cost to install a dog fence.
Wrought iron is classic, stylish, and regal. The total cost of installing a new wrought iron fence can vary significantly based on the size, design, and materials. This article will provide you with an estimate to help you get started.
Find fence companies in
- Poages Mill
- Cave Spring
- Bent Mountain
- Boones Mill
- Blue Ridge
- New Castle
- Copper Hill
fence companies in Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- B & S Cleaning Yardwork & Snow Removal3405 Vicker Switch Rd
- B&B Quality Fencing5375 Harvest Rd.
- Ballard Building LLC2917 Bonlyn Circle
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Beaver Creek FencingPO Box 150
- BLR Services4509 renfro blvd.
- Boothe Construction Co2728 Dell Ave. N.E.
- B & S Cleaning Yardwork & Snow Removal
- Chad Ayersman Contracting914 Norbourne Ave
- Chad Hall Landscaping & FencingPO Box 117 115 Washington Road S.W.
- Chapman Contracting LLC100 Nicholas Dr Trlr 4944
Clifton Forge, Virginia
- cne inc32 buckner st
- Crockett Home Improvement Inc1255 Radford St
- Curb Velocity1977 Nace Rd
- Chad Ayersman Contracting
- Friedman Home Improvement109 Yorkshire Ct
- Friedman Home Improvement
- M.A. Turner Construction Inc.PO Box 115
- Martin Services3787 Rutrough Rd
- Martin Whorley's Discount Tree Service310 Gilmer Avenue NW
- Masterpiece Landscape Contracting823 Duke of Gloucester St. C
- Mobile Mig & Arc Welding4345 Whitt Southern Rd
- M.A. Turner Construction Inc.
- Nature Calls NRV Pet Waste Removal Specialists1563 firetower rd
- NCS Roofing & Renovations LLC2914 Creekwood Drive
- Newbilt Construction105 Darlington Dr .
Rocky Mount, Virginia
- NRV Home Improvement201 Roanoke street
- NRV Lawns & Landscaping, Inc.2000 Roanoke St
- NRV Mulch & Stone, Inc.2000 Roanoke St.
- Nature Calls NRV Pet Waste Removal Specialists
- SALEM PAINTINGPO Box 634
- SAM'S FENCING2717 Shenandoah Ave NW
- Shiloh Land Management3096 Forest Rd
- Smith Mountain Building Supply LLCPO Box 670
- Solid Rock Enterprises, Inc.1371 Southside Dr Suite D
- South Augusta FencingPO Box 2436
- SALEM PAINTING
- Unlimited Handiworks LLCPO Box 21235
- Unlimited Handiworks LLC
- VIRGINIA BUILDING SERVICES INC541 CAMPBELL AVE SW
- VIRGINIA BUILDING SERVICES INC
- WDR Land Designs130 Scruggs Rd Ste 215
- Wendys Window CleaningPO Box 82
Ivydale, West Virginia
- Westlake Heating & Air695 Lakewood Forest Rd
- WEV Construction2335 Kellington Ct
- Windows and Home Renovations DirectPO Box 277
- Wisler Plumbing Inc405 Industry Blvd
Rocky Mount, Virginia
- WOOD CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING4505 12 OCLOCK KNOB RD
- WDR Land Designs